Partner for a wizzy (long)

Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Wizard
My wife and I play Nw every weekend together and it is becoming aparent that eventhough her bm gets as many tokens as me, she just can't really kill many people and well she wants to kill people. I'm full r93 +10 atm wizzy.

I don't have an archer on another account for her to play, but I was thinking archer would be a good class for her as it is ranged and it will kill people. It's purge and it's bood vow would also help me kill other strong opponets too.

I also thought of a veno because purge on demand would be nice as well as it is ranged. Might not hurt people as much but im thinking a r93+10 all would atleast kill some more than her bm does. It would also make her and me sin proof from the bramble.

I considered psy, however I would not intend on making her refines more than +10 all with maybe a +11 weapon. Psy woud make a strong hitting aoe to go with my wizzy and I'm pretty sure if we both hit same targets, they are going to die. The seal would protect her and give me time to help her kill any sins or otherers who attack her.

The one I am leaning towards though is cleric because She could keep me and her healed(who doesn't want a personal devoted cleric:) I would always have buffs and her. The purify would be helpfull too. cleric has tempest which would go well with my blade tempest.

Whichever I end up chooseing, I will get her full r93 and all +10 with a +11 weapon. I do intend to limit gems to full citrine or a mix of them and garnets.I will max out all her skills and get the morai ones for her. She will only play this character with me in tw/Nw. That is all the resources I am willing to spend. SO keeeping that in mind which do you guys think would be a better investment of money/time for a mass pvp partner for me for primarily Nw and some tw? Keep in mind she will never be +12 and she will never have jades...though I will eventually.
Post edited by Flamespirit - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In my opinion,
    Psychic with wizard is good

Wiz-Psy*
    a lot of damage n control skill

while
    Wiz-EA*
    a lot of damage n a lot of damage ..

if she font of magic char : than it is a psy (magic is beautiful in someway )
    if she want a triple spark pew3x pew3x = dead -> EA
    b:pleased

-veno*
    is more depend on her pet for damage
    n a women who love collecting pets for fighting along would love veno or mystic
    O..O b:cute
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    -veno*

The pet is almost completely irrelevant for a veno. Especially a veno that will be geared like that.

As for the topic at hand, find out which class she has a natural preference and affinity for first. If she's good on a psy but plays a clericr poorly, for example, then giving her an endgame psy won't really help in any battles where you have roughly equal opponents or highly skilled ones who can manage the gear gap.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In my opinion,
    Psychic with wizard is good

Wiz-Psy*
    a lot of damage n control skill

while
    Wiz-EA*
    a lot of damage n a lot of damage ..

if she font of magic char : than it is a psy (magic is beautiful in someway )
    if she want a triple spark pew3x pew3x = dead -> EA

-veno*

lol xD

I wouldn't go with psychic if you're not planning on +12 and jading. A cleric does sound like a nice choice, but from what I've seen, the r9r2 weapon alone is like a personal cleric already. :s I would go with veno or archer tbh.
    I would also advise you not to imply sharing accounts on the forums, it could cause some serious consequences. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    :D yeah,
    my opinion maybe heavily on which she like the most...

cause you cant enjoy your toon if you dont like it that much , right?

*I really love my wizzy anw b:avoid
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd avoid cleric, tbh, for the sole reason that she's probably not going to be getting as many tokens as she would on pretty much any other class solely because a cleric probably isn't going to be DDing as much as any other class and not going to be able to soak up as much damage as a barb or a BM.

I'd go with psy. They synergize quite well with a wiz thanks to undine amping all of a psy's damage and they bring quite a bit of AOE CC to the table. But honestly, you should probably just go with whatever DD your wife wants to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    It's not really a matter of getting tokens so much as being able to kill people and having fun. Obviously if I cash her a r93 all +10 and full cit gems then being worried about the amount of tokens isn't really pratical as I could just buy them. Really her bm oddly enough makes about as many tokens as I do, just that she wants to kill people and do so from range.

Thanks for the input, still thinking archer or cleric is probably the best bet.

As to account sharing, well when you spend enough money I don't think they really care. It would be imposible to prove as both our names are on the credit card account and we both play off the same router, and being married in real life puts us as one legal entiity in most things. As to why in the world anyone would trust thier pwi account outside thier house. idk, I sure wouldn't anymore than I'd share my bank account access.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    was gonna suggest sin

lock down person forever while your wizzie unloads ****
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would say a bm or an ep would be an awesome partner for a wiz, but if she doesn't like bm she probably won't care for ep either (or any support class for that matter). Given the constraints, I think she (and therefore you) would probably be happiest with an ea.. although if she played a bm or ep you'd be more effective as a team imo
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • haywiz
    haywiz Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Are you looking for a character that she will enjoy?
    or one just to benefit your character?

Im sorry if I read post wrong, but thats what I read.

The only char I have not leveled over 100 is a veno,
    and there is only one that I enjoy playing, ofc its my wizzy.
    I dont play the others at all, I just dont enjoy them.

