Disable hypers in frost, yes, no or LV restricted?

Comments

• Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How about besides level requirement for frost, you add squad size too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Personally, I think that hypers in FCC should be limited to 100+ as we don't get any real exp/spirit reward for BH's

Entrance to FCC should be absolutely limited to level 75 and up.

Both of those are very easy and reasonable changes.

Hmm, I actually havent thought of it like that. I kinda like that idea.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Personally, I think that hypers in FCC should be limited to 100+ as we don't get any real exp/spirit reward for BH's

And if this was done, FC would need to be revamped also for more xp and harder difficulty. Then again I dont understand why they cant just revamp nirvana into such xp instance for levels 100+ so lower levels wouldnt lose their instance.

FC xp isnt that high compared to PV for example, difference is PV can be entered limited amount of times daily.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How about besides level requirement for frost, you add squad size too?

So they can "glitch in" a lvl 100 to do it for them after opening and do it for em all like they do for TM runs? That would be a new way to sell FC...charge 500k a person, thats 2.5m right there killing for 5 people. But nevertheless power leveling is still bad.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    And if this was done, FC would need to be revamped also for more xp and harder difficulty. Then again I dont understand why they cant just revamp nirvana into such xp instance for levels 100+ so lower levels wouldnt lose their instance.

FC xp isnt that high compared to PV for example, difference is PV can be entered limited amount of times daily.
    Alternatively, they could just return it to it's previous state where we had solo and squad mode and it was used for farming mats. The instance was a bit more difficult then.

I actually have the map files sitting around here for that somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Alternatively, they could just return it to it's previous state where we had solo and squad mode and it was used for farming mats.

I wish. That seemed like good gear for it's level....
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wish. That seemed like good gear for it's level....

When I first started playing I wanted full fcc gold armor. Was so sad that I couldn't craft it!
    Kinda no point to it now... but well if people don't level as fast as they used to, awesome mid-level armor/weapons would become more worth making b:victory
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Alternatively, they could just return it to it's previous state where we had solo and squad mode and it was used for farming mats. The instance was a bit more difficult then.

But limit for entering PV should also be lifted if FC is taken off from lowbies as way of leveling. Simply going back to the grindfest to "teach players" is no solution either. If we want to promote lowbies learning to play, there should be instances which are more rewarding than having high level help them with it. For example instance, which only lets in level 30-50 or something. Make it the way to level for those levels and powerleveling as a problem disappears. Right now its common because its so much more rewarding than other ways to level.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can always hyper grind mobs on the open map. Spiders are great.

Butterfly grinding would be funb:chuckle
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • bobcorker
    bobcorker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why remove them now? Most everyone does it and its the most effective way to bring new people into the fold of NW, TW, ToB, etc.... If you remove it now you will only hurt the game.
  • stfu0025
    stfu0025 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When I first started playing I wanted full fcc gold armor. Was so sad that I couldn't craft it!
    Kinda no point to it now... but well if people don't level as fast as they used to, awesome mid-level armor/weapons would become more worth making b:victory

omg reli :O (Davesama here, tho now playing on dw server) i bet u would just save that gear on bank :P

Now on topic. FC becomes rly need after 75-80 ish due to the quest chain, not many quests as lower levels which means less experience. Someone can Level from 1-75 without any major issues, I mean, perfect questmaster, lucid chest, easier quests with more exp than before, Goshiki chain, etc...Isn't really that hard. Wondering how viable a Mix between exp and farming instance could be, because that would be really nice, people from lvl 75-85 could get experience at the same time to farm some decent gear, which no way would make it a dead instance as some people are saying it will be
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013

BH2 gives 660k exp orbs, how isn't that real exp?

We also have easy Nix valleys, OHT grinding, 500k from base quests, 2m+ from AEUs...

Exp really slows down in the level 80s, as they still have the original quests where killing 60 mobs will give you a 12k exp quest reward. BHs and FCC are their best option.

I also think FCC (when done correctly) was a great teaching opportunity for barb pulling, squad zhenning, spark passing, and correct mob debuffing. I'd like people to learn that prior to level 100.

