Purify weapon proc and the monstrosities that wield them

2»

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh so people actually have those now?

There's nothing you can do 1v1, at all aside from utterly breaking the RNG with back to back to back zerk crits.

I suggest giving up.

Welcome back to Nihilism.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Welcome back to Nihilism.

Dude I always thought it was a class requirement to play BM.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, Sanc has one of those wizzies now. Granted, nowhere near as skilled as Adroit; but definitely with the survivability that skill just flat out doesn't matter.

Another thing working against us: ignorant randoms. Even after posting in battle chat to not use autos as they had a purify weapon, people just kept on hitting a skill then autoing. So unless you can isolate people like that, there simply isn't a strategy that can work if the window lickers are there to **** it up.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    there simply isn't a strategy that can work if the window lickers are there to **** it up.

About fell out of my seat laughing at this. So true. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Had a sin "helping" me against a Vindi squad last weak and of course Vindi is about 90% caster or archer so I'm trying to setup a takedown for a wizzy with purify proc and I have Derp Derpington apsing away with H&Ts on the wizzy >.<
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have Derp Derpington apsing away with H&Ts on the wizzy >.<

Derp Derpington is my best friend in NW b:laugh Especially when pulling the flag. I'm not nearly as OP as the wiz in the first post though (49 defense levels / 19k p def buffed)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Am I the only one seeing the obvious implication of blade hurl removing purify proc?

It would be the perfect time to pull out the old dps gear, they'll never see it coming. Except, I just might having now studied this thread, lol.

Triple spark, blade hurl + occult ice, dps, then if they run towards the end of the 6 seconds (assuming they are still alive), switch to axes and use your range skill 1 (can't remember name) and then your seal skill, and if you've got a poleblade, flip to that and do a farstrike too.

On another note, there is another strategy in Nation Wars you can employ. Or a couple, assuming that its the first flag being delivered for the enemy. If you are nearing the flag cap point and you realize that it is quite impossible to stop the flag from being delivered, have your organized squad leave on masse. Let the window-lickers keep doing their thing; they'll die after the flag-carrier finishes. They'll serve as a good distraction in fact. Then, you and your team go heavily cover the flag spawn points and DIG THE FLAG BEFORE THE PURIFY USERS RETURN. I'm one of the few people I notice using a wind force genie to get back to spawn points in time after capping a flag, but even I barely make it in time. Most arcanes won't, and if they do, they'll have had to expend genie to do so, and apoth will certainly be in cooldown, so no fortify > ironguarding, and less survivability. When I ran into a r9rr jades +12 psy, what I personally did was I flew up, slept the psychic in question after they'd delivered their flag, and then just left them there to rot while somebody else dug the flag. Won that war because of that.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm gonna guess you don't play a BM.

#1: Trip sparking without antistun in NW is fail. You're setting yourself up to just get slept/stunned/sealed - or get this - they leave while you spark (especially if you antistun).

#2: Occult Ice is not a for-sure reliable stun. The genies that make it a good chance are usually fail in all the other departments, so you don't see a high dex OI genie on BMs often.

#3: You're not addressing bramble or SoV.

#4: Farstrike is terribad unless you're hitting scrubs.

#5.
    assuming that its the first flag being delivered for the enemy. Were assuming this flag runner has to go down If you are nearing the flag cap point and you realize that it is quite impossible to stop the flag from being delivered, have your organized squad leave on masse. Then, you and your team go heavily cover the flag spawn points and DIG THE FLAG BEFORE THE PURIFY USERS RETURN. We said this already. In many posts, actually. I'm one of the few people I notice using a wind force genie to get back to spawn points in time after capping a flag, but even I barely make it in time. Most arcanes won't, and if they do, they'll have had to expend genie to do so, and apoth will certainly be in cooldown, so no fortify > ironguarding, and less survivability. 1. You're assuming too much on the Apoth. Yes casters do. Psys get the fly skill. I can make it back to a spawn point just fine flying or holy pathing, before it spawns again - whats wrong with your flier? When I ran into a r9rr jades +12 psy, what I personally did was I flew up, slept the psychic in question after they'd delivered their flag, and then just left them there to rot while somebody else dug the flag. Won that war because of that. BMs don't have a sleep skill...

6. Furthermore, when we talk about problem-toons, we're talking about +11-+12 overgeared people who (assumed) know what they're doing. Wizzies may have arcane defense and **** pdef levels, Psys SoV/SoS and psy will, and only the psys can't cast CCs without the weapon. Clerics I'm gonna hope you already kno. You've also got a 90% chance in those situations of that purify proc already being active.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Am I the only one seeing the obvious implication of blade hurl removing purify proc?

It would be the perfect time to pull out the old dps gear, they'll never see it coming. Except, I just might having now studied this thread, lol.

Triple spark, blade hurl + occult ice, dps, then if they run towards the end of the 6 seconds (assuming they are still alive), switch to axes and use your range skill 1 (can't remember name) and then your seal skill, and if you've got a poleblade, flip to that and do a farstrike too.

You actually only get 3 seconds because during those 6 seconds you disarm yourself for 3. It's basically a support skill for someone else to kill. You might have more luck triple sparking with r999 axe spam though w/o blade hurl though.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    #1: Trip sparking without antistun in NW is fail. You're setting yourself up to just get slept/stunned/sealed - or get this - they leave while you spark (especially if you antistun).

I ended up recording NW and my god I got slept twice by that damn cleric and it lasted that WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE time.
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I ended up recording NW and my god I got slept twice by that damn cleric and it lasted that WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE time.

Not exactly sure, but it seems that Silent and Chromatic Seal were shifted to be based off soul force difference. Because while on PvE the seals will shift between the 2 different lengths, on people with high soulforce it always goes for the lowest amount of time. When up to 45 seconds always ends up as less than 7, I'm thinking they changed it to that correlation. Which would explain the exceedingly long Silent Seals my BM kept suffering from.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Seeing this bumped reminded me of my go-to tactic lately. Demon Glacial Spike, switch to axes, Highland, Fissure, Drake Bash. I mostly use it while others are around so the debuff can be utilized by them too, but the main point is with the 100% crit rate I can normally drop a caster in only a few attacks.

I started using it after Maelael posted "the best thing you can do is triple spark and try to dph" but the 2 obvious problems are having 3 sparks while trying to control the fight with stuns, and no caster is going to stand in 1 place while you triple spark. The GS works off of two sparks, meaning I can chain it with a stun either before or after or Blade Hurl/Reel, whatever the situation calls for. Most importantly its quick and does its own damage. And you can have your 3 attacks in before most AA start running, especially with OI or a stun right before. With a 100% crit rate there is a pretty good chance of zerk-critting using a zerk weapon, and add that to the 90% debuff. Many of my attacks are hitting anywhere from 2500-14k.
This discussion has been closed.