Purify on R3 weapons is making 1 class Godlike - Nobody tought of that or what?

Comments

• Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wish it were more godlike, perhaps it is just because im only +10 all and flawless gemmed final r9, but archers pretty much kill me almost before I can figure out which one is hitting me. Atleast the other final r9 ones or even the r9+12 ones. Groups of 3+ certainly have no problems killing me if they are r9.of course sins and bms are usually no threat, but they are seldom full r9 any cast.

I can totally savage groups of tt geared and such, but so can any class that is full r9 final cast+10 all.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Unless you can trick one of those suckers to get into the air, it's pretty much b:surrender

Though I was fighting a pretty fun battle against a cleric that I think had a R8 recast Purify that wasn't too bad. His weapon would guarantee proc when switching to claws, but it wasn't anywhere near the degree of ridiculousness of R9 version. Might have helps that I had no scrubs around **** things up at the same time.

So yeah, making proc rate equal to R8 recast and the ability for our AoEs to kill our own team mates when they are under a certain level of soulforce would be pretty nice.
  • Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Unless you can trick one of those suckers to get into the air, it's pretty much b:surrender

Though I was fighting a pretty fun battle against a cleric that I think had a R8 recast Purify that wasn't too bad. His weapon would guarantee proc when switching to claws, but it wasn't anywhere near the degree of ridiculousness of R9 version. Might have helps that I had no scrubs around **** things up at the same time.

So yeah, making proc rate equal to R8 recast and the ability for our AoEs to kill our own team mates when they are under a certain level of soulforce would be pretty nice.
    does purify on r8r have different proc rate from that of r9rr?

lolb:laugh
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    does purify on r8r have different proc rate from that of r9rr?

r9rr proc rates are higher than the proc rates on every other weapon. This also goes for zerk/purge/etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    r9rr proc rates are higher than the proc rates on every other weapon. This also goes for zerk/purge/etc.

Source ?
  • Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i know that proc rate GoF>SS and S.blackhole>S.Shatter but purify has the same name for both r8r and r9rr shouldn't the rate be the same as its the same proc? or were the gms just too lazy to rename it??
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Source ?

Yea I'd like a source too. I've heard so many people say that and claim their own anecdotal evidence, but I've yet to see anything concrete.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • plusonepostcount
    plusonepostcount Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    we can be debuffed and stunned, just not as long. We also don't have any natural anti stun skills (at least wizzies), or our own personal sz (stealth), or nerves, or great cc, or countless other things that other classes have.

errm you guys do get a morai skill that lets you break stun the second you get hit again after being stunned not exactly sure what the actual cd is but its not too long as well as theres several genie skills that can be used as anti stuns as well.

you kinda stepped on your own foot posting your vids with it basically show's just how op it is honestly. even with you not carrying the flag wizzies are stupid op when it comes to damage against pretty much every other class out there in a couple of your vids your hitting 3rd cast barbs for 20k+ easy.Watched 2 of your vids and saw one take over 40k damage and another take over 50k.

Casters get alot in terms of survivability as well as damage, they dont ever have to worry about a skill missing at all EVAR oh and not to mention that you always have the ability to pretty much attack first being as you get the advantage of being ranged which is huge in itself.

End game geared wizzies were not even close to lacking before neither were other casters cleric's psy veno's all have some pretty ridiculous skills for surviving giving them all the ability to get purify on a weapon especially the fact that it works from your enemy attacking you and you basically having to do absolutely nothing but stand there just put casters way over the top when in all honesty were pretty much decently balanced with the rest of the classes.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    errm you guys do get a morai skill that lets you break stun the second you get hit again after being stunned not exactly sure what the actual cd is but its not too long as well as theres several genie skills that can be used as anti stuns as well.

you kinda stepped on your own foot posting your vids with it basically show's just how op it is honestly. even with you not carrying the flag wizzies are stupid op when it comes to damage against pretty much every other class out there in a couple of your vids your hitting 3rd cast barbs for 20k+ easy.Watched 2 of your vids and saw one take over 40k damage and another take over 50k.

Casters get alot in terms of survivability as well as damage, they dont ever have to worry about a skill missing at all EVAR oh and not to mention that you always have the ability to pretty much attack first being as you get the advantage of being ranged which is huge in itself.

End game geared wizzies were not even close to lacking before neither were other casters cleric's psy veno's all have some pretty ridiculous skills for surviving giving them all the ability to get purify on a weapon especially the fact that it works from your enemy attacking you and you basically having to do absolutely nothing but stand there just put casters way over the top when in all honesty were pretty much decently balanced with the rest of the classes.

I wasn't commenting at all about class balance or how "OP" things are, just replying to a post that I felt was exaggerated. The morai skill you are thinking of is arcane defense, and is really just a deterrent to using aps because it will only proc from normal attacks (against competent opponents it will never go off, just nice in NW when noobs don't know any better).

I do agree with you that wizards are not even close to lacking, I'd actually be tempted to say that we are probably the best pvp class out there right now. I'm surprised the complaints are more focused on purify proc than spark tbh.. but oh well. What purify proc really does imo is make r9rr nearly impossible to kill with anything other than another r9rr.. at least in 1v1s at end game imo it is fairly well balanced (as well as end game pvp). Where the problem lies in in places like NW where poorly geared people are hitting me for 3 digits (VERY unlikely to kill me), but keep me almost perma proc'd. It's funny because just two r9rr chars that were properly geared/played would have no problem taking me down.. but add in 5-10 r8/r9 lowly refined people hitting me and I become near immortal. I'm not really sure how that fits into balance and whatnot.. it's difficult to talk about balance when the gear isn't the same.. but I can see why people that aren't r9rr would be frustrated because they just can't compete. Spark on the other hand is hard to defend, it just destroys everything.. but that's another story lol
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wasn't commenting at all about class balance or how "OP" things are, just replying to a post that I felt was exaggerated. The morai skill you are thinking of is arcane defense, and is really just a deterrent to using aps because it will only proc from normal attacks (against competent opponents it will never go off, just nice in NW when noobs don't know any better).

I do agree with you that wizards are not even close to lacking, I'd actually be tempted to say that we are probably the best pvp class out there right now. I'm surprised the complaints are more focused on purify proc than spark tbh.. but oh well. What purify proc really does imo is make r9rr nearly impossible to kill with anything other than another r9rr.. at least in 1v1s at end game imo it is fairly well balanced (as well as end game pvp). Where the problem lies in in places like NW where poorly geared people are hitting me for 3 digits (VERY unlikely to kill me), but keep me almost perma proc'd. It's funny because just two r9rr chars that were properly geared/played would have no problem taking me down.. but add in 5-10 r8/r9 lowly refined people hitting me and I become near immortal. I'm not really sure how that fits into balance and whatnot.. it's difficult to talk about balance when the gear isn't the same.. but I can see why people that aren't r9rr would be frustrated because they just can't compete. Spark on the other hand is hard to defend, it just destroys everything.. but that's another story lol
    1 vs 1 the proc is not overpowered, its just annoying every once in a while,
    But you really ought to agree that when adding more opponents makes you less likely to lose, something is wrong.
    If i get ganked by twenty ppl in **** gear, usually I'll die.
    I would gladly give you a zerk wand in exchange for purify axes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chibye
    chibye Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's so funny to read all the QQ. SO can I have a reason WHY it should be the caster that should die and not the Archer / BM / Sin / Seeker ? Should not the chance to kill any other class of similar geared be 50/50 ? That is what is called balance no ? Or "Balance" means you get to kill mostly and rarely get killed ?

Wiz should 1 hit everything since the cast time is ridiculously long with all the the BS animation that you can see miles away that any semi decent PvPer can put up a block against. Its the only class with all the BS animation before the cast that even my great grand aunt can put up a block against.

It's about time for casters to make some cash. Try using a caster in FCC / TT / vana / WS or any instance for making cash. Good Luck ! I don't see people QQ about that ? Besides, how many caster get more than melee in NW tokens ever ? So quit complaining and move on.

Gear up if you are out geared. Else go to NW and be prepared to be squished.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    chibye wrote: »
    It's so funny to read all the QQ. SO can I have a reason WHY it should be the caster that should die and not the Archer / BM / Sin / Seeker ? Should not the chance to kill any other class of similar geared be 50/50 ? That is what is called balance no ? Or "Balance" means you get to kill mostly and rarely get killed ?

Wiz should 1 hit everything since the cast time is ridiculously long with all the the BS animation that you can see miles away that any semi decent PvPer can put up a block against. Its the only class with all the BS animation before the cast that even my great grand aunt can put up a block against.

It's about time for casters to make some cash. Try using a caster in FCC / TT / vana / WS or any instance for making cash. Good Luck ! I don't see people QQ about that ? Besides, how many caster get more than melee in NW tokens ever ? So quit complaining and move on.

Gear up if you are out geared. Else go to NW and be prepared to be squished.

Hello small man b:bye
    Clearly you have read nothing.
    It is agreed that in 1 vs 1 combat it is not overpowered.

What we are saying is broken is that fighting 10 people with lesser gear than you plus 1 person with equal gear should not be easier than just fighting that one person with equal gear and nobody else.

Are the words small enough now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hello small man b:bye
    Clearly you have read nothing.
    It is agreed that in 1 vs 1 combat it is not overpowered.

What we are saying is broken is that fighting 10 people with lesser gear than you plus 1 person with equal gear should not be easier than just fighting that one person with equal gear and nobody else.

Are the words small enough now?

Gear up or learn to play with a gear disadvantage. It's pretty simple dude. Stop blaming someone else besides yourself/ your team.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1 vs 1 the proc is not overpowered, its just annoying every once in a while,
    But you really ought to agree that when adding more opponents makes you less likely to lose, something is wrong.
    If i get ganked by twenty ppl in **** gear, usually I'll die.
    I would gladly give you a zerk wand in exchange for purify axes.

If twenty equally geared players were hitting me I'd be insta dead. You need to qualify the adding more opponents as adding undergeared players.. because adding r9rr opponents definitely doesn't make it easier for me to survive. As far as I can tell, nobody has a problem with one level 100 being able to solo dozens of level 30s at the same time.. what purify proc does imo is put lesser geared players into that same situation where they end up being the level 30s. I think the real complaint is that r9rr is so much better than previous gear (making it almost impossible to compete w/o it).. but in all honesty purify is imo fairly well balanced when everyone has the same gear.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • ____BM____ - Sanctuary
    ____BM____ - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    but in all honesty purify is imo fairly well balanced when everyone has the same gear.

Take away the speed buff from Purify then i would completely agree with you, only thing broken is the speed imo as it is unecessary.
  • duhhaha
    duhhaha Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The speed buff IS necessary to get the caster class away from the RAGING mobs.. LOL ! or you can replace it with 8 sec AOE stun that cannot be blocked on everyone in a 20m radius when it proc. Which would you prefer ?b:laugh
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    If twenty equally geared players were hitting me I'd be insta dead. You need to qualify the adding more opponents as adding undergeared players.. because adding r9rr opponents definitely doesn't make it easier for me to survive. As far as I can tell, nobody has a problem with one level 100 being able to solo dozens of level 30s at the same time.. what purify proc does imo is put lesser geared players into that same situation where they end up being the level 30s. I think the real complaint is that r9rr is so much better than previous gear (making it almost impossible to compete w/o it).. but in all honesty purify is imo fairly well balanced when everyone has the same gear.

I have +10 r9.3 axes, theoretically i should be able to deal half decent damage to you.

If ten 7x should so happen to try and help me attack you, they would cause you to gain an advantage over me.

That isn't right. If they all assisted you, i would soso be significantly disadvantaged. Them attacking me or attacking you both result in you gaining the upperhand. I dare say Id even prefer they assisted you as opposed to me because them hitting you would be worse
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Do keep in mind that we aren't seeing as many r9rr, say, bms or barbs, as we are arcanes yet. Sure, lots of weak people hitting an arcane r9rr procs their purify more, but they are still taking dmg from these weak people. They may be getting purified but they still have to run to not die. On the other hand, a bm, barb, or seeker getting hammered by lots of lower levelled people can take all those hits, create an opening, and kill them with aoes... not to mention, in Nation Wars, those lower level people are your best friends if you want contribution... I mean seriously, let them stay alive and hit you, if you can tank it lol...

And don't even say you want arcanes to have zerk. RIDICULOUS. Arcanes already hit much harder than melees. You want to trade the only thing that lets you kill arcanes (the zerk) for purify? Let me tell you the purify won't mean a darn thing when arcanes are doing hits, easily, over your max hp, not just on crits now but on zerks too, AND the zerk-crits. I mean, just think about it, mystic skill guaranteed crit on next hit. 20% chance to do 4x dmg instead of 2x? Are you out of your mind? Lol.

Wizards already did ok without purify weapon, as did psychics. As did venos. If you think they are dangerous now you have not remotely considered how dangerous they'd be with zerk. They wouldn't need to wait for purify to proc because they'd kill most things so much as move in a couple hits tops.

Purify accounts for the fact that arcane armor is worse, giving them extra defense onto already sufficient offense.

Zerk accounts for the fact that melee dmg is worse, giving them extra attack onto already sufficient defense.

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Nry - Lost City
    Nry - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    klys wrote: »
    Gear up or learn to play with a gear disadvantage. It's pretty simple dude. Stop blaming someone else besides yourself/ your team.

I don't think you can read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] united we are to the unit of measuring the greatness!
  • Nry - Lost City
    edited March 2013

The playing grounds will never be equal so it will never be balanced. That has always been a big part of this game but I have to say the purification proc brings it to a whole new level. 1v1 or against equal geared opponents maybe it isn't overpowered but in NW it is extremely overpowered.

Imo casters shouldn't be more tanky than tanks and also run faster than any non-caster class. b:shocked
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The playing grounds will never be equal so it will never be balanced. That has always been a big part of this game but I have to say the purification proc brings it to a whole new level. 1v1 or against equal geared opponents maybe it isn't overpowered but in NW it is extremely overpowered.

Imo casters shouldn't be more tanky than tanks and also run faster than any non-caster class. b:shocked

As many people have stated in the past, it gets a bit unbalanced when the more people you throw in increases your survivability, when it should be the other way around.

For example, if 20 level 100 players geared with TT99/R8/G12-based gear and up to Tier 2 Nirvana weapons wailed nonstop with debuffs, stuns, seals, silences, immobilizations, and so on, on a full R9r2 non-caster, they would die pretty quickly because it would always be constantly 20 people attacking due to the R9r2 non-caster not being able to attack due to the CC that's being spammed on them.

However, if the person being attacking a R9r2 caster, they can just spam skills to 1-2 shot the R8/TT99/G12 geared players because of how often the purify proc triggers, which allows them to use skills and move around (at 15 m/s speed to top it off).

It just doesn't make logical sense that adding in another DD whose job is to take down the enemy would increase the survivability of the enemy.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    As many people have stated in the past, it gets a bit unbalanced when the more people you throw in increases your survivability, when it should be the other way around.

For example, if 20 level 100 players geared with TT99/R8/G12-based gear and up to Tier 2 Nirvana weapons wailed nonstop with debuffs, stuns, seals, silences, immobilizations, and so on, on a full R9r2 non-caster, they would die pretty quickly because it would always be constantly 20 people attacking due to the R9r2 non-caster not being able to attack due to the CC that's being spammed on them.