That being said, I had no problem doing FCC with a level 50/60 squad (barb and cleric needed 59 skills to be successful). Just took 2 hours. FCC needs a revamp to be slightly more difficult honestly. A level 85 squad should be blowing up the place. I think 75/80+ is a good starting place.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • ambasadorspock1
    ambasadorspock1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes its easy to hit 85 in 1 month without FC IF you have 12-18 hours a day to play not everyone has no life.
  • killjoy88
    killjoy88 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think that making frost an instance where you have to be 85+ to enter is a good thing. I have a few 100+ toons and I have many more I plan to lvl. That being said people that are made to play there toons until lvl 85 would help. I can't tell you how many times I have been stuck with a cleric that only squad heals when bb is needed. Or a bm that dragons way before people are done sparking or even barbs that don't know what turtle or flesh ream is. I know we have all been in instances where we are cursing some noob that can't play there toon. So I think that making them play there toon for a while before they have a chance to power lvl is a good idea.
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think it's funny..... I've been saying this needs to happen ever since the first introduction of hypers..... and NOW everyone catches on that it was a bad idea to let it get this far.... Fair to say I told you so?

Anyway, Level requirement to even ENTER the instance, and then to even use hypers period, another level requirement for different MULTIPLES of boost, such as:

level 10-40, capped at x2
    level 40-60, capped at x3
    level 60-70, capped at x4
    level 70-89, capped at x6
    level 89+ and required completion 89 cultivation for x12

That's just my theory. But yes, level cap all the way

Edit: got distracted and forgot to finish my post.
    People say that hypering up to high level isn't an issue, that skills and learning a class isn't hard. They're partially right. Learning a class isn't hard, but knowing the class, however, it's ins and outs, being able to time something perfectly with something else, THAT can only be obtained through the hard grind. No manner of money can buy intelligence and common sense.
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • CrossAsassin - Dreamweaver
    CrossAsassin - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    PW's **** up is having NW and FC

if you eliminate FC anyone wanted to get their G16 gear will have a very hard time as <100 is easily beaten in NW. I like the level restriction, removing it outright would just give whoever's on top atm a solid grip with everyone else trying to catch up.

Also < level 85, you DO NOT NEED TO FC
    pw has already made it easy as hell to to get to 70 in a couple days. there is NO excuse to need to fc starting at level 1 or level 30 or 50. At this point you are dinging constantly just through quests.
  • SacredRose - Momaganon
    SacredRose - Momaganon Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lvl restricted 80+ But then give the quest in fc later as well (its been given at 75 now i think, just move that up to 80 and all is good).

If u guys decide to keep it the way it is now, i'd like to see better rewards at 80/90+ quests. As for today i did a chain where i had to kill several mobs to get items. 1st were 50 items (took me about 100 kills to get that completed) then 60 items and after 70 items. It took forever.. And what exp did i get? 60k exp... Don't get me wrong, i love to grind and quest, i still would do that when hypers were working. But please give more rewards :))

Thanks ^.^
  • MrSkinner - Lost City
    MrSkinner - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I EARNED my lv I saw no frost till 85+ I do have a problem with those who sell frosts to make coin off cash shoppers who just buy there gear I lved the hard way got PKed doing culti's and now in NW I get one shot buy some Cash shopper or hacs since apparently the damage they do is beyond my damage log i can see it when a wizzy hits me for 14k 17k damage but when i get popped and one shot and NO damage log So YA LV Restrict frost to 85 bring back the lower lv questers so we have someone to pk b:laugh
  • reddragoness3
    reddragoness3 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    seems to me it not so much of a gltich more possible done on purpose due to so many ppl that complain on the forms about ppl power lvlin taking out hypers in frost could be a result of that or it might be a glitch but i still dubt that is a giltich but i do agree that there should be a lvl rec to use hypers in frost lvl 85+ i do agree with it would stop alot of low lvls from hypering in frost n power lvl this way low lvls can power lvl this way not every one gets punished for it not to mention it was the bigest money maker n now with not being able to hyper in frost take out the hole point of frost now its gonna make it about as usfull as nirvana.. it would solve alot of prob n it would also bring back ppls momeny makin cus like there are not a hole lot of ways to make money ont eh server w/o buyin gold like sure there is HH / NW/ herb farmin but they all take alot of time to do not so much NW but the other 2 take a long time to do n well HH with havein a crappy drop rate takes even longer to farm eery thing i think its kinda unfair to take away stuff that ppl use for makin money cus there are ppl that are not "CASHSHOPPERS" that can aford to buy gold. .b:victory so plz bring bk hypering in frost. .b:thanks
  • Zarriah - Raging Tide
    Zarriah - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I say a level restriction would be best. It would force lower leveled and new players to actually quest and do their BHs, learn instances (anyone ever had to lead a high level helping a low level BH squad through like BH51 cause they didn't know where to go?) and learn the class. Idc if they hypered while killing mobs even. Yes learning a class isn't that difficult but there's nothing I hate more than getting into a squad with a vital class (cleric or mystic, for example) that has no idea what they're doing, spams 1 or 2 skills or is severely undergeared. It affects the whole squad negatively. I say 75+ is a good time to start learning FC.
    "Look at the sky. It's not dark and black and without character... the black is, in fact, deep blue. And over there: lighter blue, and blowing through the blues and blackness the winds swirling through the air and then shining, burning, bursting through: the stars! And you see how they roar their light. Everywhere we look, the complex magic of nature blazes before our eyes."
  • Cantor - Raging Tide
    Cantor - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm doing this game slowly, with pause periods. My last pause was from June till February.

Have cleric 92, I did few FC, but leveled mostly on questing, and dailies, and a bit on grinding.
    I love FC and went there several times without HYP's, just for the fun of it.

Also have 8 more toons, all between 42 and 72. I level them through quests.
    As I said, I do it slowly.

I don't need FC to level, but don't mind if people level there. Had some hard times
    with too low drop rates, too low XP/SP rates, deliberately created time waste, and
    that doesn't mean that I want everyone else to "suffer" because I do.

It is enough to quest/grind until level 79 to learn your class and get most needed skills.
    If I don't learn by 80, then I'm too stupid and won't be able to learn even at 105.

Thanks to not going to FC, my Mystic was able to grind on level 60 mobs
    around Tusk town when was level 47. And to farm Element Essence there
    for that Apothecary quest in Swiftwind.
    And Cleric could solo Dark Dragon Templar when was level 88.

I think that hypering in FC should be allowed from level 80 and above.
    (Entering FC without HYP's should not be restricted, or should be restricted to 50+)

I also think that FC should drop mats again, just like in old days,
    but with some more acceptable drop rates.
  • DivineMight - Raging Tide
    DivineMight - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Voted for Level Restriction cos that seems logical.I think lvl75+ players should be able to enter FC.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    stfu0025 wrote: »
    omg reli :O (Davesama here, tho now playing on dw server) i bet u would just save that gear on bank :P
    Omg dave! We miss you you DW traitor b:kiss XD
    And you're right >.> If I had the option now I probably would make a set anyway XD
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ROFLMAOoooo!!!

JEEZzz!!! I go on a Hiatus for a few days and come back to read this {{b:embarrass}} this is actually funny....b:chuckle

Oh well, atleast 1 can still ride 1's own mounts through the Archosaur Gatewaysb:laugh

But seriously, this is too many prob's to be coincidental (b:sweat) theres got to be some very PO'd (PROGs) working within {PW's} mother company design team too do this much damage in such a short time...b:surrender
  • SpellDancer - Dreamweaver
    SpellDancer - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Honestly, and I know i will have a lot of raging people after this post, I think the FCC hyper cap should be at level 90, making people go to deltas or gammas, Phoenix Valley, Bounty Hunt, Zen grinding a lot more. Then they can learn a lot more about their toon they are so eager to get to level 100/101 and kit out with their end game gear. Or maybe, somehow allow hypers to be used on characters that have been on PWi for 4 months minimum, if that is even possible. Just an idea to throw out for debate.

But I'm glad the Warsong wepon molds will be fixed, can kit out my archer \o/

Much love from SpellDancer <3
  • SaphirHealer - Archosaur
    SaphirHealer - Archosaur Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok so, people should stop complaining. When I leveled my first chara I did questing till I could do bh, Then quests+bh, then at 60-80 you have PQ which gives a crapton of exp(im not talking about zhen, im talking about actually doing the PQ quest) Level restriction should be 75 or 80 for fc...because its not hard to get to 80...people are just lazy and would much rather buy fc exp rooms then actually LEARN their class...

Stop being lazy and learn to enjoy all aspects of the game...When I was new, there was no such things as zhen or buying fc, just pure old fashioned hard work...
  • edendawn
    edendawn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My main is a level 96 veno and she has never used FC to level. I agree that it should be limited, people use FC to get up to 100 quickly then leave the game because they are bored, and when you get one of them on a dungeon run most of them don't know how to handle their toon.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Most Definately No. When it comes to disabling Hypers within Frost (The damage was already done long ago, doing that now would only scr*w over those who are now trying to play catch up with those who ruined the game by becoming Hypering Fail Babies, so don't punish others now, for what {PWE} allowed for the longest time while it was profitable for them aswell ~ while they ignored the rest of us who constantly complained about it in the past and were ignored for our troubles) b:surrender

But a BIG H*LLZzz YES! When restricting it too only levels officially needing it or those higher lv's who are willing to help others run it, who're really in need of it... b:thanks
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Or just reduce the exp drastically from 70-101. Let's say 8x less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deidad - Raging Tide
    Deidad - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    LV restricted -75lvl- b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.