Remove added glitches, please.

13»

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wasn't the one who brought up HF, that was Saku. You could try actually reading.

A: Give me some examples of that then?

Try reading earlier posts

B: If the boosts are so minor then why are you QQing about their loss?

Nobody does

No argument here...

So again... if you think PWI is broken in other ways, make a thread about that. Make a thread about how you think Zeal pulling should be fixed so you can't do it anymore. I wouldn't necessarily agree with you, but it'd be an interesting discussion that I could totally see both sides of.

Exploit =/= bad necessarily, exploit adds are the best content this game has ever gotten and again they are treated as aspects of the game in other PW's (CC included)

That would actually be a debate. This is just "WAAAAAAH I CAN'T GET MY GLITCHED BUFFS ANYMORE QQQQQQ"

A debate requires 2 well informed sides this is more like an *** kicking

Lrn2play/read/think/be less pretentious
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    2-3.5 years ago there were guides in the forums on how to CC. It was taught openly in threads. People may call it a cheat or an exploit now but it was legitimized and the GMs were okay with it. It was even discussed "can we get banned for using this" and the answer was no.

This was right along the time that people were glitching claws into fox and tiger form and there were discussion of what is a glitch and what is bannable. Claws in trueform was a glitch and bannable. CCing skills was not.

Spoons described CCing as much as an exploit as pulling using a genie or using safety lock to prevent pk drop. Safety lock is a safety feature to prevent gear from being stolen or removed from your account, not to prevent item drop in pk, but a ton of people find it works well for that and is cheaper than using a GS. That's about the level of CCing.

Again it IS an exploit, but like most others it was OKed as a feature of the game.

glitch = doing something against game mechanics (in the case of clawform this was server lag+ wrong wep+skill channel)
    exploit = abusing game mechanics (buff applied at end of channeling, do not cast, you have buff)

again pulling and lock ARE exploits, but like CC their removal would break the game more than their existence thus feature
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wasn't the one who brought up HF, that was Saku. You could try actually reading.
    Xainou brought it up earlier thinking you could apply a debuff on an enemy with CCing. CCing only applies self buffs. You could try actually reading.
    A: Give me some examples of that then?
    B: If the boosts are so minor then why are you QQing about their loss?
    Beastial Onslaught sucks outside of setting up for an Arma in pk. One use for that skill now. Cyclone I rarely use for the buff, its just an aoe now. No point in using a skill that costs 2 seconds attack for 1 hit to increase aps, I'd lose more damage than I gain using that attack. Drakes Breath Bash is almost never used. Not even in pk because burning two sparks for elemental damage is ridiculous.

However, they all became useful just for their buffs for an quick aps boost, or a small elemental boost, or barbs keeping better aggro if you didn't have to burn the time or sparks to use them and don't actually cast the skill for an attack. Glacial Spike was successful only 50% of the time but gave BMs a much needed crit streak in pk since our dph is one of the worst out there with no heavy hitting skills. Even barbs have Sunder and Arma.

We're QQing about their loss because QQing made PWI alter the game and how a dozen or so skills work. We just want it un-altered.
    if you think PWI is broken in other ways, make a thread about that. Make a thread about how you think Zeal pulling should be fixed so you can't do it anymore.
    Off topic.

EDIT:
    You still have yet to address my point about design, here. It's expected that you can go and nuke a low level boss as an endgame char - that's also part of basic RPG design. It's not expected that you can nuke a high level boss - something that's presumably designed to be a challenge - in roughly the same manner.

Sorry, I forgot to address your off topic point in your own thread that has almost nothing to do with CCing or the nerfing of aps.

Endgame bosses are a challenge...over 2 years ago. Very little new content has been released since then but a lot of new gear and higher refines have been released and farmed. I remember when Nirvana was released over 2 years ago and it was an hour long thing. The aps gear was there then, just no one had +10 (+7 was high back then) and very few people had higher than 3.33.

I still have half my Aba clerics and all my Seat cleric's afraid to follow the squad to the boss because "what if we wipe?" and that's 6 month old content. Bosses have their challenges, players farm gear and ways to exceed them. That's the nature of an rpg.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Isnt the nature of an RPG to role play in a game?

If so I want to make a elf bard
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Isnt the nature of an RPG to role play in a game?

If so I want to make a elf bard

You'd role play a virgin with actual morals, and something something something Sword of Truth. Ya know, something completely make believe.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Pretty sure your either a bloody idiot or straight trolling at this point

Nope, just ashamed I used to be in the same faction as such a terrible person for some time :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    You'd role play a virgin with actual morals, and something something something Sword of Truth. Ya know, something completely make believe.

Awwww <3
    Nope, just ashamed I used to be in the same faction as such a terrible person for some time :p

Un huh, gotta say I've never really been attached to any faction enough to feel any real emotion based on a forum post from an individual that left it years ago.

You know you seem to get really bloody judgmental when confronted with things you didn't bother reading all the way through? Its almost cute, you can be victim pony

Calling people idiots is different, it's actually true and relevant, I can take out the big words for em too!
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Too much to quote from the twin trolls, here. I'll just say this and then leave you to your pathetic rationalizations:

The word of a GM is worth about as much as the bandwidth used to send it. To call anything "legitimized" by a GM is to imply that they have control over, or even knowledge of, any game feature that doesn't expressly relate to the cash shop or PWI-specific systems like DQ points. And of course, they have no such control or knowledge. I know that both of you know this.

The only half-legitimate argument from you two is the "well X is broken, too" line. But the problem there is, you're trying to make a corollary to that in the form of "well if X is broken, then Y should be broken too." No it shouldn't. It means neither X or Y should be broken. That's why I said - and it is on-topic, actually - that the two of you ought to make a thread to discuss these kinds of would-be legitimate issues that deserve discussion.

But that's not what's going on in this thread. What's going on in this thread is that two BMs are QQing about an issue that's been dead and buried for two years and high-fiving each other every other post in the process. Maybe if you had your priorities in the right order you'd actually have some chance of being taken seriously. But clearly your priorities lie in reviving a long-dead glitch rather than fixing existing ones, so if you have no other half-legitimate arguments to present, I'll be content to let this thread die. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Too much to quote from the twin trolls, here. I'll just say this and then leave you to your pathetic rationalizations:

The word of a GM is worth about as much as the bandwidth used to send it. To call anything "legitimized" by a GM is to imply that they have control over, or even knowledge of, any game feature that doesn't expressly relate to the cash shop or PWI-specific systems like DQ points. And of course, they have no such control or knowledge. I know that both of you know this.

The only half-legitimate argument from you two is the "well X is broken, too" line. But the problem there is, you're trying to make a corollary to that in the form of "well if X is broken, then Y should be broken too." No it shouldn't. It means neither X or Y should be broken. That's why I said - and it is on-topic, actually - that the two of you ought to make a thread to discuss these kinds of would-be legitimate issues that deserve discussion.

But that's not what's going on in this thread. What's going on in this thread is that two BMs are QQing about an issue that's been dead and buried for two years and high-fiving each other every other post in the process. Maybe if you had your priorities in the right order you'd actually have some chance of being taken seriously. But clearly your priorities lie in reviving a long-dead glitch rather than fixing existing ones, so if you have no other half-legitimate arguments to present, I'll be content to let this thread die. :P

AWWWWW some one's butthurt that he cant use or read real person words!

Its ok I see you've taken the standard line of retreat known as "I'm right cause I'm right hmph" available to all politicians and 6 year olds. So now that the formalities are wrapped up nicely have a jolly good day and die in a pit!
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    AWWWWW some one's butthurt that he cant use or read real person words!

Its ok I see you've taken the standard line of retreat known as "I'm right cause I'm right hmph" available to all politicians and 6 year olds. So now that the formalities are wrapped up nicely have a jolly good day and die in a pit!

I'm fairly certain the butthurt is coming from the QQ'ing over something that you want but don't have.

Is that legible enough for you?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    I'm fairly certain the butthurt is coming from the QQ'ing over something that you want but don't have.

Is that legible enough for you?

I, quit, the, game.

I did DL again for the sake of f-ing around on low level chars because the open world aspect of pwi is fun but my "give a ****" for any issue is literally 0. I just miss mocking the pompous trash so the forums I go to.

Lets recreate the forum as a skype convo!

