My Next Step

FaithDread - Heavens Tear
FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Assassin
So, its come my time, where I must ask; What shall I aim for next?

I know its such a common post, but its a lot easier to decide with other peoples input, and I greatly appreciate any help anybody is willing to spare.

So, my Dilemma is that I am currently saving up for R9. As I am doing so and slowly but surely adding around 4mil a day to that fund, I find myself asking; Can I spend the money better?

I already have S3 Daggers, albeit poorly refined and with a horrendous roll which I am currently farming badges to fix. I use my +8 g13's most of the time unless im playing in a squad. Would it be more bang for my buck if I could +10 my G16's, get an Int tome, upgrade my gear (Is all minimum of +4 with few +5's) and continue onto my next goal of going R8r 5.0APS and get R8r Dags with GoF for pvp.

The reason I need to ask is because no matter which way I look at it, without R9, I feel like I cant compete in any stretch, and I want to know if this is indeed the case, or if I got the above, I would be able to provide a semi decent fight as far as Sin fights go. I dont TW or PvP much, but do farm a hell of a lot by myself and do NW as much as possible, so I dont need the best, but I would like to farm higher level TT's and get more then 50-60 tokens a NW.

I also think R9 looks extremely bad ***, and I already have a few S3 molds of it including the Daggers. Although R8r looks a lot bad ***-ier in my opinion b:chuckle

Thanks in advance :)
Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by FaithDread - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As First advice try as much as you can to avoid anything that need alot of luck like R8r since the chance of getting int on Top is 1.7% and boots 0.16% . I know alot of ppl which payed more than 2bil and no luck till now with that money i am sure u can make ur aps gear very effective for r8r daggz i guess its not a big deal most of ppl go for it just for def lvls. I would say have 2 gear sets 1 is the normal aps gear and S3 for pk for Dagz S3 or Gof\ss which i really donot prefer unless u have nice hp.
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes there are several threads on end game gear that date to the near the first posts in this forum. If you are going to try for 5 aps r8r with r8r daggers you might as well put that coin to better use in r9s3 or Niv s3 and have a aps set for farming. The cost of making a 5aps r8r sin could probaly get you an army of r9 toons
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh, another thread.
    Well, I suggest you first of all refining your gear atleast to +6, better to +7, otherwise running with R9 and 5.5k hp will make you not even one shot, but 0,5 shot.

Secondly, while you are slowly making R9, level up alteast to 102, better to 103.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • lunesin
    lunesin Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My advice would be not to make your sin r9 and just go for the t3 dagger+tome 5 aps gear with 6.5k+ hp. With that aps gear youll do fine in Pk and it's perfect for PvE.
  • Modyghalyasi - Sanctuary
    Modyghalyasi - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lunesin wrote: »
    My advice would be not to make your sin r9 and just go for the t3 dagger+tome 5 aps gear with 6.5k+ hp. With that aps gear youll do fine in Pk and it's perfect for PvE.

It's totally false, i've got a sin with r9r3 dagz and for pvp and pve it's perfect!
    Dagz have 63att lvls /GoF/ +17dex/ 6% crit/ +2range.... Ect....
    U can do all TT really fast, without getting much problem for heal with bp
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah I would have to agree with Modyghalyasi. R9 is a all around great weapon. The only drawback with R9 or any weapon with zerk is having the hp pool and proper refines to benefit from it without having a concern of loosing to much hp. I have seen several sins in the past kill themself in pve from the lack of decent hp.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    Oh, another thread.
    Well, I suggest you first of all refining your gear atleast to +6, better to +7, otherwise running with R9 and 5.5k hp will make you not even one shot, but 0,5 shot.

Secondly, while you are slowly making R9, level up alteast to 102, better to 103.

Yes, I have finally stumbled to being a "Oh, another one" type of guy, I am sorry, I just have terrible indecisiveness b:chuckle

I also have 6.5k HP thank you very much.b:kiss

I really appreciate all the advice so far, and its starting to path out a little which way i should go.

I should note that R8r will be farmed through NW and not with a single penny (Unless I somehow gain an abundance) so it costing a fair amount to get int on top is not of a bother to me, just a goal which I think is very self achieving should I reach it, and one which would benefit me. I do not plan to actively pursue int on the daggers, and will only start on the boots when the top is done and get the Legs somewhere in between this. With this I also add another 1000~ (Cant remember how much it is) HP onto my pool, which will greatly help me, I believe.

I am also working towards 102 whilest I farm and make money, and am doing quite well in it.

EDIT: Why it wouldnt let me post all my message? :( Ah well, Thanks a lot guys, was the basis of it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It seems like the OP is looking for a PvP only build for nw. If that's the case, and you're not interested in farming your pieces then a tome isn't a priority.

If you are interested in farming/pve then you will want a tome whether you go for N3 or r9t3. N3 will actually out dd r9 and r9 recast daggers when its 5.0, but it less useful for pvp. You just need a tome to hit 5.0 and get the 25% boost over 4.0.

In terms of dps it goes r9t3, N3, r9r, G15, r9, G13. In terms of utility (and this is opinion) for both pvp and pve it goes r9t3, r9r, G16, r9, G15, G13.

There is no point in going backwards from N3 to r8r. Also, the G16, do vastly more damage than G13s,the issue is you completely ignored a tome so you attack 50% more often with G13s then G16. If you get a tome and a -int roll on your N3 you will about double you damage of G13s.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited February 2013
    Snippy!

Thanks mate this is just what I was looking for! I am not a great PvP player, so I am not really looking for a competitive build, just something that'll allow me to survive and and kill more often then currently, not dominate the field.

Yeah I use my S3 daggers frequently and even though they attack slower, the damage is incredibly higher then my G13's, even with the 5 Refines difference. Is R8r really a step backwards? I thought GoF with hopefully an Atk Lvl roll or Maximum attack + would be much better for NW/PvP? If its not the case, ill solely work on my daggers and Tome. I will also mention again that I LOVE the look of R8r dags and armor as wellb:chuckle

Im guessing as a Majority PvE player and NW as my only PvP, r9s3 would be, well, not a waste, as it is the best daggers in the game, but, just not really worth all the trouble? Is that the final verdict?b:chuckle

Maybe if i get all my gear to a high stage now, I should THEN focus on farming r9s3, if PWI stays alive for another 3 years b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Is R8r really a step backwards? I thought GoF with hopefully an Atk Lvl roll or Maximum attack + would be much better for NW/PvP?

Well, GoF odds are pretty high on R8r but -int odds are low so getting the combo is rough. GoF=11%, -int=.39%. They'd make very decent PvP daggers with the GoF and high base attack, plus the 3 r8r adds, but they wouldn't make as decent of farming daggers as G16.

For the cost of making them just to GoF you'd be near R9 costs, but r9 is upgradable so it'd leave you some place to go and r9 would be better for both pvp and pve. G16 is cheaper than both and better farming daggers.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited February 2013
    Huzzzaah! I guess my next step is decided b:laughb:victory

Woot woot woot

Tome or R8r is the question now. I guess I could work with spending NW earning on R8r, and farm for Tome.

Also, it surely doesnt cost as much as R9 to get GoF R8r daggers? R9 is around 700mil during sale, let alone normally. R8r dags is 1 weekend of NW and a few coins.

But if S3 Nirv dags do better then R8r with GoF+Atk Lvl/Def Lvl then Ill focus on getting R8r Top/Legs/Boots, higher refine daggers and the Tome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Also, it surely doesnt cost as much as R9 to get GoF R8r daggers? R9 is around 700mil during sale, let alone normally. R8r dags is 1 weekend of NW and a few coins.

The problem is that R8r with only GoF on it loses to a G15 dagger with SS and 1x -0.05 in terms of dps. And getting that 1x -0.05 on R8r is quite an effort, since the odds are 0.13%, or ~1:770.
    But if S3 Nirv dags do better then R8r with GoF+Atk Lvl/Def Lvl then Ill focus on getting R8r Top/Legs/Boots, higher refine daggers and the Tome.

Here's a rough number for you. Let's assume the two weapons have the same base damage. Well now the GoF on R8r puts it at 1.2x the base damage. Now, for the +40 attack levels on the G16 to equal to the 1.2x multiplier, you would need to have at least 100 attack levels before you put on the G16 dagger. If your G16 also had 1x -0.05 interval, then it'd be superior 100% of the time, because the multiplier for damage from going to 5.0 from 4.0 is 1.25, which is obviously always larger than 1.2.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited February 2013
    Snippy!

I was waiting for some numbers to pop up from you Olbazeb:chuckle

Thanks a lot for that explanation. It would seem that focusing on R8r armor would be the way to go for now then, along with the tome. The numbers you put out seems as if it would be a waste to get R8r daggers for an upgrade reason. I do plan to get them still as i LOVE the skin, but ill put it off for as long as I can.

I guess my main goal next is getting an Int tome so I am 5aps againb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    It would seem that focusing on R8r armor would be the way to go for now then, along with the tome.

Tome first.

R8r armor is kind of a luxury with insanely small odds. Just to have your r8r replace your tt99 and keep the same interval as you already have you are probably looking at 2-5 billion coin, and thats just for the bump in defense and not gaining any interval.

You'll need chest, pants, and boots for the r8r bonus, meaning you'll lose -.1 on chest, 0.05 on pants, and tt99 LA -.05 bonus. To replace just what you lose you'll need -.1 on chest and boots which means either -.05 on both or -.1 on the other. You're looking at hundreds of rerolls before this happens. Getting -int on boots in 1:209 odds. This is why it's going to take billions of coin (and tens of thousands of NW tokens) to get there.

That's a great goal, but knock out tome first and get your refines up before you start a venture that will take you years to complete.
    edited February 2013
    Snippy!.

Wise has spoken and I have listened b:chuckle

Tome is priority!

Is it really Billions of coins? I can make 1 piece of R8r in 1 NW/Weekend without spending much, then can Re-roll it a few times every weekend for essentially free. The biggest expense I can see is getting all the Wedding candys to unlock the boots lolb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Tome is priority!

Is it really Billions of coins? I can make 1 piece of R8r in 1 NW/Weekend without spending much, then can Re-roll it a few times every weekend for essentially free. The biggest expense I can see is getting all the Wedding candys to unlock the boots lolb:chuckle

With the number of rerolls it takes on average for -int on R8R (ESPECIALLY the boots) you could sell/save for full R9RR with decent refines... I started working on R8R armors for 5APS once I got my R9RR daggers, but shortly decided after looking at the numbers to improve all my armor thus earning more in NW, thus making it faster to get -interval R8R gears
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013

Tome is priority!

I'm considering opportunity costs.

If you get 100 tokens you could use that for about 5 rolls and only spend about 15m in your own mats. Or you could have sell those 100 tokens for about 12m and save the 15m in mats, too.

It takes 19 tokens and I think 2m in r8r mat crafting fees plus a chienkun/1m fee per reroll attempt. 19 tokens, 3m. Loads cheaper than when it took 40m per attempt when I started trying to make my BMs chest. BMs have similar odds on their chest and I'm at 48 rolls (about 450 mil total so far) and no luck yet so its still a worthless armor piece to me. Some get it in their first 5 tries of course. Never can tell.

Its a huge gamble that probably won't pay off which is why you should square away the rest of your gear before gambling.
    edited February 2013
    I see guys, thanks a lot. So R8r comes after I am +10 DoT, R9r Dags with int tomeb:chuckle
    I really appreciate it guys. I think ill just farm towards Int tome for now, gaining a refine here and there.

Ill keep you updated! xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    So I have a new Dilemma b:chuckle I can afford R9 during the next sale, at a push, and most likely will not be able to refine it straight away. I have the mold to S3 it (This all being only daggers for now) and I could probably get the Summerwind Tokens soon enough.

That all being said, for the money, I could +12 my G16's, get an int tome, +7~ most of my gear, and what not aswell.

Would R9/R9s3 really be better then all of the above? I would eventually get full R9s3 if I did this for NW, and would use 2 pieces for APS farming cause of the 100 Dex.

Pros and cons, and whats the generally wiser route to take?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That all being said, for the money, I could +12 my G16's, get an int tome, +7~ most of my gear, and what not aswell.

If you go that route you would be better off +10 to your g16 weapon get tome and +10 the rest of your gear. The price it costs to +11/+12 would get +10 all around. You would increase your survival in PVP and PVE.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz