Can't connect to server

Cyrithium - Sanctuary
Cyrithium - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Support Desk
I was playing in game when I all of a sudden got disconnected. I reloaded the client, entered my login info, and it just sits there for the 40 seconds until it says, "Unable to connect to server." I've tried connecting to another server, and even tried closing and reloading the client a few times. Neither of those seem to work. Suggestions?
Post edited by Cyrithium - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    People are starting to hate me for posting this over and over, but damnit, there's just nothing better to say until I have more information and it's partially educational as well.....

Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers, experience disconnects, or just have lag in general...

1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your security softwares.
    3. Your network adapter driver is out of date and needs to be refreshed.
    4. Your local area network settings are improperly configured.
    5. You have more than one firewall and don't realize it.
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common with ZoneAlarm and Commodo firewall.)
    7. Your router is configured improperly.
    8. you have a bad network cable.
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    11. There's a fault in your router.
    12. There's a fault in your modem.
    13, You have a bad phone cord plugged into your modem.
    14. There's an issue with your house wiring.
    15. There's an issue with your outside wiring.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone line at the pole and it's raining. (I've had this happen personally.)
    17. A switch/router at the CO for your ISP is having an issue.
    18. One of the many hubs between you and PWI is having an issue. (most common)
    19. There is heavy sunspot activity. (has happened within the past two years)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (Has happened several times, most recently just a couple of months ago.)

That's just a few. The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is.

Also, post a copy of a traceroute to the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Amra_ - Heavens Tear
    _Amra_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    well my friend has the same problem and still can't log in we reset the modems and router the weird part was she was playing the game and then she log out came back and couldn't log back in anymore the servers appear offline she can't log in to none of the servers the server appear as

like theirs no info like when they offline and the game is active so any help would be nice to try
    edited March 2013
    well my friend has the same problem and still can't log in we reset the modems and router the weird part was she was playing the game and then she log out came back and couldn't log back in anymore the servers appear offline she can't log in to none of the servers the server appear as

like theirs no info like when they offline and the game is active so any help would be nice to try
    Read the post directly above yours and follow the instructions. I mean seriously, what more do you need? I've already provided the tools, and told you what I need in order to help, yet you fail at even providing that.

I'm more than happy to help folks, I even enjoy it. It too bad hardly anyone can read and follow instructions, so that they can actually provide me with something to work with. I am most certainly not the all knowing omnificent God, so it's not like I just automatically know what you've got going on over there and how to fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sophina - Dreamweaver
    Sophina - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    first of all, you don't have to be rude. if you can't help then move on, but don't belittle someone for not reading your mind. second, this has happened to me before and is happening now with FW and PWI. Last time it happened, they said they were having trouble with their servers. That being said, the problem is probably on their end and have yet to fix it in over a week, because the problem is reoccurring.
  • Nightstalk - Raging Tide
    Nightstalk - Raging Tide Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Rather than make a new thread ill post here. Ive run a traceroute too RT server like you said and I get this [pwieast3.perfectworld.com]
    Timed out
    Timed out
    Timed out
    Timed out
    Timed out
    Timed out
    Timed out
    Timed out
    Timed out
    Timed out
    Average time over 10 pings: 0 ms

I cant log in....I can run the game and it updates....but when I put my log in Info it neve connects. I played the game like 2 weeks ago....maybe less.. I have reset my Router and I can log in for like a week then it does it again. Here is Techy:

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Celeron @ 2.40GHz 57

Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
    RAM
    4.00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    54 Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit
    Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics
    Microsoft Basic Render Driver
    Hard Drives
    466GB Seagate ST500LM012 HN-M500MBB (SATA) 38
    10x R9 Sage Sin Active
    9x Demon Cleric Active
    9x Sage Psy Active
    8x Mystic Active
    9x Demon BM Active
    8x Seeker Active
    Been around awhile but never really play that long to get anywhere.b:victory
  • Nightstalk - Raging Tide
    Nightstalk - Raging Tide Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I dont have antivirus running because it would have blocked it before as well. the only thing that I have running is Windows defender and it doesnt block it. I have checked.
    10x R9 Sage Sin Active
    9x Demon Cleric Active
    9x Sage Psy Active
    8x Mystic Active
    9x Demon BM Active
    8x Seeker Active
    Been around awhile but never really play that long to get anywhere.b:victory
    edited March 2013
    Well, since the data signal isn't even leaving your computer, something on your end is blocking it. Double-check the firewall settings (Not Defender), and restart your network adapter. You may need to restart your router as well just as an added step. (it's either your PC blocking it, or your router not receiving it.)

While it's great that you took the time to post a few system specs, none of it helps with a network issue at all. I'll need a link to a published Speccy report taken while you are having the issue, and netstat data. (Run "netstat -a" from the command prompt, wait a few minutes, and then copy the data into here.)

Remember to use the [code] tags for the netstat info and to remove any trademark characters so it doesn't get cut off.) (CODE tag is the # symbol in the editor.)

Personally, if resetting your router fixes it for a short period of time, then it may be the router. I'll need specs on it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raysa44
    raysa44 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think is pwe logging problem because im not the only person who was this issue.. Got many firends that cant logg right now and we was playing really well yesterdayb:cry
    edited March 2013
    raysa44 wrote: »
    I think is pwe logging problem because im not the only person who was this issue.. Got many firends that cant logg right now and we was playing really well yesterdayb:cry
    I'm logging in just fine, so it's not the servers. I've been sitting here transferring items between toons for an hour logging in and out on 8 accounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gengengen
    gengengen Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey, I'm having 'Server network error' instead of 'Unable to connect to server' does anyone have that?
  • Liselda - Dreamweaver
    Liselda - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gengengen wrote: »
    Hey, I'm having 'Server network error' instead of 'Unable to connect to server' does anyone have that?

I'm logging in fine with this account but my other one is giving me server network error, as it is for my friend that's just trying pwi for the first time. Not a great impression haha
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All the servers are having issue to login accounts Submit Tickets is the only way to get it fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • jdsoul
    jdsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    @SylenThunder - Sanctuary, You seem like knowledgeable network admin, even with all your probable reasons, you forgot to mention one critical one.... THAT IS, ALL YOUR REASONS CAN HAPPEN ON PWI SERVER SIDE TOO.... b:laugh
    edited March 2013
    jdsoul wrote: »
    @SylenThunder - Sanctuary, You seem like knowledgeable network admin, even with all your probable reasons, you forgot to mention one critical one.... THAT IS, ALL YOUR REASONS CAN HAPPEN ON PWI SERVER SIDE TOO.... b:laugh

Yes, they can, but 98% of the time they don't. At this point, it appears that the login server is bogged down for some reason causing a delay in responses. The Support team is likely just now arriving to work and hasn't noticed anything yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, they can, but 98% of the time they don't. At this point, it appears that the login server is bogged down for some reason causing a delay in responses. The Support team is likely just now arriving to work and hasn't noticed anything yet.

you have no idea what you are talking about. i would say stop while your ahead but you never made it that far....... .b:surrender
  • CuddlesPanda - Raging Tide
    CuddlesPanda - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    b:cry log in and wait a few seconds then get server error b:angry I see the ping server status info all up but me no can log into play b:sad
  • Kellari_Z_ - Archosaur
    Kellari_Z_ - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have been trying to log in for over a hour with both my accounts also. I keep getting server network error. I did send in a ticket though... nevermind I just got in real easy. lol
  • Liselda - Dreamweaver
    Liselda - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have been trying to log in for over a hour with both my accounts also. I keep getting server network error. I did send in a ticket though... nevermind I just got in real easy. lol

I am getting in fine now too b:victoryb:chuckleb:thanks