Purify on R3 weapons is making 1 class Godlike - Nobody tought of that or what?

orchid102
orchid102 Posts: 43 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
Specially in NW , a wizard grabs the flag , by hitting him you make him get faster to the score area, What the hell? this is extremely idiotic. Nerf that pos or give every other class the same BS advantage.
Post edited by orchid102 on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That's why you kill them with the biggest hits you can dish out. No one should be 5.0 APSing the Purify Spell user. I've seen plenty of Purify Spell users being taken down if you work as a team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Once in a 20vs1 battle, we were being held off by a R9.3 Psychic. It was near impossible to stop him just because he couldnt be held down while silencing everyone who dared to attack him most of the time. We barely won that fight.

That sort of ability makes it near impossible to stop a flag-carrier once they've gotten it, and its even worse if they've got support. The speed boost should be removed from the Purify Spell ability at the very least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Nry - Lost City
    Nry - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That's why you kill them with the biggest hits you can dish out. No one should be 5.0 APSing the Purify Spell user. I've seen plenty of Purify Spell users being taken down if you work as a team.

This is not so simple when 20 people are all trying to hit as hard as they can.
    Once in a 20vs1 battle, we were being held off by a R9.3 Psychic. It was near impossible to stop him just because he couldnt be held down while silencing everyone who dared to attack him most of the time. We barely won that fight.

That sort of ability makes it near impossible to stop a flag-carrier once they've gotten it, and its even worse if they've got support. The speed boost should be removed from the Purify Spell ability at the very least.

Honestly I think if the proc on the wep was literally...just a purify...that would still be over powered enough. It doesn't need speed or status protection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] united we are to the unit of measuring the greatness!
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To the OP, be in the base locking team on sanctuary. You will see magical things happen. After the base locking team has the 2nd flag, they pk, flag carrier included, for the next 15~20 minutes. After that they leisurely stroll to the flag point and win the map.

There are lots of issues with NW, if your topic is about prufiy in NW, this topic will get moved, if this topic is in general about the purify proc it will be safe.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2013

It's 10x easier to kill r9rr casters when they have no reason to run. Once their hp gets buffed by flag and they don't need to do anything but run, then it becomes extremely difficult.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i love the power glove, its so bad.i mean purify spell* b:chuckle
    edited February 2013
    This is not so simple when 20 people are all trying to hit as hard as they can.

It's 10x easier to kill r9rr casters when they have no reason to run. Once their hp gets buffed by flag and they don't need to do anything but run, then it becomes extremely difficult.

Simply put, if you know there is someone with a Purify Spell weapon in the battle against you, you either just try to kill them out or beat them to the flag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    just **** and stop qqing!

then remove max ranged purges and gof aswell
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    taringa181 wrote: »

+1 just stop QQing lol
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited February 2013

This.

Stop sucking and only touch the damned puller if you're either dishing out a decent-length stun/immobilize or you're dishing out a decent hit. There should be no way in hell a Psy for example will tank an archer charging up a big shot alongside a wizard BT + Spark combo.

The most OP effect purify spell has had on the game is via clerics. A squad can become immensely hard to take down -JUST- by having a cleric with purify spell; it's ****ing huge in determining the strength and effectiveness of a squad, and obviously frustrating when the other team's cleric has it and yours doesn't.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This.

Stop sucking and only touch the damned puller if you're either dishing out a decent-length stun/immobilize or you're dishing out a decent hit. There should be no way in hell a Psy for example will tank an archer charging up a big shot alongside a wizard BT + Spark combo.

The most OP effect purify spell has had on the game is via clerics. A squad can become immensely hard to take down -JUST- by having a cleric with purify spell; it's ****ing huge in determining the strength and effectiveness of a squad, and obviously frustrating when the other team's cleric has it and yours doesn't.

Kay, let's go tell every level 60 in NW not to attack or every derp derp aps fish not to attack. That'll go well. People are gonna attack period, it's NW, they're trying to get contribution. The very fact that anyone but extremely geared players attacking a caster will actually HELP said caster is pretty damn broken. If those very same people were to attack a heavy or LA class and they managed to get a stun or freeze in then got to land a few hits they'd be helping their team instead of hindering it.

Between Purify Spell and apothecary it's pretty difficult to take down an arcane carrying the flag, it's hard to take them down period. It's an overpowered weapon proc that GoF, Spirit Blackhole, and even a 5.0 R9R3 sin could never hope to hold a candle to in terms of sheer unbalance.

PW finally got around to reducing the effectiveness of APS, which is all well and good, but they overdid it by a longshot. Now melee classes need a boost because this is just ridiculous. Perhaps a weapon that reduces all magic damage by half, allows double damage at the cost of 5% HP, has a chance to remove seal and freeze upon hit, and gives a passive 30% speed boost that stacks with speed buffs. Yeah, that'll do it.
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    there used to be a reason some time ago for magic weps not having effects and archer weps not having SS / GoF, that's all i gonna say.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Kay, let's go tell every level 60 in NW not to attack or every derp derp aps fish not to attack. That'll go well. People are gonna attack period, it's NW, they're trying to get contribution. The very fact that anyone but extremely geared players attacking a caster will actually HELP said caster is pretty damn broken. If those very same people were to attack a heavy or LA class and they managed to get a stun or freeze in then got to land a few hits they'd be helping their team instead of hindering it.

Then don't go alone.
    I go with a squad of 10 weekly, and we run into several squads that rely on purify weapon to pull. They rarely ever successfully cap due to an inability to tank alone, and hell, my squad is 90% caster; we've got one friggin' archer. Sure, it's not like they should be taken lightly, but it's beyond doable. We're not 3rd cast ourselves, either. Barbs and archers continue to pull the flag better, barbs because they can tank and archers because they can reliably anti-stun when they truly need it.

I actually agree that I don't like purify spell, but I don't think it's much of an issue for NW, given that when the weapon ISN'T proc'ing, then the caster is slow as hell; even a pot won't even bring them halfway there, so you have ample opportunities to drop them.

As I said, I think it's an issue in the sense that it used to be part of your team skill and coordination was chaining control skills together to single out and pick off enemy targets. Now? Now it's just "everyone hit hard, one guy stun and if we're lucky we'll get him." It's made the game seem less skill and coordination focused and more luck-focused. Hell, I don't mean to unfairly throw clerics and mystics under the bus, but it wouldn't even be that bad if they didn't have purify spell because those two absolutely NEED to go down before other classes are even vulnerable, typically. When you've got a cleric with purify healing a bunch of heavy-hitting DDs, then you go to take out the cleric and you can't do a DAMNED but hope you all deal enough collective damage at the same time simply because the cleric has multiple opportunities to kite for a charm tick, then yeah, this is frustrating and far more boring to the old-fashioned way of going for the cleric, and the cleric living or dying depending more or less on how well the cleric's team could protect them. Alternatively you can have your cleric sleep the enemy cleric or SoG it, but by this point everyone knows how vital this is and thus has means to resist it, and if we're talking 10v10s with every class included, then TWO classes (Psy and Mystic) have a way to purify a sleep, one of them already semi in the habit of staying close to the cleric simply because it's good at protecting from sins.
    I know clerics will complain about this and say it's a godsend to finally have some form of anti-stun, but there's a REASON you've never gotten stun or anti-stun while other classes have: because you're the class that, if it doesn't die, nothing ever ****ing happens and it's an endless battle.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A Wizzard can still be killed...a psy is a whole different story given that they are broken as ****, if a psy grabs it and has good gear..unless some miracle chain purge on their white voodoo happens they are a pain to stop.
    edited February 2013
    A Wizzard can still be killed...a psy is a whole different story given that they are broken as ****, if a psy grabs it and has good gear..unless some miracle chain purge on their white voodoo happens they are a pain to stop.

Out of all classes that can get Purify Spell, Psys take the most annoying to kill award, especially if they are full +12 r9 s3 with JoSD. Fortunately when this happened to me, the squad was able to kill/distract the Psy off.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Out of all classes that can get Purify Spell, Psys take the most annoying to kill award, especially if they are full +12 r9 s3 with JoSD. Fortunately when this happened to me, the squad was able to kill/distract the Psy off.b:surrender

My squad for NW has multiple BMs. After they've wasted their immune we just tangling mire and drop multiple Blade Tornado on the f-ker

Edit: typically we use speed orbs with BT to stay on them if necessary
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm currently full final r9 at +10 armor and 11 weapon. I am only flawless citrine gemmmed atm though not josd. It really doesn't seem to hard for archers to kill me. In fact I would equate 80% of my deaths to archers. .

I have a super hard time killing fully tricked out psy and also seekers. Seekers are very likely to kill me if I don't run fast, while psy aren't as scary.

I am generally not in immediate danger from a psy, but I can often sit there an hit on them for quite some time and fail to kill them. Most times I just run away once I realize they are not the low refined weaklings. The stupid seal when I hit them makes it really hard. They have enough defence that it generally takes a two-three skill combo to kill them and possibly help from genie, but the stupid seal almost always breaks the combo into taking too long to kill them. It is generally better to just ignore or run aways from them, however in nw when they have flag that is not so viable.

Conclusion- QQ more about psy and seeker...not purify weapon.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Then don't go alone.
    I go with a squad of 10 weekly, and we run into several squads that rely on purify weapon to pull. They rarely ever successfully cap due to an inability to tank alone, and hell, my squad is 90% caster; we've got one friggin' archer. Sure, it's not like they should be taken lightly, but it's beyond doable. We're not 3rd cast ourselves, either. Barbs and archers continue to pull the flag better, barbs because they can tank and archers because they can reliably anti-stun when they truly need it.

I actually agree that I don't like purify spell, but I don't think it's much of an issue for NW, given that when the weapon ISN'T proc'ing, then the caster is slow as hell; even a pot won't even bring them halfway there, so you have ample opportunities to drop them.

As I said, I think it's an issue in the sense that it used to be part of your team skill and coordination was chaining control skills together to single out and pick off enemy targets. Now? Now it's just "everyone hit hard, one guy stun and if we're lucky we'll get him." It's made the game seem less skill and coordination focused and more luck-focused. Hell, I don't mean to unfairly throw clerics and mystics under the bus, but it wouldn't even be that bad if they didn't have purify spell because those two absolutely NEED to go down before other classes are even vulnerable, typically. When you've got a cleric with purify healing a bunch of heavy-hitting DDs, then you go to take out the cleric and you can't do a DAMNED but hope you all deal enough collective damage at the same time simply because the cleric has multiple opportunities to kite for a charm tick, then yeah, this is frustrating and far more boring to the old-fashioned way of going for the cleric, and the cleric living or dying depending more or less on how well the cleric's team could protect them. Alternatively you can have your cleric sleep the enemy cleric or SoG it, but by this point everyone knows how vital this is and thus has means to resist it, and if we're talking 10v10s with every class included, then TWO classes (Psy and Mystic) have a way to purify a sleep, one of them already semi in the habit of staying close to the cleric simply because it's good at protecting from sins.
    I know clerics will complain about this and say it's a godsend to finally have some form of anti-stun, but there's a REASON you've never gotten stun or anti-stun while other classes have: because you're the class that, if it doesn't die, nothing ever ****ing happens and it's an endless battle.

I never said it's not do-able, but look at all the precautions you have to take. The amount of people you need, the fact that you actually have to rely on luck in order to kill one. And after it's all said and done, one or two people can just as easily **** it up and ruin all the work that goes into killing one. Whether or not it can be done is irrelevant, we aren't discussing whether or not it's do-able. We're talking about it being overpowered, and no matter how anyone tries to put it or what hypothetical scenario with however many equally geared players you have fighting the caster, Purify Spell is overpowered. Period.
  • I_willscrewU - Sanctuary
    I_willscrewU - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Overpowered ... is just to say the least . The weapon hits melees like an army tank already , many times for 1 shots , why in the world would they still need to be purified and ,let alone purified, you make them run away at top speed- from the LOW elemental Defense "op" meles? haha, PW come on.. This reminds me of when I used to edit/make maps for certain other online game and the slight not properly tought of change made them so damn broken, giving one side too much and the other too little.. That's what happens when you get LazY and just change/add stuff around without properly analizing every possible result your ideas will cause when designing/developing/programing.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This.

I'm trying to convince a cleric in fac to recast the R8 wep she has for purify but someone has got it into her head that Nirvana is the one true path. I hope she reads this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2013

Armani I'm surprised to hear that from you, given that you know how quick Psys go down if you just try for a big hitter instead of DPS.

Any class can go down with the purify weapon, in my experience, though obviously yeah, if we're talking NW flag carrying, then Psy (or veno) would be the most threatening. TBH now that I recall I think venos have given my squad the most trouble, in this case. Clerics and wizzies are nothing, imagine mystics would be too, Psys can be decent, venos are kind of a problem. Though to be fair, my squad has Psys, yours doesn't. We can cancel out a Psy's charm buff, you can't.

I never said it's not do-able, but look at all the precautions you have to take. The amount of people you need, the fact that you actually have to rely on luck in order to kill one. And after it's all said and done, one or two people can just as easily **** it up and ruin all the work that goes into killing one. Whether or not it can be done is irrelevant, we aren't discussing whether or not it's do-able. We're talking about it being overpowered, and no matter how anyone tries to put it or what hypothetical scenario with however many equally geared players you have fighting the caster, Purify Spell is overpowered. Period.

I'm saying it's not anymore threatening than a barb and a barb pulling is still superior, so purify spell in NW is the least of our worries.
    But purify spell as a problem for the sheer fun factor of the game, given that tactics begin to become luck based? Absolutely. The reason control skills exist is because if the 10 classes had nothing but different attack and defense values, fights would be incredibly dull and the strongest class would quickly become apparent because there's only so many ways to make attack and defense capabilities vary and one of the 10 is bound to have the best, most practical overall stats. We NEED control skills for this game to be fun, and purify undercuts the value of control skills.

The problem is that with purge and GoF actually encouraged better teamwork. If you have purge archers and GoF barbs attacking your team's cleric, suddenly your teamwork and coordination is that much more important. Purify spell however is defensive, not offensive, and the result is that a simple lucky purify spell can completely trivialize a well-coordinated focus-fire by allowing the target to fall back and get a charm tick.

They could actually fix this quite easily simply by either cutting out the run speed bonus of purify spell entirely or by making the duration literally a second or two. Purify weapons? Sure, why not. But Anti-stun & speed buff weapons? I don't see the need. If the goal was to give AAs a way to break out of a 5aps stun or the like, then purify alone is enough to do the job. Breaking out gives venos, wizzies, mystics and Psys a window to react and control skill/avoid a sin; clerics cut it close but of course they benefit from the window of opportunity aswell. If they wanna prevent them from being stunned right away again, ok, brief anti-stun does that. But the running speed bonus negates focus-fire by actually giving the AA fast enough speed to completely kite out of range of their attackers until their charm ticks, which is just damned frustrating, creates a luck-factor for the game and as others in this thread are ranting about, needlessly makes squishies semi-threatening in NW as flag carriers.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    The only way I stop an op psy is undine, pray undine don't proc his weapon...spark blade tempest, pray his weapon don't proc and use pyro (300%). I was chasing nemki for 15min with the flag, and he scored simply because every time I tried a combo seal would interrupt it, if I immune seal the weapon goes off.

Lesson of the day, just don't let a psy with maxed out gear dig or your screwed.
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    My squad is purely dependent of our archer to purge and bm to time dg on mine and hankys blade tempest. Not to mention I see more and more psys camp white voodoo to crowd control, I miss the times where ppl played a psy to kill things, at least on HL
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    The only way I stop an op psy is undine, pray undine don't proc his weapon...spark blade tempest, pray his weapon don't proc and use pyro (300%). I was chasing nemki for 15min with the flag, and he scored simply because every time I tried a combo seal would interrupt it, if I immune seal the weapon goes off.

Lesson of the day, just don't let a psy with maxed out gear dig or your screwed.

Nemki doesn't count because his weapon is hax and everyone that was there swears that thing ****ing proc'ed 7 times in a row. Then I went to earth vector when it came off and it proc'ed again. b:laugh

Obviously yeah, **** like this can happen. But it's not as common as people are making it out to be. I think purify spell needs tweaking too, but I'm also a realist and I think people are exaggerating it's impact on NW in regards to flag carriers, though not exaggerating that it's overpowered.

My squad is purely dependent of our archer to purge and bm to time dg on mine and hankys blade tempest. Not to mention I see more and more psys camp white voodoo to crowd control, I miss the times where ppl played a psy to kill things, at least on HL

Gotta camp dat WV and run like a ninny til IG cooldown and then attempt for a kill brah. Obviously black voodoo isn't meant to be the main voodoo! Why would a glass cannon class utilize a skill that makes them a glass cannon?!

And on a side note, can someone confirm this? I believe the BM sword cyclone skill or whatever shoots straight through defense levels, making the voodoo irrelevant. Given that Psys have balls defense aside from defense levels, your BM could be used in that case. I think I've also heard the BM mobile zhen shoots through IG effect, though I can't confirm. It will NOT however pierce Psy will or expel, so you'd wanna stun the Psy, THEN use it.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    I'm not in favor of removing antistun, why because when you get purified your still dead , sins just going to freeze or restun you....having puri and no anti stun would be stupid. However, the speed proc could be removed,can always holy path and since I'm a wizard, demon leap is extra meters

This means flag capping will be left to barbs and bms, and psys and wizards will need to be the push stoppers like in TW , since you cannot use genie with the flag on you if the psychic does grab it he will need to speed spot and hope the proc goes off while the pot is in effect
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i just go ahead and quote my request from the suggestion box:
    i humbly request a fixed movement speed for the flag carrier in nation wars.
    using holy path at 90% of capture process, apothecary, class skills, buffs (elven alacrity) or purify add (increase speed by 200% for 5 seconds) makes it extremely difficult to catch or even cc (crowd control, stun sleep etc.) the flag carrier. just slightly uneven teams make it close to impossible to stop a flag carrier. the flag carrier speed should be a fixed value at ~6m/s that cannot be changed by any means. this will force people to play together more and would prevent some of those notorious 20vs1 victories for the one.

the one godlike cass is actually any full josd r9w+12 class, with or without purify weapon. the purify add just makes it much much harder to catch that already almost impossible to kill fully josd r9w+12 char, be it wiz, cleric, veno, mystic or psy - especially psy.
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    I'm not in favor of removing antistun, why because when you get purified your still dead , sins just going to freeze or restun you....having puri and no anti stun would be stupid. However, the speed proc could be removed,can always holy path and since I'm a wizard, demon leap is extra meters

Wizzies can leap or Force of Will
    Venos can run decently fast or just toss up a bramble
    Clerics are kinda screwed on actually escaping quickly, so they'd still take damage (though maybe this is good for balance)
    Psys can Psy will or stun or...a crapton of things
    Mystics can knockback or silence

Of those, Wizzies, Psys and venos have options that don't depend on trying to control skill a sin that may have anti-stun himself, with venos having to rely on simply running in some cases. 3 out of 5 isn't bad, given we're looking for balance.

Every class basically has a quick-casting skill that'd get the APS off of them if they got purify and anti-stun, but the running speed is what completely nullifies a well-focused and well-coordinated focus-fire attempt. It's gotta go.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Even if classes can defend, pvp and nw is all about numbers. In a 1v1 2v1 sure you can stun,seal get away but in those 8v20 in NW it's not so simple. If removed of speed buff, it means that the classes who were designed to tank, would have a purpose which is good vs anybody who is maxed out AA LA tanking due to the proc launching them away at high speed
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    It's controversial to add and remove from this proc but I do agree it's broken as hell, right now if your not a caster your stupid, Just like back when 5.0 released if you were not a sin you were stupid.

Pwe is dumb as rocks after it turned into a 100% profit corp, they just make every patch to have you reroll to the class that has an edge to have you spend more, but that's my opinion.
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    taringa181 wrote: »

I agree. Purify is good but when purge procs on a r9.3 wiz he gets hit by a similar geared archer for 5k normal hits and 10k crits.

Also keep in mid purify replaces the charger orb speed buff.

Also any op caster can be rendered useless by a smart cleric that can cc them with 30sec sleep and 15 sec sog.
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle