Purify on R3 weapons is making 1 class Godlike - Nobody tought of that or what?

18910111214»

Comments

• klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Everything that needed to be said was said on the first page.

IDK why the thread hasn't been moved to the proper sub-forum or locked.

Let the flaming continue.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, though R8 back then... hoo boy. the 5k rep chest is much easier to get, though it only allows for four APS. Could you imagine 200k rep back then? Holy balls

Everyone was farming the heck out of FB59 for the badges back then. When you're high level, they were pretty easy to gather a bunch to AoE for large drop amounts. Add in the length of the instance, and it was the best over-all for speed of getting the necessary rep.

Which is why they nerfed it so badges no longer dropped in there.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Everyone was farming the heck out of FB59 for the badges back then. When you're high level, they were pretty easy to gather a bunch to AoE for large drop amounts. Add in the length of the instance, and it was the best over-all for speed of getting the necessary rep.

Which is why they nerfed it so badges no longer dropped in there.

They got removed from 69 and up... and at the time we really weren't able to do that sort of thing with ease. Which left us farming 59s while being unable to even consider 69+ once gear (and levels, for that matter) got to the point where doing that could have become a regular thing.

Though plenty did do what you described in 59 as a result along with farming as many FBs as possible for the rep from tabbed runs.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    They got removed from 69 and up... and at the time we really weren't able to do that sort of thing with ease. Which left us farming 59s while being unable to even consider 69+ once gear (and levels, for that matter) got to the point where doing that could have become a regular thing.

Though plenty did do what you described in 59 as a result along with farming as many FBs as possible for the rep from tabbed runs.

Just reminded me of what it was like back in the day, haha good times. I do remember farming FB59s all day, setting up a private chat room for people to join, and getting exp/rep.

To this day, there isn't a way to get r8/r9 farmable, really. You can farm the coin, but the rep and mogs aren't farmable in-game. The rep is farmable if you plan to spend a few years.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Damonischer - Lost City
    Damonischer - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1 class? all r3 mage weps get it for r9, if the char has good armor to they make it almost impossible to kill its to overpowered for nation wars... they pick flag, let ppl hit them and boost them into the capture zone ive seen lots of the r9 3rd cast set mages with +12 and josd solo nw wars because if u cant get them killed in 1-5 shots they just get to run away which when they have all the def lvls and hp coming from r9 thats hard to do im not saying get rid of it all together but if they can just nerf it in NW cause its way to overpowered in there
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Soloing a NW against many opponents is not really possible on any class because there is no way you can be at all 3 flag pits at once when the flags spawn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Soloing a NW against many opponents is not really possible on any class because there is no way you can be at all 3 flag pits at once when the flags spawn.

Watch an Adroit video.
    You just wait at one spawn point, if it doesn't spawn there you kill the person that gets it and try again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ogunernile
    ogunernile Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Maybe a bit racist, but you are playing a chinese game---don't expect them to take the luck an gambling part out

There really won't ever be a true balance- there is always a best class(es) Every so often maybe it'll shift one way, but it is sure to eventually shift another after everyone spends thier money.
    this man has taken psychology +1
  • Arwia - Momaganon
    Arwia - Momaganon Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want GoF on G16 weapons, to level the field with R9 people. I understand R9 is supposed to be the best gear available, but when you compare G16 with R9.3.... it's like comparing a firecracker with a nuke warhead. Too OP.
  • XeroFlareXL - Harshlands
    XeroFlareXL - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i got a question why is it that r9 3rd cast gets effects on weps btu nirvana 3rd cast dont anymore ,its kind of **** if ya ask me ,they should give all 3rd cast weps effects nirvana and r9 coz whats teh point of even nirvana if the ytake the effects away like gof sacstrike ,even r8 recast looks better with effects . gms ***** up again IMO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i got a question why is it that r9 3rd cast gets effects on weps btu nirvana 3rd cast dont anymore ,its kind of **** if ya ask me ,they should give all 3rd cast weps effects nirvana and r9 coz whats teh point of even nirvana if the ytake the effects away like gof sacstrike ,even r8 recast looks better with effects . gms ***** up again IMO

Yeah, I don't really like how they replaced it with 40 attack levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    its all about the $... cool effects at the highest levels.. have to pay to get if you want it now (otherwise keep farming).. they made S3 easy to quiet all the people complaining about not being able to get R9...
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, I don't really like how they replaced it with 40 attack levels.

Those 40 attack levels are the only thing letting you so much as touch an R9/T3+. GoF on G15 daggers will still only allow you to hit for absolute trash. I'd rather give up the ability to zerk to be able to actually cause significant damage to my target instead of having zerk but letting them be able to straight up tank me, which gives total freedom to do whatever they want without fear of death.
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    Those 40 attack levels are the only thing letting you so much as touch an R9/T3+. GoF on G15 daggers will still only allow you to hit for absolute trash. I'd rather give up the ability to zerk to be able to actually cause significant damage to my target instead of having zerk but letting them be able to straight up tank me, which gives total freedom to do whatever they want without fear of death.

Forgot to add the [/sarcasm] code to my post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited March 2013

First, no one is forcing you to get g16 instead of g15, and you're welcome to reroll to your hearts content to get GoF on g15 or purify on an r8r weapon.

Of course the r9r3 weapon is going to be better by a significant margin, it's a magnitude more expensive than the g16 vana. Whoever will inevitably return to the old P2W argument against that, you CAN make that in game, with actually putting very little effort in by merching if you're savvy about it.

Yes the purify spell proc is OP, but so are purge bows and GoF. Ours just happens to be OP in terms of making us a hell of a lot more survivable, while purge bows and GoF make killing a lot easier. While purify spell will almost invariably go off if you have 12 people hitting for 100 at a time and some noob aps monkeys in there (not to mention procing a wizard's arcane defense, duh) hfing and unloading a few strong attacks from equally geared people will have a pretty decent chance of killing them.

Know what the r9r3 weapons look like. If you see someone with that gear, and you're sitting there with your tt99 green weapon that's +3, don't hit them, you do more harm than good. Sure, purge/amp/seal/hf/etc away but don't start trying to dd on them, you're more likely to make them just speed off into the sunset with a free holy path/antistun.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Forgot to add the [/sarcasm] code to my post.

Bit difficult to determine the tone of something read online when given little context. Apologies. Can we go get some chocolate chip cookies?
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    Bit difficult to determine the tone of something read online when given little context. Apologies. Can we go get some chocolate chip cookies?

The blame is on my end.
    Also I'd prefer oatmeal raisin, but a change is good!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The blame is on my end.
    Also I'd prefer oatmeal raisin, but a change is good!

Oatmeal is clearly the best cookie type.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray