Purify on R3 weapons is making 1 class Godlike - Nobody tought of that or what?

Comments

• IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Pretty sure that back when peeps complained about 5 aps being too powerfull-everyone said reroll.

If you think purify is that op then my advice is to just reroll....

Purify is only really good against sins/claw users. It does not help at all against mystics,psy,clerics,venos(without pets), wizards, seekers, or archers.

and how often does this happen in NW may i ask? There's always at least 5+ claws/daggers being used against a r9r2 casters in NW or TW so yes its messed up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grimmjow_X - Dreamweaver
    Grimmjow_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Pretty sure that back when peeps complained about 5 aps being too powerfull-everyone said reroll.

If you think purify is that op then my advice is to just reroll....

Purify is only really good against sins/claw users. It does not help at all against mystics,psy,clerics,venos(without pets), wizards, seekers, or archers.

you are kidding me right, caster cant be debuffed or stuned any more, ALL other class's can, on my seeker i can get killed by 10 lvl 90 players ganking and debuffing me, but a r9r3 caster cant, if that is not OP what is
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    you are kidding me right, caster cant be debuffed or stuned any more, ALL other class's can, on my seeker i can get killed by 10 lvl 90 players ganking and debuffing me, but a r9r3 caster cant, if that is not OP what is

we can be debuffed and stunned, just not as long. We also don't have any natural anti stun skills (at least wizzies), or our own personal sz (stealth), or nerves, or great cc, or countless other things that other classes have.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Devs needs to add weapons that have 0 attack, but can get any proc. Let's make barb class immortal!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    we can be debuffed and stunned, just not as long. We also don't have any natural anti stun skills (at least wizzies), or our own personal sz (stealth), or nerves, or great cc, or countless other things that other classes have.

you talk like all other class got that, but seeker dont got any anti stun we got 4 sec if we are sage, that dont help much, and most wiz's with r9r3 got more phy def then HA toons maybe not a barb, but bm and seekers and some epic earth def also from Earth shield
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    you talk like all other class got that, but seeker dont got any anti stun we got 4 sec if we are sage, that dont help much, and most wiz's with r9r3 got more phy def then HA toons maybe not a barb, but bm and seekers and some epic earth def also from Earth shield

I dunno how you've never heard of last stand, but that is clearly an anti stun skill as well. Seekers are also HA with a 30 def lvl buff + 5 more def lvl party buff thing.. and you have plenty of annoying control skills to be obnoxious with. I'm not sure I've heard a ranged HA class complain about survival before.. guess I hear something new every day lol
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seekers are neither casters nor melee.
    All physical/melee classes have GOF on their weapon.
    Archers are neither casters nor melee so they got PURGE on their weapon
    All casters already have very high magic attack to begin with so their damage output was already too high to begin with.

As for seekers, I do believe having GOF on all the skills was the most viable option however at the same time, they shouldn't have increased our skill damage by a lot which is exactly why magic zerks hurt other physical classes when combined with our sac slash + qpq combo.

Or they should've given seekers another sort proc instead of GOF so maybe they wouldn't get overexaggerated then.

Honestly though, we did shet damage to other classes before morai skills came out along with magic zerks

Yeah, Seekers were laughable before then. I was able to fight R9+10 Seekers with TT99/Nirvana and tank them fine as long as I didn't mess up my locks, but now R9R3 Seekers can one shot you from out of nowhere... it's pretty broken. Considering the fact that metal skills are magic they shouldn't zerk, I don't care too much about them receiving a boost in damage but being able to zerk crit a magic skill is plain broken.

I'm all for re-balancing classes but they over-do it to the point that instead of bringing balance to the game they make the classes that were at a disadvantage more broken then the thing they were trying to implement a way to combat.
    edited February 2013
    I dunno how you've never heard of last stand, but that is clearly an anti stun skill as well. Seekers are also HA with a 30 def lvl buff + 5 more def lvl party buff thing.. and you have plenty of annoying control skills to be obnoxious with. I'm not sure I've heard a ranged HA class complain about survival before.. guess I hear something new every day lol

Cooldown 3.0 minutes
    Can only be used when your HP drops below 40%.
    Heals you by 40% of your total HP.
    Removes negative status effects while making you temporarily immune to stun and slow effects for 6 seconds.

yeah i know last stand, it is a skill for save, but not usefull for anti stun, and it is not a buff like Deaden Nerves, Cornered Beast or Pious Blessing it is not a buff, you need to click it , it says it is Instant cast, but trust me it is not+ it got a CD on 3 mins, it is a good skill but not something you can use as anti stun
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, Seekers were laughable before then. I was able to fight R9+10 Seekers with TT99/Nirvana and tank them fine as long as I didn't mess up my locks, but now R9R3 Seekers can one shot you from out of nowhere... it's pretty broken. Considering the fact that metal skills are magic they shouldn't zerk, I don't care too much about them receiving a boost in damage but being able to zerk crit a magic skill is plain broken.

I'm all for re-balancing classes but they over-do it to the point that instead of bringing balance to the game they make the classes that were at a disadvantage more broken then the thing they were trying to implement a way to combat.

why are all saying zerk is overpowerd, see for your self

this is the Build for end game seeker

http://pwcalc.com/1ccf26d4869b8d0a
    his att is Physical Atk 14908-17864

lets take a Psy end game Build
    http://pwcalc.com/0f47bee8a100650b
    His damage is Magic Atk 26591-31337 AND THAT IS WITHOUT THE Aqua Spirit mastery Sage that is 25%

makeing the the basic skill Aqua Impact does on average 41295 damage then + att lvls

where the seeker basic metal skill Battousai does 19486 damage + att lvls
    so a seeker without GOF and higher crit rate would be light years from caster damage
    a psy that crites does 82k damage
    a seeker that zerk+ crit does 77,9k damage
  • Isabo - Raging Tide
    Isabo - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013

loool we can get stunned, the purify got a chance to remove debuff when being attacked and immum to stun and slow and increase speed by 200%, last for 5 seconds. it's a chance, i got stunned so many times in nw since i got my r9rr weapon, so stop QQing. bm's got run skill, also got seeker and sin, barb and veno run fast by there own, we need to use genie skills for run fast, so what are 5 seconds ? use ur run skill and follow :P
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    why are all saying zerk is overpowerd, see for your self

this is the Build for end game seeker

http://pwcalc.com/1ccf26d4869b8d0a
    his att is Physical Atk 14908-17864

lets take a Psy end game Build
    http://pwcalc.com/0f47bee8a100650b
    His damage is Magic Atk 26591-31337 AND THAT IS WITHOUT THE Aqua Spirit mastery Sage that is 25%

makeing the the basic skill Aqua Impact does on average 41295 damage then + att lvls

where the seeker basic metal skill Battousai does 19486 damage + att lvls
    so a seeker without GOF and higher crit rate would be light years from caster damage
    a psy that crites does 82k damage
    a seeker that zerk+ crit does 77,9k damage

Yeah, and a Seeker WITH GoF is able to one shot almost on a whim. Gettin' lucky with RNG happens more often than you'd think, and while theoretically the chance is low of landing a lot of zerk crits it does happen pretty often. Even in equal gear if that Seeker gets a combo off or catches you off guard then that's good game. Metal skills should not zerk, if they're gonna zerk then they should be changed to pure physical and do away with the whole caster/melee class hybrid.

I'm not gonna sit here and pick apart everything you said like I usually would, I'm much too tired for that. Everyone and their mother knows that as of right now Seekers are overpowered as is Purify Spell, and if you don't see that then you're stuck in a state of ignorant bliss and I envy you.
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, and a Seeker WITH GoF is able to one shot almost on a whim. Gettin' lucky with RNG happens more often than you'd think, and while theoretically the chance is low of landing a lot of zerk crits it does happen pretty often. Even in equal gear if that Seeker gets a combo off or catches you off guard then that's good game. Metal skills should not zerk, if they're gonna zerk then they should be changed to pure physical and do away with the whole caster/melee class hybrid.

I'm not gonna sit here and pick apart everything you said like I usually would, I'm much too tired for that. Everyone and their mother knows that as of right now Seekers are overpowered as is Purify Spell, and if you don't see that then you're stuck in a state of ignorant bliss and I envy you.

please do i would like to see your ignorant bliss thing that seeker is the god class, because iam getting my *** handed to me in every TW and NW by wiz, psy and archer we are not stronger then them we can be pretty even with a archer, but wiz we dont stand a chance, psy it all demends on how good the psy is, a good psy we dead, a bad one we stand a chance

i see you are a archer so here is a archer end game http://pwcalc.com/2d6f76c06046b5de
    Physical Atk. 19653-26871
    Critical Rate 49%

you are complaning about seeker having a 8% chance for zerk+ crit, but a archer got 49% crit rate+ the archer got MUCH higher damage and 8%(same as seeker zerk+crit) purge

so let me hear your ignorant bliss of seekers
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    i see you are a archer so here is a archer end game
    Makes a post about ignorance.

Calls a BM posting on his cleric avatar an archer while making a rant that only further displays his own ignorance.

GJ, sir.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited February 2013
    loool we can get stunned, the purify got a chance to remove debuff when being attacked and immum to stun and slow and increase speed by 200%, last for 5 seconds. it's a chance, i got stunned so many times in nw since i got my r9rr weapon, so stop QQing. bm's got run skill, also got seeker and sin, barb and veno run fast by there own, we need to use genie skills for run fast, so what are 5 seconds ? use ur run skill and follow :P

you are a cleric, so why comment on a wiz vs seeker.

but cleric i agree, they have always been left behind many other class's, but not a wiz
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »

Calls a BM posting on his cleric avatar an archer while making a rant that only further displays his own ignorance.

GJ, sir.

*slow clap*
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »

GJ, sir.

how would i know he is a bm it is not posted any where b:chuckle, his avatar looks like a archer and he is hiding his Core so i think he is a archer plain and simple, just saying brain dead mod

Dears me b:laugh
  • Isabo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    you are a cleric, so why comment on a wiz vs seeker.

but cleric i agree, they have always been left behind many other class's, but not a wiz

cuz taking out this effect would effect cleric's too

also i think wiz and seeker kinda even, zerk crit on seeker is pretty OP but also wiz with genie spark skill, the gear is one side, knowing the char the other
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    how would i know he is a bm it is not posted any where b:chuckle, his avatar looks like a archer and he is hiding his Core so i think he is a archer plain and simple, just saying brain dead mod

No, his avatar is a cleric, as is mine. "Just sayin" you brain-dead troll.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited February 2013
    cuz taking out this effect would effect cleric's too

also i think wiz and seeker kinda even, zerk crit on seeker is pretty OP but also wiz with genie spark skill, the gear is one side, knowing the char the other

this post is about the proc purity because to good, not that cleric's should get a running or a jump something i agree they should, but the proc is to good
  • Isabo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    this post is about the proc purity because to good, not that cleric's should get a running or a jump something i agree they should, but the proc is to good

i don't agree that it's to good, sometimes it works well, yes, but other times u just don't get the effect at all, mostly when u rly would need it b:surrender
    edited February 2013
    No, his avatar is a cleric, as is mine. "Just sayin" you brain-dead troll.

+1 to post count b:chuckle, what does this havt to do with what were discussing , iam not a troll for making a argument, you are the one trolling here
    i don't agree that it's to good, sometimes it works well, yes, but other times u just don't get the effect at all, mostly when u rly would need it b:surrender

when you get end game gear, it is to strong that is the problem, i have been told that on private servers they removed it and put a other proc, because all ther other class couldnt keep up, and that is the problem, this is a overall thing that is giving the casters with purify mainly Wiz's and psy, but the other class's also a to big edge
  • Isabo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    when you get end game gear, it is to strong that is the problem, i have been told that on private servers they removed it and put a other proc, because all ther other class couldnt keep up, and that is the problem, this is a overall thing that is giving the casters with purify mainly Wiz's and psy, but the other class's also a to big edge

it's not to strong, there's allways a way to get trough it, but yeah, wiz and psy are rly strong even without that, also seeker without zerk, so we take away all the extra's ???
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2013

'Sup bro?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    His avatar is so obviously not an archer, he's a leprechaun. It can be mistaken for something else without the green hat on.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Have to admit that it's kinda sad that when I see a r999 caster on the flag all I can do is stun and sit there and hope someone strong on my team comes along. This is because my axes aren't refined or good enough yet to even bypass the charm of a +12 JosD caster. And even though my claws are, using them at all would just give the opposing side an easy win.

Have to wonder exactly how good the proc would have to be before everyone finally agreed it was overpowered. Immunity to debuffs? Permanent max speed? Heck, straight up invincibility? b:chuckle
    edited February 2013
    it's not to strong, there's allways a way to get trough it, but yeah, wiz and psy are rly strong even without that, also seeker without zerk, so we take away all the extra's ???

if you take the Zerk from seeker the r9 seeker damage would to WAY to low the r9 would be point less, because the G16 dual sword would be much stonger in damage, the seeker damage is very low base damage compairing vs any casters or dex class to make up for the low base damage str class's got they give them GOF, they can remove Gof if they do so str class's can do same damage as archer and casters.
    Have to admit that it's kinda sad that when I see a r999 caster on the flag all I can do is stun and sit there and hope someone strong on my team comes along. This is because my axes aren't refined or good enough yet to even bypass the charm of a +12 JosD caster. And even though my claws are, using them at all would just give the opposing side an easy win.

Have to wonder exactly how good the proc would have to be before everyone finally agreed it was overpowered. Immunity to debuffs? Permanent max speed? Heck, straight up invincibility? b:chuckle

i agree right now this proc is underminding so many, what does a bm have left without stun locking in 1 vs 1, casters were made to be nuke hitters, not perman unstunable/unstopable flag carrier's/ killing machines
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Casters wouldn't be underpowered without purify proc. Their crit damage is about as high as a zerk crit damage, and their critical rate is roughly equal to the chance of zerk critting, so it balances out. While casters don't have as much anti stun as melees do, they also don't have to run up to people to attack them.

Seekers aren't OP since they can be stunned locked to death. Casters on the other hand cannot be stun locked to death unless they're unlucky.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • _Grace_Full - Sanctuary
    _Grace_Full - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Treat it like that Arcane Defense skill: can be triggered with auto attacks, not with skills and such. b:shutup

losing the holy path thing wouldnt hurt. The purify is fine i guess for the most part, and the anti stun too since most mag classes dont have one to begin with but yea..one proc doing 3 things is just too much.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Treat it like that Arcane Defense skill: can be triggered with auto attacks, not with skills and such. b:shutup

Would do nothing to help break out of sin/BM stunlock. You would just see an increasing amount of sins going DPH build instead.

Lets be real: nerf sins and then we can talk about nerfing puri proc (beyond taking out the speed boost).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is one big circlejerk thread for QQ undergeared players.

Should be locked just like that troll thread about gof and purge was. This is just as pointless.