Possible idea for helping new BMs

124»

Comments

• XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wow, one of us Blademaster men got you pregnant quick!

Finally, a reason to get fat. My last 3 years attempting to sit down didn't work out as I thought it would.
    -Tackles and hugs fellow RogueXXX members Cable and Drago<3- :3

And on topic... um yes... helping bm's... and... umm... pole blade and axes... and... stuff :D

She likes blademasters. Any singles out here? Go get her.
    I did say "new BMs". xD Yup, same faction, but only talked today. Glad to do that though, proved I still have much to learn. xD

You only read the surface idea. Everything else is here. I'm 100% plagiarism on that TW guide, lol.
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    ... *exits thread immediately*

Calm down you crazy hormone driven people in heavy armor!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Finally, a reason to get fat. My last 3 years attempting to sit down didn't work out as I thought it would.

You only read the surface idea. Everything else is here. I'm 100% plagiarism on that TW guide, lol.

You should post the guide.

Really, and this is pointed at people like DragoAhmad there - how about some situations or questions from people who are new, so we can give viewpoints?

(and start a diff thread, and force Kossy to delete the trolling?)
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No. Gear won't do it.

You use skills for the following:

Do damage
    Increase your ability to do damage
    AOE
    CC (Crowd Control)
    Defensive skills (not as priority)

Quick and fast analysis compared to axe skills with R9 GoF:

Sword:
    Mage Bane - Bad damage, 8 seconds not long enough for one target. If it didnt cost a spark, I could see it being used.
    Spirit Chaser - Bad damage, single target. If it was multi target or did way more damage, could be useable.
    Atmos Strike - Again, bad damage, single target
    MSS - Good damage, but again the proc for 15 seconds resulting in lower damage is meh compared to 9 seconds of DEAD and people don't run if they're MSS'ed.

Pole:
    Piercing Winds - Outdone by Flame Tsunami for less chi. Bleed effects are pretty much worthless in PvP.
    Farstrike - Bad damage, single target. If it was multi target or did way more damage, could be useable.
    Meteor Rush - Bad damage again. With GoF on a grade 15 pole it still wouldn't be worth it because you're missing the attack levels from R9. Outdone by Flame Tsunami even if you take demon proc into account.
    Glacial Spike - At best, something to combo HF with. HF is still better - and HF is ranged.

So really, what they'd have to do is up the damage so it is comparable to what axes can do with general skills, make them more AOE worthy, add a worthy CC (more chance of stun, make them seal or immobilize, etc), create some longer lasting damage add on to yourself (Crit chance, etc), or create a longer lasting defensive buff.

That's where the modifying skills come in. Instead of Magebane being useless, have it modify to take no spark, or change channeling debuff to 6 second silence. Spirit chaser modified to absorb X amount of chi from target. Atmos strike work on players (just imagining a string of BMs using Reel In and Atmos strike on a flag carrier)

There could be other modifiers available as adds, but that is just a basic one that could make it worthwhile to pursue a weapon and useing the skills we ignore at the moment.
  • DragoAhmad - Archosaur
    DragoAhmad - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I saw your guide, and it's pretty awesome. +10 for that. b:victory

You should REALLY post it in here so everyone sees it. ^^
    You should post the guide.

Really, and this is pointed at people like DragoAhmad there - how about some situations or questions from people who are new, so we can give viewpoints?

(and start a diff thread, and force Kossy to delete the trolling?)

Maelael, some BMs "create a way", some "take the way created and apply", and others don't even know what's going on and assume they're a major DD class like Casters. Away from the 3rd group, I can pretty much say I'm a mixture of the first 2 (although whenever it seems I created something, it's pretty much in the forums before the time I saw it, still a point for creativity xD). And I could swear that some of all BMs posts from when I started playing actually gave off in PvP and PvE. You still say that an in-game mentor is invaluable, but I say that both are really important.

About the situations or questions, there're many. Open a thread and we'll get it all out. xD
    I'll get you more "situations" by the next NW/TW, I promise :D
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Hm. I could yeah it's just like weird.

Experience, facts, things I went through, things you went through, we went through.

I could post it, it's just 40+ pages long on microsoft word, I threw some pictures didn't really add into since like... god... Jan 2013?

But uh, Maelael wanna take a look at first before deciding it should be posted? I can email/skype/[private message me that] if you want. I just wouldn't know how I could bring myself to copying and pasting it. Maybe you might see what I mean.

• Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I do? o_o
    I think it's more like I just like you O.o

...:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Experience, facts, things I went through, things you went through, we went through.

I could post it, it's just 40+ pages long on microsoft word, I threw some pictures didn't really add into since like... god... Jan 2013?

But uh, Maelael wanna take a look at first before deciding it should be posted? I can email/skype/[private message me that] if you want. I just wouldn't know how I could bring myself to copying and pasting it. Maybe you might see what I mean.

You have updated it? My official statement is I have read the version you sent 8 months ago or smth. The only way I can think of posting something that massive is your own website. I dont know how things are in wherever you live but I get "free" home website space as a part of my broadband deal. Its not much but if you have something similar on your broadband deal, it would be the way to go I think.

Edit: My opinion is external site, PWI forums and you have few pages of thread started with it <.<.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Well I could just get a hair cut, maybe reduce some opinions on some things. [I'm so biased about being demon.]

The guide was mainly made for bm's that never TW'd before and don't really understand it... I guess.

Yes I updated it when some Morai skills got changed and some blademaster leaps n stuff changed. Major meta gameplay for us imo. But Idk, kind of bad with my dates, lol.

Maybe I should overlook it again for any grammar errors that DragoAhmad decided to **** on me.b:laugh

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Sure.

Host it on googledocs and PM me the link would be the easiest way.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Alright, I'll try my best into getting this done. I'm actually rereading and finding anything I need to update on or remove before showing it to you.