Has sage /demon rez made you a worse cleric?

Options
TrueHarmony - Archosaur
TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Cleric
ever since ive gotten it ive stopped trying so hard to keep everyone alive. If they die its just like "meh, you don't lose anything out of it"

* channels cross map rez*
Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TrueHarmony - Archosaur on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Better gear has made me a worse player in many aspects. I just get lazy with the "I can tank that np" attitude.

But having demon rez really hasn't effected my gameplay, just a nice perk. I personally have never cared too much about exp loss since its easy to replace in most aspects, but chi and mana and buffs all are annoying to replace in a fast run.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Nope. If anything, it makes it easier for me to focus, because my rez casts way faster. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The (almost) constant BB-ing made me a worse cleric, not lvl11 revive.
  • The_Cure_ - Dreamweaver
    The_Cure_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Everyone being so overgeared for instances has made me a lazy cleric. Its not hard to keep everyone alive anymore. The rez doesn't even come into play. And agreed on the constant BB.
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    For me it was Ancestor's Blessing, not sage rez b:surrender
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Nop I don't become more lazy cause of that. I wanted demon one for the chan in TW cause even the best cleric will have dead to ress in TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The (almost) constant BB-ing made me a worse cleric, not lvl11 revive.

lol...this also. People pulled to many mobs? Well i could ih a couple people, steam of rejuvi another, then wellspring a squishy before i chromatic heal...OR i could press BB and go make a sandwich
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Everyone being so overgeared for instances has made me a lazy cleric. Its not hard to keep everyone alive anymore.

Lol, this. But its a major difference when I switch from my +10 12k sin and 30k barb friends to random squads with a 4.5k sin and 16k barb. Quite the challenge which is one reason I run with random squads regularly.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    lol...this also. People pulled to many mobs? Well i could ih a couple people, steam of rejuvi another, then wellspring a squishy before i chromatic heal...OR i could press BB and go make a sandwich

lol! this is so true haha, i try not to BB much thought >.< caus i don't afk a lot so BB is like boring (coughs full delta)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The whole "BB!" cry has made me an aggravated cleric. I was having folks ask for BB in Warsong when all they planned on doing was kill group by group. b:surrender

Rez? No. I'd much rather not have to use it. I now, really, only have to use it now when someone gets one-shot or a factionmate asks for a rez.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    R9s are usually fail clerics. Not sure it the r9 made them become fail, or they were fail to begin for aiming towards a dd weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options
    R9s are usually fail clerics. Not sure it the r9 made them become fail, or they were fail to begin for aiming towards a dd weapon.

True majority of R9 cleric fail, I see TT99 clerics better then R9, I think the power make them forget how to play their class.

About BB seriously, I already said somewhere else, but a cleric 101 asked me to BB in BH59... cleric BB where it's not needed and don't BB where it's needed...

Too many cleric don't have the BH39/51/69 that old cleric have. To deal with a big AOE without BB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    well when I was playing mhy cleric, I still felt fail anytime I had to rez even when it was not my fault. I HATE having to use rez. Sage rez has come in handy though, and people do try more "suicidal" things when I tell them I have sage rez though, so that's sometimes fun sometimes a pain in the rear end. But it made runs more interesting when i was playing because of that mindset.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Having a mystic in a squad that heals faster while doing dd makes a lot of clerics somewhat lazier imho...

Just remembered a cleric in my very last bh79 run telling me not to rez buff her because she has level 11 res. I think on RT at least having a level 11 rez makes some clerics dumberb:surrender

@ Ooontz can't agree more on that one. Or to add insult to injury R9 +UV dance
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Cellerus - Archosaur
    Cellerus - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sage rez has made me a worse cleric somehow.
    Once one person knows, they tell the whole group.

In Aeu one day l was the only healer. The squad started killing the boss while l was stuck on the edge of the circle due to lag. l asked everyone to stop killing so l can get in before the boss spawns. No one pays attention and that resulted in a squad wipe of everyone but the rrr9 seeker.

l went back to town, which is fine. Everyone in the squad that died stayed dead waiting for my sage rez.
    The seeker and l killed the boss without any of the dd's.

l didn't feel like rezzing the useless people anymore.

The squad threatened to kick me because 'l don't know how to play a cleric' and 'clerics are supposed to rez'

lf anyone asks, l have lvl 1 rez.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    l went back to town, which is fine. Everyone in the squad that died stayed dead waiting for my sage rez.
    The seeker and l killed the boss without any of the dd's.
    *applauds* Yesyes <3
    Eum I mean o.o Freakin' squads never listening to their clerie D:!
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I agree BB makes clerics worse. I hate the skill and vortex as well.

I like challenges instead of the easy way out. And if i did FCs in my lower levels (around 80) without seeker and BM, i wouldnt make an issue of it and go for it. It would however often mean that i would not kill my pulls within invoke time and i would need a properly stacked IH to keep me alive after IH.

Many clerics didnt seem to get the fact that there are other options than BB and would BB even after i asked them to stack IH on me.

And out of those that did know where to find their IH skill, many seemed not to understand the principle of stacking it and only start IHing when they'd see me lose HPs. Again even after i explained them whats the plan.

It still anoys me when i think about these days of failsquads. The only thing peole in PWI seem capable of is running after APS sins and bringing mobs to seekers and clerics that are getting sandwiches and coffee while using BB and vortex
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I agree BB makes clerics worse. I hate the skill and vortex as well.

I like challenges instead of the easy way out. And if i did FCs in my lower levels (around 80) without seeker and BM, i wouldnt make an issue of it and go for it. It would however often mean that i would not kill my pulls within invoke time and i would need a properly stacked IH to keep me alive after IH.

