Purify on R3 weapons is making 1 class Godlike - Nobody tought of that or what?

Comments

• IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll take God of Frenzy or Spirit Blackhole on my magic attacks if I can't have purify, thanks. Sheesh... Casters get a decent proc for the first time ever and the QQ blows up the forums...

I'll gladly take like 30k+ physical attack over GOF or PURGE any day!! Bring it!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    the whole point of the QQing i read (or atleast my interpretation) in this thread about puri wep is: Its caster fate to be dead against melee class. so leave it at it is.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    the whole point of the QQing i read (or atleast my interpretation) in this thread about puri wep is: Its caster fate to be dead against melee class. so leave it at it is.

Nah I think they r just qqing about purify being able to purify + anti stun + speed boost.
    If it had just purify no one would qq I'm sure
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nah I think they r just qqing about purify being able to purify + anti stun + speed boost.
    If it had just purify no one would qq I'm sure

I'm not so sure, people QQ about anything and everything.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would be quite positive that if it was just a purify proc instead of purify + antistun + 15 m/s speed boost, then there would be little to no QQ about it, or as much as there is QQ about Spirit Blackhole/GoF, which is rarely any.

In a similar comparison, since purify proc is a defensive proc that purifies, antistuns, and gives a huge speed boost, there should be an offensive proc that doubles damage, purges, and stuns. That's how blown up people are making the purify proc.

And Nry I meant to quote Adroit. To put it short, 2 R9r2 characters vs 1 R9r2 caster would result in the caster most likely losing, but 2 R9r2 characters + 3 TT99/R8 characters (so a total of 5 people) vs 1 R9r2 caster would result in the caster most likely winning due to being able to constantly attack their main targets.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    I would be quite positive that if it was just a purify proc instead of purify + antistun + 15 m/s speed boost, then there would be little to no QQ about it, or as much as there is QQ about Spirit Blackhole/GoF, which is rarely any.

In a similar comparison, since purify proc is a defensive proc that purifies, antistuns, and gives a huge speed boost, there should be an offensive proc that doubles damage, purges, and stuns. That's how blown up people are making the purify proc.

And Nry I meant to quote Adroit. To put it short, 2 R9r2 characters vs 1 R9r2 caster would result in the caster most likely losing, but 2 R9r2 characters + 3 TT99/R8 characters (so a total of 5 people) vs 1 R9r2 caster would result in the caster most likely winning due to being able to constantly attack their main targets.

that wep not makes u immune to damage :)
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2013

YES, exactly- can't blame the weapon for the undergeared player's lack of understanding- if they want to win- they need to play right.

AND this whole discussion seems to be revolving around running the flag in NW- are there any legit complaints about this proc in TW or open world pk, where people know what they're doing, and know how to counter?
    I'm thinking this should be moved to the NW subforum.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Skaitavia wrote:

I disagree, it would make it easier to run a flag, but still couldn't kill the 2 r9rr chars in pvp. Besides, the under geared players could actually help by not trying to DD and just use control skills/amps and such.. which is what they should be doing regardless if the target has purify wep or not.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    klys wrote: »
    YES, exactly- can't blame the weapon for the undergeared player's lack of understanding- if they want to win- they need to play right.

AND this whole discussion seems to be revolving around running the flag in NW- are there any legit complaints about this proc in TW or open world pk, where people know what they're doing, and know how to counter?
    I'm thinking this should be moved to the NW subforum.

From the looks of it, that seems to be the main reason. Unless there's a squad that consists of at least 3ish R9r2 characters, a single R9r2 caster can cap the flag on them by IG digging to purify procing to the flag capture location.

From personal experience, I haven't had much problem dealing with the purify proc in TWs.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    leave only the purify and put a 30 sec cooldown on it and make it take 10 chi becus a free purify just doesnt seem right to me
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    From the looks of it, that seems to be the main reason. Unless there's a squad that consists of at least 3ish R9r2 characters, a single R9r2 caster can cap the flag on them by IG digging to purify procing to the flag capture location.

From personal experience, I haven't had much problem dealing with the purify proc in TWs.

It's purely a NW problem.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    actually i also think that this purify effect is just to strong

i dont wanna compare it like 1 r9rr vs 20nirvana dudes... since this comparisation doesnt work

but lets compare all those 3 effects with each other
    while u compare, u allways have to see, which classes got which effect

purify vs archers spirit blackhole

actually i think its a fair fight... since archer dont rely on cc effects and the purge of buffs helps them to increase the damage
    here i would say that spirit blackhole has the advantage
    so even if in nw, people with r9rr should be able to hold of the flag carry

spirit blackhole vs god of frenzy
    again spirit blackhole has the advantage... when the archer is skilled hes able to kite a bm or barb easy... so its clearly a win for SB ... since bm/barb cant hit
    the only one that could make use of GoF here is the seeker, actually this fight is almost fair if not with a slight advantage for the seeker

god of frenzy vs purify
    most gof classes(especially bm) rely on cc vs caster classes... if they cant cc caster can kite them easy, especially with the cc boost
    some used the argument "if u cant stun, u can still do damage" ... yea great ... ever compared the dmg of a blademaster with the damage of a psy ?
    clearly winner is purify

if u watch the stats alone

spirit blackhole is ofc a really really strong effect with no downsides ... probably the best among R9 skills

purify cames right after spirit blackhole. it gives u some kind of imunity vs cc effects. one downside is, that u need to be attacked in order to trigger it, which means u take damage.
    but as long as the majority of the people aint r9 or better its pretty much meaningless if the rest of the gear is r9rr too ... since more attackers increase the chance of a trigger

god of frenzy is pretty much the worst skill ... besides the seeker the other classes are melee... for the sin it isnt really a problem, since he has 2 skills to close the distance
    the really screwed class is the bm and the barb too...
    also gof comes with the downside of paying 5% hp too ... while the other 2 effects have no cost like this ... god of frenzy needs no change for the seeker or sin but for the barb and bm should be a new equivalent effect created

overall all those 3 effects suck pretty hard ... since non of them relys on the skill of one player... they r mostly random
    and in a balanced game their should be no randomness

to sum it up ... SB and purify r **** op ... gof has triggers with the cost of losing 5% hp

to balance it ... why not give the other 2 spells a downside too ???

gof comes along with dmg for both players
    so it could be like
    for example... spirit blackhole triggers both players
    and purify lowers physical and magical resistance for the duration of anti stun/ speed
  • EatMyMAGina - Harshlands
    EatMyMAGina - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    why don't we QQ about everything in game again?

...oh wait it started already without me b:shutup
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ...did someone seriously just say that barbs are underpowered now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ...did someone seriously just say that barbs are underpowered now?

Purrr...!! Yoy saying cute kitties arent? How dare you? >:(

Being honest, barbs are bit broken in small scale PvP but w/o R9 they deal damage I would call a bad joke with severe lack of CC. Relying on arma bombing for damage is sadly pretty much only way to take down people who have decent refines on orns/armors w/o R9. R9 barbs though, I no likey em on my sin =(. I can pretty much toy, troll and do whatever I please for your average R8 barb but even similar refines on R9 and it gets fairly annoying as they can really hurt w/o arma.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    People who dont have R9/3r9 just complain because the people that did pay to get their gears get the better stuff. I mean you dont even need 3r9 to get those Proc Abilities. R8r has the chance of getting the abilities also wont be as good as r9/3r9 for NW is need to play it right and not just auto attack like most sins/bms. If you see a 3r9 Wiz with the flag Stun, Freeze, Seal, Occult the carrier and purge, amp and they are down. The Proc Abilities are stupidly strong but they can be delt with just need at lease 1 BM with Blade Tornado and they can be taken down.
  • ____BM____ - Sanctuary
    ____BM____ - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    People who dont have R9/3r9 just complain because the people that did pay to get their gears get the better stuff. I mean you dont even need 3r9 to get those Proc Abilities. R8r has the chance of getting the abilities also wont be as good as r9/3r9 for NW is need to play it right and not just auto attack like most sins/bms. If you see a 3r9 Wiz with the flag Stun, Freeze, Seal, Occult the carrier and purge, amp and they are down. The Proc Abilities are stupidly strong but they can be delt with just need at lease 1 BM with Blade Tornado and they can be taken down.

http://memegenerator.net/instance/20286031

Purify Proc Will Go off with the first 3 or 4 people hitting it then toodles, the caster has run off with that blade tornado doing jack all. The speed is OP not the purify. b:bye
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    http://memegenerator.net/instance/20286031

Purify Proc Will Go off with the first 3 or 4 people hitting it then toodles, the caster has run off with that blade tornado doing jack all. The speed is OP not the purify. b:bye

Blade Hurl prevent the proc since it disarm them for a good while
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Blade Hurl prevent the proc since it disarm them for a good while

Nope. The weapon is still there just not visible and unable to cast any skills. But the proc will still go off even then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    Nope. The weapon is still there just not visible and unable to cast any skills. But the proc will still go off even then.