However, if the person being attacking a R9r2 caster, they can just spam skills to 1-2 shot the R8/TT99/G12 geared players because of how often the purify proc triggers, which allows them to use skills and move around (at 15 m/s speed to top it off).

It just doesn't make logical sense that adding in another DD whose job is to take down the enemy would increase the survivability of the enemy.

No, normally it doesn't. But on PWI it does.

Perfect World: NOT EVEN ONCE.
  • DoggyStylin - Sanctuary
    DoggyStylin - Sanctuary Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Forsaken World <--> Perfect World name change? b:question
  • Nry - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »

I was actually in agreement that it was overpowered...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't like how much Purify Spell overlaps with archer's 79 skill Elven Alacrity.

It does the same thing except alacrity has a 3 minute cooldown, costs a spark, and doesn't purify. Purify Spell on the other hand costs no spark, purifies, can proc when stunned, and can proc every few seconds. It just makes alacrity seem like a crappy version of Purify Spell (though I'm understating how alacrity can be used offensively since you can cast it when you want, Purify Spell is far superior defensively).

It's actually kind of annoying how often archer gets a worse version of another classes skill:
    Winged Shell is a worse version of cleric's wings of protection.
    Archer stealth is a worse version of sin stealth.
    Frost arrow is a worse version of wizard Gush.
    Aim low is a worse version of Heartseeker etc etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't like how much Purify Spell overlaps with archer's 79 skill Elven Alacrity.

It does the same thing except alacrity has a 3 minute cooldown, costs a spark, and doesn't purify. Purify Spell on the other hand costs no spark, purifies, can proc when stunned, and can proc every few seconds. It just makes alacrity seem like a crappy version of Purify Spell (though I'm understating how alacrity can be used offensively since you can cast it when you want, Purify Spell is far superior defensively).

It's actually kind of annoying how often archer gets a worse version of another classes skill:
    Winged Shell is a worse version of cleric's wings of protection.
    Archer stealth is a worse version of sin stealth.
    Frost arrow is a worse version of wizard Gush.
    Aim low is a worse version of Heartseeker etc etc

archers are the red headed stepchild of the game b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daialura - Heavens Tear
    Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll take God of Frenzy or Spirit Blackhole on my magic attacks if I can't have purify, thanks. Sheesh... Casters get a decent proc for the first time ever and the QQ blows up the forums...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll take God of Frenzy or Spirit Blackhole on my magic attacks if I can't have purify, thanks. Sheesh... Casters get a decent proc for the first time ever and the QQ blows up the forums...

There is a difference between decent and overpowered. I like the idea of a defensive proc on casters, but with how often Purify Proc fires it's a bit too much - the frequency needs to go down or the antistun afterwords or purify effect should be removed.

In the end, just NW with a Purify Proc caster pulling flags and win that way. May not make sense in terms of DD vs Tank, but you make do with what you got till it changes.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Trying to take part in the discussion but finding it hard to not mock "pro-purify" people. It`s simply ridiculously broken in mass PvP. Fact is R999 is fairly expensive, if it was say 50 bucks, another 50 for refines and another for shards, there really wouldnt be such a issue. Sure, it would still be unbalanced in it`s essence but there would be far less of those totally undergeared people creating the absurd concept of more ppl hitting caster = caster is more likely to survive.

Now there is massive gap just from stats of gear, refines and shards between players. Purify proc is therefore massively broken due such a power gap, where a lot of people deal insignificant damage to OP geared casters and their hits only proc the purify spell.

There really is simple way to fix the issue. Leave the purify in it and take everything else off. It has little change to 1 vs 1 PvP, where the proc wasnt problem in the first place but it would fix the godmode issue of mass PvP.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013

You'd take that back if you knew how lame purge is compared to the other two :3
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray