Sirens of War Content Update

Comments

• Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nice example... but you forgot one thing. My pinto (tt99 gear) is enough to destroy anything in the game. But now I am driving a monster truck rolling over everything while half asleep. Its one thing to get better gear to deal with bosses that can't be done with the previous level of gear... but its another to give better gear to deal and weaken bosses. Example FF.... FF was first done by me in my TT80 gear... then I got TT90... TT99/Lunar... R8... R9... but what happened to the same FF boss/mobs... it gets a 90% nerf.

But this is what im saying. What if PWI never upgraded the gear or did anything to make any kind of changes. The game would be dead. But, they take the game to another level every time they make a change. Why would people complain about the game being broken every single time a new set of gear comes out.

Don't you think PWi has been working on this for years. This is not something that's made up. They knew NW would kill the Nirvi market(which of course Nirvi ss still around). They know that making gear stronger, makes instances weaker. But, like everything else in the game, instances get better, not broken. The game is not broken, it's being made better. I can bet anything that Nirvi will be updated, just like warsong and lunar. I would not be playing this game if I were stuck for years wearing tt90 gear.

So if NW broke the games market and killed Nirvi as people say, then does anyone think, if they didn't make NW, but put the forges, that it would still be easy to get the upgrades. Imagine the length of time it would take to run Nirvi with the measly drops it gives, and try upgrading your gear or making summerwinds.

Upgrading is a good thing. they have to try and compete with other games on the market. What they need to upgrade is the graphcs. the gameplay is great, but the graphics are old school.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How many times has it been said since the game started, that it's broken lmao. Everytime a new set of gear comes out, it's the same ole story. I'm sure the new expansion is going to bring a new instanse for Nirvi and more. You have to raise the att in order to kill the def. You have to raise the def in order to defend against the att. It's called game balancing. That's how you balance a game. It's a constant back and forth. Lmao, would you play the game if they didn't constantly update it with new stuff? The game would be dead if all they did was change the look of tt90 and that was the highest gear you can get. How boring would that be? I'm personally happy they continue to make upgrades and changes. If they didn't, I would be playing another game.

Here's an example. When you play apps on your phone. Lets say a driving game. The object of the game is to crash into cars and destroy them. Every time you destroy a car, the next car is harder to destroy. You start off with a pinto. Where would the game go, if you were always stuck with the pinto, your on lvl 5 and there was no upgrade, and you can't destroy that lvl 5 car. I'm sure that after 10 tries, you would say, why isn't there an upgrade so I can beat this lvl 5 car? This is why games constantly give better gear. To destroy the next best thing. Personally, the game would be over for me if the only gear I can get is the original starter gear tt70-tt90 and I had to run Warsong or Lunar with it. Or even a tt 3-3. Enjoy the game, expansions and upgrades. It takes it to a new lvl of game play every time.

And yes, I am a Cs'er, I also find this is going to be expensive. I'm not the type of cs'er that's going to run out and fill my gear up with it right away. it will take me some time. Eventually, maybe by the end of the year, I'll have something done to my R9s3. I'm curious of the cost. I've had my R9s3 for a while and it's still not sharded or refined. It's pricey to do it. now i'll wait for this to come out and some time by next year it might be done. Who knows. I'm a slow buyer.

Do you actually believe what your saying? Let's break this down a bit...

By your logic, it's quite alright to have gear that makes the majority of the game easy as balls, but makes the new stuff challenging. Dude, are you forgetting about everything besides PvP, and the latest instances? You have world bosses, OHT maps, hell/heaven quests, FB19-99, Warsong, Lunar, TTs (although semi-upgraded a year ago), etc. All of that stuff is now too easy for people with 3rd stage Nirvana and/or R9.

Think about it. The new gear takes the challenge out of the game. The entire idea that Wanmei is getting at is to introduce new gear/upgraded and a new instance every year, which makes most game content null, void, lackluster, dull, easy, etc. What's the point of having all the other content when bosses can be be soloed and one shot?

