Revamp rewards

VVarSmite - Sanctuary
VVarSmite - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Suggestion Box
Something new to spend supply tokens on would benefit all servers greatly.
Currently, the prices for cannies/raps are hitting rock bottom, seeing as how there is no demand for them. Thus, everything supply token related is dropping, which leads to less profit in NW. To counteract this, they should set a price on supply tokens to keep them up somewhat.
Various ways to do this, but one would be to put ecstasy cards in for 20 tokens or something like that.
Any thoughts? Please share!
Any chance they will change it? Lol...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

\/enice ~ 101 seeker
VVarSmtie ~ 101RB assassin
ArchSlayerZ ~ 100 blademaster
Post edited by VVarSmite - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Eh they kinda have but they changed it from what CN had to this.

CN had i think it was 8 tokens for 5 canny and like 40 for a rap(Probably not correct) though can't remember exact numbers but alot higher.

Also they have chienkungs and 5* D orbs in there and possibly other stuff but those 2 i know for sure.

Upside to making ecstasy cards and excitements from supply tokens is the prices would be finite and never change because they would be based off that. Also most people do NW for coin and the other do it for R9RR/NW Gear upgrades.

So from a economy standpoint coin cards would solve many many problems as long as it requires a decent amount of tokens to do so.

However PW actually doing this ehhhhhh we'll see......
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Supply tokens already have a floor price of 10k each. People are going to try and base the prices they buy for on the cheapest things they can, though. Adding cards to the rewards would... not be a very good idea overall because they'd be the new basis for them and prices would stagnate from people not making anything else due to lack of profit.

Which would make getting Seals of War (or anything else useful, for that matter) much more difficult.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    I think that more positive then negative cause right now you can get everything for pretty much dirt cheap and that would make it more challenging.

Also yeah that was my point that they'd base it off that for everything else meaning everything goes up in price again.

As it stands with current rap/canny price you can get R9R in a couple of weeks easily and R9RR is free meaning end game game gear like its nothing.

By making the prices go up for rap/canny/SoW/ect. people first of all can get coin quicker and secondly make it harder to get end game gear.

Don't get me wrong there will be downsides such as Puzzle neck and Warsong belts going up.

Also R8R mats will got up in price (Possibly helping trials come back alive).

As PWI currently stands in 1 month you can get from 1-100 relatively easy. You can get full G15 Nirvana (Not counting TT99 gold pre requ) in aprox 2-3 weeks. You can get full G16 in 2 weeks if you do warsong twice a day each day. Meaning oh look iv played the game 2 months and there isn't anything left to do.....

I think this would help more positively then negatively in the end (Like i said at start).
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    But that's the problem I addressed already.

Take tokens of luck for example. They will never be sold for below 10k in catshops due to the same NPC price as supply tokens... but often times people will try to buy them for below that same NPC price.

Now if everyone can make the cards from supply tokens and the prices of other mats go up, unless the catshops are buying for at least the price of those cards + the fee... people are just going to make the cards instead. And what happens when everyone's just making cards? We get a huge influx of coin making coin itself even less valuable (right now NW serves as an excellent coin sink and having it give away free coin would defeat that purpose) and many people wouldn't even realize that as it happens and instead try to get even more coin to make up for it.

Which leads to less of the actual mats themselves being created and making it much harder to gear yourself up. After all, 200 weekends of NW is not a feasable thing for most people and if the supply of things like seals of war, raptures, and uncannies dry up due to a change like this, we'd be in a bad place.

I don't mind having more items you can exchange supply tokens for (maybe shards or somesuch, for example). However making coin itself available would not only be an extremely bad idea, but it would also destroy one of the best coin sinks we've had in a long time. And coin sinks are things PWI has been in need of for quite some time considering how much coin is getting devalued these days from how easy it is to gain.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Humm true i see your point now. Only way around it would is those who needed the other items instead to get that and not coins. Eh overall would be a gamble with those since no 100% for sure what would happen.

Another thing would be adding special packs with chances at random NW prizes or coin. How about that?
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    BH reset stone. It resets your bh counter for the day like you just leveled to the 10th level all over again. Can turn in and take I, II, III again even if you did it already before. Costs 10 tokens. Expires in 24 hours and one use per stone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    BH reset stone. It resets your bh counter for the day like you just leveled to the 10th level all over again. Can turn in and take I, II, III again even if you did it already before. Costs 10 tokens. Expires in 24 hours and one use per stone.

Ehh maybe.... though i can see people doing 20 BH abba's a day trying for good rewards with this..... but ehh dunno
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ehh maybe.... though i can see people doing 20 BH abba's a day trying for good rewards with this..... but ehh dunno

People already do. b:surrender There's many peoplewith quite some chars at level 100+.

Also, I think the rewards are just fine. And I like the current prices, because I have to buy my uncannies/raptures off others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Making orbs and chienkungs out of tokens would work cool imo.
    It would make refining easier, but it should require reasonable amount of tokens, not 1. -__-
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.