Disable hypers in frost, yes, no or LV restricted?

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    We already know you're a special snowflake so whatevs.

Anyway, no. It's unfair to new players and to people who want to level an alt for whatever reason. idc about people sucking at their chars because they've never really used it. That's their problem, not mine.

I'm lost. I can understand the reasoning to this comment (being that you probably have friends/a good guild to play with) but for the majority, playing a MMO means that you are more than likely going to play with other people in order to get things done. If they don't know how to play the game, and lets say that in a MMO 60% of the people don't know how to play the game, that is a lot of players that you will form a squad with that don't know what the heck they are doing.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    IF I were a new player, I wouldn't want to use FC because I wouldn't know what FC is/was to begin with. The people with alts have always been the majority of hyper nubs anyway, since they think they know how to play other people's classes without actually ever having played it. New players by and large couldn't afford FC. This forces people back into the world map and makes them earn all of their characters. And will make the game more attractive to new players since they will actually run into people. Actually running into people is what made the game fun before FC, not that actual grinding. Solo grinding 100 mobs for .4exp was never fun, it's just something you did when you couldn't oracle/zhen because you wanted the exp all for yourself since you were in a hurry or needed the coin from the drops.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    please, instead of caring about such FCs.... give us something funny creative new funny and did i say funny? to exp from 101 to 105 in a damn legitly short period of time... even cs items if necessary but i am really tired\bored of being forced to spam the same instance multiple times to be able to get the top level in like months\years...
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd have to vote lvl restricted. If hypers are taken out of FC it needs to be returned to a gear instance then so people can farm it like HH.
    THIS.

That was actually my first thought when I learned about the change. I thought, "Well damn, frost kinda has no use now doesn't it? They should bring the gears back."

Completely unrelated: WTB Shining Snow Helm on HT <_>
    level range restricted. Nothing wrong with lvl 70-80s in FC. Actually, thats where most of the fun is ! Thats where the challenge is and thats where you really learn to play your character well. Just make sure that if 70-80s are gonna be in the instance, no higher levels can be in there before them, besides them or after them. Make people choose level range upon entering.
    I will support this, although I will also say that pre-85 squads are absolute hell most of the time. Even on a populated server like HT there's not much of a market for it (80-90 usually gives better results in WC), so you're pretty much forced to get randoms... then you end up with a mystic who's never solo-healed before and a BM who's never tanked before and a couple of sins who are hell bent on depleting their HP at all costs and everyone whines about glitching the second boss and you can't kill the bishop boss half the time because you don't have enough DD and half the squad doesn't know to attack the bishop adds and...... *eye twitches madly*

...sorry, bad memories. Bad, bad memories. ._.

In the end I still agree with you, here. All I'm saying is that this is a pretty idealistic viewpoint, and most of these runs tend to play less like "thrilling challenge" and more like "tedious wipefest." :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • XeroFlareXL - Harshlands
    XeroFlareXL - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yes kill teh hypers in FC coz all these nabs power lvl and dont know **** about teh class the yare lvlin ,then talk **** when the yare high lvl ,make them learn the way all us older players learned quests teh old fashion way ro if you keep fc hypered you might as well eliminate all quests coz FC babies dont do quests and whine when they cant FC to 100 from lvl 2x , all they are is a bunch of whiny babies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No.....
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear
    Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    level restricted 85+

I'm tired of FC babies

It doesnt take long to level to 85 without the damn last room/heads

last room? you are aware of the 3 bosses after BR? and whats with the cussing? thought that wasnt allowed
    Physically Disabled Gamer ~ I play with nerve damage and loss of motor skills in my whole body which makes it a bit harder to play the game. Yet I have fun and love to make friends.

P.S. If a video game makes you rage it might be time to uninstall it. ~ IJS. b:bye
  • _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary
    _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Instead of killing hypers they could just make it so that you have to be a certain level to enter the instance. It's pointless and annoying that they have done this, and now hypers will lower and you'll just **** up the in-game money flowing around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R8 101 Barb - Deleted by PWI. Customer care = 10/10!
  • Levantica - Raging Tide
    Levantica - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    IF I were a new player, I wouldn't want to use FC because I wouldn't know what FC is/was to begin with. The people with alts have always been the majority of hyper nubs anyway, since they think they know how to play other people's classes without actually ever having played it. New players by and large couldn't afford FC. This forces people back into the world map and makes them earn all of their characters. And will make the game more attractive to new players since they will actually run into people. Actually running into people is what made the game fun before FC, not that actual grinding. Solo grinding 100 mobs for .4exp was never fun, it's just something you did when you couldn't oracle/zhen because you wanted the exp all for yourself since you were in a hurry or needed the coin from the drops.

well said b:victory
  • Riverwalker - Sanctuary
    Riverwalker - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Restrict the level to be the level needed to open fcc as squad leader. This will stop the abuse of this instance. YES I said ABUSE, because it was never intended to be used as an option to level chars from 1 to 50 in a few days to begin with!
    Don't tell me get a life! Honey, I'm a gamer, I've got lots of them! b:victory
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    people want a new way to get good xp from 101-105? XD should make a pvp instance where everyone you kill gives tons of xp/sp

of course there would have to be lvl brackets for like every 10 lvls and the xp/sp given would be based on your lvl and the lvlof the person/people you kill XD

sounds fun and help people learn how to use the class they chose >:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hogspliter
    hogspliter Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey i know why not get rid of hypers like you did the suppy stash and the price of dq drops this will make it so much fun for us lowbiesb:angryb:angry
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    last room? you are aware of the 3 bosses after BR? and whats with the cussing? thought that wasnt allowed

I am fully aware about the rooms leading to Holeen. For most FC is the last room with the mobs/heads that they enter, hence the usage of the term last room.

As for the use of the word "damn" there is a person with the word "damn" under their avatar.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • valerianlegend
    valerianlegend Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Since the Earthguard update, all worldchat has been filled with people daily selling FC BMH (FC boss mobs heads) where high level people make thier coins by clearing FC, and selling the instance to people of various levels. This in my opinioin has singlehandedly killed any reason to quest, and thus killed pwi game content.

I was very excited to learn that people woudl now actually have to gain class knowledge and experience in order to get XP, instead of allowing select classes to sell an instance ( technically exploiting a game mechanic) for profits off of lower level characters.

I support the level restriction over and above the current no-hyper zone. I feel hypers shoudl be able to be used by charcters who are capable of actually running the instance.

I woudl like to see PWI encourage squad realted activities and give players a reason to be a part of squads, learn how each class can contribute while working together as a team, and eliminate the individual power level by purchasing it routine.
  • RangedRelikz - Harshlands
    RangedRelikz - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i say restrict the lvl u can even enter the instance. somewhat like you did for AEU wher you have to pick a quest to even get in. there's so many people in this game, that dont know what their doing. its very easy to tell those people apart from others. I think overall, the lvl requirement to enter the instance in general would be the way to go. Illusion stone did that for a few years until people realized they can just fly there. if people wanna be lazy, thats their issue.

I dont want hypers completely unavailable for FC, simply because from 80+ FC is the fastest way to lvl. questing/hyperings mobs will take months if not a year.
  • WizAly - Lothranis
    WizAly - Lothranis Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lvl restricted 85+
  • hogspliter
    edited March 2013
    Since the Earthguard update, all worldchat has been filled with people daily selling FC BMH (FC boss mobs heads) where high level people make thier coins by clearing FC, and selling the instance to people of various levels. This in my opinioin has singlehandedly killed any reason to quest, and thus killed pwi game content.

I was very excited to learn that people woudl now actually have to gain class knowledge and experience in order to get XP, instead of allowing select classes to sell an instance ( technically exploiting a game mechanic) for profits off of lower level characters.

I support the level restriction over and above the current no-hyper zone. I feel hypers shoudl be able to be used by charcters who are capable of actually running the instance.

I woudl like to see PWI encourage squad realted activities and give players a reason to be a part of squads, learn how each class can contribute while working together as a team, and eliminate the individual power level by purchasing it routine.

and what lvl are you again
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Level restricted 85+!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kisairc17
    kisairc17 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think it should be level restricted. otherwise later in the game we won't get lvl 100 chars that don't even know how to play their character
  • Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear
    Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am fully aware about the rooms leading to Holeen. For most FC is the last room with the mobs/heads that they enter, hence the usage of the term last room.

As for the use of the word "damn" there is a person with the word "damn" under their avatar.

Well here in HT we call it FF and BR... though i know what FC stands for. never have i heard it called last room in my 4 years of playing. But thats just semantics.

And as for the word im just surprised its allowed now as i have seen it deleted at other times.
    Physically Disabled Gamer ~ I play with nerve damage and loss of motor skills in my whole body which makes it a bit harder to play the game. Yet I have fun and love to make friends.

P.S. If a video game makes you rage it might be time to uninstall it. ~ IJS. b:bye
  • hogspliter
    edited March 2013
    i just laughing that all the lvl 100+ want to restrict fc and keep the lowbies face still in the dirt
    and as for squad work why not do fbs and bhs to learn how to work together and why not bann zhenning in the pit as well
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think most of these votes really need to take a good look at the way the game already is. PWI as far as I am concerned is already to far gone to really matter, level restricting FF does not even fix much of anything in this game, why not we actually deal with other real issues this game has. And yes as I said even in the past, it's amusing how it's really only the higher level player base at 100 or close to it that want this nerf.

I don't blame any player for wanting to use Pleveling/Normal FC as a leveling method, questing in this game is already tedious and yields little results per quest. If PWI actually majorly increased the exp gain from quest I would gladly do them again to level as I am sure most would too.

If I had to ask a question, someone please tell me how capping FC at 85 or removing hypering will do something positive for the game that is somehow causing game breaking results currently.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hogspliter wrote: »
    i just laughing that all the lvl 100+ want to restrict fc and keep the lowbies face still in the dirt
    Not the smart 100+. The smart 100+ never abused frost to begin with, and we don't have a lot of pity for people who whine about not being allowed to take the easy road anymore. Don't act like you're being disenfranchised just because others are 100+ and you aren't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I vote for restricting to 85+, even though you get the quests inside frost at 75, you have to be 85+ to open it. Also, maybe people would start doing PQ again. I liked doing PQ on my toons when I level them but people stopped going there anymore so it kinda died out, maybe now I can break out my toons around the level for PQ again :D
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Level restricted sounds fair.

I sympathize more with people who don't have a lot of time to waste grinding than those that judge and say "how DARE you be level 100 and not know the ins and outs of your class!!"

Long ago I quit PWI because I DIDN'T have time to waste grinding beyond 60. I ONLY came back cause of BHs.

Having said that, you do BH 59 until....70? 80? I think locking frost until BH 59 is done with is fair, cause that's a point where BH gives you like 10-20% (plenty) and afterwards, BH 69 and 79 are pretty dead, so people need an alternative to level reasonably without no-lifing the game.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If doing level restriction is too hard for the dev, how about makes it like heaven/hell dungeon?
    Makes it so only those that has completed the Culti 79 can enter.

(I know heaven/hell requires Culti 89)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • hogspliter
    edited March 2013
    Not the smart 100+. The smart 100+ never abused frost to begin with, and we don't have a lot of pity for people who whine about not being allowed to take the easy road anymore. Don't act like you're being disenfranchised just because others are 100+ and you aren't.

let me ask you this how much of grinding and questing did you do to get to your lvl? I bet you have hypered FC plenty of times
  • Kerius - Dreamweaver
    Kerius - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    people want a new way to get good xp from 101-105? XD should make a pvp instance where everyone you kill gives tons of xp/sp
    Perhaps it being a free-for-all instance with several random spawn points would prevent people from farming each other for exp.

Sounds great for the PvP-lovers out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Serilena - Dreamweaver
    Serilena - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i would like hypers to be back in fc but i do agree to a level restriction. 85+ sounds about fair
  • hogspliter
    edited March 2013
    also how my ppl went on diff accounts to vote lol
This discussion has been closed.