Purify on R3 weapons is making 1 class Godlike - Nobody tought of that or what?

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There are counters to an archer flagger that most people aren't using. ...Stormrage Eagleon...

Because no one learned it D:<
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I only looked at the first 2 minutes since you won't state specific times in the video. Asterelle was not alone in the fight. She even had a cleric. That's not a very good example of how "OP" archers are, when a caster could do the same, but without anyone else helping.

However, she can still be stopped. If say, she was to be ganked while digging the flag, she would be forced to use an IG and loose 20 seconds of max speed. If a caster uses an IG, it's okay, since they can use purify to boost themselves. A end game archer can be stopped by a bunch of low geared people, while a caster cannot.

A caster dug the flag in that vid and was promptly killed.
    You all complain that because one has the purify proc as soon as they dig the flag they have insta-gode mode activated, and will auto score. NO. They need decent support if there are equal opponents on the field. In that case they deserve to win because their team is better.

So your main concern is that a caster in endgame gear can't be killed by a bunch of low geared people? Why is that even an issue? You're outgeared- you're gonna lose.

These two issues are what i keep repeating and what you all seem to be kiting: You need to have a gear advantage and a team advantage to win. Having the purify proc doesn't make you gode-mode.

and no casters don't get this proc for free- they need to be attacked for it to happen. There is a learning curve- you all should be educating your teams that endgame casters should controlled and debuffed when they have the flag- saving the DD for people capable of killing them ( if the caster is so strong that the opposing DD can't just outright kill them). TW factions teaching cat kill squads that catas support needs to die/be neutralized and/or the barb pulling needs to be purged/debuffed in order to take it down is the same idea.
    You need to be blaming the noobs (or educating them) in the NW forum, where this topic belongs. Anti-noob proc FTW.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    back when aps was dominant in pvp AA had to outgear the attacker to have any chance. now the shoe is on the other foot b:laugh

Back then, equal geared, the Arcane would outgear a BM. Because the piece requirements and refines for at least 3 weapon classes meant equivalent expenditure would see the caster +10 refined, sharded, and in end game gear.

Though I suppose it depends on how far back, and how soon after a new update comes out which would cause it to fluctuate a bit.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    klys wrote: »
    A caster dug the flag in that vid and was promptly killed.
    You all complain that because one has the purify proc as soon as they dig the flag they have insta-gode mode activated, and will auto score. NO. They need decent support if there are equal opponents on the field. In that case they deserve to win because their team is better.

As roid already stated, the wizard didn't have good gears.

So your main concern is that a caster in endgame gear can't be killed by a bunch of low geared people? Why is that even an issue? You're outgeared- you're gonna lose.

Because a non caster in endgame gear CAN be killed by a bunch of low geared people. Why should casters be different?

These two issues are what i keep repeating and what you all seem to be kiting: You need to have a gear advantage and a team advantage to win. Having the purify proc doesn't make you gode-mode.

and no casters don't get this proc for free- they need to be attacked for it to happen. There is a learning curve- you all should be educating your teams that endgame casters should controlled and debuffed when they have the flag- saving the DD for people capable of killing them ( if the caster is so strong that the opposing DD can't just outright kill them). TW factions teaching cat kill squads that catas support needs to die/be neutralized and/or the barb pulling needs to be purged/debuffed in order to take it down is the same idea.
    You need to be blaming the noobs (or educating them) in the NW forum, where this topic belongs. Anti-noob proc FTW.

Are you implying that its hard to get attacked in a 1 v 20? Cause I really don't know what to say if you're trying to tell me that getting attacked is a huge problem when there are 20 people trying to kill you. Sorry but there is two things wrong with your logic. First, unlike TW where people listen, people in NW do not necessarily listen. Second, you don't need to do this for non-purify proced people. They can just be attacked by noobs and still die.

Replied in red.

While a full end game non-caster CAN be killed by 20 low geared people, a full end game caster CANNOT be killed in the same way. There has been NOTHING like this in the past. Even the so called "OP aps sin" back in the days can die to ganks and stun locks by 20 of the average geared individuals. That is the main problem here.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • klys
    edited March 2013
    As roid already stated, the wizard didn't have good gears.

So you admit that having the purify proc doesn't make you auto-make you a god. Good.

Because a non caster in endgame gear CAN be killed by a bunch of low geared people. Why should casters be different?

Wtf? 20 people can kill a caster. 1 person can kill a caster. 20 stupid people cannot. non-casters can indeed take on 20 people- i've seen Sins, seekers, archers wreck whole instances by themselves.

Are you implying that its hard to get attacked in a 1 v 20? Cause I really don't know what to say if you're trying to tell me that getting attacked is a huge problem when there are 20 people trying to kill you. Sorry but there is two things wrong with your logic. First, unlike TW where people listen, people in NW do not necessarily listen. Second, you don't need to do this for non-purify proced people. They can just be attacked by noobs and still die.

idk what you're saying, you're just repeating what you said above. see my response ^. And YES, it is a problem with people listening and knowing how to play- it's not the fault of the weapon- it's the people.
    MORE SPECIFICALLY, IT"S A NW PROBLEM, AND THIS TOPIC SHOULD BE MOVED INTO THE NW FORUM, TY.

Replied in fancy colors.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If it's so balanced put it on every weapon.

/thread.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • klys
    edited March 2013
    Agreed, put every proc on every weapon.

/move thread to nw.
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If it's so balanced put it on every weapon.

/thread.

+1 best idea ever
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited March 2013

/move thread to nw.

Clearly someone is looking to break the world record for "poster most ignored by the Mods".

Keep it up, you're almost there. b:laugh
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    So you admit that having the purify proc doesn't make you auto-make you a god. Good.

Not if your gear sucks.

Wtf? 20 people can kill a caster. 1 person can kill a caster. 20 stupid people cannot. non-casters can indeed take on 20 people- i've seen Sins, seekers, archers wreck whole instances by themselves.

Gear has nothing to do with being stupid or not. You can have IQ of 200+ but you're not gonna tick their charm before they proc purify unless you're r9rr at the very least.

Also, i never seen sins, seekers and archers win 1v20 solo. care to provide any proofs?

idk what you're saying, you're just repeating what you said above. see my response ^. And YES, it is a problem with people listening and knowing how to play- it's not the fault of the weapon- it's the people.

Gears should not be designed so that the only way to beat them is to NOT attack them. People shouldn't have to listen to NOT attack someone to beat them.

MORE SPECIFICALLY, IT"S A NW PROBLEM, AND THIS TOPIC SHOULD BE MOVED INTO THE NW FORUM, TY.

its a gear problem, not a NW problem.

End game casters have pretty high defense. Regular r9+10 archers hit as low as 500s on them. These are the same archers that people used to complain about getting 1 shot by, and you think low geared people can kill them?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Remove all weapon bonuses/effects from game.

/thread
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Did he spell "thought" wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Remove all rank and nirvy stuff and go back to the TT ages.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Back then, equal geared, the Arcane would outgear a BM. Because the piece requirements and refines for at least 3 weapon classes meant equivalent expenditure would see the caster +10 refined, sharded, and in end game gear.

Though I suppose it depends on how far back, and how soon after a new update comes out which would cause it to fluctuate a bit.
    equal geared =/= equal expenses b:surrender
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    equal geared =/= equal expenses b:surrender

Actually thats 100% what it means....

@ Adriot or w/e

Way to prove my point.

/Arcanes are still stupid as sh*t.jpeg
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • ____BM____ - Sanctuary
    ____BM____ - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Actually thats 100% what it means....

Your an idiot if you believe this. ijs.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Your an idiot if you believe this. ijs.

What it means, is you need to use the same amount of coin that is being assumed for the BM, and apply the same to buying the best gear for the caster. Just tossing them in the exact same equipment and refine isn't really meaningful. Especially once gear swaps got added in to weapon swaps for BMs needing to maintain high DEF/ATK, and having an APS set to fall back on.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just an idea, what if ALL weapon procs were given a cooldown?

Make purify proc a 15 or 30 second cooldown, make GoF a 6 second cooldown (omgwtfbbq when people chain 4-6 zerks), etc...

I'm not specifically against Purify proc, as casters tend to lack anti-stun. What I'm against is that it becomes a permanent speed boost and anti-stun because it procs so fricken often. When a class can get 20k hp, 25k pdef, 20k mdef, has distance shrinks, and no longer needs to use their genie defensively there is very little you can do to kill them in an attack or two if they won't sit still.

I get it. They used to be gank material for any sin or control skills that could tee off on them, but a weapon proc should give them opportunities to sruvive ganks, not make them indestructible. A "get out of gank free" card every 30 seconds would be plenty.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    remove all but tt90 gear and no add on gear and we will all reach a equilibrium.

ps no aps gear either as it come from pack as r9 did so let delete all gear wish give advantage.

i think tt90 is the last piece of the normal original devs and as such all classes woudl be more balanced.

tt99 come with aps wish is also part of the gear wish give advantage
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    remove all but tt90 gear and no add on gear and we will all reach a equilibrium.

ps no aps gear either as it come from pack as r9 did so let delete all gear wish give advantage.

i think tt90 is the last piece of the normal original devs and as such all classes woudl be more balanced.

tt99 come with aps wish is also part of the gear wish give advantage

Might want to relevel at a slower pace. TT90 is -int gear, DQ bracers are -int at 60, FCC gold fist was a farm item for 85 before packs, etc.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    yes but without packs pp lwont really reach 5 aps

and if ppl are complaing about add why not complain on all glitchies and broken game mechanism

as far as i remember ppl where not really 5aps with tt90

that come with pack

r8 armor always come with int where nw dont um do i need say any more
    heavu armor and light armor bouth are from packs

ther rest is from bracer

tome is also from packs

majority of claw is from pack tho u can farm it from lunar

why do u think it was sopused to be so damn hard to make them that very few were 4 and less were 5aps before tide expension.

and dont dare tell me aps is not broken cos then ur insane
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013

and if ppl are complaing about add why not complain on all glitchies and broken game mechanism

that come with pack

ther rest is from bracer

tome is also from packs

why do u think it was sopused to be so damn hard to make them that very few were 4 and less were 5aps before tide expension.

Someone doesn't seem to realize that the majority of APS gear is not related to packs. You get a grand total of -.1 interval from pack items, the rest is gotten with TT99 gear and either TT100 fists, Lunar claws, or Nirvana claws. You can get the claws from packs, but they're also farmable in game. It's just more time consuming and far more costly.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013

that come with pack

ther rest is from bracer

tome is also from packs

APS from packs didn't so much come from packs, as it made it easier for the many BMs who were Vit/axe finally realize: A. Fist was better DPS and B. Gave them an easy way to fix it. I was already using fists/claws in 2008, and got my DQ bracer early 2009. Was intending to farm Gorenox: Vanity from FCC, since my cleric could solo up to 2nd boss room, but got killed by that dang dragoon in the room after. Unfortunately they killed the fun in trying for it by changing FCC while I was leveling, and then bringing in packs.

APS already existed, it's just so few actually thought of it that it only seemed like it didn't exist.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    APS from packs didn't so much come from packs, as it made it easier for the many BMs who were Vit/axe finally realize: A. Fist was better DPS and B. Gave them an easy way to fix it. I was already using fists/claws in 2008, and got my DQ bracer early 2009. Was intending to farm Gorenox: Vanity from FCC, since my cleric could solo up to 2nd boss room, but got killed by that dang dragoon in the room after. Unfortunately they killed the fun in trying for it by changing FCC while I was leveling, and then bringing in packs.

APS already existed, it's just so few actually thought of it that it only seemed like it didn't exist.

i am not saying that fist itself come from packs i am saying with pack it just changed it all to fast.

4aps was very rare 3aps was more commen and 3aps is not 5aps

3aps can be considered ok but 5 is just to much

see how well u do with 3 compared to 5 with old fist and such and without tideborn tho even with tideborn ull prolly still need better gear ad that alone would kill a lot of the aps fanatic we have today.

what i remember there no armor heavy or light wish have int that dont come directly from pack

and that 60 gear is also from packs

3 aps is acceptable to compared to teh rest of the melee weapons for pve

3aps with frost claw wont do anything lol

lunar is 95

i said tt90
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There is a difference between decent and overpowered. I like the idea of a defensive proc on casters, but with how often Purify Proc fires it's a bit too much - the frequency needs to go down or the antistun afterwords or purify effect should be removed.

In the end, just NW with a Purify Proc caster pulling flags and win that way. May not make sense in terms of DD vs Tank, but you make do with what you got till it changes.

lol in a r9r3 casters defense my weapon doesn't proc as much I think while all my pots are on cool down i sometimes find myself being hit by one sin zerking me forever. b:chuckle
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    i am not saying that fist itself come from packs i am saying with pack it just changed it all to fast.

4aps was very rare 3aps was more commen and 3aps is not 5aps

3aps can be considered ok but 5 is just to much

see how well u do with 3 compared to 5 with old fist and such and without tideborn tho even with tideborn ull prolly still need better gear ad that alone would kill a lot of the aps fanatic we have today.

what i remember there no armor heavy or light wish have int that dont come directly from pack

and that 60 gear is also from packs

3 aps is acceptable to compared to teh rest of the melee weapons for pve

3aps with frost claw wont do anything lol

lunar is 95

i said tt90

60 gear is from copper and silver DQ orders, which were around since the game started. The LA is -.1, the HA was -.05, which is why I got the LA ones. TT90 gold has -int on a piece at least, -.1 on the bracers. Also, 3 APS is what I use in pvp currently; that and my Monarch spear and axes for whatever I'm trying to do atm (sword is for looks)

Also it would just change farming, honestly. I killed my server's market on Forshura Arms, spamming single mode during 2X week before I could get 5.0 APS unsparked. Dropped the price from 600k to 300k after dumping around 400+ arms on the market. So even without it, farming your coins was possible with good mats in single mode: which never required 4 or 5 APS.

Also it was possible to craft fists/claws that had -int as an add. G13 OHT claws with -int were the goal to aim for before packs were introduced.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    60 gear is from copper and silver DQ orders, which were around since the game started. The LA is -.1, the HA was -.05, which is why I got the LA ones. TT90 gold has -int on a piece at least, -.1 on the bracers. Also, 3 APS is what I use in pvp currently; that and my Monarch spear and axes for whatever I'm trying to do atm (sword is for looks)

Also it would just change farming, honestly. I killed my server's market on Forshura Arms, spamming single mode during 2X week before I could get 5.0 APS unsparked. Dropped the price from 600k to 300k after dumping around 400+ arms on the market. So even without it, farming your coins was possible with good mats in single mode: which never required 4 or 5 APS.

Also it was possible to craft fists/claws that had -int as an add. G13 OHT claws with -int were the goal to aim for before packs were introduced.

wish is totally ok and i saw many aps bm to just not as many as i do now.

but with just tt90 gear i twoudl destroy there farming prowes wish in turn would lower the aps player base in pk to.

wish woudl make melee a bit more healty and not so aps based as it is.

if ppl want to aps is fine by me but it should not be better then regular axe bm or barb in pve.

i hate the whole loking for 5aps for this and this

ooh and remove bp from sin skill to.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wish is totally ok and i saw many aps bm to just not as many as i do now.

but with just tt90 gear i twoudl destroy there farming prowes wish in turn would lower the aps player base in pk to.

wish woudl make melee a bit more healty and not so aps based as it is.

if ppl want to aps is fine by me but it should not be better then regular axe bm or barb in pve.

i hate the whole loking for 5aps for this and this

ooh and remove bp from sin skill to.

...not really

if you removed all "pack gear" from the game then the only thing actually removed would be int tomes (pan gu and love were not craft able before that to my knowledge)

oh no

on the note of tt 90 gear cap farming. I made over 500 mill in a week of 2x in tt 90 gear with fcc fists dup farming 2-3 3-1 3-2 with a veno friend with me as tank (revenge proc are OP healing mang).

How do you think the f2p fist bm's got our (at that time) 250 mill leggings and 200-300 mill tomes?

Your posts make you look more butthurt than reasonable and more ignorant than anything.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You're all off topic and don't seem to realize you're arguing with an idiot.
    Move on please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    VKnightV quit arguing with the trolls. They obviously got their aps gear from packs so you don't have to keep feeding them by trying to defend yourself.