Saku: Y U BUG UR OWN GAME!? Y U DO?
    Randoms: emotional bias and ignorance
    Saku: No really guys this is how it works
    Randoms: emotional bias and ignorance
    Me: Oi heres some facts and I hate all of you
    Randoms: more ignorance and emotional bias
    Me: Smaller words
    Randoms: Emotional bias
    Saku:ponys
    Me & saku: tiny words
    Randoms: EMOOOTION
    Me: Eh go die
    Random 1: Judgement
    Me:Idgaf
    Random 2: emotional bias ignorance judgment and pompousness
    Me: Idgaf
    You: Deeeeerp y u so mad bro I dun get facetious mockery and has emotional bias
    Me:small words
    Saku:afk

In all seriousness I present objective arguments to inform rather than to force others into my style of thought however the massive emotional backlash from issues has lead me to narcissisticticly trash on people for the sake of my own amusement. Its just more fun for me to inform with a touch of tongue in cheek hate humor. "Y u be mean?" Because clericperson anyone I'm going to like will most likely A read objectively then avoid the topic due to a moral conflict or B join in in either the mockery or present an objective and factual argument against me. Hell if I care bout the rest of ya.
  • Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear
    Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    R9 3rd cast Sin zerk crit my R9 Seeker for 19K

I stopped reading there... Nobody ever hit ANY of my chars for THAT much, ever. While I have way less defense levels / P.DEF than your R9 seeker. (were you even using armor to begin with or you just pulled that number out of your bum?)

I'm not even going to say learn how to play, this game is suited for people like you anyway.
    This game is fail-proof unless you are dumber than a donkey. ...Too bad a lot of players fall into that exact category. ~maocchi

Level 81 HA/APS Fox, Level 75 VIT/defense tiger, Level 56 VIT/APS Seeker, Level 54 Dual sword BM, Level 36 assassin, Level 38 Archer, level 32 Priestess, level 41 Wizard on this account. HT~

LVL 24 Mystic~LC
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    I stopped reading there... Nobody ever hit ANY of my chars for THAT much, ever. While I have way less defense levels / P.DEF than your R9 seeker. (were you even using armor to begin with or you just pulled that number out of your bum?)

I'm not even going to say learn how to play, this game is suited for people like you anyway.

Fight better people. I'm r9 bm with some 3rd cast gear and some G16 Nirvana. Recently between NW and TW I've gotten hit for 15k by a sin, 25k by a wiz (through magic marrow) and 24k by a seeker (I think also while magic marrowed in group pvp).

There's a few videos of sins hitting well geareed barbs in tiger form for 30k with full gear.
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I, quit, the, game.

I did DL again

...okay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Hello Yulk.

Is the number one care bear of PWI still too scared to step into Nation Wars ?

b:bye
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Fight better people. I'm r9 bm with some 3rd cast gear and some G16 Nirvana. Recently between NW and TW I've gotten hit for 15k by a sin, 25k by a wiz (through magic marrow) and 24k by a seeker (I think also while magic marrowed in group pvp).

There's a few videos of sins hitting well geareed barbs in tiger form for 30k with full gear.

^ this

Then again this thread had a +3 armor cleric claiming to beat rank 9's so lets not take the random "get on my level nub" comments seriously sir
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    ...okay.

Dont judge me >.>

I can quit again whenever I want!!!
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dont judge me >.>

I can quit again whenever I want!!!

You can't, bwahaha.
    I couldn't, regardless I am perma banned. I almost uninstalled. b:cry
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2013
    ^ this

Then again this thread had a +3 armor cleric claiming to beat rank 9's so lets not take the random "get on my level nub" comments seriously sir
    Hey, it's not my fault people bother to get R9 and then never bother to learn how to actually play their characters, or wear charms.

If I went up against someone with R9 who actually knew what they were doing, were decently sharded and refined, I know I wouldn't stand a chance. It's just funny at how many R9's I am able to take down. Which was my point.... learn to play your class, and learn PvP tactics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Hey, it's not my fault people bother to get R9 and then never bother to learn how to actually play their characters, or wear charms.

If I went up against someone with R9 who actually knew what they were doing, were decently sharded and refined, I know I wouldn't stand a chance. It's just funny at how many R9's I am able to take down. Which was my point.... learn to play your class, and learn PvP tactics.