So make sure its a character that she wants to play and will enjoy,
    not one you want her to play cuz it benefits you.
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    basically most classes would fit, seeker and range phys kinda tank counterpart, SS would help u 2 kill strong enemies, archer for pew pew, psy for duo with magic, veno for debuffs and bramble, another wizzy, 2x wizzies on a spark combo... anything dies.
    Is a matter of what class is fun to play for your partner
  • SweetAnthrax - Heavens Tear
    SweetAnthrax - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If your goal is to lead a bloody massacre get her an Archer. However if you feel like adding a tip of defensive power against sin groups a Mystic should provide better AOE target control.
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If she just wants to kill lots of people, it's archer or psy all the way (I would even say another wiz, it's always fun seeing those man and wife, "we're wizards to mess up your world, what of it?!?!" teams for the lulz, but wizzies have a much steeper learning curve and it doesn't sound like she will play enough to pick it up quickly)

Archers:
    Huge range to target from afar.
    Huge dd that can take down any opponent.
    Very fast to release skills, so she will be tab killing low geared players with ease, and faster than others.
    Blood Vow will give you both crazy power to destroy the opposition.

Psys:
    Very high dd and cc, I'm sure she would feel great about stunning a flag carrier, so the squad can join her in ripping opponent apart.
    Undine from you, and big opponents start dropping...fast.
    If she runs around in white voodoo during slow periods with all their defensive buffs, she will have incredible survivability against stealth attacks from sins/archers without even needing to do anything.

In all honesty a bm is already a very good duo with a wiz, so if she isn't enjoying that I would forget about making a class to max overall duo effectiveness. A cleric is a poor choice IMO, she will quickly get sick of multiple pm's asking for buffs / heals etc. She would also get raged on by lots of people if she didn't follow the flag carrier playing support. It's easy to say '**** them, she can play how she wants"' but no one enjoys having people annoyed at them, so just avoid the chance that she will hate life as a cleric, and just roll a pure dd class.
    A veno is probably the worst choice. They pretty much have the worst dd in game. I NW/TW every week and PK too, and I honestly don't remember the last time a veno killed me, not just saying that, and we certainly have a lot of high end venos on the server too. You are right that bramble is incredible... But let's face it, I don't think your wife is going to feel that motivated by the fact that her brambles and purges lead to someone's death, she wants to do the killing herself.

Something to remember is that two high dd players meld together to some extent anyway, simply because, regardless of anything else, people are going to die... A lot.
    I love drinking tea
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Atm I tossed her on an all g16 cleric that I use for my buffs and she is doing ok. Unfortunately she gets killed very fast, but that is to be expected when going against r93 players while in g16 +5. Cleric is pretty cool cause my wizzy always has buffs and even an occasional heal. Tempest makes a good complement to blade tempest and cyclone and plume help widdle them down for me. I think if I went r93 and +12 her weapon she would do considerable dmg to most targets.I think I might let her continue with the under powered cleric for awhile before deciding to cash shop her to power.

I think she would like the archer more cause she just wants to point and click kill, which a r93 +12 archer would do pretty well at, esp if my wizzy assisted her. The only drawback is that I have a cleric with lv 11 skills for and already lved up because of my buffer/delta helper, but I don't have an archer except on my account and I hate to go thru all the lving up and stuff again.

The only issue with the bm is it has no range and she want to have ranged attack like my wizzy. With all the r93 on our server it is incredibly difficult for a bm to get up to you and actually kill you considering the will be taking dmg from multiple r93's..
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I could be wrong, but it seems to me you already know that she would prefer the archer, but you like the idea of having a support cleric, and the hassle free nature as you have one ready and waiting. Lines such as "she will whittle them down... for me" and "cleric will be good because... I.... will always have buffs." Whenever you talk about the cleric, it's about what the cleric can do for you, then there is something of an afterthought as to why the cleric will be okay for her too.
    Normally the way you say things when you don't realise how you are saying them is very significant to how you actually feel about situation ,much moreso than if you were "watching your words". I'm not saying that to be mean, just to point it out, I think we all do it (I know I was guilty of it a bit when my gf played online games).

You mention the range DD a cleric has, and in my opinion even the best support clerics will weigh in with a good amount of damage (the bad supports won't, lol) but how much will she enjoy all the cleric hate she gets for not supporting like everyone else wants her to if she dds "too much"? Wil she go support so she doesn't get called a noob? If she does support a lot, will she enjoy seeing groups of people she would love to kill, but can't because she needs to purify the tank? If she goes full DD, how long before she gets sick of bein referred to as "that noob DD cleric, can't even heal the flag carrier".

I think you need to decide whether the most important thing is for her to have the most enjoyable char for her play style, or whether you want a toon that won't take too long to make and will support you well? You could always say to her that she can have the archer, but if she really does want it, she has to level it, and you'll gear it?

I hope this hasn't come across badly, just trying to throw some light on to it for you. It can be difficult to see a situation as clearly when you are involved in it, as you are.

Best of luck in whatever you decide though.
    I love drinking tea
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree with Saeidon on this. Archers are good for the tab->auto attack->death sort of play style and do allow for room to improve once she gets more comfortable with it.

If she likes being a caster I think a psy would be a good alternative. As said before, psys have control skill and compliment a wizard's single target kill function with more aoes.

My in game wife is a psy and having her around in NW and TW is great since she has the ability to take out a lot of targets around the one we're hitting without needing to stop dding, and can work off my undine. Her quicker casting also means she usually eats the magic def charm damage nerf and lets me hit for big numbers *.*
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes