Upgrading Matchless Wing to Heaven Ravager

Options
MiniST - Sanctuary
MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
This upgrade was kinda weird, basically, at +12, you gain 225 HP, 5 vit, 400 mag resis, 0.1m/s and 2 defense levels, but you lose 100 phy def and 4% physical damage resis. For casters, this is actually a downgrade in the overall physical defense department if you are +12 r9r3.
Post edited by MiniST - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ying and Yang-you can't expect an upgrade without some kind of balance. That's like saying restore the Emperor tome to 0.10 and make everyone 5aps base gods as well as +45 stat boosts.. Something we don't need.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Something we don't need.

I do b:dirty.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    While it is the case, you have to look at it from other classes's perspectives. For HA and LA users, it will be a huge upgrade because of the M def add for HA, and the balance of m/p def for LA.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Going from ☆☆Puzzle Cube Badge Broken up to ☆☆☆Badge of the Cube: Defiance is also a little wonky.
    At +12 on both you lose 200 Mres and 10 vit, and gain 292 pdef, 3 def lev, and 3% crit. They shouldn't take away stats when upgrading gear in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Going from ☆☆Puzzle Cube Badge Broken up to ☆☆☆Badge of the Cube: Defiance is also a little wonky.
    At +12 on both you lose 200 Mres and 10 vit, and gain 250 pdef, 3 def lev, and 3% crit. They shouldn't take away stats when upgrading gear in my opinion.
    Yeah, I never did understand why they did that. Upgrading gear should keep the origional stats and boost them a little, or add an additional stat to them. Not replace them entirely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    At +12 on both you lose 200 Mres and 10 vit, and gain 250 pdef, 3 def lev, and 3% crit. They shouldn't take away stats when upgrading gear in my opinion.

I think the changes were made keeping the HA classes in mind and not the LA. Elemental mostly worn by HA classes, has the pdef taken out and replaced by mdef, something that HA classes need. Not sure how LA classes are built, but i imagine they benefit from both.

I just double checked, 150 hp is taken out, which is sad b:surrender, beside that the necklace suits my bm fine.

Same for the robe, i never looked at that robe before because it offered pdef, nothing for me, now it offers mdef and suits the bm fine.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

That's a shame too, especially for LA users, who need both types of defenses.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I agree, you shouldn't loose stats if your upgrading. Otherwise it should be classified as a new set of gears as opposed to an "upgrade".

I can see why for instance, you loose APS when upgrading from TT99 to G15 nirvy for balance purposes. However, I don't see why the stats are changed in this instance.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    They can always come out with g16 stones to balance it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    They can always come out with g16 stones to balance it out.

Grade 16 Gem: Broken Diamond

Add -.05 interval to any socket. 5.0 your crossbow or your money back.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Grade 16 Gem: Broken Diamond

Add -.05 interval to any socket. 5.0 your crossbow or your money back.

QQQQQQQQQQomfgArcherssoOPplznerf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.