higher tier gear

Options
laobanshee
laobanshee Posts: 75 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
firstly, gms if this is the wrong place please move it.

when my friends stop telling me to wait for them to level up >.> i need to know where is the best place to obtain some lv 40 and 50 gear from, preferbally at least the weapon since i need to be able to maintain my dps for higher level mobs please and thank you :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] supporter of the anit rayan movement, for those who are curious of the origin of this char it represents the manifestation of boredom of the char namely, elijahskor
Post edited by laobanshee on

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If you are not a sin or psy, i think there should be a lvl 48 quest at town of arivals where you get a weapon for reward. I am however not sure if this quest is there for all other classes. I just know i got it on my barb and that its not there for tideborn.

Espescially for caster chars i would advise checking the AH very regularly for purple armor items with as many of the following properties:
    +All or at least 4 out of the 5 resistances.
    +HP bonus
    +many sockets (insert flawless citrine if item is worth it, else whatever lower level you happen to have laying around or find really cheap)
    With some luck, you can find these items for 50k max. Including the sharding, and +1 or +2 refinement I'd be willing to spend a few 100k on the best of these and just keep them for your future characters to use.

Check the forges in front of general summers. There are some items you can craft with the right molds. If there is something you really like, you can check the AH for it and see if you can find either the item, or the mold to make it at a price you are willing to pay.

I only advise to spend significant money on items if either you can sell them when you are done with them, or you plan to use them for future characters you are gonna make. If its just for this characters one time use and then wasted, its not really worth spending money on items until level 70 or so. However if you know you are gonna be able to sell them for at least the price you payed for it, there is no reason not to spend any amount of money you have available. (like for a +5 refined weapon with 2 sockets) Only yellow items are properly resellable though.
  • laobanshee
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i have enough mats where according to the pricing of the items currently, it will be affordable, thank you and so its better for hp over vitality gems?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] supporter of the anit rayan movement, for those who are curious of the origin of this char it represents the manifestation of boredom of the char namely, elijahskor
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You should have access to rank I armor (chest and legs).
    Quest reward and drops normally fill out the feet and hands and jewels.
    At level 40 you can start the school teacher quest and after 30 days (times) you get a level 50 ring that isn't bad.

At level 60 you can get Rank 4 armor at Dreamweaver Port and your HH 60 weapon.

level 50 range stuff kind of hard to find unless you get a nice mold or 3 star drop...
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    laobanshee wrote: »
    i have enough mats where according to the pricing of the items currently, it will be affordable, thank you and so its better for hp over vitality gems?

What class are you? Advice is really different for each class type (Tank/DD/Healer).
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Just rough it out till 60

Not many good lowbie gears on the market these days
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • laobanshee
    edited March 2013
    Options
    mystic, currently its fine but i cant afford to straight out dps with lv 1 skill without dieing, i have to rely on my phys dmg summon which ik is bad as a tank whilst i get out my burst damage and kill a creature, leaving minimal damage and low healing cost in mana