Morai Skills...Choices, Choices!

Options
SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Wizard
Arcane Defense, Sand Miasma, Ice Prison!

Wizzies, in your opinion, what order would a new wizard obtain these skills?

Gear will be:

G16 +5 flawless garnets > +10 exlcusives

Weapon (lonnggg term r999)

I was thinking Arcane Defense first because it's godmode vs APS'ers and very liekly to save you in certain situations.

Wasn't too sure on the other 2, but currently was valuing Ice Prison over miasma because I seem to like noticeable skills + a freeze/amp in one is nice ^^
Post edited by SinFulGodX - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If you don't have purify proc, I think you are right to get AD first. Ice prison is fantastic, and would definitely be my next skill if I were in your spot.. and miasma is good but behind the other two imo. Basically exactly what you were thinking :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If you don't have purify proc, I think you are right to get AD first. Ice prison is fantastic, and would definitely be my next skill if I were in your spot.. and miasma is good but behind the other two imo. Basically exactly what you were thinking :P

I will follow this one,
    (bcoz Im sage wiz too)
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    How is ice prison good?
    Please explain this to me.

b:thanks
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Options
    How is ice prison good?

• _Raido - Archosaur
    _Raido - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    How is ice prison good?

It's good if you can think of situations to use it.
    Tactical Reversion>DS>IcePrison usually can destroy some enemies, but I like to combine it with EP for +150% Damage.b:shocked

If a sin has Reversion on them and they stealthed, it's also a good time to use it as no matter what they do they'll get destealthed.

The above situation also works if you can do it to an Archer.

If you're getting ganked by melee classes it helps if you have an excess of sparks.

If you were getting morai skills I'd say to get Arcane Defense first, Reversions second, Miasma next, and Ice Prison last. APS sins were annoying to fight pre-defence.
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options

Sweet :o I'll stick with this then.

BTW, does Miasma's effect seem noticeable fighting sins/archers?
    It's good if you can think of situations to use it.
    Tactical Reversion>DS>IcePrison usually can destroy some enemies, but I like to combine it with EP for +150% Damage.

If a sin has Reversion on them and they stealthed, it's also a good time to use it as no matter what they do they'll get destealthed.

The above situation also works if you can do it to an Archer.

If you're getting ganked by melee classes it helps if you have an excess of sparks.

If you were getting morai skills I'd say to get Arcane Defense first, Reversions second, Miasma next, and Ice Prison last. APS sins were annoying to fight pre-defence.

I have already gotten both basic reversions(they're tradeable) from a friend in Lumi, and bought Mortal(AEU) reversion. [WTB Tactical Reversion on sanc b:kiss].

Why do you recomend Miasma over Prison?

I can think of so many uses for Prison and have seen so many more from watching Adroit. Likeeeee locking sins about to stealth with tactical>prison, locking multiple melees ganking, and a massive amp on demand to stack with sutra+fire+spark.

Miasma seems less sueful being a small %chance to not take a crit.
  • _Raido - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sweet :o I'll stick with this then.

BTW, does Miasma's effect seem noticeable fighting sins/archers?

I have already gotten both basic reversions(they're tradeable) from a friend in Lumi, and bought Mortal(AEU) reversion. [WTB Tactical Reversion on sanc b:kiss].

Why do you recomend Miasma over Prison?

I can think of so many uses for Prison and have seen so many more from watching Adroit. Likeeeee locking sins about to stealth with tactical>prison, locking multiple melees ganking, and a massive amp on demand to stack with sutra+fire+spark.

Miasma seems less sueful being a small %chance to not take a crit.

Critrate reduction is always nice.
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Critrate reduction is always nice.

Idk, ofc its useful, but... Its so passive and "un-noticeable" while also being a more-so "boring" passive effect.

Ice prison is active, noticeable, and has a wide variety of uses. I was jut wondering what about Sand Miasma would make you value it OVER Prison because I agree both are useful, what makes Miasma MORE useful ^^.
  • _Raido - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Idk, ofc its useful, but... Its so passive and "un-noticeable" while also being a more-so "boring" passive effect.

Ice prison is active, noticeable, and has a wide variety of uses. I was jut wondering what about Sand Miasma would make you value it OVER Prison because I agree both are useful, what makes Miasma MORE useful ^^.

Sure then, but let me know if R9S3 Archers are hitting you crit after crit.
    b:shockedb:cry
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sure then, but let me know if R9S3 Archers are hitting you crit after crit.
    b:shockedb:cry

Its a 5% crit reduction...

Not going to make a difference with R9.3 Archers who have 60% crit BASE or possibly higher.

I do not intend to last while being hit by archers with those gear either as my goal is G16 +5 to eventually +10 gears. I doubt Miasma will be very helpful living against such overpowering gear x.x.

I'm not saying its useless, but rather, I'm asking why YOU consider it more vluable than Ice Prison.

You haven't once explained your reasoning besides "get crit less" compare it to Prison for a better arguement please.
  • _Raido - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Maybe because i use the buff much more than I use ice prison?
    Personal preference?

You asked for the best order, so I gave you the one that was the best in my opinion.
    You can clearly the see the skill descriptions, right?

If you PvP a lot, you should know that crit reduction will reduce the damage coming from all sources. I don't use ice prison all too often but I do sometimes.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You really never know if miasma works, it doesn't show a resist or something when it blocks a crit.. so I don't really find it noticeable. I'm sure it has saved me several times in the past, but never really know when it does. TBH I don't feel like I take less crits, I just assume it works and keep myself buffed with it all the time. Even though taking crits less is a good thing, I still think Ice Prison is amazing (for the same reasons I've said in the past) and would get it before miasma if I were in your shoes. Being able to hold someone or some people in place for 12 seconds with a 30% amp is just too good to pass up.
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You really never know if miasma works, it doesn't show a resist or something when it blocks a crit.. so I don't really find it noticeable. I'm sure it has saved me several times in the past, but never really know when it does. TBH I don't feel like I take less crits, I just assume it works and keep myself buffed with it all the time. Even though taking crits less is a good thing, I still think Ice Prison is amazing (for the same reasons I've said in the past) and would get it before miasma if I were in your shoes. Being able to hold someone or some people in place for 12 seconds with a 30% amp is just too good to pass up.

This is exactly what I think. Prison just feels powerful as a LONG immobilize AND amp. Miasna just seems lackluster because you don't feel the effect. Its a small critrate reduction. Honestly its not even possible to verify its working.

Btw with r9.3 weapon... does Arcane Defense ever save you?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This is exactly what I think. Prison just feels powerful as a LONG immobilize AND amp. Miasna just seems lackluster because you don't feel the effect. Its a small critrate reduction. Honestly its not even possible to verify its working.

Btw with r9.3 weapon... does Arcane Defense ever save you?

Well arcane defense still helps, probably saves me every once in a while. It's nice in NW and stuff where some noob will auto atk me and purify + blink me out of trouble.. and actually really nice against purge poles, most bms or w/e will auto atk me and continuously blink me out of their range.. so that is a nice thing. There are also some funny cases when I pk around silver pool or w/e where I'll get stunned and some mob will aggro and proc arcane defense. I keep myself buffed with it most of the time, but it probably goes unproc'd a majority of the time.
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Well arcane defense still helps, probably saves me every once in a while. It's nice in NW and stuff where some noob will auto atk me and purify + blink me out of trouble.. and actually really nice against purge poles, most bms or w/e will auto atk me and continuously blink me out of their range.. so that is a nice thing. There are also some funny cases when I pk around silver pool or w/e where I'll get stunned and some mob will aggro and proc arcane defense. I keep myself buffed with it most of the time, but it probably goes unproc'd a majority of the time.

Ahhh ok so atleast still useful in a way xD.

QQ so bored leveling my wizzyyyy :S Almost 89