element client force close problem

Mairwen - Archosaur
Mairwen - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Support Desk
up until the most recent update I wasn't having this problem.

every time I try to open element client for multi clienting, either having the launcher open first, followed by element, or element alone... it force closes.

I get past the log screen, see my character, hit start, see a load screen and it force closes and asks me to send in a report.

I've sent in two.

has anyone else had a problem w/ element after the last update?

I'm starting to get really frustrated.
Post edited by Mairwen - Archosaur on

Comments

• naadir
    naadir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have the exact same problem. Did you find out how to fix it?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    I've done some testing and haven't had any issues. Try verifying the files a couple of times and then reboot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • naadir
    edited March 2013
    ok i tryed a couple of times and still crashes, any other idea? b:cry
    edited March 2013
    naadir wrote: »
    ok i tryed a couple of times and still crashes, any other idea? b:cry
    As I always say....

Going to need more information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • naadir
    edited March 2013
    edited March 2013
    ZOMG, your display driver is from 2008.

Click Here and download the latest driver for your device.
    Be sure to run the installer as administrator, and to choose the "Clean Install" option under advanced settings.

If you continue having issues after that, I'll need to see a Speccy report.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    up until the most recent update I wasn't having this problem.

every time I try to open element client for multi clienting, either having the launcher open first, followed by element, or element alone... it force closes.

I get past the log screen, see my character, hit start, see a load screen and it force closes and asks me to send in a report.

I've sent in two.

has anyone else had a problem w/ element after the last update?

I'm starting to get really frustrated.

Do you make it to the loading screen after selecting your toon? If so, press and hold "w" on your keyboard.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • naadir
    edited March 2013
    ZOMG, your display driver is from 2008.

Click Here and download the latest driver for your device.
    Be sure to run the installer as administrator, and to choose the "Clean Install" option under advanced settings.

If you continue having issues after that, I'll need to see a Speccy report.

I updated the driver but still same problem, and it's now the 3rd time i verified the files. One detail I forgot to mention that might be relevant since I don't think it's my laptops problem, is that when I run with patcher everything works just fine. Might the problem be the fact that when I run with patcher I run it an old UI, I changed the theme in .ini file long time ago, but when I run with elementclient it runs the new UI? Wich is again weird cause before this update it worked perfectly fine if I ran one client with old UI and another with new UI.

Edit: tryed switching ini to new ui but still the same.
    edited March 2013
    I updated the driver but still same problem, and it's now the 3rd time i verified the files. One detail I forgot to mention that might be relevant since I don't think it's my laptops problem, is that when I run with patcher everything works just fine. Might the problem be the fact that when I run with patcher I run it an old UI, I changed the theme in .ini file long time ago, but when I run with elementclient it runs the new UI? Wich is again weird cause before this update it worked perfectly fine if I ran one client with old UI and another with new UI.

Edit: tryed switching ini to new ui but still the same.
    One of the recent updates likely reset your manual UI change. Additionally, there's the UI size option to consider.

Try it with these settings...
    NOTE: Leave the top [Info] section alone. This will replace everything below it.
    [Video]
    Level = 0
    Sight = 0
    WaterEffect = 0
    SimpleTerrain = 1
    TreeDetail = 0
    GrassDetail = 0
    CloudDetail = 0
    Shadow = 0
    MipMapBias = 0
    FullGlow = 0
    SpaceWarp = 0
    SunFlare = 0
    AdvancedWaterUD = 0
    RenderWid = 1280
    RenderHei = 800
    TexDetail = 0
    SoundQuality = 0
    FullScreen = 1
    WideScreen = 0
    ScaleUI = 1
    VerticalSync = 0
    Gamma = 41

[Audio]
    SoundVol = 25
    MusicVol = 0

[UI]
    Theme = 0

Note: I created this specifically for the poster I am responding to. Anyone else using this may have a negative experience depending on your system's specifications. You have been warned.
    For the Mods, no non-approved changes have been made to this, it's just the easiest way to convey the setting data.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • naadir
    edited March 2013
    Still doesn't work b:angry
    edited March 2013
    Still doesn't work b:angry

Sorry to hear that. going to need more information. Specifically, the link to a published Speccy report taken at the time your client is crashing. You know, the one I asked for in posts #5 and 7?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • naadir
    edited March 2013
  • skyangel72
    skyangel72 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i have the lastest version of the game and was wounding why cant i play two accounts at the same time i am running windows 7 .
    Maybe i am doing something wrong please help.

Thanks
  • naadir
    edited April 2013
    Just to let you all know who have the same problem. I deleted the game and downloaded it again and it worked like a charm everything is up and running again. As for skyangel r you running the clients with patcher or elementclient? Cause to dual you need to run the 2nd with client.
This discussion has been closed.