WHat to choose

Options
mystablista
mystablista Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi guys, I know you may get this alot, but I looking for the ideal char for solo. I dont know very many ppl on here and have cleric, blademaster and venomancer! but i just asking ppls opinions on a good char and build for solo quests etc?
Post edited by mystablista on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Any class can solo quest. You'll have to tell us how you like to play before we can tell you what class might be a good fit for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • mystablista
    edited March 2013
    Options
    hi, thnx for reply, i like the blade master how he gets in and does the job, but gettin sick of chasing archers etc, and i like the cleric but i feel he too weak! i got an mag based cleric but he still weak!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You might like the seeker then. Seekers can get right up and melee, and also have ranged skills so they don't have to chase archers.

By the way, on the cleric... try healing yourself during battles, or casting Ironheart Blessing on yourself before... helps a ton.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystablista
    edited March 2013
    Options
    kk, thnx for help, and i do heal myself, its just his hits are weak
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    What is your build? Clerics hit pretty hard.

Another good class for soloing is Mystic.
  • mystablista
    edited March 2013
    Options
    he is mostly mag based with 7% cryt but only got 2.2k natural hp at lvl 60
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    Murcas - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    he is mostly mag based with 7% cryt but only got 2.2k natural hp at lvl 60

Are you a Arcane Armor Cleric or a Light Armor cleric? Also, are you pure magic build or hybrid build? Both are good, but they do have consequences. Hybrid build you hit and heal for less, but you're more likely to survive; if you are pure magic build, you hit hard and your heals are more efficient. There is nothing wrong with any of these builds as they suit the player not the masses, but the 7% sounds like you may have added some Dex to your cleric or you have ornaments. I don't know the story so I couldn't say. Also, use Plume Shell to help you survive, yeah it sucks MP, but it's much better than dying. I hope this helps.
  • mystablista
    edited March 2013
    Options
    yes thnx, i have put a bit on dex to help his hits cuz he realy weak, but most points on magic,
    and very little on vit, but i get smashed one or two hits by bosses. and yes i use plume shell alot and i still seem to get smashed in one or two hits, i think 2k hp doesnt help at all
    thnx for your help everyone
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    if your looking to try and solo a lot of stuff then I'd suggest Mystic, But if your into the bm sorta thing then maybe a seeker is for you, just if you're trying to solo something PvE wise make sure you grab BP (blood paint, sin buff) before you go running off and bashing things with your sword :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • mystablista
    edited March 2013
    Options
    kewl thnx but5 what is and where i get blood paint and sin buff? is it a atk? sry i still a huge noob!
  • DarkPlaces - Harshlands
    DarkPlaces - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Bloodpaint is a skill for the Assassin class (sin = Assassin). Ecatomb bloodpaint description: "Grants a shield to all friendly targets within 10 meters that will absorb 2% of all physical melee damage." The duration ranges from 990 seconds on level 1 to 1800 seconds on Level 10, 60 minutes for sage/demon.

You will need to find an Assassin to give you the buff. Or you create an Assassin on a second account, level it up to 34 at least and use it to give your main character the blood paint buff, so you don't depend on other players (you need to login with 2 clients, it's called multiclienting).
  • mystablista
    edited March 2013
    Options
    but i thought that was not allowed on pwi? thats y they made it so hard to do? 'Multi log'
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    dual-clienting is specifically allowed by PWI and is very easy. You just run the element client exe - search the forum for details.

2.2k hp at lvl60 isn't low. My lvl86 mystic has only 2.6k (but is pure Arcane build, nothing in Vit at all).

Bosses are hard for arcane classes (unless they only use magic attacks). You need to stack IH on yourself before attacking.
  • mystablista
    edited March 2013
    Options
    SO is there anything you can use instead of T6 charms after lvl 60? or just hp food?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    There's the Tidal Protection charm you get for completing the Tideborn quest string at 60+, which is equivalent to a Platinum Guardian Charm. Other than that, not much (occasional small charms from Lucid.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]