Lowbies have given up on NW

soundslegit
soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Nation Wars
Deleted

Changed my mind, new NW map is great for lowbies, come back its ok now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by soundslegit on

Comments

• Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hehehe

There are still lowbies going in, the thing is, we all dissaspear before we get a chance to fight XD.

Myself, i go in NW, get slaughtered like infinity plus one times, get like 19-50 tokens and get the hell out of there :3

No charms , except for some hp-mp apo's that i do myself :3

But still, as you say, i've seen a trend of strong peeps getting stronger.

b:cry why i am so squishy TT_TT
  • RalDrizeyl - Heavens Tear
    RalDrizeyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lowbies still play NW. They're the people making the OP geared people QQ. All the OP geared people who QQ about the lowbies need to start playing NW right instead of PKing each other while some low geared wiz runs by with the flag and scores. b:laugh
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Charm is not mandatory in NW. Personally (101 g16 caster) I think i'd skip it if I decide to focus on making profit (or equip only if i see i'm on a winning nation) since on average i make ~70 tokens (50-110 depending on nation). Note that I said "if I decide to focus on making profit" since NW is amazing fun and you get the opportunity to enjoy it in any gear level if you don't rage when you get oneshotted. Just deal with it and move on.

Now as a lowbie with average gear, a charm is probably a total waste unless you are a barb and get points by losing hp. As a dd you can hope to sneak up and deal some damage. Not sure how you expect to pwn r8, should I assume that you are one of those h&t sins that try to aps me without even stunning and they rage when i just one-shot them?

All in all, I'd glady pay for NW, let alone do it with my charm expenses covered too, let alone make some profit in the way. If you want to maximize your profit, skip the charm till you are not an one-shot to the vast majority.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Technically no one lower than tt99 gear should go to NW, all you are is points to op people otherwise and don't have a good chance of getting enough contrib to compensate you for your effort.
    I don't actually believe that gear alone should limit your participation, but from experience, unless you are unusually high HP/DD for your level it would be better to concentrate your time on getting better gear and higher level instead of going to NW.

Charms are dumb and I no longer use them for events like NW. If you're 1 or 2 or 3 shot by any char, especially archers, all it is is a waste. You can maximize your profit by using divine pots instead of charms.
    Either way, repeated death has the benefit of enabling you to join more wars, sacrificing "quality" of battles for "quantity" of battles (never return to the land you were in, always go to a new one or start a new battle on inactive land), which I think is a strategy that will only improve upon the upcoming NW map update that should make base-locking more difficult. I've tried both quality and quantity battle techniques, and right now quality only out-does quantity because I often end up in perma-baselocked nations, which limits the amount of battles I can enter regardless of how many times I die.

One thing a lowbie could do to improve your NW score would be to enter more battles that have no/little chance of opposition defense. You can probably get a guaranteed 30+ contrib and the benefit of a secure win. Can sometimes take practice, but as a lowbie maximizing the win/loss ratio in your favour can be essential to actually getting a reward from NW, because it often seems that less than 3k worth of contrib has a high chance of receiving no tokens at all.
  • soundslegit
    edited March 2013
    You can tell whose under 100 by the diamond shaped buff icon they get from the Overseer's Blessing. I can tell there are fewer lowbies from that so don't argue this please. On my server we went from around 250 in each nation to around 180 now its a big drop.

If your total HP is low free divine pots or cheap crab meat is enough. But I have 9K HP on my seeker and NWing without a charm really affects how many tokens I get. On my first NW I made 21M coin from just 2K credits. Stuff like that made it fun NW paid for all my R8r gear and all my sage skills I have most of them now. It was cool.

I never tried the strategy of maximizing the number of battles you enter not really sure if thats good for me I average 5K credits right now.

For me its not fun if my kill/die ratio is under 50%. For a while I was doing good but now I'm back under 50% because its all R9s. QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Technically no one lower than tt99 gear should go to NW, all you are is points to op people otherwise and don't have a good chance of getting enough contrib to compensate you for your effort.
    I don't actually believe that gear alone should limit your participation, but from experience, unless you are unusually high HP/DD for your level it would be better to concentrate your time on getting better gear and higher level instead of going to NW.

Charms are dumb and I no longer use them for events like NW. If you're 1 or 2 or 3 shot by any char, especially archers, all it is is a waste. You can maximize your profit by using divine pots instead of charms.
    Either way, repeated death has the benefit of enabling you to join more wars, sacrificing "quality" of battles for "quantity" of battles (never return to the land you were in, always go to a new one or start a new battle on inactive land), which I think is a strategy that will only improve upon the upcoming NW map update that should make base-locking more difficult. I've tried both quality and quantity battle techniques, and right now quality only out-does quantity because I often end up in perma-baselocked nations, which limits the amount of battles I can enter regardless of how many times I die.

One thing a lowbie could do to improve your NW score would be to enter more battles that have no/little chance of opposition defense. You can probably get a guaranteed 30+ contrib and the benefit of a secure win. Can sometimes take practice, but as a lowbie maximizing the win/loss ratio in your favour can be essential to actually getting a reward from NW, because it often seems that less than 3k worth of contrib has a high chance of receiving no tokens at all.

I have to disagree with you. I've been going to NW regularly since I was level 70 and it has always been worth going in (with the exception of one really bad night when we got base locked like 15 minutes in). In NW you gets points by taking damage as well as dealing. I know half my points comes from the damage I take. The worst score I've ever had was 1.6k and I still ended up with 30 tokens. I've also never ended up with 0 tokens. At first I used to trade the tokens for raps or cannies then sell them, now I'm hoarding them in my safe to use when I get 100+. I'm level 90 now and I average about 4k points per NW and depending on how well our nation does 30-100 tokens. By the time I'm level 100 I'm going to have a nice nest egg of tokens saved up.

I've had it happen more than once that while walking to another battle one has started on a land I'm crossing and I ended up alone with 20 of opponents. I don't even try to fight, in fact I purposely run to the people for them to kill me. The battle ended very quickly and because I took so much damage I get rank 1. If some op player wants to go crazy attacking me, I'm fine with it. They are giving me a better score by doing so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Might be a server thing, but R8r is far from being under-powered or under-geared. Played well even low refined regular R8 can earn 6K contri without too much effort, and score some pretty decent kills. It does sound like you are sticking around where you shouldn't be pretty much. But that is Sanc's server, maybe one of the others is different.

But as people noted, the variety of battles to choose from will definitely increase in the next update.
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Make Two NW, one for 70-99 and another for 100+, but that won't solve the problem either, because lvl 100 still gonna QQ about r9. >_>

Somehow... people just find the smallest things to QQ until their desires are met.

Lowbies should quit QQ and work on leveling and upgrading their gears, at least average to compete with r8. I went to NW with TT90 and r8 on my seeker +3 refines, came out with more tokens than my full T3 seeker friend, NW isn't all about fighting, it's strategy.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Make Two NW, one for 70-99 and another for 100+, but that won't solve the problem either, because lvl 100 still gonna QQ about r9. >_>

Somehow... people just find the smallest things to QQ until their desires are met.

Lowbies should quit QQ and work on leveling and upgrading their gears, at least average to compete with r8. I went to NW with TT90 and r8 on my seeker +3 refines, came out with more tokens than my full T3 seeker friend, NW isn't all about fighting, it's strategy.

It will be balanced b:thanks

on a more serious note, I go to NW as TT90+3/4 with a +5 Broad Land and regularly score over 50 tokens so I don't know what you're talking about. Just last war I saved at least 1 instance by holy pathing to flagger and locking him with stunning arrow-aim low-FA until backup got there a few sec later to finish the stunlock.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • burningsweetfire
    edited March 2013
    It will be balanced b:thanks

on a more serious note, I go to NW as TT90+3/4 with a +5 Broad Land and regularly score over 50 tokens so I don't know what you're talking about. Just last war I saved at least 1 instance by holy pathing to flagger and locking him with stunning arrow-aim low-FA until backup got there a few sec later to finish the stunlock.

From last week NW, friday I was using r8 +3 sword and got about 116 tokens (my friend got only like.. 80 or so), in the losing nation too. On sunday, my friend let me borrow his T3 sword only, because he's going on barb, and I manage to get 164 tokens (his barb full T3 too, got only around 110) in the 3rd place nation. We're in the same squad too and traveled as a pack.

As an archer, I can say you have a disadvantage for being squishy, but you get more points by being in battle time more often. As a seeker, I'm tanky in a way that everyone just target me, so my battle time in instances are higher, I even got more points than the person that cap the flag O_o.

I can say the tokens and points are a bit wonky and should be investigated more. One of my other friend switch to veno just because cleric suck in NW.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    I regularly go to NW on random lowbies and almost always get at least 4k or more as a personal score without having any sort of high-end gear compared to what I face. In fact, I often get higher or similar scores to the average geared 100s and up on my lowbies. While my higher leveled characters obviously will get a better score, the fact that my lowbies do better than most average players across the various servers says something in and of itself.

As long as you have skill and know what you're doing well enough, surviving and getting points on lower levels isn't really that difficult to do.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can say the tokens and points are a bit wonky and should be investigated more. One of my other friend switch to veno just because cleric suck in NW.

Then your other friend has no clue what he is doing. If he is running around healing/buffing, he might want to try actually dealing damage. In UV form my cleric made as much as my BM with much less gear and refine levels. It helps that it doesn't matter what gear level they face, they still do a minimum damage level thanks to their healing killing skills. Getting 1k+ contri is child's play with even a R8 +5 weapon, so my guess what he's doing wrong is the whole healing thing.

EDIT: That 1k in a battle, not whole NW.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Here are my few cents...

I rolled with my QQme faction for about maybe 3 or 4 NWs and in each NW we managed to pull off 1st or 2nd.

.... How?
    We were literally a squad of ten or more R9 / r9r / r9rr whom focused purely on capturing the flag (and killing anyone close enough). probably 19 out of 20 matches we facerolled because the other team did not stand a chance against our gears and communication, as all of us were in ventrillo. The rare match we faced competition was when we fought Vicious or other QQme. <-- Think 'The Unstoppable Force VS. The Immovable Object'

... Why did we do that?
    So our nation would win, we were all good at what we did and once we were all thrown together in a squad and moved to the same 1 or 2 neighboring battles... We practically secured a victory for our nation. We wanted to win, winning means a ridiculous amount of NW tokens.

I don't really like to roll like that in a squad anymore, it turns out to be no fun because there's nobody on the other team that could even tick our charms. In a 1v1 at least... That changes once you get the flag and a lucky guy stops you mid-way in a charger orb b:chuckle

But anyway... i find the amount of tokens you receive to be all just luck and gear.

Did you get on the #1 nation?
    Are you R8+3? Maybe T3+7? What about R9+10?

Atm, R9+5 and flawless citrines @ 22,266 HP Tiggy form, fully sagedb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • soundslegit
    edited March 2013
    I wish I hadn't mentioned tokens in my first post since the thread has become all about that. You make so little from tokens on archo I don't care that much about them. Its just that having fun in a game means things are hard to do but not too hard. Thats where the fun is. Getting rolled by R9rrr all the time is not fun. If I wanted that I'd PK in West.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i still make 10-20 mill without charms lol so doesnt really matter to me i also see plenty of other lowbies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2013

then i guess they shoudl amke nw 99+ not 60+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Maybe it is server specific (on german server the tokens priceis bottom low so almost noone do it for profit) but my lvl 60 NW farming barb is doing well (100 tokens average).

