Psy or mystic

Options
RedXL - Harshlands
RedXL - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
Hey I have an account of a phy classes. BM,SIN,SEEKER,ARCHER. I'd like to make another account devoted to roling mag classes. Problem is I cant decide which is best for me, when i orginally began i had a wiz and didnt really enjpy the style too slow passed even with channel rings,nor did i enjoy the verbal abuse of clerics wether being fail or lagging. I like fast paced combat hence why i have predominately phy classes. Id like a nice mag class beside wiz amd cleric that can compliment my current chars well if they rolled am instance together, out of the question they MUST NUKE. Im leaning towards more a psy or mystic but before anyone gives thier oppinion. I spent over 2k CSimg my phy classes hope it doesnt need to get that high for mu mag classes. So as a main for a mag class what would be a good and affordable mag class that i wont spend more then 500 for endgame. Im ppen minded to all but wiz, and cleric. Thanks all
Post edited by RedXL - Harshlands on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Please don't post the same thread in so many locations next time.

Moved to general.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    If you want fast dropped aoe nukes, psy is the one to go for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Mystics have summond pets (sort of like venos) A mystic is also able to heal partys as a sub- healer.
    IUf you like magic classes you could go with one till level 30 and see how it goes.

If you like dropping down other classes like BM'sBarbs anything that hurts, go as a psy, psy's are really fun i currently have a 64 psy that i love ahaha
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
  • RedXL - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Problem when psy are REALLY expensive still finishing my phy acc 16 gears. But can a psy still excel with the budget i set out (500)? In all my phy char cost.ke arpund 3k dollars tbh
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    No, you can't make an end-game r9rr caster char for just $500 unless you merch that money first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • RedXL - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    No, you can't make an end-game r9rr caster char for just $500 unless you merch that money first.

Honestly i was going to male archer R9 geez i have to do the same with psy. Is the cost effecting factor really worth it? I mean every single psy i see has 10 (any good ones anyway) but is it trurly worth it? I guess i can pump $1500 for R9 but id like input,before i swipe my card thanks.
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    A friend of mine is always complaining bout how bored her psy is, is just same skills over and over...
    Is full r9 3rd cast and she says she should have rolled a veno or a wiz instead
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedXL - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    A friend of mine is always complaining bout how bored her psy is, is just same skills over and over...
    Is full r9 3rd cast and she says she should have rolled a veno or a wiz instead

I remember wiz was char i rolled still have it at 85. They eere repetative lol. Not to.mention it felt like you were trapped as a high DD but the stuns kept you immoble till you were dead i mean at least psy can stun and silent not sure shrink useful if shadow tele,voidstep,or reckless rush in effect but mabe i was never high enough
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I'm guessing not many endgame mystics are posting here so I'm gonna vouch for MYSTIC. We are underplayed and very OP when played right.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I doubt there's a lot of end game mystics if any. on HL we don't have any full R9rr with the rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I doubt there's a lot of end game mystics if any. on HL we don't have any full R9rr with the rest.
    There might be one hidden under a rock somewhere, planning evil things.
  • RedXL - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    I'm guessing not many endgame mystics are posting here so I'm gonna vouch for MYSTIC. We are underplayed and very OP when played right.

Thanks for the input since it really didnt seem nobody would speak for you guys. But ill be honest ever since my bn got G16 as long i had chi even R9 mystics werent that big of a deal to handle. So how are they OP i wont lie. Thier support skills are amazing but how are they OP and would the pets really be all that in pvp? I mean veno nix used to put fear in the souls of people now they are usually many peoples drum sticks lol. Anyways besides the awesome support skills how would a mystic fair as a DDer and Nuke because i wanna mag pvp aswell as fine squads?
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    mystics dont have pets- they have summons, which is something many people, even mystics don't understand- they should be thought of as skills that last a very long time in the shape of a creature - a devil on def mode acts like soul of stunning- or used offensively- a long range spammable stun. Falling petals buys you time after being attacked- much like soul of silence gives psys time to react. The absorb soul combo is ridiculous. Anti-stun bm rushing u or a wiz channeling long ulti? pffft say hi to bramble tornado. gale force- fast channel huge diameter- sexy procs- chain it with lucky break and/or spark to see some wtfbbqsauce destruction. Those are some examples of what mystics can do with dd. you already said they are good at support- and they are with almost every debuff known to pwi, and some nice crowd control with thicket, gale, listless, tornado. The instant heals well... what can i say- theyre effin instant heals. pdef is super sexy by default. If you're worried about finding squads for pve well, GL to whatever sqds turn down a legit mystic- sucks for them- sqd wipes are near impossible if the mystic knows which way is up. as a matter of fact, **** sqds, mystics can solo everything pve related- delta, tm, fcc, bh etc.. well, i guess any class with endgame gear can do that nowadays. Going back to the comparison- psys biggest advantage would be the long range aoes, and mystics would be the control they have. I probably missed stuff but i'm to lazy to even format this block of txt, so im done tinking for now.
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Psy are fun to play...b:victory
    thats enough for me :D
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • RedXL - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    mystics dont have pets- they have summons, which is something many people, even mystics don't understand- they should be thought of as skills that last a very long time in the shape of a creature - a devil on def mode acts like soul of stunning- or used offensively- a long range spammable stun. Falling petals buys you time after being attacked- much like soul of silence gives psys time to react. The absorb soul combo is ridiculous. Anti-stun bm rushing u or a wiz channeling long ulti? pffft say hi to bramble tornado. gale force- fast channel huge diameter- sexy procs- chain it with lucky break and/or spark to see some wtfbbqsauce destruction. Those are some examples of what mystics can do with dd. you already said they are good at support- and they are with almost every debuff known to pwi, and some nice crowd control with thicket, gale, listless, tornado. The instant heals well... what can i say- theyre effin instant heals. pdef is super sexy by default. If you're worried about finding squads for pve well, GL to whatever sqds turn down a legit mystic- sucks for them- sqd wipes are near impossible if the mystic knows which way is up. as a matter of fact, **** sqds, mystics can solo everything pve related- delta, tm, fcc, bh etc.. well, i guess any class with endgame gear can do that nowadays. Going back to the comparison- psys biggest advantage would be the long range aoes, and mystics would be the control they have. I probably missed stuff but i'm to lazy to even format this block of txt, so im done tinking for now.

Do you HAVE to be R9 to be effectively endgane with them though?
  • _Dimples_ - Archosaur
    _Dimples_ - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I suggest a Psy, Psy are nukes during TW, with their AOEs basically they are deadly when it comes to TW, massive pk, and NW.
    They hit hard because of their attack level increased when you are in Black Vodoo state mode.
    They have also descent defenses such as SoV and SoS. ( I forgot their name so I am just giving you the acronym)

The con part of playing a psy class, is that they are very vulnerable and squishy when at the Black Vodoo state mode because it lowers your Defense level sacrificing it for increasing your attack level.

But if I were you, try it and see for yourself.

I would tell you about mystic but my intellect for it is a bit edgy. So i won't give you my opinion about it.

P.S. The purify stats on weapon for 3rd cast R9 is FABULOUS!
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Do you HAVE to be R9 to be effectively endgane with them though?

You have to be r9rr to be effectively end-game with any class now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • RedXL - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    You have to be r9rr to be effectively end-game with any class now.

Alright im rolling a psy and ill do mystic alternating whichever i prefer ill stick with but does anyone know which is more expensive? Ik psy are expensive because of refines but what about mystics? Which would be cheaper and about how much more cheaper or more expebsive then the other?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    The thing in general is this.

Nowadays competitive endgame is R9 third cast with at least +10 overall refines and decent shards.

Psys get a natural bonus from all this due to so many of their skills being based off soulforce while other classes just gain standard defense/offense. Mystics get a slight benefit in their summons but you're not gonna use them for real offense against someone equally geared anyways so much as for extra support which makes it a bit of a moot point.

At the end of the day, they're going to cost around the same if you truly plan to get either into a competitive endgame, so cost becomes less of a factor so much as what you plan to do with them, your playstyle, which is better suited to the job, and which you're more comfortable with.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • RedXL - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Thanks for all the input im going with a psy for now wish me luck!!!!b:victory