Uhh...pretty sure the BMs in the BM forums tested and Blade Hurl does disable purify proc entirely.

Unfortunately, it can also proc it just by casting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Uhh...pretty sure the BMs in the BM forums tested and Blade Hurl does disable purify proc entirely.

Unfortunately, it can also proc it just by casting.

I am not exactly sure how you can test this in game since there's so many variables involved(casters have to be stunned/slept/frozen first then blade hurl proc goes off then bm gotta aps the caster) . Until you do all that, the proc will have already gone from the caster. How long does blade hurl disarm last?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Blade hurl does not prevent a player from using any skill that they can cast unarmed (magic classes can use most, if not all, of their skills even when disarmed).

I have been disarmed many times in TW/NW and never seen purify work while disarmed.

I have heard, but have yet to verify, that the disarmed effect can't be purified (i.e. even if blade hurl triggers the purify proc, the target will still be disarmed, albeit with increased speed and antistun).

To answer the above, blade hurl lasts 6 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    I have heard, but have yet to verify, that the disarmed effect can't be purified (i.e. even if blade hurl triggers the purify proc, the target will still be disarmed, albeit with increased speed and antistun).

Disarm status icon sits near the end of the status icon list and those typically cannot be purified (see also: SoG/Soulburn/anti-fly/etc.).

Edit-
    IHaxJoo wrote:
    I am not exactly sure how you can test this in game since there's so many variables involved(casters have to be stunned/slept/frozen first then blade hurl proc goes off then bm gotta aps the caster) . Until you do all that, the proc will have already gone from the caster. How long does blade hurl disarm last?

It's already been tested here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1556891&page=2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    The Weapon is put in the state like if it was broken. If your weapon is broken and your still weilding it you dont get any of its attack or proc effects.
  • onlyonfridays
    onlyonfridays Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Once in a 20vs1 battle, we were being held off by a R9.3 Psychic. It was near impossible to stop him just because he couldnt be held down while silencing everyone who dared to attack him most of the time. We barely won that fight.

That sort of ability makes it near impossible to stop a flag-carrier once they've gotten it, and its even worse if they've got support. The speed boost should be removed from the Purify Spell ability at the very least.

BAHAHAHAHA im r93c psy and i love it Puri FTW b:laugh
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah take away our proc give us Zerk/purify ? i mean this is the first time wizards get something useful to use and the whole community QQ's
  • Born_Free - Lost City
    Born_Free - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i mean this is the first time wizards get something useful to use and the whole community QQ's

Yeah, I mean...who would want to have the highest DPH out of all the classes on the game? How useless.
    PWI: Constantly **** you in the **** so much you can't sit to play anymore. No wonder people are so butthurt.
  • Daialura - Heavens Tear
    Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Disarm doesn't just make the weapon invisible, it disables it. Check your equipment screen next time it happens to you, you'll see the icon is red. Just like when you lose HP due to broken armor, you lose the proc with the disabled weapon. Blade hurl is VERY effective at countering the purify proc.

I'll reiterate my position that this is the first weapon proc casters have ever had worth anything and it's a bit hypocritical to complain when BMs, Barbs and Seekers can hit 1-3 freaking million damage on the damage ranking because of GoF.

Casters in this game have gotten the shaft 90% of the time since it began. Now that we actually have a semi-fighting chance, people cry about it. That's what's really broken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Disarm doesn't just make the weapon invisible, it disables it. Check your equipment screen next time it happens to you, you'll see the icon is red. Just like when you lose HP due to broken armor, you lose the proc with the disabled weapon. Blade hurl is VERY effective at countering the purify proc.

I'll reiterate my position that this is the first weapon proc casters have ever had worth anything and it's a bit hypocritical to complain when BMs, Barbs and Seekers can hit 1-3 freaking million damage on the damage ranking because of GoF.

Casters in this game have gotten the shaft 90% of the time since it began. Now that we actually have a semi-fighting chance, people cry about it. That's what's really broken.

See this is what you don't seem to understand, nobody's complaining that Casters finally got a "fighting chance" even though they've always had one. They're complaining that they've gotten something that is seriously overpowered. Just because something needs a buff doesn't mean overbuffing it is the right thing to do.
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No. People are complaining that this proc may have an advantage in ONE instance in this game (NW). This conversation is going in circles, and needs to be moved to the NW sub-forum so it can die.