Which Class Needs An Upgrade?

burningsweetfire
burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
State your class and why? b:thanks

You may include observation from class performances as any level and gears.

Since poll max 10, there a 11th option to say it's balanced the way it is.
Post edited by burningsweetfire on

Comments

• wushih14
    wushih14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Voted for Archer. Not really upgrade, but their buff icons should be changed so as the genie skills with the same effects(e.g. increase MSpd) cannot overwrite them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Eyes like a sunrise, like a rainfall down my soul...'

Spearena|The blithe demon Archeress

~Signature made by me! XD
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Classes are balance, but everyone needs to be full r9 +12 with josd to fully utilize it. So classes don't need upgrade, gears just need to be changed.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Mystic since everyone and their mothers say mystic is the lamest class in pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Barbs because next content update. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Nry - Lost City
    Nry - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What previous person said about archers...they shouldn't constantly overwrite their own buffs.

Also I have always thought it was lame that archers have very little damage mitigation. Their shield sucks, they have no way to heal, very little control skills, and knockback doesn't work in pvp.

That's not to say that archers suck...just that you don't have as many options as you should when you play them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] united we are to the unit of measuring the greatness!
  • hiyoga789
    hiyoga789 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    for god sakes upgrade sin skills all the classes ppl voted for hv allready been upgraded numerous times i would prefer pwi giving sins better skills to help us last longer in nw and kill alot more we are of no use in nw ....so pls i would vote for assassins b:angry. PS arch server rocks b:victory
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Now that all classes got better skills with the Morai content update, as well as the massive amounts of beefing to the existing skills in the recent-ish skill revamp, I think sins are up for a lil boost.

Venos/barbs get their new animal forms and skills, as well as some additions to their existing skills (if i remember right) in the next content update. Venos also get their pet system updated and new pets. With that guarantee (at least, PWCN has it), I didn't vote for them.

I didn't mind that sins didn't get any useful skills from Morai and small updates on skills that aren't useful to sins in both PvP and PvE, but if other classes keep getting benefits of change while sins are left out (Psys are even given great additions and skill revamps!) of the majority of everything, then I predict there is going to be quite a lot of QQ about it eventually.

I just want something new to play with that would change my tactics. It'd be fun! b:sad
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What Skai said is true.

People QQed so much about sins and thier op-ness. But atm endgame-wise, they are the weakest class.
    Assassins need some improvements of their skills, for sure.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • amingwati
    amingwati Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think it's not a specific class that need to be upgraded, but more to the game mechanics.

The evasion mechanics for all classes need to be upgraded.. Ppl should be able to rely more on evasion, especially for the squishy meele classes like sins or to any class that pump dexterity stats by general..
    There is absolutely no love for evasion now. For example when ppl have to choose between protection, elemental, and ethereal accessory, no matter what the class, there is no doubt that ethereal is the first one to be kicked. Except if they need that piece of ethereal accessory for getting a set bonus.

However by doing so, the classes that got the most benefit would be assassins and archers..
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    amingwati wrote: »
    I think it's not a specific class that need to be upgraded, but more to the game mechanics.

The evasion mechanics for all classes need to be upgraded.. Ppl should be able to rely more on evasion, especially for the squishy meele classes like sins or to any class that pump dexterity stats by general..
    There is absolutely no love for evasion now. For example when ppl have to choose between protection, elemental, and ethereal accessory, no matter what the class, there is no doubt that ethereal is the first one to be kicked. Except if they need that piece of ethereal accessory for getting a set bonus.

However by doing so, the classes that got the most benefit would be assassins and archers..

Magic would need to start missing then, since magic skills doesn't care about evasion, then you have to deal with the "100% accuracy" skills too like Mighty Swing or Berserker's Wrath that Barbs have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    this poll's question now is..."what class you are ?" b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The votes surprise me. Archer is one of the last classes that needs an upgrade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Archers
    Self buff is so poor compared to every other class, and it makes such little difference and is so easily overwritten.
    Secondly, every other class gets a skill that procs independent of what skills they are using, archers can only purge with non debuffing skills.
    Range advantage is so minimal also, especially between sage and demon archers. Perhaps a percentage range buff should be included in the self buff and possibly some accuracy or something. Or evasion needs to be buffed.
    Archers should have their own icon for their own buff too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    Archers have the highest patk of any class, can use it to cast magic attacks, have advanced purge on their end game weapon that calculates purge before dealing damage, have a higher stealth than sins have a simultaneous anti stun and dmg reduction, now have leaps, have reduced cooldown on their simultaneous long lasting dragons and hp debuff.

You guys are on crack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You forgot the free 3 sparks every few minutes!

Yeah coming from Sanctuary, The Archer Server (TM), they definitely don't need any improving whatsoever.

Evasion doesn't need any improving. R999 archers and sins are stupidly hard to hit already.

I think that sin is the worst class overall for mass pvp. BM is also on the poor side endgame (although Blade Tornado helps a *lot*).

Other than that, Seekers seem like the most "meh" class in the game. Really good with r9+, but other than that they're a bit dull.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All classes need an update... We all need to be able to 1 shot everyone! >:o
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Archers have the highest patk of any class, can use it to cast magic attacks, have advanced purge on their end game weapon that calculates purge before dealing damage, have a higher stealth than sins have a simultaneous anti stun and dmg reduction, now have leaps, have reduced cooldown on their simultaneous long lasting dragons and hp debuff.

You guys are on crack.

+heroin

On the main topic I voted for clerics. Make them better in pvp and soloing so more people will play the class and then the rest of us can get our quests done easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Now that all classes got better skills with the Morai content update, as well as the massive amounts of beefing to the existing skills in the recent-ish skill revamp, I think sins are up for a lil boost.

Venos/barbs get their new animal forms and skills, as well as some additions to their existing skills (if i remember right) in the next content update. Venos also get their pet system updated and new pets. With that guarantee (at least, PWCN has it), I didn't vote for them.

I didn't mind that sins didn't get any useful skills from Morai and small updates on skills that aren't useful to sins in both PvP and PvE, but if other classes keep getting benefits of change while sins are left out (Psys are even given great additions and skill revamps!) of the majority of everything, then I predict there is going to be quite a lot of QQ about it eventually.

I just want something new to play with that would change my tactics. It'd be fun! b:sad

What more could a sin possibly have?... >.>

Don't you realize the reason there even were new skills introduced was so other classes woudn't suck so much compared to TB?

You already have a seal, a freeze, 2 stuns, heals, oneshot avoidance, negative stat avoidance, evasion of magic and physical hits that didn't miss, crit damage buff, shadow escape, 2 teles, speed buffs, anti stun...ffs what more do you want? what more can you have o.O ?

Anyway, as for the question, I'm gonna have to jump on the bandwagon and say that archers need an upgrade

we still have the least amount of viable skills and our self buffs need to stop overwriting themselves, also we need some sort of useful buff >.>

You guys are on crack.

What is this? we have the highest p attack, but what of it? Our skills really lack any good damage adds, they mostly all have ****ty set bonuses. We have 3 viable m attacks, and they have fairly long CDs and long chann time. Advanced purge is absolute **** compared to purify and GoF, especially when our self buffs are as bad as they are. Our "dragons" is nowhere near as potent as HF.

I'm not saying I need any of these things(cept self buffs) to be improved, I'm just saying your reasons for saying archers are "on crack" are stupid.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Venos. The outdated pets and leveling them are just absolutely no motivation to me anymore, compared to my real main.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's HILARIOUS how bias these poll results are.

Archer and sin in the top 3, Seeker near the bottom, wtf??
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would say Venomancers need a little update on their Fox Form skills. I'd love to see the skills more debuff-oriented. It doesn't have to be a damage increase, just better bonuses.

Pets and pet leveling need a major update as well but we'll hopefully get it eventually.

Other than that I agree that Archers need a more useful buff and an update so their buff doesn't get overwritten by everything else.
    I think it would be nice if Archers had a increase crit rate squad buff. Not too much, perhaps +3% or so, not to make it too broken.

Also, still need bigger/better aggro-keeping skills for Barbarians o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Deathfreeze - Harshlands
    Deathfreeze - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    give barbs stealth so they can stealth arma
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What is this? we have the highest p attack, but what of it? Our skills really lack any good damage adds, they mostly all have ****ty set bonuses. We have 3 viable m attacks, and they have fairly long CDs and long chann time. Advanced purge is absolute **** compared to purify and GoF, especially when our self buffs are as bad as they are. Our "dragons" is nowhere near as potent as HF.

I'm not saying I need any of these things(cept self buffs) to be improved, I'm just saying your reasons for saying archers are "on crack" are stupid.

First off, god bless you for what you said about sins. But having both mag and phys attack is a huge advantage for archers and if only having 3 mag attacks was such a disadvantage more would go sage and get that fourth mag attack. And one of your mag attacks debuffs metal defense for 50%, on my seeker I have to use a spark to do that and its _worth_ it.

The added damage to archer skills looks lame compared to other classes. But their base damage is so high and their weapon damage is so high that it makes up for it. And their main stat of dexterity increases damage in two ways, by the damage formula and through crits. Add it all up and archers can tab and auto attack and still get by in pvp.

And now they have leaps. Since they do reduced damage on close attacks melees want to rush them. Now they leap away. Archers need buffs that don't get overwritten by genie skills other than that they are doing fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    -Outside of their own icon for their speed buff or something slightly more useful (+Crit suggested above sounds decent), Archers don't really need anything.

-Venos can use some new animations for their spells imo.

-Make Guardian Light a mini-antistun for Clerics (maybe...Purify Spell weapons at end-game pretty much nullify the need of one...)

-Sage/Demon plants for Mystics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    venomancer:
    pets are useless 1shots
    foxformskills are a joke compared to real melee skills especially endgame with purify weapons
    purge not working on a few buffs
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    It's HILARIOUS how bias these poll results are.

Archer and sin in the top 3, Seeker near the bottom, wtf??

Lol. Seekers are the most broken class in the game.

Archers have the highest p attack yet seekers barbs sins and bms can hit harder with a zerk than we can with a purge.

Compared to psychics and sins and seekers, archers require so much more chi to defend themselves or cast cc skills.

Archers are defensively one of the worst classes even if we have leaps lol. Every class gets a useful self buff some get more than one. Archers do not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Pwi balance QQ in a nutshell

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20090916

Seriously 11 people clicked archer, lol
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    First off, god bless you for what you said about sins. But having both mag and phys attack is a huge advantage for archers and if only having 3 mag attacks was such a disadvantage more would go sage and get that fourth mag attack. And one of your mag attacks debuffs metal defense for 50%, on my seeker I have to use a spark to do that and its _worth_ it.

The added damage to archer skills looks lame compared to other classes. But their base damage is so high and their weapon damage is so high that it makes up for it. And their main stat of dexterity increases damage in two ways, by the damage formula and through crits. Add it all up and archers can tab and auto attack and still get by in pvp.

And now they have leaps. Since they do reduced damage on close attacks melees want to rush them. Now they leap away. Archers need buffs that don't get overwritten by genie skills other than that they are doing fine.

But then.. Seekers can immobilise for free, anti stun for free, gof on any skill including magic and have 30 defense levels for free I gotta buy 15 josds for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lol. Seekers are the most broken class in the game.

Archers have the highest p attack yet seekers barbs sins and bms can hit harder with a zerk than we can with a purge.

Compared to psychics and sins and seekers, archers require so much more chi to defend themselves or cast cc skills.

Archers are defensively one of the worst classes even if we have leaps lol. Every class gets a useful self buff some get more than one. Archers do not.

Even after making full r9rr you claim to play the weakest calss in game, Bhavy. Time to believe in yourself, man.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    Dear archers.
    The average metal attack from a r9.3 +10 bow hits me around 13k when it hits simultaneously with purge proc.

This is despite my +10 cube neck, r9.3 belt, and currently using immac saphires as filler gems.

Please go look up the highest kill counts in rankings and kindly gtfo ;]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]