Supply packs

phisyc
phisyc Posts: 27 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
I returned to pwi after a long vacation and decided to start a new character on a new server and I did not get a supply pack,neither i can get a dreamchaser pack and only now i realize that those supply packs are really a huge help to a newbie because the weapons from npc are quite expensive and low level DQ worth nothing now.Its significantly harder to pass the low level quests without proper equipment and pots that gave us the supply packs.Is this going to be fixed?Really after a few hours of game I (have 100+ characters ) find the low level game difficult and boring and I'm sure newbies will not like it either.Also the Facebook blessing does not work either,I could not get it for my new character thought i could for my old character on another server,another minus.This should be fixed,bring back the old supply stash.
Post edited by phisyc on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    You should try searching the forum. There's an entire thread about what happened to them and the changes being made. Both with the stash, and with the blessings on new toons.

Then you wouldn't be making ignorant posts like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    phisyc wrote: »
    I returned to pwi after a long vacation and decided to start a new character on a new server and I did not get a supply pack,neither i can get a dreamchaser pack and only now i realize that those supply packs are really a huge help to a newbie because the weapons from npc are quite expensive and low level DQ worth nothing now.Its significantly harder to pass the low level quests without proper equipment and pots that gave us the supply packs.Is this going to be fixed?Really after a few hours of game I (have 100+ characters ) find the low level game difficult and boring and I'm sure newbies will not like it either.Also the Facebook blessing does not work either,I could not get it for my new character thought i could for my old character on another server,another minus.This should be fixed,bring back the old supply stash.

im not an *** like the guy above me.. so i can answer your post..

the supply chest was accidentally taken out with the Sirens of War update..
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • phisyc
    edited March 2013
    I did not make this post to find out WHY there are no more any stashes,read CAREFULLY before expressing your WISE THOUGHTS.I made this post to draw the attention of pwi staff to the fact that newbies are having a bad time,that John's blessing does not work for most people in order to have them fixed asap not for ******* like you to teach me how to use the search button.I know that they have been removed by mistake and with this post i want to make sure pwi remembers about this problem.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Pretty sure newbies did fine before the implementation of the Jones's blessing.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • phisyc
    edited March 2013
    and without pots and weapons from supply stash?without the opportunity to make money from selling DQ they have to choose between pots and skills,not saying about buying npc stuff every 5 lvls,otherwise its impossible to complete a quest.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    and without pots and weapons from supply stash?without the opportunity to make money from selling DQ they have to choose between pots and skills,not saying about buying npc stuff every 5 lvls,otherwise its impossible to complete a quest.

Yup we played for a couple of years without supply stash, or blessings, or any of that ****. You learned how to rest, to farm herbs and make apoc items, and how to fight smartly so you didn't burn through a lot of pots.

Also, your thread doesn't need to bring it to anyone's attention. If you had bothered to read the threads on it, you would already know what the plan is on the stash issue, and would know that they are aware, and working on, the blessing issue.

It's only "impossible to complete quests" if you aren't learning how to play your toon properly. On top of that, several of the new quests now give a considerable amount of coin reward, and you can hit level 60 before you even do the majority of your quests past level 15 thanks to the new exp curve for low levels and keeping with the cultivation quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    From what I read, there is no plan at all. Just looking into it. Dreamcatcher does not count since only so many are given out.
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yup we played for a couple of years without supply stash, or blessings, or any of that ****. You learned how to rest, to farm herbs and make apoc items, and how to fight smartly so you didn't burn through a lot of pots.

Also, your thread doesn't need to bring it to anyone's attention. If you had bothered to read the threads on it, you would already know what the plan is on the stash issue, and would know that they are aware, and working on, the blessing issue.

It's only "impossible to complete quests" if you aren't learning how to play your toon properly. On top of that, several of the new quests now give a considerable amount of coin reward, and you can hit level 60 before you even do the majority of your quests past level 15 thanks to the new exp curve for low levels and keeping with the cultivation quests.

This.

As Sylen says, we all played before without that kind of help and we did fine and had/still have lots of fun.

Sadly, now you have to make a conscious effort to keep yourself at the level bracket of your quests.

In all, i would say, and do not know if anyone would be inclined to say it too, that leveling today is a little too much easy.

(Leaving the goons thing aside OFC)

That is all.

b:chuckle
  • phisyc
    edited March 2013
    Leveling is easy you say?Its easy if you have 100+ main,try to level up a character without any help from your main.Almost nobody does BH anymore,you can hardly find anyone doing quests because there are almost no new players,just toons of 100+ people.Seems like the whole game runs around NW which had completely screwed up ingame economy.And what was the aim making low level DQ worthless??To cut noobs from earning money for skills,leaving only the ones who would pay to play?
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Leveling is easy now, especially considering how it used to be. I created a character on HT just to see (i have no mains on HT, mine are in DW). They have increased the amount of exp you earn from quests, decreased the amount of kills per quest, added more quests on top of that, and its hard to keep your character from out leveling thier quests. I have to feed a genie just so i can stay at a decent level to gain spirit at to keep my skills up. They should increase spirit reward from quests not exp.

The newbies were getting a bit spoiled with the stashes and still are. When i got the dreamchaser pack for her i was just like...damn, i wish i had this for my first character. Didnt even have to work for decent armor; they were just giving it away for free in a pack. I admit it is a bit impossible to farm dq with a low level character now. That just means people need to focus on selling mats and herbs instead.

There are still a few low levels running around. Im one of them from time to time. Yeah, most bhs are high level ones now. But, new players can join a faction and get help that way. Just have to be creative.
  • thegreatgargame
    thegreatgargame Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I recently made a new toon and didn't get a dreamchaser pack. I actually enjoyed the lower lvls when they were a TINY BIT harder. And it's not even close to being as "hard" as it was when I started playing. No stash, no dreamchaser, no jones, no FREE charms. Not to mention the decreased amount of mobs u need to kill for quests. What's fun about being lvl 30 in an hour? :S Also, money is not an issue if you DON'T pick up lucid chests or questmaster rewards and powerlvl :S Do all your quests and you'll see that money is not an issue.

Please stop making stupied threads about non-existant problems x.x
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Supply stash and dreamchaser pack is NOT needed to play and level a char, the dreamchaser pack was better then the supply stash cause was given armors and weapon not timed.

BUT it's easy to do without it, Sell the low DQ items and mats (like glue, rough fur) in a shop and you will make money easy and fast, on some server the low DQ mats for the bank expansion quest sell up to 10k really easy and rough fur 20-30k each even more if you sell a shop to sell them your self the 20-30k is if you sell to a shop buying it.

Though that free stuff like stash and dreamchaser pack can many be interesting for new players, they should try to make it so people receive a dreamchaser pack in game at the start like we was getting the stash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Leveling is easy you say?Its easy if you have 100+ main,try to level up a character without any help from your main.Almost nobody does BH anymore,you can hardly find anyone doing quests because there are almost no new players,just toons of 100+ people.Seems like the whole game runs around NW which had completely screwed up ingame economy.And what was the aim making low level DQ worthless??To cut noobs from earning money for skills,leaving only the ones who would pay to play?

With all that overwhelming evidence, i say mister, yes, leveling is easy indeed.

I got one freaking wizard and upped it at level 40 in like 6 hours.

That was with Lucid gold/silver quests, some of the quest master ones, and the main line quests, that gave me a bunch of exp.

And that's only because i play way too slow.

With my first char i spent like 2 weeks just to get to that level (again, the break is i play slow)

Now , with this char at last, i have to struggle to keep it at 89, and that is because i love The tournament event, and this is the top bracket level of the first tier.

So leveling its easy , and they should increase the Spirit reward, not the exp , Just saying.

Now, CHOP CHOP.! Get to play.

Like Doctor Snoop said: Drop IT like its hot man. b:cool