Water in Warsong for Archers

Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Archer
Have any archers defended Water pavilion in a full Warsong run? Any tips?
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I suppose if you have enough HP and depending on the head spawn you could jsut barrage on the head and do the same as Seekers do, except your gonna waste a bit of an HP/or HP Pots to successfully defend it. However Ive seen archers jsut using wingspan and lightning blast to defend it. Of course they are usually R9s with +10-12 armor with decent stones. Would be harder for say a +10 R8 Archer such as myself to defend it. Ill stick to doing water on my BM and Fire on my EA :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Water is actually one of the easiest pavs. All you do is use demon wingspan and kite around in a circle until you can cast wingspan again. Every 8 seconds you knockback all the mobs and gain a shield. You should barely take any damage. Every once in a while you can build up enough chi to triple spark the mobs with the wingspan to clear them all out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • soulhunter1987
    soulhunter1987 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All Lanes are fairly easy for archer. Normal hits on water hit pretty good + what asterelle said with wingspan. on wood ur metal skills go through the roof. Earth die fairly fast 2 + tons of room 2 move around. and metal/fire ooh well the usual lanes archers take xD
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What Ast said is pretty much what I do in water.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    Thanx for the advice!

I tried this yesterday in a practice defense and barely succeeded. NPC had about 5% HP left. The head had reset so I had to run toward the NPC and that screwed everything up.

I doubt I could do it if I get purged, though. Need more practice!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanx for the advice!

I tried this yesterday in a practice defense and barely succeeded. NPC had about 5% HP left. The head had reset so I had to run toward the NPC and that screwed everything up.

I doubt I could do it if I get purged, though.

You want to get the head in the knockback as you wingspan the mobs (though you don't need to attack it directly).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    You want to get the head in the knockback as you wingspan the mobs (though you don't need to attack it directly).

Yeah, I did not realize that, and it had reset at the beginning before it reached me for knockbacks. Habit from the other pavs.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I suppose if you have enough HP and depending on the head spawn you could jsut barrage on the head and do the same as Seekers do, except your gonna waste a bit of an HP/or HP Pots to successfully defend it. However Ive seen archers jsut using wingspan and lightning blast to defend it. Of course they are usually R9s with +10-12 armor with decent stones. Would be harder for say a +10 R8 Archer such as myself to defend it. Ill stick to doing water on my BM and Fire on my EA :p

You don't need to be r9 or +10 armor to defend water... if you don't lag. The most important thing is timing and keeping tabs on the position of all the mobs. I was once able to sucessful defend with a broken r9 bow and cape. Without cape all my armor goes dark leaving me with 3.8k hp... and without bow I default back to my r8 back up bow (my r8 bow is +12). The npc was at 50% hp when the last mob dies. Mobs reset on me quiet often as I had to keep more distance since I have next to no hp and essentially no defenses. Sharp/metal aoe/wing aoe... and holy path away when mobs get close.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf