BM or Seeker for end game?

ablabahabla
ablabahabla Posts: 67 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Arigora Colosseum
Hi all, i was thinking about makeing a ha char for endgame pvp/pve.
I like classes with aoe skills so it comes down to bm or seeker for me.
While bms seem to be more of a support class nowadays, they still kinda rock due to their cc skills and hf. Seekers seem to be on of the best DDs due to metal zerks and their self buff is just awesome.
I cant make a clear decision which car to play, so tell me your 2 cents about the classes and vote for the one u would advise to play.
Post edited by ablabahabla on

Comments

• Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seeker, no doubt.

Currently the two most disbalanced classes are seekers and wizards.

Talkinga about seekers, that insane def level, phys def, a lot of aoes, strong metal and phys skills make them killing machines.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seekers i guess are the better AOEers, even if you just look at their grossly oversimple noob skill of vortex.

BMs however can easilly swap to claws and APS. For me the BM seems more versatile.

To me a BM just seems more skillfull and interesting. But that is of course partly because i play a lvl 101 BM and a lvl 77 seeker that is pretty much made only for vortex.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    BMs are better at pve and are better money makers tho that might get balanced out by needing to buy more weps and more skills than any other class. BMs are also better soloers than seekers.

In pvp seekers have both magic and physical attacks, that is the their biggest advantage over BMs. They also have good melee and range attacks while BMs are stuck with melee. That is why the new Reel In skill is so important to BMs, it helps to overcome their lack of range attacks. I think the only thing BMs can do better in pvp is stun. Overall BMs are not competition for seekers in pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • piranhakeet
    piranhakeet Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm leveling up a Seeker right now because of Nation Wars. I do love my 100 BM. 3.33 Regicide before Demon spark/Stage 2 Nirvy gear atm. Ax for aoe/mobs, D spark claw for quick take down on bosses.
    Over-all, BM is a great class to have and tends to run the instance, out front, leading the way.
    Built right, well geared and refined, BM can be quite tanky. Last man standing when everyone else goes down.
    Get into Nation Wars or PK gank fest, you need the big hits. You must be able to deliver high damage and kill in 1 or 2 hits. Casters are good at this. 11k to 14 and 16k hits. So are Seekers.
    The comment above about BM being good for PVE is true. In PVP you do not have the luxury of time using claw. Claw does a little damage, really fast, over time. And while this is great on bosses. Not so great when fighting several other players at once. You must be able to pop them off in one or two hits. Unless extremely well built, or using ax, there are better classes then BM to do it. Unless you are talking Rank 9 gear refined +10 or 12 BM. So unless you are prepared to spend that kind of money to have a BM like that, you can probably deal more damage in one hit with a Psychic or Wizard for a heck of a lot cheaper. Personally I'm going to try Seeker because I like HA and have a bunch of HA class gear.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Honestly?

Neither but I'd go bm simply because it has the more addicting playstyle
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • ablabahabla
    edited February 2013
    the thing im worried about the most is lag spikes as bm, since your melee only this will give u a very hard time, while seekers can go from range so lag isnt that much of a big deal.
    Actually i'm aiming for 3rd cast r9, but till then imma stick with 1. r9 +5 only to farm nv mats in nw.
    The versibility of bms makes them my favourit but im kinda too scared to get frustrated by lags as bm to make sure i'd roll this class.
    atm i got an easier time pvping with my r8 seeker then my bm due to lags. even though the bm hits harder, but thats prolly only cause my r8 seeker wep doesnt have zerk while the axes an bm have it.
    I also thought about playing a psy, but they seem to lack way too much physical defence even with 3rd r9 to be as fun to play as they where before 3rd r9.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the thing im worried about the most is lag spikes as bm, since your melee only this will give u a very hard time, while seekers can go from range so lag isnt that much of a big deal.
    Actually i'm aiming for 3rd cast r9, but till then imma stick with 1. r9 +5 only to farm nv mats in nw.
    The versibility of bms makes them my favourit but im kinda too scared to get frustrated by lags as bm to make sure i'd roll this class.
    atm i got an easier time pvping with my r8 seeker then my bm due to lags. even though the bm hits harder, but thats prolly only cause my r8 seeker wep doesnt have zerk while the axes an bm have it.
    I also thought about playing a psy, but they seem to lack way too much physical defence even with 3rd r9 to be as fun to play as they where before 3rd r9.

Wow thats actually really well thought out and totally reasonable

Seeker does spike harder and arguably gets more value out of their R9 wep while bm gets more from the armor in mass pvp. At this point its just a playstyle choice

Psy seems boring to play as
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's fair to say that seekers nuke bm's. The only counter to seekers are the stuns of a bm. And even then it's still a pain to fight them.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ablabahabla
    edited February 2013
    the pro about seekers is that they got phys and mag dmg which makes it easier to kill any armortype for them.
    But bms might be better if u go pvp with friends cause u can aoe stun and amp so u can keep some people from attacking and help kill major factors fast.
    -.- such a hard decision to make ...
    helping my friends sure will be pretty fun but after a while and if pvp dies even more this might be boring pretty fast.