I am dualclienting at NW - using my main 102, R8r Mystic for fun (average 200 tokens) and switching to newbie barb everytime I have a spare moment (like flying from one side of battlefield to another or moving to another teritory) while my barb is just standing there on another teritory and getting points by being dmged by noobs trying to kill the afk, charmed barb with battle buff. xD Also sometimes if my main gets stuck for longer than a min I try to get flag on the barb and usually succesfully capture it even with people hitting me.
    (About the barb gear and HP: my mystic cant solo kill him when he is charmed - free daily charms - unless I use 3rd spark, so yeah, it is nice barb, 16k HP with battlefield buff)
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wish all the lowbies would give up. 20 v 11 battle, I end up as the only person chasing the flag carrier while getting flanked by 4 or 5 opponents. No idea where the other 19 ppl are b:cry This happens way too many times... I know they are lowbies cause of the 34 nation wars I've been in, I can count with both hands the number of people with lower than r9/g16 weapon that chased after the flag carrier... freaking useless b:angry
  • burningsweetfire
    edited March 2013
    I wish all the lowbies would give up. 20 v 11 battle, I end up as the only person chasing the flag carrier while getting flanked by 4 or 5 opponents. No idea where the other 19 ppl are b:cry This happens way too many times... I know they are lowbies cause of the 34 nation wars I've been in, I can count with both hands the number of people with lower than r9/g16 weapon that chased after the flag carrier... freaking useless b:angry

b:shocked Losing nation has the most lowbies or clueless peeps. It's also true they just stand around doing nothing and not even protecting the flag carrier or going for the flag carrier. Sorry to say, but NW is built for people who want to win and will do anything for it, nothing gonna change that because it's people personality. If you drop a bunch of money in a football field, wouldn't you beat up and fight dirty to get the most money?

I seen the population going to NW decreasing lately too, I don't see this as a problem, I get more tokens. Lol
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I still see a handful of lower levels trying NW, and even being fodder for those chasing after the flag carrier on their team. Some are alts taking up space, but admittedly, the r9+ mega teams make it hard for anyone to compete against them. But hey, they farmed, or spent a lot of money for it (or they bot the Hell out of herbs etc).

Personally even on my BM which is r8r, weapons, +10 deicides, and +5 warfog (or whatever they are called) dual axes, I still get between 6k and 11k contribution points. I am also not afraid to fight anyone regardless of level or their equipment, when protecting the flag carrier, or going after the opposing team's carrier. Most of the time I get in a stun then die in 1 or 2 hits, but it lets others in my nation attack. I'm purely a PvE player, and it shows.

Also I tend to be in no squad as by the time I get home from work, NW has already been going for 10 to 30 minutes, so its my BM buff only, unless a nice veno or cleric casts a buff on me, so I would still consider my BM a low level even at 101, simply because I don't feel a need to spend the money for r9, on a game that doesn't have a large influx of new players, but instead, a declining population.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If lowbies (what qualifies as lowbie btw?) have given up, that's too bad. I have several 7x-9x friends that consistently have fun and turn a nice profit in NW.

2 hours of capture the flag and penalty-free pvp twice a weekend with a good chance for rewards? Yes please.
  • Tulipia - Dreamweaver
    Tulipia - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just join battles I know my nation will win. 18 vs 2 anyone? >w>
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And there I see people complain in WC about being too many lowbies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have to disagree with you. I've been going to NW regularly since I was level 70 and it has always been worth going in (with the exception of one really bad night when we got base locked like 15 minutes in). In NW you gets points by taking damage as well as dealing. I know half my points comes from the damage I take. The worst score I've ever had was 1.6k and I still ended up with 30 tokens. I've also never ended up with 0 tokens. At first I used to trade the tokens for raps or cannies then sell them, now I'm hoarding them in my safe to use when I get 100+. I'm level 90 now and I average about 4k points per NW and depending on how well our nation does 30-100 tokens. By the time I'm level 100 I'm going to have a nice nest egg of tokens saved up.

