mystic pvp

atiris1
atiris1 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Mystic
Hey guys. I am returning after two years away. I use to play a mystic, though only got him to level 50. After trying a ton of classes, I've returned full circle to mystics once more. I feel that the classes mechanics has chemistry with my playstyle as a gamer. What I am curious about is how well they fair in pvp. When I first played, they were still a new class. So now I'm sure there's been enough time for them to establish a reputation.

P.s, the mystic community seems to be the most active and also assisted me the most with my last question, and for that I thank you.
Post edited by atiris1 on

Comments

• Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Mystics are nice pvp class. They have some tricks that can really **** off oponents.

- nearly instant, spammable self heal: unless you stun/silence/1hit you have no real chance to kill a simmiliar EQ mystic that just spamms his "heal" skill - till he decide it is boring and start to be more offensive and less defensive
    - Falling Petals heal buff: you will never kill a mystic by suprise - Petals will heal him for 9 secs after 1st hit giving him time for a reaction,
    - Devil: the summon has the fastest stun skill in the game, and after fast resumonning the skill is out of cooldown so can be used again,
    - Bramble Tornado: the only pushing skill in the game that works in pvp,
    - Gale Force: short range, silencing and immobilising fast aoe,
    - Thicket: like Gale Force but long range, not so fast and require 2 sparks
    - nearly instant, spammable wood dmg attack (NV) that slows target down (and puts an effect that increase Absorb Soul dmg)
    - NV+Absorb Soul: combination that a mystic use to 2-hit almost any arcane armor oponent.
    - aoe sleep plant
    - plants that heal (Vital herb ftw)
    - stun and freeze immunity skill

And finally:

- Ress Buff: even if you manage to kill the mystic he will be back in a few secs ready for a fight-back. b:shocked

It is really funny to go NW on mystic xD If i set Vital herb and control my Gale force I can easly tank a few people similliar gear. Yeah, I might die while doing it but I don't care - I return to fight instantly (ress buff) so it doesnt matter. Sometimes, when someone **** me off I intentionally fight him, die, fight, die even 3 times in row just to find a way to kill him. And at the end - I win and he returns to spawn point. :D

Mystics are some kind of death gods (or a zombie...) - you cant really kill them because thay are kinda immortal. xD
  • SaintEve - Raging Tide
    SaintEve - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Mystics are nice pvp class. They have some tricks that can really **** off oponents.

- nearly instant, spammable self heal: unless you stun/silence/1hit you have no real chance to kill a simmiliar EQ mystic that just spamms his "heal" skill - till he decide it is boring and start to be more offensive and less defensive
    - Falling Petals heal buff: you will never kill a mystic by suprise - Petals will heal him for 9 secs after 1st hit giving him time for a reaction,
    - Devil: the summon has the fastest stun skill in the game, and after fast resumonning the skill is out of cooldown so can be used again,
    - Bramble Tornado: the only pushing skill in the game that works in pvp,
    - Gale Force: short range, silencing and immobilising fast aoe,
    - Thicket: like Gale Force but long range, not so fast and require 2 sparks
    - nearly instant, spammable wood dmg attack (NV) that slows target down (and puts an effect that increase Absorb Soul dmg)
    - NV+Absorb Soul: combination that a mystic use to 2-hit almost any arcane armor oponent.
    - aoe sleep plant
    - plants that heal (Vital herb ftw)
    - stun and freeze immunity skill

And finally:

- Ress Buff: even if you manage to kill the mystic he will be back in a few secs ready for a fight-back. b:shocked

It is really funny to go NW on mystic xD If i set Vital herb and control my Gale force I can easly tank a few people similliar gear. Yeah, I might die while doing it but I don't care - I return to fight instantly (ress buff) so it doesnt matter. Sometimes, when someone **** me off I intentionally fight him, die, fight, die even 3 times in row just to find a way to kill him. And at the end - I win and he returns to spawn point. :D

Mystics are some kind of death gods (or a zombie...) - you cant really kill them because thay are kinda immortal. xD

and let's not forget the cragglord, even tho it lasts for 20 sec, it produces a lot of damage, plus it has a lot of hp.
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    and let's not forget the cragglord, even tho it lasts for 20 sec, it produces a lot of damage, plus it has a lot of hp.

no. Do not use the cragg in pvp.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    klys wrote: »
    no. Do not use the cragg in pvp.

^ That. No cragg in pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • azakiel4
    azakiel4 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why no Cragg in pvp?
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Using cragg in pvp is a waste of time. It is usually better to get thicket or 3rd spark.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Goooo Mystic, the only class in the entire game that doesn't have a single person ranked on the all class kill/death ratio board
    The only class in the game not ranked in most kills list!

Whooooo~

/troll

But seriously, Mystics are awful in pvp and the two statements i made above are true. This is coming from an unbias non mystic source.
    They aren't a bad class, but they ARE bad for pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That's an interesting statement, considering most Mystics that post in this forum claim to be PK Mystics. So, I guess you are calling them all epic failures?

Mystics are great in TW which is a form of PvP. We are a support class, and can cause a lot of mischief on the battlefield. We may not personally kill you, but we can certainly throw a monkey wrench into whatever the plan was, and set you up for an easier kill.

Craglord can be used effectively in TW. I can see him not being effective in 1v1 PK because by the time you summon, heal and get one of his spells going you would probably be dead. Hes a temporary summon so its not like you'd be just hanging around with him like you would Storm Mistress or Devil. Also, his spells are AoEs, and if there are other PKers around watching, Idk if they would pull others into the 1v1 or not. Im not a PKer.

That PK death theory being said, Im sure a smart Mystic somewhere has already figured a way around that somehow. It certainly wouldnt surprise me if they had.

I remember a time not so long ago that the Mystic was considered OP, and the Craglord ruled in PK. Im only playing less than 2 years.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    I was stating facts which you can go check for yourself.
    Mystics are the only class on the game who's scores are too low to rank on the all class lists.
    This is true for both overall pvp kills AND kill/death ratio. I have nothing against the class, I'm just answering the OP's question.

Personally, only one Mystic has ever killed me that I'm aware of. She's rank 9 third cast and a marshal in my faction. That being said, i use r9 weapon currently with a hodge podge of rank 8 and NV armor but i kill her in a fight ten out of ten times.

I have no argument Mystics are good support and great to have on your team pvp or otherwise for their heals and their buff, but as far as killing other players they are pitifully sub-par. They ought to receive an upgrade in future expansions, they need it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    Arctix - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was stating facts which you can go check for yourself.
    Mystics are the only class on the game who's scores are too low to rank on the all class lists.
    This is true for both overall pvp kills AND kill/death ratio. I have nothing against the class, I'm just answering the OP's question.

Personally, only one Mystic has ever killed me that I'm aware of. She's rank 9 third cast and a marshal in my faction. That being said, i use r9 weapon currently with a hodge podge of rank 8 and NV armor but i kill her in a fight ten out of ten times.

I have no argument Mystics are good support and great to have on your team pvp or otherwise for their heals and their buff, but as far as killing other players they are pitifully sub-par. They ought to receive an upgrade in future expansions, they need it.

Mystic part of the ranking is glitched
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I do the same to cragglords as I do to triple sparkers or barb coming to arma. Walk away.

Mystic sure is a very nasty class in PK with all their seals and knockback even. Besides, unless you deal a lot of damage above their gear level, they're hard to take down with their heals. I really wouldn't underestimate a mystic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Mystic part of the ranking is glitched

Go to European Forums (French or German), go to rankings and filter it to see Mystics only across all servers. You will see the list of top Mystics. It isn't glitched, you will find all their scores are simply too low to be displayed on the all class list.

Check for yourself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Go to European Forums (French or German), go to rankings and filter it to see Mystics only across all servers. You will see the list of top Mystics. It isn't glitched, you will find all their scores are simply too low to be displayed on the all class list.

Check for yourself

The european rankings don't work either for a few months. They're more recent than the english ones but still months behind.

And anyways mystics are so badly viewed cause it's not a faceroll class. It's hard to play so most ppl quit thinking they suck. That's also why the mystic population is so low. And the ones that are good don't have the gear to compete and get in the rankings. Personally i hope mystics don't get buffed at all so it stays hard to play, at least till i get my end game gear to see how i fare and just to prove a point.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    The european rankings don't work either for a few months. They're more recent than the english ones but still months behind.

And anyways mystics are so badly viewed cause it's not a faceroll class. It's hard to play so most ppl quit thinking they suck. That's also why the mystic population is so low. And the ones that are good don't have the gear to compete and get in the rankings. Personally i hope mystics don't get buffed at all so it stays hard to play, at least till i get my end game gear to see how i fare and just to prove a point.

I see. I wasn't aware that every single Mystic in the game coincidentally happened to be a terrible player or have terrible gear.

Also wasn't aware of those pro Mystics which suddenly tripled their scores last month.

Side note though, they updated less than a week or two ago. I know because i watched a LC seeker named Nnoitora jump up on the list as well as the #1 k/d placer drop a spot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I see. I wasn't aware that every single Mystic in the game coincidentally happened to be a terrible player or have terrible gear.

Also wasn't aware of those pro Mystics which suddenly tripled their scores last month.

Side note though, they updated less than a week or two ago. I know because i watched a LC seeker named Nnoitora jump up on the list as well as the #1 k/d placer drop a spot

Say what u will. But i saw some mystics pk, it ain't even funny.

And I know ppl that lvled and it's not updated in rankings and after tws kill counts not updating. Idk what works and what not but it's broken. (I didn't want to imply mystics will magically be on first places on the rankings though but still).
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
    edited March 2013
    There's no denying the quality of gears has a definate effect on a players choice of whether to PK or not. What R9 doesnt have totally bound gears? What will they lose if they die? I even saw an R9 once that had his Tome bound. Hes not losing anything unless he wants too.

I on the other hand would lose a lot. I cant find any rationale for participating in PK as I am. Hopefully, one day I catch up.

As for the Nirvy T3 gears, I see them as only half as good as R9. That's an undeniable disadvantage.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    There's no denying the quality of gears has a definate effect on a players choice of whether to PK or not. What R9 doesnt have totally bound gears? What will they lose if they die? I even saw an R9 once that had his Tome bound. Hes not losing anything unless he wants too.

I on the other hand would lose a lot. I cant find any rationale for participating in PK as I am. Hopefully, one day I catch up.

As for the Nirvy T3 gears, I see them as only half as good as R9. That's an undeniable disadvantage.

NV 3rd is equal or arguably even better than rank 9 is.
    Rank 9 third cast however is better than it.

But, like I said before, I was not aware that every single Mystic on every single server had bad gear and used that as a precursor for their abstaining in PvP. My mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013

NV 3rd is equal or arguably even better than rank 9 is.
    Rank 9 third cast however is better than it.

But, like I said before, I was not aware that every single Mystic on every single server had bad gear and used that as a precursor for their abstaining in PvP. My mistake.

No they dont all have bad gear. We lost an R9T3 Mystic on RT recently. Rumor has it he wont be playing again for at least 2 years. I dont think Mystics are like say Assassins. Its not like everyone makes one, and learns to play it well. If Im not playing a char well, Im not going to enjoy it.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Mystics being rather difficult to play well DD-wise combined with them being archer food are probably the real reasons why you don't see many.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm a mystic,
    I'm ranked,
    I have no problems in pk,
    any argument against mystics is moot in my eyes.

If mystics get an upgrade they will become even more broken.
    edited March 2013
    Goooo Mystic, the only class in the entire game that doesn't have a single person ranked on the all class kill/death ratio board
    The only class in the game not ranked in most kills list!

Just lol, just for the lvl part there's lvl 102 of other servers, but not 103+ of HL, seem legit.
    The rank page in every language is ****.

There's a mystic lvl 90 with 634 on mystic ranking (and she's there since a while), while there's mystics I see on HL constantly red name, everyday, so you really think that there's 0 mystic lvl 100+ that got more then 634 kills?
    That's an interesting statement, considering most Mystics that post in this forum claim to be PK Mystics.

I never claim to be a pk mystic, I do pvp sometime, but not all the time.

Edit: Even if ranking pages was working, there's some people from HL on that list that are really bad at their class, but just camp kill low level all day, so that just show that mystics at least don't spend their day kill lvl40 just to be in the ranking pages and we do have people on HL that admitted kill lowbies to be in the ranking pages so TROLOLOL ranking page is **** and mean nothing.

If you was making a kill work only on their own lvl or higher I bet you that a LOT of people on your precious ranking would not be on it anymore. There's people on the ranking that didn't play sine more then a year, but got thousand kill cause they was camping lowbie area everyday all day to get red hours and kills.

If they want to make a fair ranking they should reset it at 0 and restart it completely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The only good mystic I have seen in the whole PW is LookMyFace. Too bad his gears blows, and I never got to have a real 1vs1.
    edited March 2013
    I never claim to be a pk mystic, I do pvp sometime, but not all the time.

Edit: Even if ranking pages was working, there's some people from HL on that list that are really bad at their class, but just camp kill low level all day, so that just show that mystics at least don't spend their day kill lvl40 just to be in the ranking pages and we do have people on HL that admitted kill lowbies to be in the ranking pages so TROLOLOL ranking page is **** and mean nothing.

If you was making a kill work only on their own lvl or higher I bet you that a LOT of people on your precious ranking would not be on it anymore. There's people on the ranking that didn't play sine more then a year, but got thousand kill cause they was camping lowbie area everyday all day to get red hours and kills.

If they want to make a fair ranking they should reset it at 0 and restart it completely.

You dont have to be a PK Mystic Bella, still doesnt mean that most of the Mystics that post in this forum dont claim to be PK Mystics.

Its not MY precious ranking, LOL. Its also not my thread. b:thanks

I would agree about a reset, but whats the point? If the scores are manipulatable, a reset isnt going to change anything, unless the ranked player left the game long ago or something. Seems like everything in this game is easily manipulated, tbh. Even the new NW.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Eh, the rankings are garbage anyway. I mean, the top player for mystics is someone who literally runs out of SZ, demon sparks, spams NV, then IG and run back to SZ. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There's a mystic lvl 90 with 634 on mystic ranking (and she's there since a while), while there's mystics I see on HL constantly red name, everyday, so you really think that there's 0 mystic lvl 100+ that got more then 634 kills?

You need to have like ~4k kills to get on HL's list where as the threshold for for that mystic's server is a lot lower due to it being a PVE server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited March 2013
    Its not MY precious ranking, LOL. Its also not my thread. b:thanks

That wasn't for you, but for Kniraven cause he always use ranking pages for everything.
    You need to have like ~4k kills to get on HL's list where as the threshold for for that mystic's server is a lot lower due to it being a PVE server.

Yea, but if you check mystics all servers there's a mystic with 634 kills, shouldn't mystic sof HL been on that ranking if they have more kills?

They should change the way the ranking work. That's stupid that PVE servers can be on the ranking with 500 kills while PVP server need 4k+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2013
    That wasn't for you, but for Kniraven cause he always use ranking pages for everything.

Yea, but if you check mystics all servers there's a mystic with 634 kills, shouldn't mystic sof HL been on that ranking if they have more kills?

They should change the way the ranking work. That's stupid that PVE servers can be on the ranking with 500 kills while PVP server need 4k+.

Yeah, I see where you are coming from, a straight run of most kills seems fairer regardless of server. However, it also doesnt give anyone on an unranked server any goals to shoot for, other than just getting their server on the rank.

Wouldnt it seem like each servers players set those numbers though? Like you need to reach over 4K on a PvP server simply because of the amount of PvP that is done on that server, where as, one would think there is relatively little (in comparison) PK on a PvE server, so the number to beat would be less?

Also, I guess age of a server too. A server thats been with the game since it started would/should have a higher kill count than a newer server. In the end, its not a stupid system. The only way anyone's gonna 'ape' all the rankings is to roll a char to dominate on each one; which is a lot more difficult and fairer than to just roll with that players one set of kills from 1 server.
    edited March 2013
    If it's a rank for mystics for all servers, then pvp or pve shouldn't matter, if it's a ranking for mystic of one server then yes it should matter.

I personally think that every time they introduce a new class they should reset the count to be fair, so people don't use the excuse of ''it's a new class, its' normal it's not on the ranking'', in a way they are right cause mystic exist now since what 2 years maybe? So a archer that play since 4 years have the advantage on the mystic nvm the server.

I remember on HL people that was camping lowbies area (when questing was existing and popular) all day long, so of course they are still in the ranking cause they had thousand of kill and good K/D cause they wasn't PVPing vs their own lvl.

Yesterday again I got a guy again admitting he was pk low lvl to be red name and be in the ranking, so to me the ranking prove nothing about the best PVP class cause some people use lame ways to be in it.

If mystic was existing 4 years ago, if all class started at the same time I bet there would have been mystics in the ranking.

My mystic just got 1 year, so I think it's normal that I don't get 14k kills like the archer that play his char since more then 4 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    If it's a rank for mystics for all servers, then pvp or pve shouldn't matter, if it's a ranking for mystic of one server then yes it should matter.

I personally think that every time they introduce a new class they should reset the count to be fair, so people don't use the excuse of ''it's a new class, its' normal it's not on the ranking'', in a way they are right cause mystic exist now since what 2 years maybe? So a archer that play since 4 years have the advantage on the mystic nvm the server.

I remember on HL people that was camping lowbies area (when questing was existing and popular) all day long, so of course they are still in the ranking cause they had thousand of kill and good K/D cause they wasn't PVPing vs their own lvl.

Yesterday again I got a guy again admitting he was pk low lvl to be red name and be in the ranking, so to me the ranking prove nothing about the best PVP class cause some people use lame ways to be in it.

If mystic was existing 4 years ago, if all class started at the same time I bet there would have been mystics in the ranking.

My mystic just got 1 year, so I think it's normal that I don't get 14k kills like the archer that play his char since more then 4 years.
    Sorry I just got back to reading all of this. On the one hand i agree with you that its silly pvp servers have a higher ranking expectation but on the other, once someone meets that requirement they will be shown above the currently ranked pve server players.

As for your time advantage discrepancy argument, that is why i prefer to use kill/death ratio, because it simply calculates how often you kill as opposed to how often you are killed into a ratio. Being a 4 year old toon does not give you an advantage there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Idc about rankings BUT here comes my experiences with mystic PVP

On my own yet not lvl 100 mystic I usually beat te **** out of equal geared and same lvl / even higher lvl opponents pretty easily if I use my head enough to protect myself while killing the enemy as fast as possible.

On my barb I wipe mystics in NW all the time, I remember maybe only one mystic killing me and she was r9r2 while my barb is T3. On my barb I see most mystics as easy, maybe a bit annoying kills.

My cleric has difficulties against mystics mostly because of the summon.

As a one player only I cannot say much but in my opinion mystics arent the worst threat in PVP but they arent the least threat either... I don't think weakest class in PK exists but there are some strong end PK classes like archers, wizards and some clerics.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47