Question if i should change to demon

Options
pmihai12
pmihai12 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Blademaster
Ok so the thing is.. i just came back after 3 years break and my 100 bm is sage axe build .

Now i see everyone goes aps.

So i wanted to switch to demon but people say that i should stay sage cuz is better and go for pure str axe build for pvp.

And yes i'm for pvp mostly not too much pve.

So help out here... what do u think i should do?

I wanna hear ur opinions too.
Post edited by pmihai12 on

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    APS is for PvE, some PvP situations. With a high refined R9/R9rr axe you can get away with not using fists.

Issue is accuracy nowadays with a lot of the field having higher evasion.

You should get some more dex/accuracy. You can stay sage fine, I know of 3 Sage BMs that do excellent in NW and TW - none are pure strength, they have between 160-200 Dex.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • pmihai12
    pmihai12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    how i should distribuite the points as an axe bm? vit str or str dex?
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    Arocus - Archosaur Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Str dex is probably your best option. Like Maelael said, you'll want dex for the accuracy since some chars have upwards of 600 dex now and it's difficult to hit them. Your HP will be fine with higher refines, even without any vit.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    Options
    pmihai12 wrote: »
    how i should distribuite the points as an axe bm? vit str or str dex?

Really at this point its 3 Vit 3 Mag, hit 200 Dex with your PvP gear on, and the rest goes into Strength.

What Arocus said is correct, the refines will more than make up for the HP.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    pmihai12 wrote: »
    Ok so the thing is.. i just came back after 3 years break and my 100 bm is sage axe build .

Now i see everyone goes aps.

So i wanted to switch to demon but people say that i should stay sage cuz is better and go for pure str axe build for pvp.

And yes i'm for pvp mostly not too much pve.

So help out here... what do u think i should do?

I wanna hear ur opinions too.

In my honest opinion there is no better cultivation. Having been demon AND sage I can honestly say many of the demon skills are very good, but sage really can make up for plenty of points. APS is...well, it's ok if used right in PvP, I will admit it, though you'll never see ma apsing anyone these days anymore, I stopped that a while ago, but that's just me, I can't get the aps style to work at all.

Sage is more of a solo master in PvP, whereas demon is the epitome of crowd control, although as stated above, accuracy is your issue. I call myself a pure axe but truth be told I have been known to whip out a sword on a seeker and a poleblade on a barb or tough caster, mostly because instead of using my pure axe build I chose to cap my dex out at 150 (Will probably raise it up when I get r9r2 to around 200) simply for the fact that you could have all the damage in the world, but if you can never hit a target, you'll never do any good. Magic and Vit are good at 3 though if you plan on the emperor tome and the r9t3, you could have some base vit after all, and even then, 50 base vit would be pushing it...the majority of HP comes from refines.

Reason my friends loved me as a demon: Demon HF lasted long enough to ensure death on the enemy even if I mistakenly clicked a little early and misfired it. My roar could not fail. I could Drake Bash the bid threats and keep then down longer. Aeolian would interrupt some channeling a few good times since I could spam it. Demon Fissure made it hard for melees to attack my ranged DDs unless they were shadow teleporting sins. And of course a few other reasons.

Reason my friends love me as a sage: While my HF doesn't last longer, and it's much more crucial to time right, I can do it every 30 seconds because of the chi consumption then return, and when used in tandem with a procing Tiger Maw, I still have 1 whole spark. When my sage Highland Cleave gives me the crit buff, enemies die. Period. My stuns almost never stop, though do not last as long nor are as reliable, since they can be done mroe it makes up for some loss. Sage Fissure, HF, Wiz friend sues Blade Tempest. Yes, you are dead.

It's all a matter of style...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • yongerts
    yongerts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    is it true that going sage is more costly than demon path?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    yongerts wrote: »
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

yongerts replied to a message that was 1 month 20 days 20 hours 25 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Options
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

yongerts replied to a message that was 1 month 20 days 20 hours 25 minutes old.

Hey geckofail? GTFO. He's a new poster and the mods can do their jobs just fine.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    yongerts wrote: »

This is not true, they are about even in price. But the market for sage books is...puny, barely existant for BMs, so you'll have to make most of your books.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.