Assassin's, leveling do's and don'ts

sloanblackhart
sloanblackhart Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Assassin
im opening this thread so people who never played as an assassin in this game will give good tips on what to do, and what NOT to do. Please post anything you find useful onto this thread so newbies can use this as a reference when building their character.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Id call it bit outdated and while its worthwhile read to new players, some parts of it are just god horrible advice.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Aside from various builds on stat points, general game play is pretty much similar to other melee classes. The skill learning curve is pretty balanced throughout the leveling of you char. Sins are skill based light armor wearing death dealers. Until end game they are very squishy and you will need to learn to adapt to that. Physical def is a bit lower than Heavy Armor chars but do have a little more magic def.

If you choose to become APS (auto attacks per second) you will have a mixture of gear that will give you pretty brutal damage in PVE and one on one PVP once your gear is complete and refined.

The main draw back to sins, is they are not good in PVP other than one on one. Mainly because their skills are based on one on one and only melee range. They only have 2 aoe's (3 counting the frontal aoe morai skill).

Could go on, but check out the other guides post up top and linked above. Plenty of info to read up on.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Salari has covered most of the important stuff, so I won't add much.
    I'd just like to say that a sin has more than aps in PvE. In BHs ans TTs, a sin only using aps is too far a common sight. We have the most control skills in the game - use them, to make your party's job a little easier. 2 seconds to CC a mob isn't much, and it'll save time if it prevents someone (demsquishhealers) from dying.
    I may decide to write up a PvE guide, lol.
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll add more after I sleep. Trying to get to bed currently but...

100mp/100hp apoths are awesome below level 60.

If you want cleric heals, aggro. If you don't aggro, don't complain. If you don't aggro and then yell at the cleric "Why didn't you heal" then the Brotherhood of Senior Sins will show up at your house and aggro you with Rib Strikes until you learn.

Don't have enough hp to tank? Don't get aggro. Support the tank instead by ribstriking, Subseaing his sparks, and interupting boss special attacks using Knife Throw.

When you run up to a boss attack it at least once. Invariably what happens is the cleric sees you standing in front of the boss and heals while you are triple sparking, gets aggro, and dies. Kind of both your faults there, but easily preventable.

Give tanks an opportunity to pull, otherwise your squad will get frustrated with the stoopid sin who aggros 1 or 2 mobs at a time instead of letting the tank group 30 mobs at once and aoe.

Have a couple high aps DD's in squad? Learn to time your sparks together. Amps/debuffs are much more effective if everyone gets to use them.

Read up on aps. Understanding how attack speed works will improve your gameplay.

Defense is better than hp. Lose less hp and you'll replace it back with paint easier.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    im opening this thread so people who never played as an assassin in this game will give good tips on what to do, and what NOT to do. Please post anything you find useful onto this thread so newbies can use this as a reference when building their character.
    How the heck is one who has never played as a sin supposed to give advice on how to build one? I'd rather take driving advice from a 3-year-old.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Do: go pure DEX and do all your quests.

Don't: add VIT and powerlvl.
  • sloanblackhart
    edited March 2013
    How the heck is one who has never played as a sin supposed to give advice on how to build one? I'd rather take driving advice from a 3-year-old.
    As in those who have played as an assassin can give useful tips to newbies who are considering to play as an assassin, plus 3-year-olds usually rant about things and easily get off topic.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As in those who have played as an assassin can give useful tips to newbies who are considering to play as an assassin, plus 3-year-olds usually rant about things and easily get off topic.

He pointed out that in your original post you are asking the people who 'haven't played' an assassin to be the ones giving the advice. Not the people that have played them.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • sloanblackhart
    edited March 2013
    He pointed out that in your original post you are asking the people who 'haven't played' an assassin to be the ones giving the advice. Not the people that have played them.
    ...huh, I though I had that fixed, ill fix that right after I finish this post to you
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    when leveling my sin, I pretty much stuck to tele-tackling slash-spark autoattack for mobs.

Might skip sparking if I get better dags

do: get interval; it helps

don't: roll with 3K HP at level 90
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive