Selling Bound Gear

Options
tictic99999
tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
I have heard through many rumors that selling bound gear was made possible in the china version of this game, I would love to know if that is coming via a stone or something to the pwi US servers. I as a long term player who loves pvp have obtained 100s of millions in bound gear that just sits in my bank uselessly. I would like a good concrete awnser from GMs if this function is coming to our game as well (I hear about a "trade-safe platform" for bound gear). Thank you in advance for any real awnsers I hope i can sell my infamous G16 gear. b:shutup

p.s. i think if people really want this like i do we should make a poll and show the overwhelming support for this! b:pleased

Poll:

Yes to trading bound gear
No to trading bound gear
Undecided
thfunny-21-1.gif
(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
Will he reach 1800 spirit?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No.
    If you've got a problem with gear binding, take the Lunar route or craft the bound-on-equip gear and sell it without putting it on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I say nay on the selling bound gear.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • TooLOVELY - Heavens Tear
    TooLOVELY - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No, because that is why you have the option of Lunar and TT gear...
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This is something i agree fully with and I myself would love to see this change introduced into our version of the game. It would really add some versitility to our current markets.

Just think about all of the people who are endgame such as myself having really good gear just taking up space in my bank that could be auctioned off to the market thus creating more gear that can be attained for the server as well as me not having to NPC a +10 gear part that would otherwise sit in my bank until the game fully died.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ^- agrees because especially being on a pvp server, its either you bind your gear which i do (unless its rank gear of course) or you spend lots on guardian scroll... I prefer the cheaper way and just bind my gear.
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No...Then wth is the point of binding them in the first place? It's the price you pay, live with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Just no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No...Then wth is the point of binding them in the first place? It's the price you pay, live with it.

The point of it is what I already stated. The fact that over time newer gears come out mean that the older gear which was bound no longer has a use and is destined for eternal bank slot ? or Account stash slot?

I went from at one point owning a warsoul of Earth helmet (bound) because on a pvp server to a 2nd cast nirvana helmet. I didnt' want to lose it.

Well basically i'll have an opportunity to Get rid of it through the tradesafe platform and the next buyer will also have that peace of mind knowing its bound already.

I just can't stress how much of a good idea this would be for all servers and I would be at the front of the line of people that pay for the first tradesafe platform Binding Charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The point of it is what I already stated. The fact that over time newer gears come out mean that the older gear which was bound no longer has a use and is destined for eternal bank slot ? or Account stash slot?

I went from at one point owning a warsoul of Earth helmet (bound) because on a pvp server to a 2nd cast nirvana helmet. I didnt' want to lose it.

Well basically i'll have an opportunity to Get rid of it through the tradesafe platform and the next buyer will also have that peace of mind knowing its bound already.

I just can't stress how much of a good idea this would be for all servers and I would be at the front of the line of people that pay for the first tradesafe platform Binding Charms.

:/ I can understand wanting to be able to sell it, but if you know you're going to want to get rid of it in the future, then don't go for the bind on equip/binding charms.
    Get Guardian scrolls or safety lock if you must.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    3 **** Scenarios:

*person gets **** and has unbounded gear, loses it*

*person gets **** and has bounded gear, doesn't lose it*

*person gets **** with bounded gear but hacker uses anti-bound item and steals the items anyway, loses gear and money spent on bound charms*

.....get the point?
  • Seileach - Archosaur
    Seileach - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Since I'm not at this level, I've not tried this. Can't you npc the old gear to get rid of it?
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Since I'm not at this level, I've not tried this. Can't you npc the old gear to get rid of it?

If it's bound you can destroy it. That's about the only option to get rid of it if you or none of your alts want it anymore ever.

EDIT:
    3 **** Scenarios:

*person gets **** and has unbounded gear, loses it*

*person gets **** and has bounded gear, doesn't lose it*

*person gets **** with bounded gear but hacker uses anti-bound item and steals the items anyway, loses gear and money spent on bound charms*

^-- That >.>; Making Bound items trade/selable is ridiculously unsafe and pointless to the logic of actually binding it in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options
    :/ I can understand wanting to be able to sell it, but if you know you're going to want to get rid of it in the future, then don't go for the bind on equip/binding charms.
    Get Guardian scrolls or safety lock if you must.

This is a feature of the game already its not really up for debate. I just want the fairness that we get with the UNFAIR changes and just have this done for us with haste.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If it's bound you can destroy it. That's about the only option to get rid of it if you or none of your alts want it anymore ever.

EDIT:

^-- That >.>; Making Bound items trade/selable is ridiculously unsafe and pointless to the logic of actually binding it in the first place.

Honestly there really isn't a real way to be **** lest you gave your account info away whether mistakenly or purposely, and contrary to popular belief our GM team is actually good at identifying this and will gladly reclaim your items from anyone that took them from you. This game may not seem like it but they do keep a record of all ip addresses that log into your account and can easily use that information to track down items.

Anyhow I stand firm in my decision in supporting a tradesafe platform and associated Charms. "http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/35724"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Binding equipment is mainly meant for security reasons, to prevent
    other users of your account from stealing/selling your equipment.

A thing that might work, is a password system, which only the owner knows,
    to sell/trade/unbind the equipment.
    edited March 2013
    Options
    y4kuzi wrote: »
    Binding equipment is mainly meant for security reasons, to prevent
    other users of your account from stealing/selling your equipment.

A thing that might work, is a password system, which only the owner knows,
    to sell/trade/unbind the equipment.

That would be something more reasonable and secure to have, rather than just an item or something that anyone can use on whatever item if they could.
    A password or something of the sort would, at least for me, make me feel better about the idea of my bound equipment being able to be taken away from me by becoming unbound again. Still not the biggest fan of the idea in the first place, but a password would help ease the thought if they ever actually DID put in some unbinding system.

Still...I bind my things for a reason and don't want them changed b:sad lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragon4147
    dragon4147 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Options
    yes we shud have this or at least give us unbundung chamrs or sumthing of the sort
  • hubertteew
    hubertteew Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    OMG that would be great ! b:victory
  • dilofd
    dilofd Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Amazing ! i say yes :)
  • Levantica - Raging Tide
    Levantica - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It will be best if they made a NPC for bound stuff and give us a lot of money for them or something really nice in return other that full out inventory with them. And I dont mean the NPC that destroy them just to get some money back or something really nice that is worth and we dont loose all that we invest in them.
  • dilangelo1
    dilangelo1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I must say that his post displays exactly the same sentiments that I was thinking.

This would be a really good idea.

Since G16 and r9 3th cast this would be really good.

So, I have to say YES! b:victoryb:victory
  • XBABYGIRLx - Harshlands
    XBABYGIRLx - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think an unbinding process would be a good idea. It takes 3 days to destroy a bound item when you wish to get rid of it. It should likewise take 3 days in order to unbind an item. This would solve the problem of bound items possibly being stolen in the even of a ****. There was a time when I would have said bound items should never be able to be unbound. But now, with all the new gear sets that are being released so rapidly, I think that being able to unbind and sell your items when you upgrade could do wonders for our servers. TT70, 80, 90 gears were stepping stones to better gear, and now tt99, first and second casts are stepping stones as well. We should have the freedom to treat them as such, particularly with so many of these things being "Bind on equip."
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think instead they just need a second charm. The binding charm we already have and a second that just makes gear undroppable. Certain items in PWI already have this, they can be sold and traded, they just can't be dropped. I have a few items I used a binding charm on just because I was afraid of losing them if I died. I often carry guardian scrolls, but sometimes you run out (especially if you get in a really bad squad and have repeated deaths).

I would love to make an item undroppable without having to bind it. Just a thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I say NO.

Binding your gear is a decision that you will have to choose, and you must live with that.

Don't like bound gears? Then go to lunar path. b:bye
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No.
    I say this, despite having dropped half my gear in PvPb:chuckle
    Go Lunar if you want it tradeable. c:
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • Danoria_ - Lost City
    Danoria_ - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Lets just hope that pw trolls us like usual and makes the unbinding/safe trade/whatever the hell it is ridiculously expensive and not worth it compared to the price of the gear. b:chuckle

That said, I see both the pros and cons of this feature. While I don't see us getting it in the near future, it could have definite effects on the economy. Failed attempt at fighting power creep/worsening power creep? possibly. I would definitely see it increasing pking on pvp servers, which could be ridiculously annoying, as the cost of pking would potentially decline.

For some odd reason, I have taken to analyzing pw server economies, and the effects changes would place on said economies....and I only took one economics course, and slept through most of it... this is what edumication does...
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I maybe mistaken, but I believe about a year ago or so there was a rumor or testing going on for a npc to do exactly that with selling bound gear. But anyway I don't see a problem with it. Most people I know that have been so called "****" was not **** at all. Just a person they gave their info to took their stuff. I would love to see the real stats and not made up numbers on the forums from fail math geeks on what % of **** claims are true and what % is from carelessness.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Clokey - Harshlands
    Clokey - Harshlands Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    trade bound items = stupd, why ppl make bound her items? to keep it and dont drop it, if u wanna use it and trade later make ur Lunar and not TT, and trade bound item will increased the scammers and hackers inserting keyloggers to the others players to get her bound items or no bound :)

then Bound item = Safety way, no drop, if someone **** ur acc cant sell or take ur bound item as wep nirvana, gear nirvana, or some bound items as lunar or belts, necks, rings, tomes.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Key-loggers are only a problem to people that go to and use questionable sites and allow physical access to their computers to other people. This is not to say valid sites can not be compromised as well.

Aside that, not all bound tt gear is upgradable, or usable by all classes. The nivarna orns was never introduced in our version (or any official release that i am aware of).

If you look at the coin value aspect, there are gears far more valuable that are tradable, Warsoul weapons, tome's ect.

Lastly, why are TT gold's bound in the first place, but lunar gold is not?
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I said no, bound gears should only be sellable before they're put on a character (but I do understand why some would want to make them re-sellable)...b:thanks