Many clerics didnt seem to get the fact that there are other options than BB and would BB even after i asked them to stack IH on me.

And out of those that did know where to find their IH skill, many seemed not to understand the principle of stacking it and only start IHing when they'd see me lose HPs. Again even after i explained them whats the plan.

It still anoys me when i think about these days of failsquads. The only thing peole in PWI seem capable of is running after APS sins and bringing mobs to seekers and clerics that are getting sandwiches and coffee while using BB and vortex

Well, someone sounds a little butthurt. b:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Rages at this statement, stamps my feet and goes into UVD b:angry
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Rages at this statement, stamps my feet and goes into UVD b:angry
    *pat pat*
    Is okay, Smashie 'x3 Whenever I have to come up with a mental image of a cleric in pwi you're the one that comes to mind, so :3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think the lazy BB mode is what has made people a worse Cleric, among other things.
    I'm not ashamed to admit myself that I've become rather lazy and I consider myself not being as good a Cleric as I used to be (but then again I don't play my Cleric as much as I used to either).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mistiks - Raging Tide
    Mistiks - Raging Tide Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Every time i have to rez someone in any instance i feel worst cleric.

PPl arent sopoused to die if u pay enought attention, in fact my r9r made me more aware (everyone will remeber if an r9 cleric let them die, they feel more secure with u so they tend to do kamikaze stuff so sometimes is a pain ) so for me is a shame to let ppl die having r9r i am sopused to be stronger now and as i always said A Cleric Shouldt Die in first place, if u die squad wipes.

I make jokes sometimes to my squadsas i have lvl 1 rez... but for me taking care of others is priority and i am proud of the investement i made on my skills not only lvl 11 rez. Skills have to be balances with gears and a friendly actitude. They trust the cleric so dont disapoint them.
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Every time i have to rez someone in any instance i feel worst cleric.

PPl arent sopoused to die if u pay enought attention, in fact my r9r made me more aware (everyone will remeber if an r9 cleric let them die, they feel more secure with u so they tend to do kamikaze stuff so sometimes is a pain ) so for me is a shame to let ppl die having r9r i am sopused to be stronger now and as i always said A Cleric Shouldt Die in first place, if u die squad wipes.

I make jokes sometimes to my squadsas i have lvl 1 rez... but for me taking care of others is priority and i am proud of the investement i made on my skills not only lvl 11 rez. Skills have to be balances with gears and a friendly actitude. They trust the cleric so dont disapoint them.

Sometime people do stupid stuff that you can't save.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I do whatever I think will cost me less time, and coin. L11 res costs a bit. Regeneration Aura and Chromatic Healing Beam have made most clerics worse.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Cellerus - Archosaur
    Cellerus - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    I do whatever I think will cost me less time, and coin. L11 res costs a bit. Regeneration Aura and Chromatic Healing Beam have made most clerics worse.

Neither of those skills make clerics worse, not knowing when to use it and spamming it does.
  • Enthana - Heavens Tear
    Enthana - Heavens Tear Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Personally demon ress did not make me a worse/more lazy cleric but since the moment i got it i been more suicidal on my other toons since i can just bring my cleric if i ever die and not loose any xpb: If i feel like try soloing something thats totally of my league just for the heck of it i don't hesitate to (like harpy wraith)b:laugh.

I have to say tho Im not a big fan of using bb all the time..It becomes really boring especially in RDelta as someone already mentioned. Today i see bb way overused in instanced where its not needed. I seen clerics try bb in bh51 and bh69 for exmaple where ih and ih+purify is a much better option. Also happens that i see whole sqauds yellin for bb even tho the cleric itself trying to explain its not needed, or thats is just better to use ih.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    happens that i see whole sqauds yellin for bb even tho the cleric itself trying to explain its not needed, or thats is just better to use ih.

+1

You know how panicked people get when they're facing even an easy boss and there's no bb? I bet 50% of level 100 characters want a bb for Brig and Linus. Its their safety blanket.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Also happens that i see whole sqauds yellin for bb even tho the cleric itself trying to explain its not needed, or thats is just better to use ih.
    +1

You know how panicked people get when they're facing even an easy boss and there's no bb? I bet 50% of level 100 characters want a bb for Brig and Linus. Its their safety blanket.

Both of this. I'm sick of squads screaming for BB, especially when I know BB will not stay up (like in Water and Wood vile bosses, and Water boss) because they cannot kill fast enough. But trying to explain that to a squad is like pulling teeth. b:surrender I end up just IH/purify/WoP anyway, and maybe the only one that dies is a squishy BM or sin.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ok, there is one good thing about BB, it is nice to dual client barb and cleric :) run in barb with cleric just on follow, swich to cleric, set BB, go play barb... Sometimes squads dont even notice you dual client b:pleased
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ok, there is one good thing about BB, it is nice to dual client barb and cleric :) run in barb with cleric just on follow, swich to cleric, set BB, go play barb... Sometimes squads dont even notice you dual client b:pleased

Well, the main reason bb is great is for sins/BMs tanking. Why do I need 12k in IH heals every 3 seconds and a purify when the average sin only has about...7k hp? And BMs run about 8k. The damage reduction of bb become more valuable than the heals itself.

And if IH is healing 12k every 3 seconds but my sin is getting 25k heals every 3 seconds from bp it makes IH kind of pointless.

Not to mention a sin can pretty much just spark purify whenever they want. Every 12 seconds, or sooner if they use a chi skill.

So I understand why bb is so popular but its the clerics call on how to heal. Cleric's need to know the bosses and know their squadmates capabilities, then chose right. If the dd doesn't need a bubble then the cleric should be debuffing while healing.

Edit: reason I quoted you is because I do that all the time, lol. I'm a clawbarb, too, so I just swap and bb during 3 second spark immunity.