Scenario #1 BM and Cleric vs you

Options
13»

Comments

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Yeah well, I'm Zanryu. So. I win. By default.

That only counts if you post on your BM avatar while doing the Truffle Shuffle. On hold until conditions are met.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    That only counts if you post on your BM avatar while doing the Truffle Shuffle. On hold until conditions are met.

My BM Avatar does not have truffles to shuffle.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options

I'm sorry, you appear to have caught the Whammy.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Way to be a cavity creep
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    While you are thinking about what to do the, the cleric sleeps you first, and then tosses an elven boon onto the barb who was about to dig the flag. That cleric then drops down, kills the barb, and pops an ironguard and digs the flag herself.

You then proceed to watch in horror as random sins appear like clockwork and send the cleric rocketing away at 15 m/s.

That cleric was me btw. Muahahaha.

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    While you are thinking about what to do the, the cleric sleeps you first, and then tosses an elven boon onto the barb who was about to dig the flag. That cleric then drops down, kills the barb, and pops an ironguard and digs the flag herself.

You then proceed to watch in horror as random sins appear like clockwork and send the cleric rocketing away at 15 m/s.

Aeliah

Please post smart things here, we already have enough dumb with the BMs :(
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Aeliah

The Barb is R9R3+12 Jades. Tiger form. Full buffed. You have no purge support. Also, his R9R3+12 Cleric wife just appeared to heal him. The BM is now out of your sleep.

Digunbegud.jpg
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    One thing to do is avoid adding things, like the cleric buffs on the BM when it is stated the BM did not have them. While it may seem like a minor thing, it vastly changes not just the scenario, but our reactions and the perceived actions of the two in this case. While it may be giving things away, the fact that it is one of the early battles of the NW, and the BM not being buffed, would lead towards the idea that the two are not teamed, nor are they even working together.

Also the actions you attribute to the BM in a situation where the BM is cleric buffed is counter to the actual occurence: if the BM were buffed it is better to assume that the two are working together, and that the BM won't stupidly interrupt the cleric's sleep until they have properly debuffed the heck out of you. So taking the sleep without anti-stun almost seems like it is using knowledge granted after the fact, that would not be applicable in the precise situation you outlined.

I thought someone said the two were sharing buffs?

I also soak in the sleep and all the debuffs anyway because it's not a real threat to me. At this point my buffs are all 75% above my base stats or more, and therefor the debuffing of me is no real threat since I can survive them purged as long as I can magic marrow the cleric. As soon as I escape the CC (which is really easy with my genie) I can just CC them back until the debuffs wear off. The BM using smack applies the same if they immobilize me or stun me, either one is an extremely high chance to escape, but provided it's a good BM, he would probably use smack.

I also also going from the thought that they were indeed working together, so I don't know how the BM being cleric buffed is "counter to the actual occurence" as you put it.

This is what I do in scenarios similar to this and it's worked out pretty well so far...It's light on chi and saves me time to protect the other players if need be.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I also also going from the thought that they were indeed working together, so I don't know how the BM being cleric buffed is "counter to the actual occurence" as you put it.

You actually answered it right there. If they had the buffs, chances are increased that they are working together. The fact that he isn't buffed, and it's early in the NW (a team would have full buffed up before entering) would indicate more towards them not working together. And he wasn't buffed in the actual occurence.

EDIT: If it's the actual occurence thing throwing you, what I mean with it is that the scenario I outlined wasn't made up. It is based off of what actually happened in game last NW.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    EDIT: If it's the actual occurence thing throwing you, what I mean with it is that the scenario I outlined wasn't made up. It is based off of what actually happened in game last NW.

Everything = explained now. Got it, my bad. I was doing more of a harsher case of actual teamwork.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ok, final post for scenario 1.

It was the 2nd battle of NW, playing Frost and expanding along the top westward into light. The first battle was a walk, and there was another below that ended 2 mins earlier, thanks to 2nd flagger deciding to use no genie start or orb.

So for the 2nd fight there was only one path that the Light team would take on the way to reinforce, but since the team to the South was likely to win theirs soon, it would most likely cut off many of the possible reinforcements, while Frost itself could easily gain more.

Didn't know the barb, and all too often see people get confused in direction to run, or they run down the path instead of jumping over the rocks. So staying in one spot where they decide distancing did not seem my best option, since even the PK happy spree players will still nuke a flagger if it runs right by them.

Since I was in air, I had a clear view to see that all the spawn points along the flagger's projected route were empty, leaving only the middle and farther area as holding enemy. So as long as the number of light didn't go up, he did not need assistance there. Furthermore by having a visible fight closer to the middle, I can lure in people in the middle which would further reduce people going for the flagger.

Admittedly, I did not think they were going to be as bad as they were. I planned to harrass, lock em up, then drop and run away. So closing on them I hit Acceleration to change the speed at roughly cleric max range and used Will a bit before then. I went around the BM with about 5 M distance at the closest, which is likely why they Roared instead of Aeolianed, and went for the cleric who tried sleeping me. At this point I felt more confident, because that meant both the BM and cleric had no idea what Will icon looks like.

BM gives chase to Aeolian me while I use Roar as cleric is in range, and BM is starting to axe me. The cleric already had plume shell up, and was further away (around 8 or 9 M), while the BM was right next to me with barely any mag def. So I hit the BM with DBB and auto-clawed away, while using WindShield to boost the speed. At 4 APS, with normal for 750 and crits for 1500, I ticked the charm and hit OI to keep it going when Roar almost ended.

The cleric is now doing some weird things, the unfortunate part of the Roar was the positioning made the cleric behind me if I'm focusing on the stun lock. I did notice the Cyclone dealing that 5.1K damage with me in mag marrow, which ticked my charm thanks to the earlier hit from Aeolian rendering me at around 90% health.

Not sure if the cleric thought he did minimal damage, or what, but it seemed he tried to do a bit of everything. I got Silent Sealed, Dimensional Sealed, think he popped off a IB on the BM. Think the close up action caught them off guard, or they thought the other guy would live. Because the IB came at the very end almost, and really not sure why they didn't go for buffing. They might have had filter protection up, I'm hoping, which could explain why they didn't just nuke the heck out of me when they saw the charm tick with one Cyclone.

BM's health is dwindling quickly, but it wouldn't be out by the time OI is over. So I swapped to axes and DB, which 'zerked and finished the BM off. Now I'd like to say I did the best path and moved on to the cleric with Smack followed by Roar which is off CD by then, and beat them down since their plume shell would be ending soon.

But unfortunately, I was so busy laughing that a BM with twice my health and much higher gear knew so little about their class, they got beaten down without them getting more than one hit in. And it was funny, till the cleric hit me and I realized my health had dropped to 1k. Tried to drop and run, but got finished off before I could.

Ended up fighting that BM alot that NW, we got 20 total near the end and they were still at 9. So I saw how bad they were up close with little distraction, while trying to hunt the cleric down in between. My favorite was when they stunned with Aeolian, and stood there waiting to do the next stun instead of actually having some kind of combo.

They were stunlocked most of the time, stayed on their aero, and the only times they would lock me were when I dewinged. So half damage until their lock ended (sage BM it looked like), at which point I'd lock em up and build chi.

I guess the moral of the story, is don't use phys marrow against another BM who has claws. Against everyone else, it's a bit like saying you don't think they even have it on their toolbar. Which is prolly why I use phys marrow alot in NW. Only in the air for the most part though, much easier to control what can hit you. On the ground, a bit too risky unless it's at a pit or separated and there aren't casters there.

EDIT: For a damage reference idea, my +10 claws were doing 320 - 350 per hit normal damage, that jumped over to over double with the fire damage buff. I started using Wood Pots on them, since they pretty obviously did not have the skill necessary to make me fear dieing. That boosted me back into the 600s.