Missed out.

Options

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    lol.

i wonder how many ppl who are asking for bans now would have joyfully exploited dreamchasers had they known before. of course there will be that one poster who will reply to me and be all "I always knew about it but just chose not to b/c I am a righteous person!!" and thats fine and all here is a rainbow flower for you b:flower you've earned it b:thanks

ofc jsut b/c other ppl would have done the same doesnt change at all whether an action was "ok(?)" to do or not, just thought it was funny b:chuckle

If I say me will they put it back so we can all abuse it? b:dirty
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    lol.

i wonder how many ppl who are asking for bans now would have joyfully exploited dreamchasers had they known before. of course there will be that one poster who will reply to me and be all "I always knew about it but just chose not to b/c I am a righteous person!!" and thats fine and all here is a rainbow flower for you b:flower you've earned it b:thanks

ofc jsut b/c other ppl would have done the same doesnt change at all whether an action was "ok(?)" to do or not, just thought it was funny b:chuckle

I did know about it (saw it on forum here), I was septic when I heard about it, cause when they released the pack I sent one on my psychic and for fun tried on my mystic it didn't work, so when I saw someone announce the glitch I did try to see if it was true of just a fake rumor and it worked, but I didn't abused it, do I regret that I didn't abused it, to be honest yes and no, not for the money cause it see to be a pain to npc all the gears, but when I see people with thousand of free tele and dolls that suck cause I need to buy mines.

I don't know why, but I was again to stupid and though ''in case they ban for it I won't abuse it''.... I don't know why I though that they never ban the huge abuses like that....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    stuff

for you b:heart
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Oo while i am afk all day people abuse PWI
    what has happened ?
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    for you b:heart
    b:flower
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    lol @ppl which really believe that someone will get punished for abusing a glitch. Or a bot program or whatever. On Lost City Server we have e.g. a smelly fish which bots for... more than a year? 24h per day. Exactly 100% on server know where this bot is, hundreds of ppl wasted their time and submitted tickets. Nothing ever happens.

GMs of this game hate it to do their job. No kidding. Even partents which sell their kids to next pedo seems to do this with more love. And yes, we ARE pissed. And yes, they don't care and just laugh. That's the way they are.
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    gyroki wrote: »
    lol @ppl which really believe that someone will get punished for abusing a glitch. Or a bot program or whatever. On Lost City Server we have e.g. a smelly fish which bots for... more than a year? 24h per day. Exactly 100% on server know where this bot is, hundreds of ppl wasted their time and submitted tickets. Nothing ever happens.

GMs of this game hate it to do their job. No kidding. Even partents which sell their kids to next pedo seems to do this with more love. And yes, we ARE pissed. And yes, they don't care and just laugh. That's the way they are.

I don't know who is this bot thou speak about.

So now change that % :3
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hope they all get banned. There's a few people I know that will allow me to have the greatest of lulz if they get banhammered. That, and it's a bit annoying to know that people can get things that people farmed or merchanted for without any real effort. It's essentially free, just takes times.

I volunteer for a 3 day ban for 1b coins.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Well if they do get banned I hope the people that did it on alts get banned as well. I know they're able to see which accounts have been logged on which IP as well as able to see which accounts traded which items to each other. It's probably time consuming, but if they're able to track down the abusers (and judging from Skai saying something will happen, they can) they should be able to get the IP addresses those accounts were logged onto then see every account that logs on from that IP, then view the in game logs or whatever and *poof* fully banned.

If I was running this mess that's what I'd do. b:cute

This method won't work if the said person just dropped coins on alts and picked it up with his main a minute later. It's possible but incredibly hard to check that lol
    PWI wouldn't bother with that at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I volunteer for a 3 day ban for 1b coins.

I bid 4 days. Pick me, pick me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If people really go through all that just to NPC gear... wow. Don't you have anything better to do with your time. rofl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This method won't work if the said person just dropped coins on alts and picked it up with his main a minute later. It's possible but incredibly hard to check that lol

Could they not still see which accounts were logged in from that IP? For them to be truly undetectable wouldn't they have to be able to login from two different places at once since you can't use a proxy?
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Could they not still see which accounts were logged in from that IP? For them to be truly undetectable wouldn't they have to be able to login from two different places at once since you can't use a proxy?

Sitting here in my office... I can remotely control enough computers that are physically located elsewhere to fill a squad.
    If people really go through all that just to NPC gear... wow. Don't you have anything better to do with your time. rofl

And here I am... with a pack sitting on my alt that I can't even be bothered to open. When I was opening the pack on my main... there was some serious anger build up at the pure stupidty of the process.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sitting here in my office... I can remotely control enough computers that are physically located elsewhere to fill a squad.

But do you think everyone that got a ton of packs is smart enough to do that? I wouldn't be shocked of a good majority had no clue how to do such a thing. Plus, even if you do if you'd need to make fresh accounts and only log them on at work, or else they'd be associated with the same IP as the account you actually play. So if they didn't have the thought to do that then it'd still be possible to trace the mains of the people that did it, even if the accounts were never logged on the same IP at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    But do you think everyone that got a ton of packs is smart enough to do that?

And yet... they are smart enough to figure out that you can glitch the packs... while the majority of the players have no clue... especially the ones that are crying about it now.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    And yet... they are smart enough to figure out that you can glitch the packs... while the majority of the players have no clue... especially the ones that are crying about it now.

I'd bet it was more a word of mouth thing rather than they actually figured it out. Someone either accidentally discovered it or decided to try it for whatever reason, it worked, they told two friends who told two friends, one of which blabbed to his faction, members of which told two friends and so on and so forth. Seems much more likely than most of the playerbase actually figuring it out, considering the type of people who play.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Here's the thing though.

What if there's 2 different players in the same college dorm using the same wireless?
    They would both give out the same IP address. Or maybe even two different computers in the same house owned by different family members/neighbors. And you can't really tell if those 2 accounts are the same person or different unless they access the hardware specifically..which pwi doesnt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Here's the thing though.

What if there's 2 different players in the same college dorm using the same wireless?
    They would both give out the same IP address. Or maybe even two different computers in the same house owned by different family members/neighbors. And you can't really tell if those 2 accounts are the same person or different unless they access the hardware specifically..which pwi doesnt

Got on skypes so that I may tell you something.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ooh ooh! Speculation time! Rollback? Ban? Virtual jail? A Pony block on the computers of the offenders? Um.. uh... I dunno, I'm out of ideas. Can I have some cake?

I vote virtual jail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I bid 4 days. Pick me, pick me.

1 week! I wonder, do I have to be able to log in game during my ban time or is it okey I take ban and coins while Im waiting on pieces to fix my comp? =/
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'll take a two week ban. Let's do this.
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Who cares about a short ban? granted its more then they did too gooners. buuuuutttt if they couldnt reliably ban those gooners cause they couldnt "prove" it then saying they can prove this is complete and utter BS. If you can prove ppl abused this glitch then u could def. see who had abused goons. at this point there is legit 105s so is moot but seriously abuse the glitch and take the ban. cause them finally "doing"something after 4 **** years is kinda pointless.

*as a side not this isnt the first pack exploit and only 5% of the previous exploits have they "punished people" they will fix the glitch like the others but thats about it
  • Eucleia - Dreamweaver
    Eucleia - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    2 day ban? b:beatup

unfortunally, i'll have to agree with this punishment b:surrender
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Is THAT what you did? b:surprised b:question b:avoid

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Idk, but i hope something is done to punish them.
    They knew it was an exploit/cheat.
    Plus im just sick of seeing a rawr flit between the npcs in dreamweaver port. Been there at LEAST a week running back and forth between dreamchaser npc and the merchant. Makes a trip about every 3-4 mins, non-stop. Ofc the rawr is also a well known botter who everyone knows about and is allowed to continue.
    The whole thing is really just a slap in the face to those of us who play by the rules.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I know you don't like it but naming and shaming still isn't allowed and that post was anything but subtle.

Submit tickets and have others do so as well. Val is trying to get our support to be better about this sort of thing, after all, and the more tickets about the person (with screenshots and details and the like) the better.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hey guys,

It's true that a number of players abused a glitch to receive additional Dreamchaser starter kits.

We've been investigating this issue, we've taken some punitive actions, and we will continue the investigation and punishments as we deem necessary.

I apologize to all the players who may feel cheated by those who abused this glitch, and we'll do our best to ensure this never happens again.

Still, we won't let a few bad apples spoil the fun Dreamchaser promotions. We'll continue to run them on occasion, so keep a look out!

- Val
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    for all you people that say they cant find out who did what and where and to who...am i the only one left playing that remembers the Duke Rose glitch from 3 or 4 years ago?

everyone that abused the glitch was banned and tracked down and the coin was reset and they all lost all the coin they made from it...
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    for all you people that say they cant find out who did what and where and to who...am i the only one left playing that remembers the Duke Rose glitch from 3 or 4 years ago?

everyone that abused the glitch was banned and tracked down and the coin was reset and they all lost all the coin they made from it...

Actually that's not true.

While most of them did get tracked down, there were still a decent enough amount that made it through unscathed that a good deal of players recognized it. I, myself, was even accused of being one of those a few times because merching wasn't as widespread then as it is now.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Actually that's not true.

While most of them did get tracked down, there were still a decent enough amount that made it through unscathed that a good deal of players recognized it. I, myself, was even accused of being one of those a few times because merching wasn't as widespread then as it is now.

ok MOST of the offenders were caught...enough to get the message across and fix the problem
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103