Pondering!!!

Slewdem - Dreamweaver
Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Blademaster
Seriously thinking about jus putting 60 dex an pump everything else into strength... I know will miss like crazy but just curious on what damage would be like with 600+ strength
Bahamas represent
Post edited by Slewdem - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you move 140 dex over to strength you'll have about 93% more weapon damage (your weapons attack, not your overall phys attack). Most BMs have about 3.3 damage multipliers, you would have have roughly 4.2 damage multipliers with the extra 140 strength so 27% more dph when auto attacking.

However, most skills have a set damage add-on that make up a chunk of your dd so if you're using skills it's probably more like 12-18% more dph.

And sparks don't multiply strength, so if you started with 4.2 damage multiplier and they started with 3.3 your 500% damage would be only 11% more dph when sparked from 140 strength, and again less if using skills.

And you'd lose 7% crit and mass amounts of accuracy.

Here are some recent topics discussing adding more than 200 dex for pvp, or use of amber shards instead of garnets:
    Do we need more dex? Discusses the growth of archers and sins to having 600-700 dex and mass evasion (especially archers with Wings of Protection adding 40-50% more evasion). Talks about 60-100 dex based casters with Emperor tome. Talks about whether use of fists in PvP is practical, at the very least for chi building.

Dex vs Amber shards. Discusses keeping 200 dex base on a PvE aspect, but increasing chance to stun while using Drake's Bash and HF in a PvP setup since missing a stun on a sin or archer sucks. Also, missing an HF is worse than not having a garnet.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My reflexive response is - don't do it slew!!! I'm actually planning to stat up 287 dex for an advanced purge bow after getting a L9 tome. On the other hand if all you are focusing on are casters, and just use our now-plentiful 100% acc skills on sins/archers, pure str may not be as bad.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My reflexive response is - don't do it slew!!! I'm actually planning to stat up 287 dex for an advanced purge bow after getting a L9 tome. On the other hand if all you are focusing on are casters, and just use our now-plentiful 100% acc skills on sins/archers, pure str may not be as bad.

I was considering bumping up to 300 dex a while ago but since getting the r9t3 axes I've decided against it. 300 dex would increase accuracy and I would hardly lose any dps when permasparked, only thing really hit would be my axe aoes and axe dph. One of my ideas was the same as yours, that I can then use my archer/sins advanced purge bow instead of my purge pole.

But the purge pole attack rate is so much faster, and the purge proc is similar rates (something like 9% for Soul Shatter and 12% for Spirit Blackhole) that I think I'd actually purge more often with the Monarch Spear than with a G15 bow, or at least very very similar rates. So I decided not to do it.

Not saying you shouldn't, just consider (.67 aps bow + your gear) vs (1 aps spear +your gear) and the already narrow difference between purge and advanced purge.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide
    Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well ive tryed that on my r9rr bm alltho i had only 69 dex with gear on... was a fun try and from my experience heres a few tyings i noticed... okay u do have 4 100% accurate skills which hit brick tons for an example my axes +10 refine at that time i had like 650 str hf+ sage aeolian to a r9 barb 25k hit zerking non spark... then flame tsunami 24 k to a r9rr archer .. so yeah neat dmg... the only problem was even with ambers and accuracy rings any att that wasnt 100% didnt EVER hit on sin nor archer.. and even on lower dex classes barbs bm's u cuddnt hit att all ... nothing more frustrating than stun hit missing tyen hf missing.... so i wud suggest not go that way... i restatted to 130 dex with gear and still have 605 str which still hits damn lot but now i can actually hit ppl b:cute just my 2 cents on this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY Silvy for Epic Sig <3
    - Sage BM 0.87aps and loving it <3
    youtube.com/channel/UCaZIAPCmpfzSc1ly3mbhjdg
    pwcalc.com/ec23068c36b42d0d somewhere close
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not saying you shouldn't, just consider (.67 aps bow + your gear) vs (1 aps spear +your gear) and the already narrow difference between purge and advanced purge.

I didn't know the proc rate delta was so low. I'd like an adv purge spear or better, an axe for aoe's but when I chose my r8 weapon, the sword was the most cost-effective to round out my armory. At the very least I'd use aps gear with the bow, and it does have a range advantage... I'll try it sometime down the road.