The other side of your argument is stagnation. To not upgrade the gear and offer newer, harder instances that require gear that does more damage and gives more defense, would be bad too. However, your not entirely correct. It's possible to offer new instances with new gear that aren't any more challenging than current instances at the time, and the gear is up to par (damage-wise), but not insanely OP. This would basically give users more options on what kind of gear they want, and allow actual diversity in gear/looks.

Both sides of the argument are valid, but one thing is for sure. That being, the current top tier gear (Nirvana 3rd stage, R9 1st stage or higher, Warsoul, etc), are so OP that the game's content is dull and easy. This being said, I don't think throwing more gear in the game that is more OP, along harder instances, will make it all better.

The graphics are fine. What needs upgrading is the game engine. Multi-threading support (support for multiple CPU cores), fix the memory leaks, and allow the client to be more GPU dependent for people that choose so.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How many times has it been said since the game started, that it's broken lmao...and the rest :D
    +1 only i'dd the disagree on the method of obtaining it....its either too easy or hell hard....what i mean is that they drop from hell hard to really easy...they don't have the "middle part inbetween"

and about pve content....a simple solution...like in TT put more difficulty tiers to instances...and not to crush your so called balance add some extra "untradeable content" into it...kinda like they did with ws inscriptions...

here's an example put a currency...an untradeable token or something....that can be exchanged for d/s event card (given if u want the number required)

and bring back Herzen Sori Demos to lunar...QQ

sry for going offtopic.....

on topic any word on what skills the panda form can use (i mean is it like ultraviolet some of the original ones remain active ?)
    edited February 2013

By your logic, it's quite alright to have gear that makes the majority of the game easy as balls, but makes the new stuff challenging. Dude, are you forgetting about everything besides PvP, and the latest instances? You have world bosses, OHT maps, hell/heaven quests, FB19-99, Warsong, Lunar, TTs (although semi-upgraded a year ago), etc. All of that stuff is now too easy for people with 3rd stage Nirvana and/or R9.

Think about it. The new gear takes the challenge out of the game. The entire idea that Wanmei is getting at is to introduce new gear/upgraded and a new instance every year, which makes most game content null, void, lackluster, dull, easy, etc. What's the point of having all the other content when bosses can be be soloed and one shot?

The other side of your argument is stagnation. To not upgrade the gear and offer newer, harder instances that require gear that does more damage and gives more defense, would be bad too. However, your not entirely correct. It's possible to offer new instances with new gear that aren't any more challenging than current instances at the time, and the gear is up to par (damage-wise), but not insanely OP. This would basically give users more options on what kind of gear they want, and allow actual diversity in gear/looks.

Both sides of the argument are valid, but one thing is for sure. That being, the current top tier gear (Nirvana 3rd stage, R9 1st stage or higher, Warsoul, etc), are so OP that the game's content is dull and easy. This being said, I don't think throwing more gear in the game that is more OP, along harder instances, will make it all better.

The graphics are fine. What needs upgrading is the game engine. Multi-threading support (support for multiple CPU cores), fix the memory leaks, and allow the client to be more GPU dependent for people that choose so.

What type of gear do you have on your toons? And why?
    edited February 2013
    I'm curious, even with the strongest gear, can anyone seriously solo warsong, lunar and kill a world boss? Do you run nw and not die? Do you pvp and never once die? So, would you still be playing this game if they didn't add new content, new gear, new maps, new instances, new flyers, new fash, upgraded skills? Would you play other games if they were still the same after 5-6 years without an expansion or upgrade?

I know that the gear on pwi is OP. But not for all instances. And im sure not for up and coming instances. To make more tokens on NW you have to be able to hold your own. You can't do that under geared. If your sitting here telling me that any upgraded gear is OP, then you should be still wearing old gear. if your wearing R9 or nirvi, when it came out, the exact same thing was said, it's OP. Why did you get it and not stick with your old gear? The answer to that....because it hits harder....because the defense is better. Instances like FF, TT and lower FB's are still there for people that are lower level working there way up. Once the level cap is raised, will you still be wearing your R8 or lower? When they add instances for people that are 105 and up, will you still be wearing your R8 and lower? NO.

Eventually, the level cap will be raised, new instances will be added and Nirvi will be fixed just like Lunar and Warsong. This is all created and thought up years in advanced to prepare people for up and coming updates. This was not thought up yesterday. None of us will know anything until it's done. And when it happens, those that don't like change, will realise, they need better gear, to expand there horizons and move forward with the rest of us. If not, paint happy trees or something.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2013
    Eventually, the level cap will be raised...
    Just needed to step in and point something out....

No, it won't.
    The origional cap was 150. Wanmei felt the need to compress the exp from levels 100-150 into 100-105. Not to even mention that the original developer before Wanmei bought it and started **** it up hadn't gone past level 119.

Any changes to the level cap now would completely break the experience tables. The only way that they would reasonably be able to do it would be completely restarting from scratch.

Given that they can't even make simple fixes to the code of the client without breaking something, I don't have any hopes that they will ever discover a way to re-write the current limitations to the exp tables in any live version. (I have had some small success in experimenting, but then you're talking about changing the level of every single character on the server. It then starts to mess up cultivations, quests, ect. and just snowballs.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Just needed to step in and point something out....

No, it won't.
    The origional cap was 150. Wanmei felt the need to compress the exp from levels 100-150 into 100-105. Not to even mention that the original developer before Wanmei bought it and started **** it up hadn't gone past level 119.

Any changes to the level cap now would completely break the experience tables. The only way that they would reasonably be able to do it would be completely restarting from scratch.

Given that they can't even make simple fixes to the code of the client without breaking something, I don't have any hopes that they will ever discover a way to re-write the current limitations to the exp tables in any live version. (I have had some small success in experimenting, but then you're talking about changing the level of every single character on the server. It then starts to mess up cultivations, quests, ect. and just snowballs.)

How do you figure it would break the system> It's already currently 105. It's a matter of adding 106 and up. it would be just like any other update. Adding new instances, just like they always do, set the experience for each level, new gear and so on. This same stuff is done during every content update, besides a level cap raise. New gear and instances are always added. They already have the codes for the level cap, it used to be 150.
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited February 2013
    How do you figure it would break the system> It's already currently 105. It's a matter of adding 106 and up. it would be just like any other update. Adding new instances, just like they always do, set the experience for each level, new gear and so on. This same stuff is done during every content update, besides a level cap raise. New gear and instances are always added. They already have the codes for the level cap, it used to be 150.

It's a hard cap, so the exp to get from 104-105 is like getting four or five toons to 101. They can't add levels 106-150. If they did, it would break the game. Even to rescale would cause issues. Where would a level 104 with 35% exp go, for example? If they didn't re-scale and just added more levels, it would be pointless. How many 105s actually made it to 105 without glitching? A few did genuinely do it, yes. Ask them if they want access to 106. If the exp table kept going beyond 105, level 106 would be like leveling twenty or so 101s. Level 107 would be equal to leveling 60 or so 101s. It just repeats. No one will want to do that, as that's ridiculous.
    What type of gear do you have on your toons? And why?

This question is really moot. Your point? If I say I have TT gear only, I look like a fool that can't play the game correctly. If I say I have r9, your going to attempt to counter my argument on how I'm "making the game too easy for me". If I say I have Nirvana, the same will result. It doesn't matter what gear I have. The point is the top tier gear in the game makes most of the old content useless.
    I'm curious, even with the strongest gear, can anyone seriously solo warsong, lunar and kill a world boss? Do you run nw and not die? Do you pvp and never once die? So, would you still be playing this game if they didn't add new content, new gear, new maps, new instances, new flyers, new fash, upgraded skills? Would you play other games if they were still the same after 5-6 years without an expansion or upgrade?

I know that the gear on pwi is OP. But not for all instances. And im sure not for up and coming instances. To make more tokens on NW you have to be able to hold your own. You can't do that under geared. If your sitting here telling me that any upgraded gear is OP, then you should be still wearing old gear. if your wearing R9 or nirvi, when it came out, the exact same thing was said, it's OP. Why did you get it and not stick with your old gear? The answer to that....because it hits harder....because the defense is better. Instances like FF, TT and lower FB's are still there for people that are lower level working there way up. Once the level cap is raised, will you still be wearing your R8 or lower? When they add instances for people that are 105 and up, will you still be wearing your R8 and lower? NO.

Eventually, the level cap will be raised, new instances will be added and Nirvi will be fixed just like Lunar and Warsong. This is all created and thought up years in advanced to prepare people for up and coming updates. This was not thought up yesterday. None of us will know anything until it's done. And when it happens, those that don't like change, will realise, they need better gear, to expand there horizons and move forward with the rest of us. If not, paint happy trees or something.

You are clearly out of the loop. People do solo world bosses, thanks to 5aps and bp. People do solo BHs, including Warsong - thanks to r9/nirvana 3rd stage. How do I know? I can do it, I've made videos about it, and I've watched people do it.

Adding more gear to the game that has a higher damage ratio isn't good. It's going to result in more content being lackluster, and only a small amount of new content being challenging or "alive". Most of the current content in the game is dead, and only used if it must be. BHs thankfully keep some of those instances alive, but anything below the FB99 instance isn't used much.

Reading your posts seem to make me believe your new here, or haven't really paid much attention to the forums much in the last few years. I see so many things wrong with where your coming from, that I can't begin to formulate a solid conclusion.

As for what you want, it's up to Wanmei. Not you nor I.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2013

If no content was added to pwi after the genie update the game would be considerably better

Old lunar/FCC were COMPLETE murder and gear was capped at g 13

The content released allowed every player to ezendgame and sh*t got dull, so they added higher gear tiers.... to the CS

So they added content... that made all other content worthless

In terms of viable gameplay OG pwi had every FB every field TT FCC cube and warsong Gamma/Delta + TW + pvp

"new" pwi has the new mini TW... and nerfed warsong, even the "new" content (vana etc) is now useless

The only "old" content that was viable when I stopped playing a year or 2 back was world bosses

Open world game with over 30 instances vs town based game with 3

TL;DR Adding content only serves a purpose when it allows old content to remain viable
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited February 2013
    It's a hard cap, so the exp to get from 104-105 is like getting four or five toons to 101. They can't add levels 106-150. If they did, it would break the game. Even to rescale would cause issues. Where would a level 104 with 35% exp go, for example? If they didn't re-scale and just added more levels, it would be pointless. How many 105s actually made it to 105 without glitching? A few did genuinely do it, yes. Ask them if they want access to 106. If the exp table kept going beyond 105, level 106 would be like leveling twenty or so 101s. Level 107 would be equal to leveling 60 or so 101s. It just repeats. No one will want to do that, as that's ridiculous.

This question is really moot. Your point? If I say I have TT gear only, I look like a fool that can't play the game correctly. If I say I have r9, your going to attempt to counter my argument on how I'm "making the game too easy for me". If I say I have Nirvana, the same will result. It doesn't matter what gear I have. The point is the top tier gear in the game makes most of the old content useless.

You are clearly out of the loop. People do solo world bosses, thanks to 5aps and bp. People do solo BHs, including Warsong - thanks to r9/nirvana 3rd stage. How do I know? I can do it, I've made videos about it, and I've watched people do it.

Adding more gear to the game that has a higher damage ratio isn't good. It's going to result in more content being lackluster, and only a small amount of new content being challenging or "alive". Most of the current content in the game is dead, and only used if it must be. BHs thankfully keep some of those instances alive, but anything below the FB99 instance isn't used much.

Reading your posts seem to make me believe your new here, or haven't really paid much attention to the forums much in the last few years. I see so many things wrong with where your coming from, that I can't begin to formulate a solid conclusion.

As for what you want, it's up to Wanmei. Not you nor I.

lmao You shouldn't make assumptions. I'm not new. Just because my profile says 2012, doesn't mean a thing. I have been playing the game siince 2010, but have only posted a few times way back when.

And your right, if you have R9 or nirvi, then you upgraded with the rest of us for more power and defense. if your still running with tt, then you don't understand yet what it feels like to have r9 or nirvi.

I'm not saying the gear thats being put out is not OP. I said that it may be OP at this time, but more content will be added, just like it always has. I'm sure Nirvi will be revamped like Lunar and Warsong. maybe more days added to NW. Every time new gear comes out, it's said to be OP. Do you remember when R8 came out, it was said to be OP and would break the game. Now R8 is basically considered to be todays tt90. this is why R8 has a 2nd cast.

I made my point. It's consistantly said the game is broken when something new comes out, and it's usually those that are upset because they just went through the trouble of getting the gear the way they wanted it, now they see how weak they going to be against the new stuff.

And those that are excited about it, are the ones that know how to have a good time with friends, and feel the need to OP themselves so they can keep up with the rest and try not to get one shotted, like me. I enjoy every content update. Keep it coming PWI.
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited February 2013
    lmao You shouldn't make assumptions. I'm not new. Just because my profile says 2012, doesn't mean a thing. I have been playing the game siince 2010, but have only posted a few times way back when.

And your right, if you have R9 or nirvi, then you upgraded with the rest of us for more power and defense. if your still running with tt, then you don't understand yet what it feels like to have r9 or nirvi.

I'm not saying the gear thats being put out is not OP. I said that it may be OP at this time, but more content will be added, just like it always has. I'm sure Nirvi will be revamped like Lunar and Warsong. maybe more days added to NW. Every time new gear comes out, it's said to be OP. Do you remember when R8 came out, it was said to be OP and would break the game. Now R8 is basically considered to be todays tt90. this is why R8 has a 2nd cast.

I made my point. It's consistantly said the game is broken when something new comes out, and it's usually those that are upset because they just went through the trouble of getting the gear the way they wanted it, now they see how weak they going to be against the new stuff.

And those that are excited about it, are the ones that know how to have a good time with friends, and feel the need to OP themselves so they can keep up with the rest and try not to get one shotted, like me. I enjoy every content update. Keep it coming PWI.

The reason I'm making such an assumption is if you have been playing for as long as you claim, you should by now know a lot of what has been used to counter your claims.

I too, enjoy the content portion of the updates. I enjoy Morai, the new skills and classes, etc. However, what Wanmei has done is killed most instances by adding newer instances that require and/or offer a new set of gear, along with new bosses that are harder so one must obtain better gear to kill the bosses. This is a never-ending cycle, and by the time a user gets Nirvana, R9, or Warsoul gear, all older content is never touched.

What I would like to have seen done is simple. They could have kept creating new content,, and scaled the difficulty to make it challenging. End-game gear should have higher damage but not on the scale of what it is at today. I would have liked to see is the OHT maps get some fresh content. Give incentive for players to finish that cultivation. Quests from 1-105 need tweaking to make them give more exp and coins. DQ drops, for instance should have never been nerfed. I'm talking about both DQ drop nerfs (the one from 2010 and 2012). Heaven & Hell should be revamped to give players reasons to partake in the mind-numbing killing of mobsters. All the old FBs as well.

It's saddening to see constant new content pushed out to milk you of your time and (they hope), money, while all old content dies and becomes useless. You say Nirvana will be revamped? I would like that, but it's not part of their current plans. The next content patch to this game will be the last major update until the next expansion, which will be around December 2013.

Then we have quests. What's the point in quests? To by-pass them via FF? Then, why are they even there? As an option for players to do stuff when they are bored? I mean, c'mon. Your argument is the small amount of new content is greater than all of the old (mostly dead), content. If that's the case, why don't they just get rid of all of the old content? They won't. Meaning, there is a reason for all of that stuff to be here. Granite, it would be fairly difficult to get rid of all that stuff without breaking the game completely.

Wanmei wasn't the original developer of Perfect World, which is why a lot of the older content hasn't been touched since ~2004 when P2P Perfect World was released. Wanmei has been active in creating new content, but a lot of it serves to further the gap between the original instances, quests, etc and the new stuff.

I'm saying that you're out of the loop because you claim no one really solos world bosses, warsong, etc. That's incorrect, and a simple YouTube search will prove you wrong, assuming you don't take my word of it. Incorporating my gear into the equation is really moot in point, because I've been playing this version of PW since late 08. It's hard to compare someone who has started recently (a new player, or average player), with someone who has had such an enormous period of time to gather resources.
    edited February 2013
    The reason I'm making such an assumption is if you have been playing for as long as you claim, you should by now know a lot of what has been used to counter your claims.

I too, enjoy the content portion of the updates. I enjoy Morai, the new skills and classes, etc. However, what Wanmei has done is killed most instances by adding newer instances that require and/or offer a new set of gear, along with new bosses that are harder so one must obtain better gear to kill the bosses. This is a never-ending cycle, and by the time a user gets Nirvana, R9, or Warsoul gear, all older content is never touched.

What I would like to have seen done is simple. They could have kept creating new content,, and scaled the difficulty to make it challenging. End-game gear should have higher damage but not on the scale of what it is at today. I would have liked to see is the OHT maps get some fresh content. Give incentive for players to finish that cultivation. Quests from 1-105 need tweaking to make them give more exp and coins. DQ drops, for instance should have never been nerfed. I'm talking about both DQ drop nerfs (the one from 2010 and 2012). Heaven & Hell should be revamped to give players reasons to partake in the mind-numbing killing of mobsters. All the old FBs as well.

It's saddening to see constant new content pushed out to milk you of your time and (they hope), money, while all old content dies and becomes useless. You say Nirvana will be revamped? I would like that, but it's not part of their current plans. The next content patch to this game will be the last major update until the next expansion, which will be around December 2013.

Then we have quests. What's the point in quests? To by-pass them via FF? Then, why are they even there? As an option for players to do stuff when they are bored? I mean, c'mon. Your argument is the small amount of new content is greater than all of the old (mostly dead), content. If that's the case, why don't they just get rid of all of the old content? They won't. Meaning, there is a reason for all of that stuff to be here. Granite, it would be fairly difficult to get rid of all that stuff without breaking the game completely.

Wanmei wasn't the original developer of Perfect World, which is why a lot of the older content hasn't been touched since ~2004 when P2P Perfect World was released. Wanmei has been active in creating new content, but a lot of it serves to further the gap between the original instances, quests, etc and the new stuff.

I'm saying that you're out of the loop because you claim no one really solos world bosses, warsong, etc. That's incorrect, and a simple YouTube search will prove you wrong, assuming you don't take my word of it. Incorporating my gear into the equation is really moot in point, because I've been playing this version of PW since late 08. It's hard to compare someone who has started recently (a new player, or average player), with someone who has had such an enormous period of time to gather resources.

Actually, looking back on my account info, I started late 09. I have been on for a long time. And just remember, not all players powerlevel. Many players like to quest. I actually made a seeker that i've been questing on only, no power leveling, and im at level 56 with him. It's actually fun questing. And being that I'm not powerleveling him, instances are going to be challenging, due to the fact that I am going to be the actual level you need to be to do those instances. Had I powerleveled, and back quested, of course everything is going to seem like i'm OP for it. But for those that play the game to enjoy the experience of playing the game, do not feel OP. For those that have been on this game for a while, and you claim you have, which I have too, the game has become easy for us. not only because the gear, but because we've ran it so many times, we basically know every step a mob is going to take. this makes instances for us easy. I'm looking forward to new content, like nw, a new nirvi instance and more that will take advantage of not only the current gear, but gear to come.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I found the new stones in game:
    http://i.imgur.com/VEFK1t2.png

The +2 attack stone has a g13 req as expected and the +3 stones are g14.
    I wonder if this will cause DoT price to match DoD? You can now effectively counter defense sharding with attack.

Update to the above....

Looks like they removed both +3 stones: http://i.imgur.com/SOoqzuq.png
    I only see +2 now in both the NPC and the in-game encyclopedia.

The enclopedia also shows a new way to make DoT and DoD from 500 items of something.
    This is the description on that item:
    translate wrote:
    the the Golden Snake Xianbao, Nafo Ching Cheung.
    500 items in Jin Yi the Hannaford messenger at
    The Conversion King of the stone or pan A stone.
    Right-click on the automatic equipment, acquire new skills and equipment.
    Lifting equipment lost skills.
    Valid until April 1, 2013. '

It sounds like some chinese new year event for year of the snake? I'm not sure.

Also here is the new Cape... http://i.imgur.com/sR9DP9L.png
    Made from matchless wings, 1 upgrade item thingie... 9999 tokens.. 9 best luck tokens
    the upgrade item thingie says..
    "With the unknown Jinchan wings textile made​​, is the world's most lightweight thing.
    This material woven into the unparalleled Wings Wings Warriors will be reborn into magic soaring wing.
    Can upgrade operation to the the ancestral dragon south of the White Emperor messenger jade snow Allure at
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Actually, looking back on my account info, I started late 09. I have been on for a long time. And just remember, not all players powerlevel. Many players like to quest. I actually made a seeker that i've been questing on only, no power leveling, and im at level 56 with him. It's actually fun questing. And being that I'm not powerleveling him, instances are going to be challenging, due to the fact that I am going to be the actual level you need to be to do those instances. Had I powerleveled, and back quested, of course everything is going to seem like i'm OP for it. But for those that play the game to enjoy the experience of playing the game, do not feel OP. For those that have been on this game for a while, and you claim you have, which I have too, the game has become easy for us. not only because the gear, but because we've ran it so many times, we basically know every step a mob is going to take. this makes instances for us easy. I'm looking forward to new content, like nw, a new nirvi instance and more that will take advantage of not only the current gear, but gear to come.

According to your account info, you started around Apr 2011. You started right away with either hyper stones or FCC, because your first character leveled way too dang fast to be considered anything around normal.

You then moved from cleric to barb, which again power level up to 60, and then took a month and a half to reach 90. Which may seem like alot of time for FCC players, but is quick as hell to old gen.

It would be interesting to see what quests are available that your seeker went from lvl 10 to lvl 30 in the same day though. Because for most that would take a few days using the old ways.

EDIT APR 9, 2011 should be the exact start date most likely. Amazing how useful those achievement pages are on core connect.
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    is new pack asty which means you need to open 500 snake packs for 1 dot/dod b:surrender
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    According to your account info, you started around Apr 2011. You started right away with either hyper stones or FCC, because your first character leveled way too dang fast to be considered anything around normal.

You then moved from cleric to barb, which again power level up to 60, and then took a month and a half to reach 90. Which may seem like alot of time for FCC players, but is quick as hell to old gen.

It would be interesting to see what quests are available that your seeker went from lvl 10 to lvl 30 in the same day though. Because for most that would take a few days using the old ways.

EDIT APR 9, 2011 should be the exact start date most likely. Amazing how useful those achievement pages are on core connect.

Leveling by questing is unbelievably fast now.
    I Started a barb recently:

Rawr!
    Level a Barbarian to 10.
    Feb 15, 2013

Chicks Dig The Fur
    Level a Barbarian to 30.
    Feb 16, 2013

Eye of the Tiger
    Level a Barbarian to 60.
    Feb 21, 2013

And this was only playing a couple hours on it each day (no hypers, just quests) Currently lv 75 atm.
  • Tulipia - Dreamweaver
    Tulipia - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And here I was hoping for a wolf form b:sad
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Rawr!
    Level a Barbarian to 10.
    Feb 15, 2013

Chicks Dig The Fur
    Level a Barbarian to 30.
    Feb 16, 2013

Eye of the Tiger
    Level a Barbarian to 60.
    Feb 21, 2013

And this was only playing a couple hours on it each day (no hypers, just quests) Currently lv 75 atm.

This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Rawr!
    Level a Barbarian to 10.
    Feb 15, 2013

Chicks Dig The Fur
    Level a Barbarian to 30.
    Feb 16, 2013

Eye of the Tiger
    Level a Barbarian to 60.
    Feb 21, 2013

Now, yes. But these fast quests weren't around in 2011, they are more recent.
  • arpirnat31
    arpirnat31 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    is new pack asty which means you need to open 500 snake packs for 1 dot/dod b:surrender

Ugg had me thinking there was hope for the non-CS'rs but guess not.
    edited March 2013
    Bumping this epic thread, in hopes of this hitting us next week because the the FB NW map teaser pic PW posted.

I'm ready for Panda Form. ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • DarkZoraLink - Archosaur
    DarkZoraLink - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The picture of that level 100 veno in the gt thingie is rediculous!O___o No way can someone have that much hp and mp together!!! A level 102 barbarian i know has at max with buffs 25k hp. O______o
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The picture of that level 100 veno in the gt thingie is rediculous!O___o No way can someone have that much hp and mp together!!! A level 102 barbarian i know has at max with buffs 25k hp. O______o

im guessing thats a gm
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok so bottom line now there aren't any +3 stones in China atm? But the kept the atk +2 stone? ._.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013

by ur so OH so knowledable prowness could you explain how you would tank pole and nob at 69 with +2 and +3star heavy armor lv 60.

it was the norm back in 2008-2009

i hope u dont tell me its not possible then u really should stop wasting money and just quit.

we never did need r9 aps more then 3

we hade ten of times more player playing this game then today

so if you stilll think gear progress is why ppl stayed you really should have to see a doctor.

or let ur mummy hold it for you cos your really shouldent be wasting it.

i am talking old FB69 with just 60 gear.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    the ONLy thing i want is to have a is wolf form for my barb

pwi have a insane low love for panda why in heck would the 1st ever transform be a damn panda ugh

seriusly pwcn wake up

b:angry
  • Eledelelele - Lost City
    Eledelelele - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hey guys I wanted to bump this thread. Todays news on w2i are pretty interesting: http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20130318/69467.shtml
    I hope someone can translate this. b:surrender
    edited March 2013
    hey guys I wanted to bump this thread. Todays news on w2i are pretty interesting: http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20130318/69467.shtml
    I hope someone can translate this. b:surrender

All I understood was....something involving "comprehension 2.0" using Google Translate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Ummm. I know of a BM that has more than that.

My barb lvl 94 has 19872 HP buffed in tiger.
    Our faction leader has 30k+ HP buffed in tiger and he has full s2 nirvi only - not even the best geared Barb on our server !

I know of barbs touching the 40k mark, and i am almost sure there are barbs out there with more.

102 Barb with 25k HP ? Claw barb maybe ?

xLeeu
    I eat you last
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
    edited March 2013
    Ummm. I know of a BM that has more than that.

My barb lvl 94 has 19872 HP buffed in tiger.
    Our faction leader has 30k+ HP buffed in tiger and he has full s2 nirvi only - not even the best geared Barb on our server !

I know of barbs touching the 40k mark, and i am almost sure there are barbs out there with more.

102 Barb with 25k HP ? Claw barb maybe ?

xLeeu
    I eat you last

Depends on the build, they could just be either a claw barb, or a pure str barb, or even a hybrid str/dex barb. When you have +10 refines, vit doesn't matter to you, unless you care for more HP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
This discussion has been closed.