edited March 2013
    Options
    Yes it is.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • charmeillia
    charmeillia Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    well for some reason I can not get the game onto my new laptop.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Can you share any specifics about the problem? Saying you can't get it there and are running Windows 8 really doesn't tell anyone here who would be able to help you anything at all. And without anything to work with they can't really give you any solutions.
  • charmeillia
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I have downloaded it onto the new computer and it won't let me locate or even start/complete the installation of the game. I hope that this helps and gets me some answers.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Nope. You'll need to be more specific of the errors PWI is giving you (if any) and the specs of your computer. Maybe a link to a youtube video in which you show us exactly what is happening would be of most help.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • charmeillia
    edited March 2013
    Options
    That is the problem it is not giving me any errors at all. It downloaded just fine and will not load the game onto my system. I will try downloading it again and see what happens.
  • charmeillia
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This just came up in a notepad for the first time.

[autorun]
    open=Install.exe
    icon=icon.ico

I have tried to open/install and nothing happens.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Here's what you do......

1. Click on "Search" up there in the forum navigation.

2. Find your answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heck, even if you had just glanced at the first couple of posts, you would have found this....
    I click download and click "I agree" to the terms and service, but every time it starts to download, the notepad opens with the words "[autorun]
    open=Install.exe
    icon=icon.ico"

Someone please help? b:sad
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Go to the folder it downloaded the files to and run install.exe
    This shall solve that little issue.
    Yes, I just quoted an entire thread that was posted less than 24 hours ago, and was only 3 posts down on the page when you got lazy.

I'd have SweetieBot remove points every time someone was an idiot, but I'm not allowed to remove that many points in a day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NW_Shinoby - Dreamweaver
    NW_Shinoby - Dreamweaver Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I just got windows 8 installed and right now i'm downloading the game.
    I'll tell you if it works soon
  • opkossy
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I just got windows 8 installed and right now i'm downloading the game.
    I'll tell you if it works soon

It works fine. I've been running PWI on Windows 8 with this computer the past few months and I'm not the only one currently playing on Windows 8.

Most problems people run into are from a lack of knowledge on their sides and have almost nothing to do with their operating systems and the like.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It works fine. I've been running PWI on Windows 8 with this computer the past few months and I'm not the only one currently playing on Windows 8.

Most problems people run into are from a lack of knowledge on their sides and have almost nothing to do with their operating systems and the like.
    You forgot to include the failure to read and follow instructions on the download page, and the inability to search the forums for answers that have already been posted 100+ times. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Well that too but for some reason I wanted to be nice.

So much of the stuff you get here wouldn't even be posted if people actually read and followed the instructions on the download page. And that's without the stuff that a quick search would deal with if they still had an issue afterwards. b:chuckle