how to calculate paint healing ?

HrunsPanda - Archosaur
HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Assassin
So you get 2% of the damage dealt (or 3% for sage)
What does it count as damage ?

-Damage before armor reduction or after ?
-Damage before lvl 150 reduction or after ?
-Damage before attack/defence level effects or after ?
-Damage before HF / amp increase or after ?
Post edited by HrunsPanda - Archosaur on

Comments

• Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Honestly, I think there's nothing really that complex.

Take 2 (or 3) % of whatever number you see pop up on the screen - the actual damage dealt.
    BP is based off the damage number that hits, and it's always going to be 2 or 3%. That damage itself is affected by HF, armour reduction, red boss name, etc, but bloodsuck isn't.
    It's like the game does all these complex calculations to find your damage, but only one simple percentage for BP.

i.e, you start hitting 1000 on a mob - you should get 20 bloodsuck. HF will double the damage, and because of that bloodsuck will also double - it's directly proportional.

There's no status effect that affects BP's %, besides sage/demon status.
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Ok, so thats after everything. So If i get my APS gears and do 5APS for (12k= 60kdps +50 attack level = 90k + 30% crit = 120k dps.

Meaning in reality i will hit a lvl 150 boss with some armor for 50k dps and get 1k per second heal.

If i compare that to a cleric doing IHs with a 13k magic attack. His IH should do 5k over 15s. As he can cast 5 of those in 15 seconds, a stacked IH should heal me for 25k over 15seconds = 1666 per second.

Sounds like i may still need some pots and ToP.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok, so thats after everything. So If i get my APS gears and do 5APS for (12k= 60kdps +50 attack level = 90k + 30% crit = 120k dps.

The DPS in that PWCalc comes to 124,913.
    Meaning in reality i will hit a lvl 150 boss with some armor for 50k dps and get 1k per second heal.

You won't. Level 150 bosses have a level-based damage reduction, where they take 25% of your total damage. That makes your theoretical 124,913 dps to 31,228, of which you would get 936 back as hp with Sage Bloodpaint or 624 hp with Demon Bloodpaint.

And that's still not counting their pdef reduction. Pretty much every boss except world bosses has at least 1,000 pdef, giving them 20% reduction against your attacks. Thus your 936 hp/s bloodpaint heal is down to about 750. With Demon Bloodpaint, you would be down to about 500 hp/s. And it only goes down from there.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Oompf b:sad I guess ill stay friends with the clerics for a bit longer....
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Damage dealt (the red number) after level reduction and defenses. Take that number and x it by .02. For instance:

12000 damage x .02 = 240 paint heals.

DoTs don't give you added heals (like bleed).
    Magic damage like frost blade or wood apoths will increase your dph and therefore your paint heals.
    Any amps/debuffs will increase your damage dealt and your paint heals. If someone debuffs and amps and your 12k becomes 30k then that 30k x .02=600 paint heal.
    The DPS in that PWCalc comes to 124,913.

You won't. Level 150 bosses have a level-based damage reduction, where they take 25% of your total damage. That makes your theoretical 124,913 dps to 31,228, of which you would get 936 back as hp with Sage Bloodpaint or 624 hp with Demon Bloodpaint.

And that's still not counting their pdef reduction. Pretty much every boss except world bosses has at least 1,000 pdef, giving them 20% reduction against your attacks. Thus your 936 hp/s bloodpaint heal is down to about 750. With Demon Bloodpaint, you would be down to about 500 hp/s. And it only goes down from there.

Pretty much this, although with proper debuffing you'll get alot more dd and with proper spark timing you'll heal 20% and be able to resist attacks. For instance swapping to axes and quickly using Penetrate Armor (Why isn't this in barb forums?) will debuff for 35% and give you about 20% more damage. Stack that with EP and thats 44% more damage. Bring a BM for HF? Have a veno?... Your 113 vit with +7 weapon barb can do spurts of 300k dps easily.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Yes i will do a bunch with my BM friend so ill have some HF to help me. But i also want to see what i can solo and what not. And then again, even HF is active only about half the time. And when i swich to axes to debuf, i will be missing a few hits, certainly since swiching and attacking cannot be put into a macro. will it still be worth it when soloing ?

Ah well, i guess it will work out since many people APS solo TT3-x. I think it will need quite some practice, and a newly updated genie :p
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Yes i will do a bunch with my BM friend so ill have some HF to help me. But i also want to see what i can solo and what not. And then again, even HF is active only about half the time. And when i swich to axes to debuf, i will be missing a few hits, certainly since swiching and attacking cannot be put into a macro. will it still be worth it when soloing ?

Ah well, i guess it will work out since many people APS solo TT3-x. I think it will need quite some practice, and a newly updated genie :p

You can't put weapon swaps into macros.

So swap to axes during your triple spark and hit PA. As you cast PA you can switch to fists. No time lost beyond the cast+channel since you can do your swaps during spark and cast time. PA is .9 seconds for channel and cast so you'll miss almost 5 attacks but boost the next 10 seconds for -35% pdef. This is usually around 22% more damage. So a 15 second cycle of 5 aps is

15sec x 5aps x 100%= 75000% damage.

A 15 second cycle with swapping to axes for 1 second and getting 10 seconds of 122% damage is...

(10seconds x 5aps x 122%) + (5aps x 4 seconds x 100%) + (1 sec PA attack)= 81000%

A little better. Mostly better if you stack it with other debuffs, like EP or TM, or have other people in squad.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can't put weapon swaps into macros.

So swap to axes during your triple spark and hit PA. As you cast PA you can switch to fists. No time lost beyond the cast+channel since you can do your swaps during spark and cast time. PA is .9 seconds for channel and cast so you'll miss almost 5 attacks but boost the next 10 seconds for -35% pdef. This is usually around 22% more damage. So a 15 second cycle of 5 aps is

15sec x 5aps x 100%= 75000% damage.

A 15 second cycle with swapping to axes for 1 second and getting 10 seconds of 122% damage is...

(10seconds x 5aps x 122%) + (5aps x 4 seconds x 100%) + (1 sec PA attack)= 81000%

A little better. Mostly better if you stack it with other debuffs, like EP or TM, or have other people in squad.

Im going to find your math teacher, load him onto a rocket, and shoot him into the sun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Magic damage like frost blade or wood apoths will increase your dph and therefore your paint heals.
    I'm pretty sure I recall reading once that Frost Blade does not add on magical damage to physical attacks, but only boosts already magical attacks.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Im going to find your math teacher, load him onto a rocket, and shoot him into the sun.

I was trying to simplify so other could understand using values that don't exist and each time I wrote it it became more complicated than I wanted it to be. When I finally wrote it down... math fail. The point is still valid.
    I'm pretty sure I recall reading once that Frost Blade does not add on magical damage to physical attacks, but only boosts already magical attacks.

Most aren't sure how FB works and I've read multiple theories on it so maybe I'm wrong. The description is it adds 40-50% of the casters base magic attack as water damage to the weapon. Obviously when an r9t3 wizard buffs you you don't receive 50% of their 35k magic attack, so the theory is its a translation error and you receive 50% of your own magic attack as water damage. So for us that's like 150 damage...
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Most aren't sure how FB works and I've read multiple theories on it so maybe I'm wrong. The description is it adds 40-50% of the casters base magic attack as water damage to the weapon. Obviously when an r9t3 wizard buffs you you don't receive 50% of their 35k magic attack, so the theory is its a translation error and you receive 50% of your own magic attack as water damage. So for us that's like 150 damage...

It's the same as DBB/Condensed Thorn/Blazing Arrow/Poison Fang/Elemental damage apoths. X% of weapon attack added as elemental damage to your attacks. Magic attack has nothing to do with it at all.

The only reason for the confusion is because of the poor translation combined with all the people not recognizing it for what it is making all these extra theories pop up.
    (Insert fancy image here)