*math on how a +10 r8 crit from any class will one shot arcane in +3*

Too lazy to do it

srsly though

archer autoattacks once > dead
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2013
    *math on how a +10 r8 crit from any class will one shot arcane in +3*

Too lazy to do it

srsly though

archer autoattacks once > dead
    Sharded with garnets, plus I use Plume Shell, Guardian Light, and stone turtle orbs. By the time the archer starts hitting me for more than 100 points a shot they're dead.

Unless, that is, they actually know how to play their class and use their skills to their advantage. Then I don't stand a chance. Their fail is my win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013

In the red... epic failure. Yet you tell me to fight "better people". I guess you use magic marrow to defend against sins too? How skilled is that? b:beatup b:shutup

Is the number one care bear of PWI still too scared to step into Nation Wars ?

b:bye

I have went into nation wars on a 7x toon and not even a single R9 3rd cast user (including sins and seekers) hit me that much.

I find shooting free throws in basketball more scary than NW IJS.
    This game is fail-proof unless you are dumber than a donkey. ...Too bad a lot of players fall into that exact category. ~maocchi

Level 81 HA/APS Fox, Level 75 VIT/defense tiger, Level 56 VIT/APS Seeker, Level 54 Dual sword BM, Level 36 assassin, Level 38 Archer, level 32 Priestess, level 41 Wizard on this account. HT~

LVL 24 Mystic~LC
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Sharded with garnets, plus I use Plume Shell, Guardian Light, and stone turtle orbs. By the time the archer starts hitting me for more than 100 points a shot they're dead.

Unless, that is, they actually know how to play their class and use their skills to their advantage. Then I don't stand a chance. Their fail is my win.

lightning strike then

GL and WoP do have a pretty stupid CD so it'll just one shot after your hp shell pops

and with +3 armor I doubt you have seal of the w/e for an infinite lock and the archer may have a geni equipped at some point...just mabey
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In the red... epic failure. Yet you tell me to fight "better people". I guess you use magic marrow to defend against sins too? How skilled is that? b:beatup b:shutup

Why wouldn't he use mag marrow against a seeker or wizzie? Most seekers seem to love spamming swirly dude at BMs, and casters are the usual ones to kill BMs while they are on the defensive. Add in that it's demon marrow, and it's kinda a good thing to do. And if for some reason you need to worry about phys damage, pop a charm for it. Will give plenty of time to swap as needed.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Why wouldn't he use mag marrow against a seeker or wizzie? Most seekers seem to love spamming swirly dude at BMs, and casters are the usual ones to kill BMs while they are on the defensive. Add in that it's demon marrow, and it's kinda a good thing to do. And if for some reason you need to worry about phys damage, pop a charm for it. Will give plenty of time to swap as needed.

Or just hit demon bell

Is it because you're fat? Cuz that'd do it if so.

Srsly mag marrow is the win

as for a lot of the boasts people have made in this thread... SS or vid please or your just talking out your buttocks

I look forward to 70 taking less than 20k from a real skill off a +12 R999
    edited February 2013
    Srsly mag marrow is the win

Yeah like getting yourself killed win... No wonder why you die too easily. Too bad I can't give you advice, you're just another ignorant level 101+ nerd who thinks he knows what he is doing since he PVPs WAY more often. (You play this game a LOT more than me and have more posts than me and yet you still fail)

LVL 24 Mystic~LC
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah like getting yourself killed win... No wonder why you die too easily. Too bad I can't give you advice, you're just another ignorant level 101+ nerd who thinks he knows what he is doing since he PVPs WAY more often. (You play this game a LOT more than me and have more posts than me and yet you still fail)

Junk alt accounts don't matter too much, especially when they have theory that simply doesn't apply. I've been in mag marrow plenty in NW. Grand total of assassin who have managed to kill me by themself? 1. 1 in all the NWs I've been in since december. The only way I die near them is when they stun me, and then I see a big earth guy rise and smack me with, with the notation killed by Psychic in my chat box.

Is there possibly something wrong with doing mag marrow in those cases? In a very rare place possibly. Is it ever going to occur often enough with the gear in game, and lack of player skill in their classes? Not a chance in hell.

We play in reality, come join us. It's fun.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Anyway, on topic:
    *puts an approving check-mark next to CC existance*
    And I really don't give an anything about the whole aps thing anymore xD.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Guys, please get back on topic or I will have to close this thread.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh sure, my post gets deleted but the other off-topic ones right above me don't :p b:cute
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray