Raging Tide's TW state

Comments

• Arawin - Raging Tide
    Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    At the end of the day, Rome wasn't built in a day. That is to say, if you, well, they, want to "even out the odds" then it will take work on their part. Expecting a faction of people loyal to each other for the most part to up and leave and disperse themselves all over is just selfish and down right lazy if you ask me. You need something, you work for it. Don't look for pity and **** and expecting the people you fight against to do your hard work for you while you reap the benefits, it doesn't work that way. Just how i see it. It goes back to every faction having their own agenda and everyone looking out for their own. Wanting lets say vicious to disband to make it simpler for QQme or whoever to be "number one" is wanting vicious, a faction with its own agenda, to share that of QQme which would effectively reduce the amount of work QQme has to do for itself to little or nothing. Not going to happenb:shutup Just how i see it

Actually if BOTH the top 2 factions (Vicious & QQme) were to disband and disperse, it'd probably help TW on RT liven up a lot.
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Actually if BOTH the top 2 factions (Vicious & QQme) were to disband and disperse, it'd probably help TW on RT liven up a lot.

Don't think that would help any. Going back to my other post, everyone would just join back up with diffrent faction names. And if they were to disband the Levi becomes top dog for no reason. Vicious and QQme aren't going anywhere nor should they it's up to the sever to figure out what to do. Well off to go pick my daughter up from school. Chat with you people later.
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don't think that would help any. Going back to my other post, everyone would just join back up with diffrent faction names. And if they were to disband the Levi becomes top dog for no reason. Vicious and QQme aren't going anywhere nor should they it's up to the sever to figure out what to do. Well off to go pick my daughter up from school. Chat with you people later.

Well, I'm not friends with everyone in QQme. I'd say I have 20-25 friends here. And 5-6 GOOD friends here.

Now if QQme and Vici both were to agree to disperse... I'd probably stick with my close friends, no matter where we went. But the odds all "close friends" would goto the same new faction I think is pretty low.

Unlike if QQme died, when I'd probably likely apply to Vici at that point (since it's the factions I have the most friends in other than QQme, honestly...)... if both QQme and Vici were gone, I'd have to go somewhere else.

For the sake of agrument, say 4 new factions spawned. Each with the strength of

Vici + QQme

And since some members would disperse elsewhere and unequally, I'm being optimistic here...

Wouldn't these 4 new factions be a good challenge level for Levi?

I mean I'm being optimistic here... I suppose it's also possible another super faction could spawn up and we'd be in the same situation again.

Just thinking... Other servers have it nice. Some of them at least... their top 2 factions are very equal in strength. Which is what makes it fun.

I don't think it's up to any one faction to fix the server. I think it's more of a group thing. If we all want more FUN TWs, and I think we do... it'd have to be a server decision to make effort to make those FUN TWs happen.

Say we polled all the top factions. To create a new faction to help balance TW. How many would be interested?

Each faction could volunteer some members to join this new faction. In an effort to make the new faction an equal power (or at least close enough to be fun) the other factions.

Say this new faction was made up of:

50% Vicious power
    25% QQme power
    15% levi power
    5%
    3%

Each of said factions would be weakened, with the stronger factions being weakened more. And if done properly, this new faction would be similar in power. And everyone could have more fun.

And since, like I assume is true... we form close-knit groups with our closest friends. And these are the players we have the most fun with... and the ones we're most likely to stick with. If my favorite 8 people from QQme came with me, I'd be happy to goto a new faction. Especially if I knew we'd have more fun TWs in store for us.

I mean, sure we can wait for PWI to make a map reset or change things. Or we can point fingers at other factions and say "if only they did this, TW would be fun"...

But that doesn't solve the problem. That just creates drama. We should work TOGETHER to solve the problem.. And work TOGETHER to create our own fun. Since in the end, that's what we want, right?
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As far as I can tell, QQme has the resources to compete with Vicious,
    but not:
    -Will power
    -Organisation
    -Strategical

also,
    having already been the #1 faction in the past, too much sentiment,
    trying to 'simply regain what was lost'.
    It doesn't work like that.

Vicious is a faction of (working on) endgame players, all of which have TW experience,
    organised into teams that work together in TW to bring down an enemy
    led by one person.

Only a faction that matches or outdoes Vicious in:
    Endgame member base, TW experience, organisation and strategy
    Can hope compete with them.

I am not saying QQme SHOULD disband,
    but if they wish to become a faction that can compete with Vicious,
    they will need to part with their current frame of mind,
    and with the sentiment of many QQme-ers for "the old days",
    I would say that to be impossible if something short of refounding the faction
    is done.

My two cents, nothing personal.
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited February 2013

We dont know for sure levi is #3 on map.. we havent fought the new Valkyrie.. and we wont since we are blocked by Vicious.. but i am sure Valkyrie is back to Levi in strength..
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To be honest, Arawin has the most interesting idea here.

Lets all stop flaming for a second and think about what's most fun for the server in terms of TW

Lets stop talking about PK, NW, Tourny and all that other stuff. This is a thread with the topic of TW and how QQme for whatever reason or excuse or whatever you want to call it is unable to beat the current super faction vicious.

The way I see a server balance some how being maintained is if we either

1) have say 2 top factions that compete constantly (as seen by QQme and Vicious in the past)
    or
    2) if we have 3 or more factions all of relatively equal strength.

The way we can measure an equality in strength i guess is by modeling upon the ideal situation that factions of equal strength will have a 3 hour stalemate in TW.

The only way #1 can happen is if someone gets their act together. Whether its QQme or Levi we all know what both of these factions lack. For QQme it seems to be a lack of strategy morale and will power displayed by your current status of wining every defense.
    Levi it seems lacks the balance of classes, the man power and strength that QQme seems to have.

The only way #2 can happen is basically how Arawin put it. Big groups of current factions need to break off and form another faction.

To be honest I dont ever see Vicious breaking down into smaller groups just so someone else can have a bite at the apple. And i dont really ever see QQme getting over their epeens to break down and joining leviathan to even the server out.

To be honest what Zarkin has said here makes the most sense out of anyone and he doesnt even play this game anymore! We're in a bit of a pickle but i hope we can work this out as a server or TW is just going to be dead for so long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Still no answer from many QQme members as to why they stay.

Spell Caster is not doing you any favors and lets face it. He is the reason no one else wants to join you and he himself has claimed the excuse of not having enough well geared people in attendace. If you stay in QQme doing nothing you'll be wining defensive TW's for the rest of your gaming life lolb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Spell Caster is doing you many favors and lets face it. He is the reason everyone else wants to join you and he himself has not claimed the excuse of not having enough well geared people in attendace. If you stay in QQme doing everything you'll be wining defensive TW's for the rest of your gaming life lolb:chuckle and all vicious will quit

Fixed it for u
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Spell Caster is not doing you any favors and lets face it. He is the reason no one else wants to join you and he himself has claimed the excuse of not having enough well geared people in attendace. If you stay in QQme doing nothing you'll be wining defensive TW's for the rest of your gaming life lolb:chuckle

jesus effing christ. Why are so hellbent on getting your perfect answer from QQme? And you're doing the exact same thing the last few posters above you said about why there's so much imbalance in the server.
    People gotta stop pointing their troll finger at ONE specific character or ONE specific faction and if you want better TW, you're playing the wrong game. We all play this game for NW now b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tbh, way before I joined Levi on my veno, I have been noticing a bit of lacking in the TW lines. There are a lot of reasons for this, a few that I cannot help but agree with, which ranges from:

QQme/whichever possible faction that can form a challenge lacks [insert whatever here]

The need for balance in power - I.e., top faction drops and form new factions, those CAPABLE of tw /pvp related content leave non tw faction and join QQme/Vicious/Levi/Marine/Valk (But then comes the question of what if "so and so" join say, QQme, how much of an impact will it make? How much will that truly cost? What if friends joined the #1 faction and widen the gap even more?

The need for a server merge - I really wish this was possible. This game has indeed aged and is showing it every time I log on. A great deal of factors (R9 becoming cash shop enabled, aps taken over the pve in nearly every aspect, and tons more) has lead it...to this. Nothing but MAYBE a hand full of new players come, but who the hell would stick around?...And the rest are old players (like me, 4 years in May) and a cluster *** of alts.

I cannot say that so and so faction needs to do this or sit and go "well I can't join so and bah fact in because it will throw the ohhhhh miiighty balances of power to the gasping wells of the slumpering toilet and bllllllaaaah."

I joined Levi because I have seen countless mistakes made in non TW factions again and yet again and I grew tired of it...yes I love TW and yes, I want it to be a challenge. What, EXACTLY needs to be changed? I don't think it's the factions, the players...I personally think we need to stop having a flame o' *** contest and actually think about it for a bit. The whole spunk of what used to be TW (to me) is dead and long gone. A drastic change to TWs as a whole would help a lot, but who the hell knows when THAT will happen eh?

Let's stop trololo'n each other. Let's stop assuming 'rumors' about another faction. And how about letting go whatever the hell happened to said faction go. Maybe that's a start.

*These are just my thoughts, if you don't like them, take it to pm or pm me ingame.* b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
    edited February 2013
    jesus effing christ. Why are so hellbent on getting your perfect answer from QQme? And you're doing the exact same thing the last few posters above you said about why there's so much imbalance in the server.
    People gotta stop pointing their troll finger at ONE specific character or ONE specific faction and if you want better TW, you're playing the wrong game. We all play this game for NW now b:surrender

He might be slowminded..or maybe he was dropped on his bead when he was a baby...idk for now all we can do is speculate.

KEVIN bro why so mad?
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    He might be slowminded..or maybe he was dropped on his bead when he was a baby...idk for now all we can do is speculate.

KEVIN bro why so mad?

b:laugh Who knows
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was really enjoying the discussion that was happening about RT's TW fun state, then Yuni ruined it b:sad

Well with the discussion that's been going on, I'm renaming this thread!
    edited February 2013
    Dont close it now...let the people speak...

And answer to my thread plz...
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dont close it now...let the people speak...

And answer to my thread plz...

I'm not, the discussion is actually non-flaming and legit, albeit the beginning parts were a bit toasty.

You could copy/paste your post to this thread if you'd like, or I could merge it with this one. Just let me know!
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    I was really enjoying the discussion that was happening about RT's TW fun state, then Yuni ruined it b:sad

Well with the discussion that's been going on, I'm renaming this thread!

Well Yuni did ONE thing right - it sparked quite a conversation in the not so active RT forums. b:surrender The rest falls on semi-obsession and so-so trolling on the side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Arawin, it doesn't work that way. If QQme and Vicious would to disband where do you think majority would go? My faction members are quite loyal to me and Nuff, I'd want to be with my friends which would be Nuff among them. The players that are loyal to us will of course come with us which means..

Vicious disbanded was made under a new name with the exact same leadership and members. Same would go to QQme, why split up your friend circle for something that's not even certain?

If you want good TW, the faction that's #2 has to be willing to fight for the #1 spot, there is no other option. If you choose to let us Vicious be the top faction then I will tell you that we will remain top possibly forever simply cus after Nuff and I are gone, the two new chosen members will be taking over that we see fit the role to lead Vicious into more victories.

Vicious beat QQme against the odds, if you only knew how many PMs I got on the first few months of Vicious being created under my name that we would to fail you would be surprised. We went in and we never gave up, we lost for months until we got to see victory above our heads. If QQme isn't willing to do the same then well, what a shame...Lots of geared and skilled players put to waste to forever only do PVE stuff, you may add NW into it but lets face it.. NW is not structured or even challenging, its a war of killing lower geared players for most of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    Vicious is ruining tw for everyone on Rt.
    They lure in all OP People from other factions like QQme wanted zoo levi and valkyrie.

Then they trashtalk their enemies in tw wc forums videos etc.

Then they spawnkill and trashtalk some more ....

And they wonder why they get winned.

This is silly.

Us, their opponents, we Must waste 50mil per tw for towers. We must waste milions on charms apo and time to feed their spawnkill mania...

And what do we win? More trashtalk. No thank you!

Until we actually have a chance in heaven to defend, it makes little sense to waste time and resources for vicious to have what to kill.

You're just as bad as Yuniryu for making that little thread of yours except that no one from Vicious had to QQ to get the thread closed.
    Get off your high horse and talk to us all like your equals. We're trying to be constructive here and not trashtalk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    If you want good TW, the faction that's #2 has to be willing to fight for the #1 spot

If only more people across the servers could figure this out... b:sad
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    You're just as bad as Yuniryu for making that little thread of yours except that no one from Vicious had to QQ to get the thread closed.
    Get off your high horse and talk to us all like your equals. We're trying to be constructive here and not trashtalk.

To the post that you quoted Bhavyy - that Spell made:

This is EXACTLY what I and few others were talking about.

"So Ya- what'shisnameIduncare trolled QQme sooooo Imma troll Vici! ZOMG!"

It's not going to get any where and will simply make things worse. Nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    edited February 2013

You really need to read through the 15 pages mr bhavyy. Your faction mates insulted me multiple times and you want me to take this serious????

Lets blame and trashtalk and insult spell coz we have the MODs on our side is constructive?

You know what...i wont even bother.

My personal choice is to wine vicious. When qqme decides to defend u guys...i wish them good luck.

@moe...just coz u roll in tw and suck i nw does not mean u have to trash nw.
    Over 1300 players attend nw but just under 200 attend all tws. I enjoy having balanced pk and nw vs vicious but dont enjoy inbalanced tw.
    edited February 2013

To the post that you quoted Bhavyy - that Spell made:

This is EXACTLY what I and few others were talking about.

"So Ya- what'shisnameIduncare trolled QQme sooooo Imma troll Vici! ZOMG!"

It's not going to get any where and will simply make things worse. Nice.

Did u even read my post?

Those are facts not troll. Towers are 5mil each to build.
    All things there happened.
    Why even label my post as a troll attempt?
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Did u even read my post?

Those are facts not troll. Towers are 5mil each to build.
    All things there happened.
    Why even label my post as a troll attempt?

i thought tower cost is 500k each.
  • TeddyBear - Raging Tide
    TeddyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i thought tower cost is 500k each.

they do xD was waiting for him to correct himself but I guess that ship has sailed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Well I tried to be constructive but I guess trolls are trolls. I have an idea, what if Spell created his own faction and see how many people went to it. Then we could find out if it's just Spell holding QQme back or if he could rally to beat Vicious.
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited February 2013

KEVIN bro why so mad?

It is not me i aint afraid to post on my MAIN. Besides have you seen how long this guys posts are? I dont care enough to write a post that LONG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TeddyBear - Raging Tide
    TeddyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It is not me i aint afraid to post on my MAIN. Besides have you seen how long this guys posts are? I dont care enough to write a post that LONG

AND no RANDOM caps WORDS in SENTENCESb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    b:kissSpell you're a grown man aren't you?
    I'm sure you'll get over some small "insults". Not that I've seen my faction members throw any at you.
    I +1 zarkins idea. Spell Caster the best geared wizard on the server won't even show up to tw if his faction fights vs vicious because he got trash talked on forums?

Lol.. Here we all are trying to be constructive. Please don't bring your continued hatred for vicious and poor excuses into this. If you don't have anything useful to say then don't say it. You're not the centre of attention of this thread anymore. I know this might be a difficult concept for you to understand but for the good of the server please try.

Anyways, on the point of saying something useful.. What's up with this zoo Levi merge I been hearing about? Could be an interesting turn of the tides with regards to the qqme vs Levi tws if its not just a rumour on the grape vine!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    edited February 2013
    b:kissSpell you're a grown man aren't you?
    I'm sure you'll get over some small "insults". Not that I've seen my faction members throw any at you.
    I +1 zarkins idea. Spell Caster the best geared wizard on the server won't even show up to tw if his faction fights vs vicious because he got trash talked on forums?

Lol.. Here we all are trying to be constructive. Please don't bring your continued hatred for vicious and poor excuses into this. If you don't have anything useful to say then don't say it. You're not the centre of attention of this thread anymore. I know this might be a difficult concept for you to understand but for the good of the server please try.

Anyways, on the point of saying something useful.. What's up with this zoo Levi merge I been hearing about? Could be an interesting turn of the tides with regards to the qqme vs Levi tws if its not just a rumour on the grape vine!

What you do not understand is that fighting vs Vicious for me personally with low sign-ups on our behalf, with many undergeared people who still work on their gears, with no chance to win what so ever, is not a pleasant experience for me. I've been there for the last 1.5 years.

I will not feed Vicious kills in a fight w/o any hope of victory. That is my point of view and I have the courage to make it public. Like it or not, as I said, it is my point of view, personal one.

Dont give me **** about me making my own faction ...wtf is you business about me?
    QQme is my home, I've sacrificed alot of time and energy for QQme and QQme is the reason I still play this game, because of the amazing people that are there.
    edited February 2013
    Dont give me **** about me making my own faction ...wtf is you business about me? QQme is my home, I've sacrificed alot of time and energy for QQme and QQme is the reason I still play this game, because of the amazing people that are there.

Then **** about Vicious should disband to give RT balanced TW. We feel the same way about Vicious, it's home and a lot of people sacrificed for it. I know you will never leave QQme and thats fine, but since you are "so intrested in fun TW" stop thinking about yourself and think outside the box. Try something diffrent or just deal with the statu quo. If you can't handle someone trying to further the coversation about the state of TW on RT then you should leave the forum now. But we all know you can't, trolls are trolls after all.
This discussion has been closed.