Best Daggz i Can use with my gear

evilsmakers
evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Assassin
This is my current gear ( http://pwcalc.com/ad7194fe3c0f514a )

I am thinking between G13, G15 , G16

For Pve i donot know if a G13 would Out DD G16 since with G13 i will be 5 aps while with
G16 i will be 4 aps ,also i think Pve depend on Aps since more aps means more chi and heals.

For Pvp Alot of ppl told me a G15 with ss/Gof is better than G16 so i am tottally confused which one i should use

my current Daggz are +10 g16 with 1 int
cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
The GG
Enjoy!​​
PaiiiiN~
Post edited by evilsmakers on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    G16.

If your current daggers are G16 with int all the better for you.

And, of course, I'm assuming you don't want to take R9 or the recasts into account.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • evilsmakers
    edited February 2013
    ya you can say i am crazy in aps xD with r9 i will be 3.3 aps which i really hate but i guess if g16 is better than g15 in pk i am going to try getting x2 int.

i also would like a comparasion in damage between g13 (5 aps) and g16 (4) :D
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Can't be arsed to do an exact calc right now (Plus pwcalc is available for anyone with a calculator to compare)

But basically 5 APS by default is 25% more damage than 4 APS when the only difference between the two is APS.

However... G13s deal absolutely crappy damage and refine so poorly they're really worthless outside of the APS. 4 APS G16s will out-damage 4 APS GoF G15s which will out-damage 5 APS G13s (this is assuming demon sparked on all three).

So 4 APS G16s will completely blow G13s away in terms of DPS.

And when it comes to PvP APS is counterproductive against most of the higher geared players and lower geared players won't require an attempt to DPS them, so the DPS comparison would be irrelevant in that situation.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    However... G13s deal absolutely crappy damage and refine so poorly they're really worthless outside of the APS.

This. Although their refine rate is somewhat decent their base damage (starting point) is really low.

As Kossy said, the G13s will also suffer huge pvp drawbacks where most decently geared players can charm tank a G13 sin unless their triple sparked.

G13 w 5 aps: 135,640 dps
    G16: w 4 aps: 157,774 dps.

That's assuming Jones blessing, triple spark spam, demon dagger mastery, +10 refine on daggers and 1 Garnet gem, and no damage adds on G16s.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you already have G16 +10, I don't think you have something to worry about, unless you are making recast of R9.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    for the record, g13 refine rate = g15 refine rate (according to pwdb and my ingame experience with the soulsphere)

since more aps means more chi and heals.

no. more aps means more chi, heals depend on your DPS.
    and the point of more chi is debatable since you are a sin :p
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i think he means, that you have 3 sparks faster, when you aps with 5 instead of 4 aps, so you can spark more often and you heal, when you spark.

Not saying, that 5aps g13 heals you more than using g16 4aps in terms of DPS b:chuckle
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yeah bp heals is a direct result of damage dealt per hit. just because you hit faster does not mean you are regenerating hp at a faster rate.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    just because you hit faster does not mean you are regenerating hp at a faster rate.

Wut? That's exactly what it means. If you proc all the time with your beloved gof, you die even faster even though your are still getting healed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wut? That's exactly what it means. If you proc all the time with your beloved gof, you die even faster even though your are still getting healed.

If you get more heals from bp than you loose with gof, it does not matter what the proc rate is. The only concern with gof is regaining hp lost from the proc and the damage dealt to you. You only loose more hp when your heals return from bp is lower than what you loose from the proc on top of what is lost from damage dealt to you.

And ref my point again on heals. Just because you hit faster does not mean you are recovering hp faster. At 4aps you only need 20% more bp per hit to equal the bp received @ 5aps during the same spark cycle, which is quite easy with the right add's on the weapon.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • evilsmakers
    edited March 2013
    Ya what i ment was 5 aps give you chance to spark more often which helps alot in farming TT's such as TT3-3 (in healing and avoid bosses debuffs) .and it seems s3 working very well in pve but For pvp i guess Gof will help however, Having only 37 instted of 77 atk lvl will be a damn pain aginist JOSD players So i guess r9 Daggz would be the best daggz for pvp but sadly i need int on boots so i can use it as 4 aps which will cost Damn alot since i am unlucky ><
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~