Can you guys complain about anything?

Options
LilTriss - Harshlands
LilTriss - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
The fact of the matter is, there is no making people happy.

People complained that sins were too over powered, and if they catch a caster in a stun at 5 aps, they would kill it. They gave casters a defense to this; Purify spell.

For ** sakes people. You can't keep complaining about every little thing that they do when they are trying to make people happy. You think they don't listen at all? Then why were the main skill changes in last update geared more towards the older classes, then tideborn? Psys and sins got almost nothing changed. Not to mention there morai skills are nothing to write home about.

I don't think this game has an imbalance in its classes, and before you start telling me in wrong, at least read the rest.

The issue is in the difference between low gear and high gear. And I think I've said this a million times. There is such a huge gap between 3rd cast R9 and all other gear sets. 3rd cast vana can compare to R9 1st, maybe 2nd cast. But only barely.

I truly believe that the invention of vana 3rd cast was the best attempt that has been done to correct that imbalance in gear. Sadly they brought it with something even more powerful, R9 3rd.

Any class has the ability to kill any other class. But when your gear simply doesn't allow you for the chance to do so, there is the problem. I believe that people are more upset about sins because they can get away with +4 gear and +10 weapon simply off of stealth.

Back on to purify spell. Honestly, it's not PWE's fault that every cast runs half way across the map when they proc. It was put in on R9 3rd weapons to help with defenses, and to save them from the endless stun lock that was sins and a good bm.

Honestly, rather then complain about OP classes, maybe you should look at your gear, and look at there gear. Maybe you will understand why that sin with +12 r9 daggers can kill you in your 3rd cast vana +5. It doesn't matter if they cash shopped or not, the fact is money makes the server stay online.

I simply want people to maybe try and see what's wrong with the game. Like that fact that we don't fit into our map, or our feet don't touch the ground in warsong, and a little less on the issue that are created by other players.

I would rather see an update on PWI's graphics engine, then another update on trying to fix the classes that aren't really broken.
Post edited by LilTriss - Harshlands on

Comments

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Agreed. From my daily gaming the impression I get is that everything is now gear related. Sure there is still AEU being done but looking on world chat its all about the gears.
  • darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Unfortunately when it comes to normals there is no filter amongst casual and competitive players. Some people (like myself) just want to play the game, have fun, and personally improve their skills. Other people are more of the OMG MAH WIN STREAK IS OVER I HAZ NOTHING ELSE TO LIVE FOR ELOHELL QQ because for whatever reason, even though they feel they are to us 'normals scrubs', they won't stay in ranked. just a game, people. Get out of your basement and go throw a frisbee.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Uhm, isn't the title sort of ironic? I mean, you're essentially complaining about how people complain about anything.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ...This qualifies as QQing about QQing.
    b:laugh
    Not that I disagree with you of course. The difference between NV3 vs R9.3 is pretty staggering. I still think that the purify and anti-stun are all that's needed for Purify Spell however. Getting purified and temporary immunity to most control skills is enough of a defense, so why should arcanes also get an additional positioning advantage as well (which is a quite a notable boon in NW)?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The fact of the matter is, there is no making people happy.

People complained that sins were too over powered, and if they catch a caster in a stun at 5 aps, they would kill it. They gave casters a defense to this; Purify spell.

For ** sakes people. You can't keep complaining about every little thing that they do when they are trying to make people happy. You think they don't listen at all? Then why were the main skill changes in last update geared more towards the older classes, then tideborn? Psys and sins got almost nothing changed. Not to mention there morai skills are nothing to write home about.

I don't think this game has an imbalance in its classes, and before you start telling me in wrong, at least read the rest.

The issue is in the difference between low gear and high gear. And I think I've said this a million times. There is such a huge gap between 3rd cast R9 and all other gear sets. 3rd cast vana can compare to R9 1st, maybe 2nd cast. But only barely.

I truly believe that the invention of vana 3rd cast was the best attempt that has been done to correct that imbalance in gear. Sadly they brought it with something even more powerful, R9 3rd.

Any class has the ability to kill any other class. But when your gear simply doesn't allow you for the chance to do so, there is the problem. I believe that people are more upset about sins because they can get away with +4 gear and +10 weapon simply off of stealth.

Back on to purify spell. Honestly, it's not PWE's fault that every cast runs half way across the map when they proc. It was put in on R9 3rd weapons to help with defenses, and to save them from the endless stun lock that was sins and a good bm.

Honestly, rather then complain about OP classes, maybe you should look at your gear, and look at there gear. Maybe you will understand why that sin with +12 r9 daggers can kill you in your 3rd cast vana +5. It doesn't matter if they cash shopped or not, the fact is money makes the server stay online.

I simply want people to maybe try and see what's wrong with the game. Like that fact that we don't fit into our map, or our feet don't touch the ground in warsong, and a little less on the issue that are created by other players.

I would rather see an update on PWI's graphics engine, then another update on trying to fix the classes that aren't really broken.

thats the thing with balance

when things are unbalanced it will be to the benefit of some and the detriment of others. when that balance is shifted in any way in the other direction, the shift will be to the detriment of those who got the greatest benefit from the imbalance, even if those who the imbalance favors are still better off after the shift than the ones who benefited from the shift.

there will always be someone to complain about it, since adjustments affect everyone differently.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Such is the human nature. Good things will go unnoticed mostly, but bad happenings, oh boy, there comes the QQ machine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Uhm, isn't the title sort of ironic? I mean, you're essentially complaining about how people complain about anything.

^ That. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    To correct the OP thread, we don't believe Purify is OP. Its the anti stun and speed boost bonus that they get right after it procs that's OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It is understandable when a class is OP due to gear difference. However, there is a problem when a class is still op even without gear difference. Such is the case of purify spell.

And the defense to aps is full r9 and morai skills. Full r9 can shard jades while aps gears just suck in terms of defense. Those are more than enough to counter it.

If a game is balanced then no class should feel that another class has a better advantage than themselves. With respect to their roles, of course. So I don't think being unlockable and zooming through the map at maximum speed soloing NW fights qualifies as a role of a DD, healer, or purge/amper.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It is understandable when a class is OP due to gear difference. However, there is a problem when a class is still op even without gear difference. Such is the case of purify spell.

And the defense to aps is full r9 and morai skills. Full r9 can shard jades while aps gears just suck in terms of defense. Those are more than enough to counter it.

If a game is balanced then no class should feel that another class has a better advantage than themselves. With respect to their roles, of course. So I don't think being unlockable and zooming through the map at maximum speed soloing NW fights qualifies as a role of a DD, healer, or purge/amper.

perfect balance is homogeneity
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It hasn't occured to some people that it is perfectly possible for something to be legitimately overpowered. Not every complaint people make is whining over nothing and "QQ". Occasionally even devs and GM's can mess up a little.

Purify alone, fair enough. Though for a caster, I would have imagined something like a 50% reduction of melee damage proc would have been a sensible defence idea against melee's and aps and such. But whatever, I'm no expert. Purify is fine. Purify into super kiting speed and anti-stun on the other hand is just silly.

I know most BM's in equal gear and skill level will just ignore a r999 caster as they aren't worth the effort to kill.
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    qq purify is overpowered

yeah well casters have been complaining for longer than you, so get in lineb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    qq purify is overpowered

yeah well casters have been complaining for longer than you, so get in lineb:angry

Yes, but that's usually because they suck at PvP. So this is kind of a bit different.

Hell, I still remember how people said clerics sucked at PvP, but I was the one wiping out 10+ people in one shot and soloing the highest level barbs on my server.

It's kind of why I coined the phrase, "just because you can't do it, doesn't mean I can't do it."
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Perfect balance can only ever be achieved by a slightly shifting the power balance regularly between the classes in a game like this, so we will always have the complaints from those who currently not at the top of the power table.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The thing about 'complaining' is that people often do it in the wrong way.
    If you can't offer a critique about something without also suggesting a reasonable solution it's just a waste of time and you come off as a QQer.

There are legitimate aspects of the game that are under/overpowered and need discussion to perhaps offer useful solutions. Potential discussion about these things shouldn't be squished, they should be encouraged.

Unfortunately around here a lot of potentially useful discussion is marred by too much trolling and useless whining.

It's true perfect balance is impossible, but sometimes I wonder how much actual play-testing goes into some of the things PW comes out with.
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Yeah, people should not complain so much .

Except when they do.

Which is almost always?

Of course Constructive Criticism is thoroughly and joyfully approved :3
  • geestring
    geestring Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    the only problem is they over do the countering eg the AA 3rd cast weapon they get purify speed and anti stun if they took out the speed or anti stun it wouldnt be as op and be a bit more balanced and as for archers they get same stealth lvl as sins and can use pots. im aware of your sin Lil you cant tell me its doesnt annoy you alittle cause im quite competent with my sin and it being non aps without zerk crits rowing up its like fighting a guard.
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    you can plz some of the people some of the time.but you cant plz all the people all of the time.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Truer words were never spoken. None of us will be able to sleep at night until the hovering issue is resolved and TW is revamped so that it has enough lands for every guild to get 20+ lands.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • titotit
    titotit Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Honestly the thing all of u guys are missing is that if someone doesn't complain, the world would be dull.

thinkaboutit
  • upsides
    upsides Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

I don't see what's wrong about complaining about complaining. If someone is complaining to you all the time and eventually you decide to tell them to stop complaining (which is a complaint in and of itself) then are you not allowed to tell them to stop since then you'd be QQing about QQ?

This is a case where people think something is stupid when it isn't.
  • arpirnat31
    arpirnat31 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    How about how wizards/mystics/veno's with aa armors can get more pdef than some physical classes with HA armors while still maintaining a much higher level of mdef?
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    upsides wrote: »
    I don't see what's wrong about complaining about complaining. If someone is complaining to you all the time and eventually you decide to tell them to stop complaining (which is a complaint in and of itself) then are you not allowed to tell them to stop since then you'd be QQing about QQ?

This is a case where people think something is stupid when it isn't.

You might want to try reading it again without inserting assuming a bias for me in how I feel about it. I pointed out it's ironic, which it is. That's pretty much it. Though if they didn't have the anything in the title, it would also lessen the irony a bit.
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    lets put this way, even wizzies can be one shot by a crit zerk of any class b:chuckle is archers who need a new thing to work
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    b:puzzled I'm going to complain about all the damn glitches instead of the balance...
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    arpirnat31 wrote: »
    How about how wizards/mystics/veno's with aa armors can get more pdef than some physical classes with HA armors while still maintaining a much higher level of mdef?

I do this often, but then damage output is self-nerfed, this makes unorthodox builds (with the exception of venos), PvE only. Just ask my HA Bowzard.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • upsides
    upsides Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You might want to try reading it again without inserting assuming a bias for me in how I feel about it. I pointed out it's ironic, which it is. That's pretty much it. Though if they didn't have the anything in the title, it would also lessen the irony a bit.

I'm using your post as a symbol for addressing the rest of the people in this thread. While you may just see the irony in QQing about QQing, others will mistakenly think that seeing the irony in something makes it stupid and my point addresses those people.
  • darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    b:puzzled I'm going to complain about all the damn glitches instead of the balance...

everyone are forgot about glitches.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    qq purify is overpowered

Go complain about your eggs smilies. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute