Whats the purpose of Panda Form?

Options
Kwandelan - Heavens Tear
Kwandelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
It has absolutely nothing different than the old tiger form. No new skills/ No different boost to the alternate panda form compared to tiger form.
Only difference regarding the Panda Form is that it gives a "new look" to barbs and different animation to the existing true form skills.

If PWI has to make Panda Form just for looks and make players spend 6 million for it, they could just give it as an option for:
Either
1)barbs playing a Panda frm the start
OR
2)for females playing a barb.

Who the hell wants a crappy looking panda wth embroidery on its body that does absolutely nothing for the class? Why is there even a 6 million fee to learn it and to top it, also a whole questline you can get only at lvl 100+? Just for a funny-looking form?
Post edited by Kwandelan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think there's more to it than that. I don't know for sure but, there might be more content regarding the new forms that hasn't been implemented yet, like more skills to go along with the new forms.

But again, I don't know that for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The point is to wait for new skills to come out for such forms.

They haven't been implemented yet, and I assume this small content update was just a teaser for barbs and venos to enjoy for now.

The whole list/content update stuff can be found here.
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    we get a nice crit resist in the new form its going to help alot i think
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool
  • Kwandelan - Heavens Tear
    Kwandelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    The point is to wait for new skills to come out for such forms.

They haven't been implemented yet, and I assume this small content update was just a teaser for barbs and venos to enjoy for now.

The whole list/content update stuff can be found here.

That link doesnt give any info about barbs except for the new panda form and just 1 extra skill of which the OP is not sure about (and which hasnt come here anyway).
    Also if they gave only the "form" for now without adding any new combat skills, why does the form share same bonuses with the already existing one? Also why no update/patch notes giving a detailed info about the changes by Admins/CM?
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    Oups_Dead - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    panda form =20 chi every 2 secs gd enough ;)
  • The_Stoner - Raging Tide
    The_Stoner - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    new barb form looks like a fat *** tranny its ugly as hell just my opinion but something to think about b:cute
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    As Skai said, the point of this is giving the barbs some kind of a teaser for future skills, like we can see here.
    Feast of the Demons [again not a demon skill, just barb form skill]
    Consume 1 Spark.
    Accuracy increases by 300%, Defense Level by 40 for 60 seconds.
    Can not be removed.
    Requires Panda form to use.
    Cooldown is not shared.

knowing this we can expect venos and maybe even other classes getting new contents/skills in future updates ( i can't wait for this new barb skill, 40 def lvl? yummy!)
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    So the only thing we can do is wait! You guys got something, but what about the other 8 classes? Think of it that way. It's more of a teaser imo than anything else.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    So the only thing we can do is wait! You guys got something, but what about the other 8 classes? Think of it that way. It's more of a teaser imo than anything else.

Given Barbs are practically useless in PvE compared to the other classes, and without insane gear are mostly buff alts in TW/NW - [BLEEP] the other classes. I want my barb's class improved, without giving any "oops" benefits to Sage preferably too.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • The_Stoner - Raging Tide
    The_Stoner - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

that mean yall gana give sins some actual damage skills cuz most of moria skills massive waste of time/money/spirit to get just fyi but like the whole teaser part of it b:victory
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Whats good about this form its a birth of a new form and who knows maybe more will arrive,this is a break through for the barbs and perhaps each new form will give a new kind of ability to stats or whatever..this is good..so stop crying plz stop.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Orouhimie - Heavens Tear
    Orouhimie - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    the demon panda form is kinda crappy however the sage panda form lets you do 100% damage while in sage panda form so...
  • Chefstabs - Heavens Tear
    Chefstabs - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I second that full damage in tiger for sage +1 and more chib:pleased
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Given Barbs are practically useless in PvE compared to the other classes, and without insane gear are mostly buff alts in TW/NW - [BLEEP] the other classes. I want my barb's class improved, without giving any "oops" benefits to Sage preferably too.

My wiz has +12 G16 weapon, +10 gears including puzzle neck and warsong belt. It still very much benefits from Barb's buff, Frighten, Devour, etc. My wiz, mystic, and cleric can tank BH SoT, but only with barb buff or HP pills from DQ points. My barb out dd's my bm at persistent aoe and my wiz with comparable weapon at 1-1. - I'm happy with my barb and love the new form.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Flarephoenix - Dreamweaver
    Flarephoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

I agree with barbs needing improvement especially as a lot of players seem to consider the class "useless" beyond buffs in a lot of squads and situations, it had led to enough players quitting the class.

The allowance of full damage in true form though was most likely intended to give sage more bite, which is clearly needed now PW has moved towards PvP forms of farming. I've seen so many posts here on the forum putting the sage cultivation down, drawing attention to the lack of damage and drawing contrast with all the benefits demon have.

In contrast sage has what? Higher base p.def in trueform and higher HP, a slightly lower chi cost on flesh ream and a 25% chance to gain chi from devour rather than spend. When the question is asked "Which cultivation should my barb take?" there are more than enough players saying demon and pointing out skills or abilities for why they should choose that cultivation while few can do the same for sage and often merely put their preference down to play-style, in my opinion that alone suggests that there is little balance between sage and demon for barbarians.

Even if demon barb players don't want to admit it that was a much needed update for sage as the cultivation was lacking in attack power that demon barbs up until now had no trouble pointing out, and to be fair demon still has numerous bonuses from lvl11 skills that increase crit-rate, make critical chance 100% for 5 seconds and better control skill bonuses which still gives demon a decisive edge in additional damage and PvP strengths, sage just caught up a little with a small damage boost is all.
    Whats good about this form its a birth of a new form and who knows maybe more will arrive,this is a break through for the barbs and perhaps each new form will give a new kind of ability to stats or whatever..this is good..so stop crying plz stop.

Players have been asking since day one for actual "true" forms for barbarians and venomancers, this update has shown that PW are capable of creating alternate forms from the tiger and fox we're all familiar with ingame. I have hope that this could lead to the other forms being created in the future.
  • Griev - Dreamweaver
    Griev - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Who the hell wants a crappy looking panda wth embroidery on its body that does absolutely nothing for the class? Why is there even a 6 million fee to learn it and to top it, also a whole questline you can get only at lvl 100+? Just for a funny-looking form?

Hmm, considering most players here spend way much coins on Fashion that also does absolutly nothing for the class, i find that 6mil isn't that much for a, imo, COOL looking new Form b:pleased

Also, you get a new quest to do b:victory
  • Wendigo - Momaganon
    Wendigo - Momaganon Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    npced both demon skill

totaly **** and useless for demon barbs, only waste 6 mill coin.
    this 5% crit avoid chance is nonsense... +5% magic attack more usefull for demon barbs or maybe +5% flyspeed is almost better then this effect
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hmm, considering most players here spend way much coins on Fashion that also does absolutly nothing for the class, i find that 6mil isn't that much for a, imo, COOL looking new Form b:pleased

Also, you get a new quest to do b:victory
    This.

Honestly, my first thought when I saw it was "wow, some dev's girlfriend must've nagged and nagged them to put in pandas." :P But even that wouldn't mean the new forms are bad. You're basically spending 6mil on True Form fashion, here. I'll bet most of you have spent at least 6mil on fashion over your time playing the game.

My only beef with the panda form is how its attack animations really don't have much to do with the attacks they correspond to. Devour, Roar, Invoke, and Sunder in particular really don't give me the visual impression that tiger form does.

That, and I hope that they balance the demon version. When I first saw sage's buff I thought "oh, so the improved forms basically merge sage and demon true form, then the panda form builds on them... that makes sense." So I figured Sage adds weapon damage and Demon adds HP. I take it Demon improved form doesn't get the 40% HP? Because if not, it should. o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I like it the new look makes things fun. Keeps the game interesting for me.

But please, no female panda form barbs. Saggy panda ****?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Demon linghuan Fox for venos looks a pretty solid skill. We may start seeing more venos going after the flag on NW pretty soon. this skill + R9 weapon with Holy is gonna be amazingly OP.

So all what u have to do is wait. There may be some amazing panda skills in the near future too.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I found the new forms to be a nice addition and they also come with news quests. I really did enjoy doing the Venomancer one, it was really fun to me.

The new forms are also optional, really. Nobody says that you have to pay for them if you don't want to or don't like the looks of them.

Additionally, if you guys remember, Elysium Village was released in PWI as a minor content update which later lead to the major Descent expansion which was linked to Morai's storyline. My guess is that the new forms were just a teaser, as Skai wrote, for the upcoming expansion that's being prepared.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Let me see the QQing barbs in a few weeks when they get 40 def lvls for one minute and a buttload of accuracy with a skill in panda form .-. ... damn bunch of babies!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wendigo - Momaganon
    Wendigo - Momaganon Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    noone sage barb qqing...
    demons do, coz they got nothing... spend 6mill for ***** is not a gift
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    noone sage barb qqing...

Hmm, you do have a point in that, yes. It kinda sucks that what made demon barbs unique is now gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I dislike the eyebrows on the character model they look fake and to big
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Just because they gave sage better skills, doesn't mean that they won't add to demon in the future. People are jumping to conclusions on this sage/demon ****. This is what they want people to do. this makes them money when people switch from demon to sage. All these people are going to spend money switching to sage, then when they add new skills, people will be saying "sht what did i do? I should have stayed demon". I'm demon and got every skill book they have for the demon barb. There is no way i'm going to switch over. I'll be waiting for when they add new skills, which i'm sure they will be in the future. All those that are switching over 1 day after the update, not knowing what the future bring, will probably regret it and switch again.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • elvenmage13
    elvenmage13 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    In my opinion if they were goin make panda form they shoulda left tiger form alone and gave panda form the new ability. I think its kinda stupid that now both forms have same ability. I would have still preferred my no reduced dmg reduction.
  • Levantica - Raging Tide
    Levantica - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    noone sage barb qqing...

Sorry but barbs are meant to be sage. Barbs are tankers not sins. I think a real pro barb is sage ( no offense) but maybe you demon barbs will get more attack skills because this is what demon means : atk not def.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sorry but barbs are meant to be sage. Barbs are tankers not sins. I think a real pro barb is sage ( no offense) but maybe you demon barbs will get more attack skills because this is what demon means : atk not def.

Please Levantica, for the love of pete, stay out of the Barb forums with this ignorant garbage.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Levantica - Raging Tide
    Levantica - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Please Levantica, for the love of pete, stay out of the Barb forums with this ignorant garbage.

LOL. I have a barb dont worry. I say "no offense" but you cant complain about defense if you choose a demon barb
This discussion has been closed.