What is the point?

Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
What is the actual point of Tide Form in tideborns? I really don't understand it.... I mean sure it makes you swim faster and it raises your defence lvls but in all reality, it's a useless skill.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
Post edited by Tide_Surfer - Archosaur on

Comments

• Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What is the actual point of Tide Form in tideborns?
    it makes you swim faster and it raises your defence lvls

b:byeb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If there were skills for it (or at least if it allowed us to use our regular skills) and there was more content underwater to warrant its use, it wouldnt be so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah you basically answered your own question sorry o-o

Anyway, but apparentily there used to be some sort of physical skills associated with it(that obviousily could only therefore be used in water and maybe there was more underwater content planned), but it was just thrown out and for some weird reason the forme was kept.

I figure it's just kinda a roleplay thing/because of their FB19(so they can go faster than everyone else that's going to help them and get 1-hit after being noobs since that makes sense.)... untamed having swimming mastery as a racial skill(as apposed to being changed to a barb only skill in preperation) was better o_o Heck, even just having swimming mastery on the tideborn would have made alot more practical sense than forms. Oh well.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LightningI - Archosaur
    LightningI - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    True, I get your point on it. b:pleased
    However, it makes you swim much faster (and personally, I appreciate it on my tide alts).
    It's one of those extra skills, in my mind-ones that aren't necessary, but are there anyways.
    Much like a wizard's Emberstorm (suicide aoe skill that sucks), but way, way more useful. b:surrender
    After all, there is a great deal of swimming in PWI. I myself land in water when I have to get away from the land mobs that are rapidly agroing on me b:angry
    You might as well take it if you have spare coins, and just get a level or two if you don't right?

To be honest, the first few levels of that skill aren't expensive at all.
    I say its a deal! Plus, you get mermaid/merman pics outta it, lol! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:chuckle I don't think it's actually that bad.. b:cute