Classic Server?

xardiounium
xardiounium Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
Hello everyone, I have a questions for you:
1. Do you like game progress what is now?. I'm mean all this classes, packs and mounts?.
2. If somehow GM create new server on CLASSIC way, will you play on it?. (No pack at all, no reputation in cash shop to buy(yes you must earn it), gems for upgrade only to +3, no r6,r7,r8 etc in game at all, no psychic, no assassin, no seeker, no mystic in game), standard mounts and standards flayers, DQ items on old prices (soft fur 800 coins etc) other way like in old times.

Why I ask you?. I'm sick of this all new addition to game, they are ruin it.
PS: They are just a questions, don't answer on rage way :)
Post edited by xardiounium on

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dat english
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1)yes

2)No ...............
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1)yes

2)No ...............

Don't answer on rage way.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think a classic server would revive my interest on this broken game.

But on second thought : NAHHHHHH

Its like traveling back on time
    I hate Room 38
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would not restart at 0.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Would like if things went back but what`s the point starting this boring game from scratch...
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nope, wouldn't play it, I like EG's and TB's to much + UPGRADING it would be better, stepping back is not going to grab players at all :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Don't answer on rage way.
    its not rage.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What I'd love would be a complete overhaul. Better graphics, better animations, better quest, more balance etc.
    Essentially a remake of the game. It would be like starting this game from scratch again but an upgraded and more balanced version of it.

Maybe it would turn into another cash cow for them like the current game but...at least I can dream, right? D:
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    This is what private servers are for. All the current classes, plus Morai, but no BH, classic FCC, no hypers, no oracles, no insta-level, all the fashion and airogear Wanmei has held back is in the boutique, and 2x all the time. b:pleased

(At least, that's what I'm currently building.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yep I'll play it to see how much coin I could make the hard way because its just so easy to face roll on my keyboard to make a few mill.oh and free lunars woot!
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is what private servers are for. All the current classes, plus Morai, but no BH, classic FCC, no hypers, no oracles, no insta-level, all the fashion and airogear Wanmei has held back is in the boutique, and 2x all the time. b:pleased

(At least, that's what I'm currently building.)

Honestly, that sounds like fun.

As for the original poster, I seriously doubt PWE would make a classic server, only because there is no money in it for them. They like selling their packs, MoGs, etc.

They like making 3 grand or more from players. Fully invested in this game could buy someone a decent brand new car, two or three week vacation to some far, distant land, down payment on a house, etc.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thing is, start game is actually pretty boring imo. All contents are designed for end game, so I wouldn't join a server like that.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not a hope in hell.

I would never go back to grinding mobs for hours endlessly. To having to do cs and wq as a necessity. To not being allowed in delta because I don't have "experience". To trying to chip away at +10-12 cash shopping barbs with my +5 axes and barely denting +10 LA wizzies. To trying to hunt fb's just for exp.

I like Morai, I like bounty hunt, I like divine contracts, I like auto path, I like AEU, I like the ingame encyclopedia, I like warsongs, I did like fcc for a bit on release, Lunar is a nice change of pace sometimes, I love the new 1-80 quests, I like the tide quest chain, I like a variety of classes, I like the new skills, I like all the new lowbie gears, I like genies, I like the few bug fixes they have done..... I could go on for a while.

If we had a classic server, people would get bored in a week. We've all done fb29's and killed mobs a billion times over by now and it just wouldn't hold any of the same magic as when we began. Most of the rose tinted spectacle outlook comes from the mmo being new and fresh to us as we first set out on our adventures.

Also, the current knowledge we all have would change such a server in a month. Aps did exist back then, and we'd know how to farm it, archers would be 5.0 and bm's at least 3.3 and casters still unwanted. World bosses would be camped by big factions with a cash shopped aps or two and a cleric. Also merchants barely existed back then, but now the entire server would be flooded with them and the economy would become a very different place.

The game as it is right now is pretty good, it just needs one or two major issues addressed. Lack of fresh content, killing off of old instances, few means of earning coin at low level, and fcc power leveling. Fixing that alone would make the game far more enjoyable.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    ....To not being allowed in delta because I don't have "experience".

I ROFL'ed SO hard when I read this.
    Now you're expected to be 100+ to get in Delta and no one cares if you actually know how to play your toon, much less cares if you have experience.

I have a 92 barb that's been doing FULL runs since he was level 87. It's a true tank build and has more hp at 92 than the majority of 101 barbs on the server. Yet I can't get into a Delta run because I'm not 100+

Same goes for my 97 Seeker and my 98 Veno.

(The seeker BTW, lasted longer than a squad on 100+ at level 92 in a Stage 5 Spawn. At stage 3 they all ported back to start and I dragged all the mobs with me to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lafera - Harshlands
    Lafera - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, trust me, game would be dead already if it were the one you were speaking about. The point is, game has to change, develop some new contents and so on. Otherwise people already would be playing different game. Let`s say 4 years ago end game for this game was extremely boring, most interesting part probably was doing quests, TTs with low lvl until you hit 100. Basically now sometimes when i play whole day i still lack of time to do everything i would like to, so end game is pretty nice and would be even better if they did change all event times also good for European players.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Fact of the matter is without a large community and old school game will have the same issue as modern day PWI, it's completely boring. It won't have OP gear, but it'll be boring. The community is what made the game fun and without a strong one it just won't work. After Hypers came out the quality of the community dropped drastically, and combined with constant pay to win additions to the cash shop created the game we see today. A boring game with epeen stroking wallet warriors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you were asking this in 2010, it might've worked because most of the original population was still here and private servers were still dinking around with 1.3.6, a classic server then would really taken off. Enough people were fed up with PWE then and still would've bargained for a classic server before quitting.

Now... You might get some people's attention, but truth is, it's nowhere near as popular of a request as say a classic certain f2p browser that recently did just that. Older pw isn't even special to begin with, it still exists in our client as is anyways, there's just no incentive to do any of it.

Honestly, the only way it'll ever work is if it's the version that never came out of China, the p2p version. It has housing along with few other exclusive features, it'd be enough for PWE to advertise it. It lacks a cash shop, but I could see PWE selling out housing stuff and other essentials on a page like DQ rewards. You know, how some recent p2p to f2p mmos have converted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Another server, based on the classical gameplay (1.3.6), has always intrigued me. I've tried private servers w/ the classic gameplay, but it's immensely unbalanced with instant level 100 and end-game gear in your mouth.

When it comes down to it, there's a lot of stuff I really love about our version of the game. There's also a balancing issue with skills, classes, gear, etc. I've often wondered what it would be like to pick and choose those amazing features of 1.4.6 and implemented them into 1.3.6. The problem is, you basically loose out on your original toon here on the server you play on, unless they could replicate a clone of your char. You're faced with starting from scratch if a server like this came out and you wanted to play on it.

The real reason that I'm not playing on another server currently; such as a private server, is because I have invested a lot of time into my toons on Heaven's Tear. It would be a waste to give up on them, lol.

But, let's talk hypothetically for a minute. If I could pick all the good stuff from the current version of the game, and implemented them into 1.3.6, I would be happy. Then, make a replication to the dot of my current characters, stats, quests, etc. I would be satisfied, and would love it. 1.3.6 had a lot of really good features. Especially the lack of unbalanced gear and classes. I mean, I do like the 4 newish classes that we have, but I would only want them in 1.3.6 if they had been nerfed to match the remaining 6 classes in terms of skills, damage output, etc. I'm also a major fan of Morai, Nation Wars, Trials, AEU, Nirvana, etc. I would bring those along to 1.3.6 if possible.

So, I would be for a classic server. But I wouldn't take it very seriously unless I could bring and/or copy my current toons for the server. It just wouldn't be worth the time invested to restart. If I had to start from scratch, I would play off and on for fun, but surely wouldn't take it very seriously.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If they were going to make a specialty server only change I'd like would be solo/group options on all bosses and BH. Nothing I hate more than spending an hour in WC trying to form a squad. If I couldn't get a squad together, I'd love to just be able to select a solo option. The drops could be changed like they do for tt.

Some days when I'm playing I just don't want to deal with other people's garbage (especially if I'm cranky) and having the choice to solo would be great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The only way I would accept starting from scratch would if they pretty much made a Perfect World 3 (we are playing perfect world 2).

This game would have to have a revamp in game mechanics, revamped map, graphics, etc.

I don't mind the 4 new classes at all. They are part of this game now, and none is op.
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    Amehlea - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If they were going to make a specialty server only change I'd like would be solo/group options on all bosses and BH. Nothing I hate more than spending an hour in WC trying to form a squad. If I couldn't get a squad together, I'd love to just be able to select a solo option. The drops could be changed like they do for tt.

Some days when I'm playing I just don't want to deal with other people's garbage (especially if I'm cranky) and having the choice to solo would be great.

now this is a brilliant idea same here i don't always want to party for all these quests I play on a PVE server for a reason I am not looking to PvP so my reasons for gear and stuff it's mainly to progress in the game.

I spent so much money and coin on the herc and phoenix packs because no one would party a veno without a herc I haven't even gotten any of my lvl 80 quest done because no one would help me out. I love the game I love the features I love the fetch quests but what bugs the heck out of me is the greedy economy. My pet is a baby polar bear and I love it.
    I like taking going inside the twilight temple on solo mode I love to help newbies with the FB quests after a while I lost interest in the game and I spent my time in the starter zones power mass killing the quest mobs for the new comers.

so yes that would be a fantastic idea but I like a good dungeon raid to but it would be helpfull not to have to rely on people as well.
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't think we need to revert to or create a classic servor. As it stands the game itself is actually well built and well balanced. A lot of the problems with our version of the game stem from the cash shop and the huge discrepancy between payment levels. Of course differences should exist, but if time was taken to better balance the gap so that players who gave more money only had more of an advantage in pvp and pve instead of just an outright "I win" button that can only be countered by a shinier, more expensive "I win" button, I think a lot of the problems would be taken care of and the game would remain fun for all.
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I remember this idea being talked about back in 2009 and 2010. First and second generation of players were disgusted with recent changes, lack of fixes, the economy, the imbalance, cash shop, etc. Same as it ever was.

Personally I like the idea of a classic server, but I have to wonder how it would come to fruition, if PW would actually release such a thing and so on. If they did, would there be any guarantee that it wouldn't turn into a repeat of past history? Hard for me to be optimistic about that. Some people are sure to differ on exactly what the content would be anyways.

I don't think they'll sell a license to someone else and let them run it indepedently. but I guess anything is possible...

And if it's on a private server then you have all the usual problems. Bias towards a small group of people that pay to keep it going, lack of stability, and no sense of accomplishment. That's just me, I've been done with every private server I've played in 2-3 weeks.