what's the economy like now?

Amehlea - Sanctuary
Amehlea - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
Hey guys/girls I haven't played for about 2 years now I wanted to know what the economy is like.

the coin to gold exchange
the raw materials
etc..
I would truly appreciate the heads up while patching.
Post edited by Amehlea - Sanctuary on

Comments

• darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Since Cash games also have the advantage of you spending several hours with the same opponents, it is easy to pick when a player is either exhausted or frustrated. This is the stage when you can make as much profit as possible from your opponents. If it
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The economy is...

The ecomony is....

Outrageous?

Oh sweet merciful Gog, i cant even begin to describe it.

Some Help Please.

Edit: Oh **** this is for sanctuary :3, did not noticed, silly me b:chuckle
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Outrageous?
    Oh sweet merciful Gog, i cant even begin to describe it.
    Some Help Please.
    There's an image for outrageous o-o
    And yeah, it..... it's bad. And I have no faith that in the month I've been offline it's done anything but gotten worse. The prices from when you would have been around probabily sound like dreams to the people you'd mention them to 'xD
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    From my understanding, it's dependent on the server. However, two things are certain:

1) Most DQ stuff are worthless (if it's not 81+, it sells for 1 coin--some BS story about coin botters in China. So if you wanna blame anyone, blame China)

2) Nation Wars is supposedly fun, but now you can get a full set of G16 nirvana for 1/10 the price that first forge nirvana used to be.

This is just me though, and the second point may not be for all servers.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The economy sucks, as always~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    so patching is utterly pointless then ?
    I would assume Gold is still in the 3.5-400k ?
    I np dq anyway Herc and phoenix packs are up to what now ?
    I am a veno I always hated the darn Herc but if I play no one will party with my without one right? so perhaps it's fully time to move on?
  • DoggyStylin - Sanctuary
    DoggyStylin - Sanctuary Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am a veno I always hated the darn Herc but if I play no one will party with my without one right? so perhaps it's fully time to move on?

Gold is going for roughly 1.4m so yea....
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Gold is going for roughly 1.4m so yea....

WHAT???????????? when i started playing it cost about 95K a gold
    then when the crazy anniversary packs hit the game for the first time it's sky rocketed to 236k
    and about a year ago it was at about 3.5 to 400k and now you tell me that it's 1.4m woahhhh honestly wow...
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha. We wish!

Add a mil to that and you're at our current "whoa gold prices are a lot cheaper now than in a long time" area.
    Hercs and phoenixes (pets in general, really) are less of a major factor now than they used to be. For PvE it doesn't really matter to anyone as amp/purge are what you'll be brought along for anyways. In PvP pets are 1-shots that you use for support utility instead of actual damage.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    you people are crazy for continuing to play I was patching and now after 1 hr of patching am not sure i even want to to step in game all my stuff all the money I spent in this game it's pretty sad to get screwed over this way.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    you people are crazy for continuing to play I was patching and now after 1 hr of patching am not sure i even want to to step in game all my stuff all the money I spent in this game it's pretty sad to get screwed over this way.

Hey hey!
    I don't still play xD I just really like the forum community in off-topic so hang around.

But yeah, even aside from the economy, it's a completily different game than it used to be. Like... you had the game, and then you had it's shadow, and then you have a.. whatever's after shadow. If the economy alone would chase you away then what's happened to the game itself, I don't even...
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is so fkn easy to make coin in this game now it is not even funny. I do not understand how people still complain.

My 93 veno made 10 mil in nw on sunday.

10 mil in 2 hours.

twice a week thats 20 mil every weekend.

so easy.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    It is so fkn easy to make coin in this game now it is not even funny. I do not understand how people still complain.

10 mil in 2 hours.

so easy.

LOL congratulations you made enough for 14 gold lol haha
    back when I played 20m = 57 gold yahh so easy lol your funny
    at best 1gold for 200k = 5 gold per million
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2013

You haven't played in 2 years, so for you it would be more akin to stepping into a new game with a slightly familiar character of medium level, so at least you get to skip the truly newb stuff.

To assume the economy is in any way similar to 2 years ago is impossible O.o that's 2 years of updates and additions you haven't experienced which have had a dramatic effect on the way people farm and sell items, and what their worth is.

I would actually say that if you did return to the game, you are one of the categories of people who in the long term will be the least screwed over. Firstly you've already made it passed the levels were the dq were nerfed, secondly as a veno you don't have to feel obligated to getting a herc or nix, as other people have mentioned. Thirdly, since you have most likely not crafted any Nirvana/Lunar armor/weapons you have actually entered a time when such high level equipment is easy to farm/purchase for what would probably work out to be 1/4 or less the price what it would have been should you have played even 9 months ago. Pretty much all the equipment you could want has lowered in price, and you can find some well developed lowerlevel weapons/armor for a fraction of the price it would have cost a year ago. The speed to which you are able to get your gear is limited only by your willingness to participate in highly frustrating events that yield a high reward should you win. Finally, you could not possibly rejoin at a better time to level (fccs in your range are fairly common), and if you want to limit your play time, you can farm for coins easily in NationWars twice a week.

The down side mainly being people don't do many BHs lower than 100, TT mats have, in many cases, tanked in value, few people farm anything outside of 2x, and Nirvana dungeon is obsolete (which doesn't really effect you being under 100, but it's an experience you probably won't ever have).

If you can get over the fact that PW isn't the same game you left 2 years ago, you might actually enjoy it.
  • NOObPWnAgEi - Lost City
    NOObPWnAgEi - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i havent played in 2 years too if its not way over 2 years. the post above me is making me consider going back into the game, who knows. if its true that you can get that kind of equipment for the price, then anyone can farm their way up very quickly.

whats the highest equipment now? and whats nationwars? is there a guide or something?
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i havent played in 2 years too if its not way over 2 years. the post above me is making me consider going back into the game, who knows. if its true that you can get that kind of equipment for the price, then anyone can farm their way up very quickly.

whats the highest equipment now? and whats nationwars? is there a guide or something?

The highest equipment is basically g16, which can be made from 2nd cast Vana/Lunar + Basic Badges + weapon/armor molds that bind on equip (can't be traded) and can be farmed from Warsong and Lunar.
    OR
    You can go Rank9, which now has 2 recasts; for Rank9 3rd cast you also need gear molds from Warsong/Lunar.
    Normally I suggest g16 because it's cheaper XD

NationWars is the biggest update to PW we have had in a long time. There is a subthread for NW in the PvP section of the forums.
    Basically you're put in 1 of 4 orders and you do 20v20 capture the flag battles to defend/gain land on the map for 2 hours. Then the orders are ranked 1-4 and you get reward tokens proportional to your participation in relation to what rank your order came in. Then you can turn the tokens into items to use or to sell in order to make gear. The better you can DD or tank the more contribution you make, the more tokens you'll receive. This is probably the majority way a lot of people make money outside of 2x farming.

I won't try to kid you though, it can be extremely frustrating, and depending on your timezone it could start very very early in the morning. It runs on Friday and Sunday only. Naturally as all levels are thrown into battle together, the lower level you are and the lower gear you have the harder time you will have, but in some cases that in itself is motivation to improve. There are updates coming to the NW map that should make it less frustrating in the future, and I'm looking forward to it a lot XD.

Either way, thanks to NW, cannies/raps have dropped so low in price to render the old way of farming them obsolete, so even if you can't attend NW or don't wish to for some reason, using any older method of farming (tt, herbs, world mats etc etc) to get coins to buy them may take longer comparatively, but over all will take a dramatically shorter amount of time and will be much MUCH cheaper than prior to NW.
  • NOObPWnAgEi - Lost City
    NOObPWnAgEi - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The highest equipment is basically g16, which can be made from 2nd cast Vana/Lunar + Basic Badges + weapon/armor molds that bind on equip (can't be traded) and can be farmed from Warsong and Lunar.
    OR
    You can go Rank9, which now has 2 recasts; for Rank9 3rd cast you also need gear molds from Warsong/Lunar.
    Normally I suggest g16 because it's cheaper XD

NationWars is the biggest update to PW we have had in a long time. There is a subthread for NW in the PvP section of the forums.
    Basically you're put in 1 of 4 orders and you do 20v20 capture the flag battles to defend/gain land on the map for 2 hours. Then the orders are ranked 1-4 and you get reward tokens proportional to your participation in relation to what rank your order came in. Then you can turn the tokens into items to use or to sell in order to make gear. The better you can DD or tank the more contribution you make, the more tokens you'll receive. This is probably the majority way a lot of people make money outside of 2x farming.

I won't try to kid you though, it can be extremely frustrating, and depending on your timezone it could start very very early in the morning. It runs on Friday and Sunday only. Naturally as all levels are thrown into battle together, the lower level you are and the lower gear you have the harder time you will have, but in some cases that in itself is motivation to improve. There are updates coming to the NW map that should make it less frustrating in the future, and I'm looking forward to it a lot XD.

Either way, thanks to NW, cannies/raps have dropped so low in price to render the old way of farming them obsolete, so even if you can't attend NW or don't wish to for some reason, using any older method of farming (tt, herbs, world mats etc etc) to get coins to buy them may take longer comparatively, but over all will take a dramatically shorter amount of time and will be much MUCH cheaper than prior to NW.

thats nice, seems alot easier to work your way up nowadays (without putting money into the game) than back then, so people can get nirvana gear in much less time now. might start downloading the game soon.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To me a game is fun. I have played single player games my whole life, i always "farmed" things, because there was no other option possible. In pwi, it hurts a bit to see the economy in its state, but if you farm the gear, or merchant, or just spend money, the game is still fun.

I have short term and long term goals. They keep me occupied. For the longest time i always wanted to pull lunar, now i can do it on my 7.7k hp bm. It takes me 2~3 pulls in the first two valley, and about 4~5 in the last one, but i can do it safely now.

I am always excited when i reach new gear goals.

The game is only as challenging and fun as you make it, and the company you keep. I have met amazing people and friends here along with 99% of the world douch***** b:chuckle.

If you take the game seriously, that requires a different mindset and different sort of fun.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    its nice without having aps elitist and caster getting all the cunnies and rapture.

cos for some reason NOT every melee wish to go aps to farm.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2013

10 mil in 2 hours.

so easy.

It sounds like you hit close to the 100 token mark considering sancs prices. For a lv93 veno I'm going to assume you hit lucky and got in a winning nation.

Assuming you're going to get in a winning nation and score well every weekend twice a week is amusing. I've seen nations so badly landlocked decent players on 10k credits barely got 30 tokens. Others have never been in a winning nation from sheer bad luck. Also amusing is assuming cannies are going to sell for current prices forever, they've been dropping steadily by the week. And also amusing yet again is assuming everyone has nothing but free time for playing computer games on the specific times we've been given for nw.

Try again.
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    So what should i do? play from where i am and forget about the economy and the difficulties I am going to have to try to advance in game or move on to another server less corrupt and hope for the Best?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    So what should i do? play from where i am and forget about the economy and the difficulties I am going to have to try to advance in game or move on to another server less corrupt and hope for the Best?

Personally, at your level, just stay where you are, find a good faction, and don't worry about PvP. Play it casual. The game is still enjoyable if you ignore the majority of the community and stick to your faction and friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013

New content update is bringing a make over to venos and barbs, venos pets can have 5 skills now and get bonuses off of you like the way mystic pet works, and there are a BUNCH of new pets coming, including Hercules/Phoenix/Derjan's Hatchling(at 101 only) 2.0 And a 3 tailed fox form for venos(at 100). But until we get those, expect pets to be next to useless...in NW, phoenix gets devoured by 1-4 hits instantly. Not worth using unless you enjoy reviving it every.....1 min? But don't expect the new pet system to make them formidable. At our level of power already, the only thing that can stand a hit from G16/R9 are other G16/R9 players. Anything below dies instantly. And as someone else said you'll only be taken to squads for amplify and purge, pet skills are meaningless with 5aps insta-killing everything.