New to Perfect World, looking at Seeker.

hoopladazzle
hoopladazzle Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Seeker
Hey all, as I'm writing this I currently have PW installing. I've been looking through the forums and have been looking at the current classes, and I'm thinking I might be choosing to play the Seeker. I have a few basic questions about them.

1. Are they sought after in groups? Now, I don't mean having people drool over getting them like with clerics in some games, but will I actually be able to find a group? Or will I be sitting without one forever?
2. I'm not really a huge PvP person, but I love PvE, how are Seekers in that regard?
3. Are there any tradeskills I should look at taking up as a Seeker? Or will I be able to obtain their gear without wanting to tear out my hair?

Any additional help people could provide, be it for the seeker class, or the game in general [noob pride], would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by hoopladazzle on

Comments

• beforesun
    beforesun Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm not sure, if I understand what you try to say, to be honnest, but I try to answhere...

1) if you want to find a group almost at the moment you enter the game than you should play a cleric or barb. these 2 classes are asked ALL the time. There are instances seekers are a must have or are loved, like Lunar or Delta and others where its harder to find a squat, like SoT or Abba... So be prepared to wait at some days and do sth else.. Or you can build your own squats.. All in all Seekers are not a class that none wants, but not THE most needed class for some stuff...

2)At the beginner lvls Seeker really sucks in PvE. Really the first 80 lvl or so a seeker has a huge problem with mage mobs and there are a lot of them in the beginning region. So be prepared to buy a lot pots.. It was a bit frustrating for me back than. BUT later on seekers are really good at it. A seeker is from what I see the only real AoE class. Why do I think to, when there are others with stronger AoEs too? Because a Seeker whears heavy armor and therefor is the only class that really can survive more than 3-4 mobs pretty good.. So at the endgame its mostly a problem to pull a lot of mobs, since they reset not the problem of surviving them. At endgame Seekers are realy good...

3) I don't know what you mean with "tradeskills"... Assuming that you ment production skills. There are production skills in these game and for the better Equip from lvl 60 on you need them to build that stuff. BUT you don't have to do it yourself if you have ppl you trust you can ask them to build that things for you. If you want to lvl them it takes a lot of farming or buying many mats. I myself have one char with most of the skills lvled to 6 or more which is quite ok, but took me a while... If its your first char, dn't bother too much with it and ask in your fraction for help.. There are usually ppl that have them lvled.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The problem seekers have in getting into squads is that there are so many of them and but no reason to have more than one in a squad. The game is also full of sins but for most instances people are happy to have more than one sin because they are good DDers. Seeker damage is on the low side so people think having an extra seeker will slow things down.

Hardly anyone in this game gives a flying **** about seeker debuffs but the ones who do know you only need one seeker to apply them. Vortex is so useful but you only need one seeker for that. I think adding a seeker always helps even in the TT 3-x runs that are hard for seekers to get into. But one is all you need even the dopey players can figure that out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Below 75: Doesn't really matter what you do
    75: FCing level, every squad wants a seeker
    100+: Doesn't really matter what you do. Everyone is op nowadays and doesn't require 5 aps sins x5 and a cleric anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I leveled a seeker to lvl 77 after i did so with my main barb first.

The PvEing seemed to go so much faster and nicer with the seeker. I didnt really have any problems with those magic mobs the guy above posts about. Sure its not like the barb where you can engage one or multiple mobs, walk away from the PC to get a drink and come back to find your barb alive and the mobs dead. But at least you dont need to go away and get a drink while youre in a fight because the fights dont last too long :)
  • Vyrrg - Harshlands
    Vyrrg - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Seekers are what EVERYONE begs for in FC rooms so if you want to level quickly and (kind of) cheaply, seekers are a good options. There's a myriad of different gear you can get for seekers and plenty of ways to build them. Seekers are great in PvP, but perhaps not so much for a beginner, you have to really understand the mechanics of the game for seekers because they are a COMBO class. All in all, I love seekers, tey may not be the best for beginners, but definnetly something to look into, we're glass cannons, but without the glass part (unless you catch me right before I qpq *EEK*)