I've had it happen more than once that while walking to another battle one has started on a land I'm crossing and I ended up alone with 20 of opponents. I don't even try to fight, in fact I purposely run to the people for them to kill me. The battle ended very quickly and because I took so much damage I get rank 1. If some op player wants to go crazy attacking me, I'm fine with it. They are giving me a better score by doing so.

Lol nice. GL in nation wars.
  • rikugx
    rikugx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    then i guess they shoudl amke nw 99+ not 60+

+over 9000

im still for 3 seperate NWs wich run at the same time
    60-99 , 100-105 and 100-105 R9 only
    that way all the r9 parties can REALLY compete each other couse as off now its like hitting the mole for most of these people, see popping up an enemy and 1 shot it, yay
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    rikugx wrote: »
    +over 9000

im still for 3 seperate NWs wich run at the same time
    60-99 , 100-105 and 100-105 R9 only
    that way all the r9 parties can REALLY compete each other couse as off now its like hitting the mole for most of these people, see popping up an enemy and 1 shot it, yay

Nah... unless my trauma ring alone counts as r9... I happen to like going against r9+ because they yield me the best personal contribution
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reddragoness3
    reddragoness3 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    honestly there is nothin much wrong with nation war thow i think the should have it segragated by lvl n gear imo.. cus honestly since alot of the money making this like hypering in frost has been taken away one of the top beign money makers for players ont his server ..only thing left is nation war to make it fair for every one lowbies should be either put in a sepret instance or go in on a different day they shouldnt be mixed in with high lvls .. n r9 's should be the same way ,, but thats just my oppinion cus some one that cant aford top of the line gear n that can aford to be a cash shopper as this server seems to be become or rather this game .. every time i turn around more n more things are being taken away .. most ppl cant stand up let alone kill someone that is R9 ya have to be r9 to kill an r9.. ;/ y cus now its bein made even harder to get things buy taken away stuff ppl use to get there gear is wat provents new player from wanting to join.. 90 of the pwi population is alts.. have to do soem thing inorder to bring things bk to live make it intreseting n worth while to play.. NW war is fun but its only fun if u can actualy stand a fightin chance insted of being 1 shotted all the time.. not complaining just statin a fac cat defend against some one that q1 hit urdead physically impossible to do so js for the record..b:surrender
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    honestly there is nothin much wrong with nation war thow i think the should have it segragated by lvl n gear imo.. cus honestly since alot of the money making this like hypering in frost has been taken away one of the top beign money makers for players ont his server ..only thing left is nation war to make it fair for every one lowbies should be either put in a sepret instance or go in on a different day they shouldnt be mixed in with high lvls .. n r9 's should be the same way ,, but thats just my oppinion cus some one that cant aford top of the line gear n that can aford to be a cash shopper as this server seems to be become or rather this game .. every time i turn around more n more things are being taken away .. most ppl cant stand up let alone kill someone that is R9 ya have to be r9 to kill an r9.. ;/ y cus now its bein made even harder to get things buy taken away stuff ppl use to get there gear is wat provents new player from wanting to join.. 90 of the pwi population is alts.. have to do soem thing inorder to bring things bk to live make it intreseting n worth while to play.. NW war is fun but its only fun if u can actualy stand a fightin chance insted of being 1 shotted all the time.. not complaining just statin a fac cat defend against some one that q1 hit urdead physically impossible to do so js for the record..b:surrender

that wont do.
    most of those r9 player bouth those gear just to have easy kill on otthers
    its always been like that with gear advantage
    in lower lv i twas all about lv
    now that lv dont matter its about gear
    if you remove those easy kill from those ppl they are not gona attack other r9 they just gona quit
    they don twant a fair fight is all i am saying
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    SweetieBot give <VKnightV> -2 points (for best QQer on all counts)
    if out of subjects for QQ pm him...he has them ready to shout anytime any hour b:laugh
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    slamstone wrote: »
    SweetieBot give
    You.(5char)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451