Time for new classes?!

Yeefong - Heavens Tear
Yeefong - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
Cmon, I would love to see a new addition to Pwi, now seems a awwesome time, its the start of a new year, alot of people quit recently, a new class, a new city, new things to explore, it sounds so cool and i think pwi should consider it!
Post edited by Yeefong - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No... Just No.

We have enough classes and enough to complaining about classes being OP, we do not need another class.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cmon, I would love to see a new addition to Pwi, now seems a awwesome time, its the start of a new year, alot of people quit recently, a new class, a new city, new things to explore, it sounds so cool and i think pwi should consider it!

will those classes have r9rr on them be super op no then no we alredy have major inbalances on older classes why whoudl we want new classes.

also we wont ever get new player as pwe dont care
  • Yeefong - Heavens Tear
    Yeefong - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No... Just No.

We have enough classes and enough to complaining about classes being OP, we do not need another class.

That's such a dumb doll comment, a game can't stay the same forever, and idk about you but no one complains about things being OP on HT, also, how can you say *NO, just no* a new addition to the game would draw alot of players in and make it more fun to play, and something new is always fun to explore
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    The limit in the games code is 10 classes. They would have to severely change some of the core code for the server and client. Given the current track record of the Wanmei Dev's, I don't see it happening.

And they can't change the exp tables to take the level cap back to 150.

So basically all they can do is add new gear, quests, and copy/re-write instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That's such a dumb doll comment, a game can't stay the same forever, and idk about you but no one complains about things being OP on HT, also, how can you say *NO, just no* a new addition to the game would draw alot of players in and make it more fun to play, and something new is always fun to explore

and what woudl those new players do

glout at ther toon and leave

every server have issue filling bh no one quest but that right u can frost up to 100

great way to push the newbie out of the game
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2013

You haven't been in PWI long enough to know the complications the game is having each time a new class released, the original classes were from human, untamed, and winged elves. The release of tideborn made alot of people quit, because sin and psy became OP.

You also asking the wrong person for new classes, PWI is the publisher, and Wanmei is the creator of the game.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd rather see more updates on the current classes (skill animations, more skill balancing perhaps, new skills for them maybe) than new classes.

Additionally, more low level content and whatnot to attract new players and old alike. New classes alone won't be much of an attraction if they don't have anyone to play the game with (with people powerleveling and skipping most of it). The majority of the current playerbase will just roll the new classes and powerlevel them.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i want 10 toons on an account per server
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wouldn't be totally opposed to new classes, if it were possible, but I think they'd have to add new mechanics to the game and add new abilities to existing classes to use those mechanics. I mean, the Earthguard are (in my opinion) in essence combinations of other classes. It would be refreshing to see new concepts like the Tideborn patch introduced.

At least the Tideborn introduced stealth and soulforce. And eventually other classes got some sort of compromises with them (Morai moves that use soulforce, Ataraxia for archers, etc).

Let's play a game - if you were to introduce a new mechanic into the game, what would it be? I think it would be cool if there was a class that could transform into various forms (not just one like the Untamed have). Depending on the form, you'd have different properties and different moves (like perhaps a tank form, a dd form, etc). Ooh, imagine if you could transform into mobs, but to do so, you have to capture their essence (like a veno catches pets).
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    Murcas - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The limit in the games code is 10 classes. They would have to severely change some of the core code for the server and client. Given the current track record of the Wanmei Dev's, I don't see it happening.

And they can't change the exp tables to take the level cap back to 150.

So basically all they can do is add new gear, quests, and copy/re-write instances.

When you look at the cold, hard, facts, new classes seem to be a bit of a pipe dream. We all know what happens when Wanmei tries to "fix" something, hence the trope "They fixed it, now it sucks!". I would like to see revamped moves and whatnot, and while they're on the way to balancing classes, a little more work in that area could save a whole lot of gamers from quitting altogether. If you want variety, try another PWI game, it never hurts to have variety. I play War of the Immortals when I get tired of playing this game. XD
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't know what they would do for new classes. Map seems a bit full as is. I suppose they could do something in morai. (ratman class ftw b:victory)

But as has been said what jobs are really left? Game needed a sub healer to compete with clerics, it got one. It needed a LA melee class, it got that. AA melee class? HA caster? Well, seekers kind of work in that role. I was going to say summoning class but mystics kind of fill that role too.

Yes a new mechanic would have to be added. I think a mechanic where you get slightly more powerful the more mobs/players you kill might be interesting. Kind of like with sparking except the guage for it will replace the chi bar and you can't release it. Also all skill attacks would deplete this bar by a certain amount instead of using mag and would likely be very costly to balance chi/mag use. Basically it will start off in squads as the weak link but will become the most powerful in squad by the time they reach boss. Provided he/she stays alive ofc.
  • Artigel - Heavens Tear
    Artigel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    new classes lol.i started in early 2008 on a wiz and this game was the ****e.however it has since gone to hell in a handbasket.its not a game but a job.ive never seen such a badly run operation.new classes arent needed a nuclear bomb on china would be a good start anyone notice every spawning ground is a ghost town.glitches are fixed by having a sale .Like a good dope dealer pwi got us hooked and then took every free option available to the free lol player.we all now play guild wars 2 or watch tv.Hurry up and finish killing this game devs so we can say told you so 1 last time.last count 600k from 1.8 mill.mods are bootlickers and the gms are retired.i judst look at the forums once in a while to see the new fun lol adds they come up with.lol try frisbee folks at least you get something out of it.well i imagine the new race will be some cool aliens with astral power and warp drive credit cards .if you think this is qq you are wrong its qq plus qq.well see you in 6 months when i log in to see the last 12 players waiting for a rare lol mount that is actually a chinese fortune cookie with fried rice falling out its ***.peace out pwi.love you players hate the system.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think it would be cool if there was a class that could transform into various forms (not just one like the Untamed have). Depending on the form, you'd have different properties and different moves (like perhaps a tank form, a dd form, etc).

I played a game that had a class like that. It's "Human" form was basically a mage with magical skills, but then it could transform into what was at the time one of the best single-target-tanks in the game, or could transform into a high phys dd mode, and all three modes had big skill trees with nifty abilities. Unfortunately for PW, I think a class like this would either be way overpowered or way underpowered; think about it, Venos are designed to use 2 modes (magic or fox(physical) ), and it could have been done so much better >.< So it would really pay to just improve the classes we already have.
    edited March 2013
    I don't know what they would do for new classes. Map seems a bit full as is. I suppose they could do something in morai. (ratman class ftw b:victory)

But as has been said what jobs are really left? Game needed a sub healer to compete with clerics, it got one. It needed a LA melee class, it got that. AA melee class? HA caster? Well, seekers kind of work in that role. I was going to say summoning class but mystics kind of fill that role too.

Yes a new mechanic would have to be added. I think a mechanic where you get slightly more powerful the more mobs/players you kill might be interesting. Kind of like with sparking except the guage for it will replace the chi bar and you can't release it. Also all skill attacks would deplete this bar by a certain amount instead of using mag and would likely be very costly to balance chi/mag use. Basically it will start off in squads as the weak link but will become the most powerful in squad by the time they reach boss. Provided he/she stays alive ofc.

If you dont remember before the TB expansion.. The TB area was added to the bottom of the map.. that area wasnt shown on the map..

before TB

After TB

the map still has more land to the west and up north..
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    well see you in 6 months when i log in to see the last 12 players waiting for a rare lol mount that is actually a chinese fortune cookie with fried rice falling out its ***.peace out pwi.love you players hate the system.

OMG!--

Sweetiebot give Artigel - Heavens Tear 5 points for making me laugh hard.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ponyduck wrote: »
    Sweetiebot give Artigel - Heavens Tear 5 points for making me laugh hard.
    ponyduck awards 5 points to Artigel - Heavens Tear!
    Artigel - Heavens Tear now has a total of 5 points and is in 38th place.
    ponyduck can still award another 25 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

edited March 2013
    Sweetiebot remove 2 points Artigel - Heavens Tear for hating
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Sweetiebot remove 2 points Artigel - Heavens Tear for hating
    You haven't said if points A and B are physical or imaginary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sweetiebot remove 10 points from SweetieBot - Lothranis for not letting me vote for myself.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Sweetiebot remove 10 points from SweetieBot - Lothranis for not letting me vote for myself.
    You can't remove more than 2 points per request.
    Longknife - Harshlands removes 2 points from SweetieBot - Lothranis!
    SweetieBot - Lothranis now has a total of 66 points and is in 3rd place.
    Longknife - Harshlands can still remove another 3 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited March 2013

So what you are saying is that you want another empty part of the map in this game?Look at raging tides now since nirvana basically got crushed,it's basicly empty.Look at tellus it's the same as well,beautifully created land for the map and not worth a damn.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You haven't been in PWI long enough to know the complications the game is having each time a new class released, the original classes were from human, untamed, and winged elves. The release of tideborn made alot of people quit, because sin and psy became OP.

You also asking the wrong person for new classes, PWI is the publisher, and Wanmei is the creator of the game.

Can't be serious... no wait...
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    IMO, all that's left is to fill out the proficiencies that aren't given enough play by other classes.

To that end: if we must have new classes, I would suggest a spear user and a fire caster. BMs do use spears but let's face it, not often. Seekers brought swords back into relevance, to an extent... so it makes sense to me that the next physical class would be a spear user. Likewise, fire is an element used only on wizards as a primary proficiency... you could say that archers, venos, mystics, BMs and even barbs technically do fire damage, but ehh. Psychics use water/earth, venos and mystics cover wood, and clerics cover metal (along with archers, seekers and the storm mistress pet as secondary users). Makes sense to me to use a fire-based caster.

The only real flaw with this is that we probably need a LA caster, seeing as we have so many AA classes as it is. That would imply that the caster requires dex to function, and it'd be hard to make that work. You could give them bows, but somehow I doubt that would end well. :P

But again, this is assuming we ever get new classes as it is... which in the end, I'm not sure our devs would be able to do properly. Descent and Sirens were good expansions, but I'm still not sure if Genesis was done by the same team or if it was done by the morons who made Rising Tide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    b:tired Ugh, not this again...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    >New Classes
    OP, pls go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you dont remember before the TB expansion.. The TB area was added to the bottom of the map.. that area wasnt shown on the map..

before TB

After TB

the map still has more land to the west and up north..

Oh I knew, and I also remember what a pain it was to auto fly down there from anyplace SW of Etherblade. The map is a rectangle again and given the state of the game they really shouldn't mess that up unless they have something big planned.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    IMO, all that's left is to fill out the proficiencies that aren't given enough play by other classes.

To that end: if we must have new classes, I would suggest a spear user and a fire caster. BMs do use spears but let's face it, not often. Seekers brought swords back into relevance, to an extent... so it makes sense to me that the next physical class would be a spear user. Likewise, fire is an element used only on wizards as a primary proficiency... you could say that archers, venos, mystics, BMs and even barbs technically do fire damage, but ehh. Psychics use water/earth, venos and mystics cover wood, and clerics cover metal (along with archers, seekers and the storm mistress pet as secondary users). Makes sense to me to use a fire-based caster.

The only real flaw with this is that we probably need a LA caster, seeing as we have so many AA classes as it is. That would imply that the caster requires dex to function, and it'd be hard to make that work. You could give them bows, but somehow I doubt that would end well. :P

But again, this is assuming we ever get new classes as it is... which in the end, I'm not sure our devs would be able to do properly. Descent and Sirens were good expansions, but I'm still not sure if Genesis was done by the same team or if it was done by the morons who made Rising Tide.

Id like to point out, as far as variety added to any class... my own suggestion from the suggestion forums... b:cute This alone would give more options without adding any new classes...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i want 10 toons on an account per server

This. Larger accounts (preferably mergable account now but I see the flaws in that) before we start adding more classes. We already have to spread our chars out across 2 accounts if we want to play all classes.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Would love to see some balanced new classes released next expansion after this content patch being pushed out soon. Warlock, Bard, Vampire, Marksman, etc. Think it would be pretty cool to have more classes. If the game's code is really limited to 10 classes only, that would suck. I've got all classes 100+ minus an Archer. Would be a shame if I couldn't level any new classes, haha.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Would love to see some balanced new classes released next expansion after this content patch being pushed out soon. Warlock, Bard, Vampire, Marksman, etc. Think it would be pretty cool to have more classes. If the game's code is really limited to 10 classes only, that would suck. I've got all classes 100+ minus an Archer. Would be a shame if I couldn't level any new classes, haha.

Or you could just go play FW where they have said classes. Don't make PW into something it's not please.

EDIT: And in reply to the actual question. No new classes. Only so many classes you can make before they all start looking the same and having the same skills. And no it would not attract new players. Like said before, the only people playing them would be people's alts that they just powerlevel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]