Wizards...did you know?

Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Wizard
Lets make a new topic...

I will try to add 5 things that I find tricky for Wizards in PWI and you guys say if you knew about them or not and also bring 5 tricks of your own if you have them.

1. Did you know that using AquaFlame armour after you have been HFed, basically cancel the HF debuff being a 50% dmg reduction for the first 10 seconds?(TY Adroit)

2. Did you know that the bushes in NW are very glitchy places, same as the higher level of the map's while flying or the sides and can kill you just coz your rubberband of get stucked?

3. Did you know that the best combo in terms of dmg for the fire combo(undine+spark+fire spells) works by applying EP first? It lasts for 16 sec and it increases the overall dmg by 20%.

4. Did you know that while fighting BMs, the fire combo has much much lower effect on them while they use Magic marrow and it will not have the desired devastating effect?

5. Did you know that PVP wise, air fights give wizards the best versatility, in 1 vs 1 scenarios and also in open PVP, allowing them to use their control skills(morai ones, MS) especially versus melee classes.(although there is the risk of getting bind/stunned while you cancel fly and then you're pretty much ....backed not being able to use apo.

I know these are known facts by the elder wizards but maybe the not all people posses the knowledge so I'd thought it would be nice to share.
If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
Post edited by Spell_Caster - Raging Tide on

Comments

• soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think the advantage of wizards fighting from the air is they have extra DD to give up to the air to ground reduction. If a seeker can do 120% of the damage needed to kill a wizard with a nuke and a wizard can do 250% of the damage needed to kill a seeker then in an air to ground battle the wizard can still one shot the seeker but not the other way around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1 is not true, you end up with both icons.
    2 not really sure what you're saying
    3 and 4 are obvious, known both of those for years
    5 don't really agree, air/ground fights each have their advantages.. with air fights giving both players a way to instantly take half damage (get off mount) and sprints/speed boosts not helping (including boost from purify proc). I'll jump in the air if I'm getting outnumbered so that I can drop anytime for half damage and because I have wind force and most others don't.. but in 1v1s I actually prefer ground fights now.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1 is not true, you end up with both icons.
    2 not really sure what you're saying
    3 and 4 are obvious, known both of those for years
    5 don't really agree, air/ground fights each have their advantages.. with air fights giving both players a way to instantly take half damage (get off mount) and sprints/speed boosts not helping (including boost from purify proc). I'll jump in the air if I'm getting outnumbered so that I can drop anytime for half damage and because I have wind force and most others don't.. but in 1v1s I actually prefer ground fights now.

inb4 He makes another QQ thread because you're hating on him and you have no idea what it's like to be a top geared wizard like him and only he can understand what he means. 90% of what Spell_Caster says makes no sense since he just assumes everyone is as bad as him.
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    inb4 He makes another QQ thread because you're hating on him and you have no idea what it's like to be a top geared wizard like him and only he can understand what he means. 90% of what Spell_Caster says makes no sense since he just assumes everyone is as bad as him.

You dont even know me! On topic please, I do not understand why you are trying to high-jack this thread and why you have so much hate for me. Please share your experience here or just dont troll or flame.
    If I ever hurt or insulted any of your characters ingame or outside the game, please send me a PM and we will try to make peace.

@Adroit: I might be wrong about the HF icon. I will make a video with it tonight. You tell me you never jumped into a glitchy bush in NW...because I got stuck at one point for like 5min.

Share your experiences people, dont trashtalk.
  • BluePassion - Lost City
    BluePassion - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Get stuck in a shrub/tree/some annoying green thing that archers like hiding in?

Either start flying or stop flying. Or wriggle around a little. If all else fails, try everything at the same time. XD
    Om. Nomnom?
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    You dont even know me! On topic please, I do not understand why you are trying to high-jack this thread and why you have so much hate for me. Please share your experience here or just dont troll or flame.
    If I ever hurt or insulted any of your characters ingame or outside the game, please send me a PM and we will try to make peace.

You're a horrible wizard that gives horrible tips to people trying to become great wizards. I have no hate for you, in fact you seem like a nice guy. That doesn't change the fact you are terribad. You have really good gear which makes you think you have all the answers.

Since Raging Tides is a good supplier of videos I can see you without editing. This horrible archer posted a video of PK outside westgate and 99% of the time you were targeted you never had stone barrier on. You had other buffs so obviously you weren't purged, you're just bad.

tl;dr Don't give advice or tips.
    edited February 2013
    You're a horrible wizard that gives horrible tips to people trying to become great wizards. I have no hate for you, in fact you seem like a nice guy. That doesn't change the fact you are terribad. You have really good gear which makes you think you have all the answers.

Since Raging Tides is a good supplier of videos I can see you without editing. This horrible archer posted a video of PK outside westgate and 99% of the time you were targeted you never had stone barrier on. You had other buffs so obviously you weren't purged, you're just bad.

tl;dr Don't give advice or tips.

Okay, now that you vent your hate towards me and your indignation about my cashoper horribad gameplay...which I love to advertise in my videos...what else?

99.99% of the time I have my stone barrier on, show me the video where I actually fight w.o it.

It's a video, it's on youtube...show it to me.

I have 3 years of TW videos, many posted on youtube, show me where I play w.o my Stone barrier.

Stone barrier improves my pdef from 8k to 20k so ... it would be silly of me to have no barrier at all.

But okay, I understand you consider I am a bad wizard but also see things from my point of view:

I am the most well geared Wizard on my server.
    I played and supported the game with my money for more than 3 years now.
    I do have the highest number of kills on the server among wizards.
    I have many people who appreciate my gameplay, even if you think I suck big time.
    I have done more for the community than you have ever done, even if you are right and I suck bad at PWI, my videos are still the living proof of "DO not do that".

I am sure you were affected in someway by me in the past, I dont know what deep scars I left in your brain to he honest.

I have many enemies on RT that consider me a good player at least. I still play this game while other nicer and more pro people left it.

I still do not get your point...what do you hope to achieve with your comments? What do you want from me? To uninstall? To ask for my forum account to be shut down? To disappear of the face of the Earth?

Please enlighten me because you do not make sense to me at this point.
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Okay, now that you vent your hate towards me and your indignation about my cashoper horribad gameplay...which I love to advertise in my videos...what else?

I don't care if you cash shop or work for your gear. You're bad.

99.99% of the time I have my stone barrier on, show me the video where I actually fight w.o it.

Watch AriaArrows PvP video. 4-5 times you and Enemy have no stone barrier.

I have 3 years of TW videos, many posted on youtube, show me where I play w.o my Stone barrier.

Excellent editing skills can remove flaws.
    Stone barrier improves my pdef from 8k to 20k so ... it would be silly of me to have no barrier at all.

Exactly, that's why you're horrible.

Here comes the fun part.
    I am the most well geared Wizard on my server.

And? That means nothing.
    I played and supported the game with my money for more than 3 years now.

Irrelevant and sad that you've played for 3 years and still suck.
    I do have the highest number of kills on the server among wizards.

PvP Kills mean nothing. You killed thousands of 1 shots? Wow must have been hard.
    I have many people who appreciate my gameplay, even if you think I suck big time.

People tend to be drawn to idiots.

I have done more for the community than you have ever done, even if you are right and I suck bad at PWI, my videos are still the living proof of "DO not do that".

Maybe recently? I used to post on Wiz forums way before you, including videos just like you. This was before R8 was even possible as well. Before I deleted it my elemental invocation video had like 7k views.
    edited February 2013
    And yet hr point is...
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Spell, it's best to not answer the trolls. You're feeding him too much.

You've said it many times on WC on RT: "Haters gonna hate". He's obviously hating, as he needs no reason to. Haters will do exactly what they are meant to do, which is hate.

Every person who makes videos will have at least one hater. Some will have more, some will have less. Some will have more haters than fans, and vice versa. It's just something you'll have to deal with. I've learned to deal with it. You can too.
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yea i got stuck in those tricky bushes ****damn...

also yea while u can easily leap in air\knocked back from arcane def people cant holy path to u and archers cant follow you with their leaps\speed skill, also unever ground **** why there is uneven ground in pwi >-<
    using a longevity with windforce gives u even more kite advantage imo
    edited February 2013
    I don't care if you cash shop or work for your gear. You're bad.

Watch AriaArrows PvP video. 4-5 times you and Enemy have no stone barrier.

That's because we got purged. No wizard forgets Stone barrier in PK. You are trolling me.

Excellent editing skills can remove flaws.

I post my deaths and fails too in TW. Gotcha!!!

Exactly, that's why you're horrible.

Here comes the fun part.

And? That means nothing.

Irrelevant and sad that you've played for 3 years and still suck.

I may suck but...wait for it...this game is free to play/pay to win. Because people like me pay, people like you get to play for free because we keep the servers running.

PvP Kills mean nothing. You killed thousands of 1 shots? Wow must have been hard.

Killing people in TW ensures a win, most of the times. For a wiz, is better for me to DD and kill enemies than heal my cata barbs.

People tend to be drawn to idiots.

You insult many people here...I am sure you are a genius with 245IQ

Maybe recently? I used to post on Wiz forums way before you, including videos just like you. This was before R8 was even possible as well. Before I deleted it my elemental invocation video had like 7k views.

You played what 1 year and you got a lvl 100 skill and full culti done? So did I. I stayed and played more. To be honest, you should not even post here, playing before the tideborn era, you have little applied knowledge about the game changes in skills for all classes, especially for wizards.

And now on topic:

More things I found interesting:

*When fighting OP wizards like FayHumming, Mooooo, Adroid etc...best is to use Dew star of protection and keep them busy for 20 seconds. They will not be able to kill you as a wizard and you keep their focus on. If they switch target, annoy them with seal/sleep then when 15 seconds have passed, run out of range. Wizards dont have any certain purge so dew star can match a T3 wiz with R9,3 wiz for 20 sec.

*In NW when you get to fight in an empty map, with no enemies, go and use an attack macro on the enemy NCP near their Tree. Spamming skills ensures rank1 and between 150-200 points just for doing dmg to it.

• Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited February 2013

And now on topic:

*In NW when you get to fight in an empty map, with no enemies, go and use an attack macro on the enemy NCP near their Tree. Spamming skills ensures rank1 and between 150-200 points just for doing dmg to it.

This was too funny :3

I loled :3

b:chuckle
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lets make a new topic...

I will try to add 5 things that I find tricky for Wizards in PWI and you guys say if you knew about them or not and also bring 5 tricks of your own if you have them.

1. Did you know that using AquaFlame armour after you have been HFed, replaces the HF debuff but still keeps the icon on yourself, ignoring the effects of HF?

Naw didn't know that! =^.^=

2. Did you know that the bushes in NW are very glitchy places, same as the higher level of the map's while flying or the sides and can kill you just coz your rubberband of get stucked?

When im stuck in a bush i try to jump/holy path, run around to get out.

3. Did you know that the best combo in terms of dmg for the fire combo(undine+spark+fire spells) works by applying EP first? It lasts for 16 sec and it increases the overall dmg by 20%.

Interesting.

4. Did you know that while fighting BMs, the fire combo has much much lower effect on them while they use Magic marrow and it will not have the desired devastating effect?

Doesn't it depends on what gear, the bm is using too right?

5. Did you know that PVP wise, air fights give wizards the best versatility, in 1 vs 1 scenarios and also in open PVP, allowing them to use their control skills(morai ones, MS) especially versus melee classes.(although there is the risk of getting bind/stunned while you cancel fly and then you're pretty much ....backed not being able to use apo.

I will test this idea out Friday.

I know these are known facts by the elder wizards but maybe the not all people posses the knowledge so I'd thought it would be nice to share.

Ty Spell good info!
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited February 2013

You hate me because I cash shop QQQ

Who said I didn't cash shop? Everytime someone calls you bad you just hide behind the cash shop defense. Last time I called you bad you immediately made a thread asking why people hate cash shoppers. I was/still am an occasional cash shopper. And just because I stopped playing this wiz around tideborn doesn't mean I stopped all together. When tideborn came out I switched to Raging Tide for a while rolling people when we were in QQme. Then I went to playing Archer and now I play BM and occasionally a wiz on your server.
    edited February 2013
    Who said I didn't cash shop? Everytime someone calls you bad you just hide behind the cash shop defense. Last time I called you bad you immediately made a thread asking why people hate cash shoppers. I was/still am an occasional cash shopper. And just because I stopped playing this wiz around tideborn doesn't mean I stopped all together. When tideborn came out I switched to Raging Tide for a while rolling people when we were in QQme. Then I went to playing Archer and now I play BM and occasionally a wiz on your server.

Okay bro! Share some of your ancient knowledge here.
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i dont wanna get in the middle of this argueing but ive known all 5 of those i mean like its not hard to figure those out and also in your post you said you had the most kills on your server TBH kills dont mean anything and at this point in the game KDR means nothing as well but before i did actually respect KDR but as of now i dont.

EDIT: when the hell did rhyme start playing again?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2013

And now on topic:

More things I found interesting:

*When fighting OP wizards like FayHumming, Mooooo, Adroid etc...best is to use Dew star of protection and keep them busy for 20 seconds. They will not be able to kill you as a wizard and you keep their focus on. If they switch target, annoy them with seal/sleep then when 15 seconds have passed, run out of range. Wizards dont have any certain purge so dew star can match a T3 wiz with R9,3 wiz for 20 sec.

I love it when people waste apoth like this, I just ignore for the 20 seconds and re-target when the dew runs out.. at which point they are twice as easy to kill with apoth on cd. They can still annoy me with control skills, but no need to blow apoth to do that.. besides if I'm sealed/slept I won't be hitting anything anyway.. how does having max resists help at all in this situation?
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Okay bro! Share some of your ancient knowledge here.

Well if we're naming stupid things people already know let me give it a try.

Did you know if you're going to sleep someone you should undine before using sleep so you don't wake them up with only 100 damage?

Did you know you can use elemental shell as a good chi builder?

Did you know that Dragon's Breath can stay up even without a target?

Did you know that at full chi you can use Sutra+Pyrogram+Ulti?

Did you know that hailstorm can also freeze?

Did you know that pyrogram is a good chi builder?

Did you know that wizards use mana a lot and you should have mana pots?

amidoin it rite?

Also your "attack the npc" in NW theory is just wrong. It's based on soulforce and since yours is 50k+ you automaticly get first in 20vs0 wars.
    edited February 2013
    I love it when people waste apoth like this, I just ignore for the 20 seconds and re-target when the dew runs out.. at which point they are twice as easy to kill with apoth on cd. They can still annoy me with control skills, but no need to blow apoth to do that.. besides if I'm sealed/slept I won't be hitting anything anyway.. how does having max resists help at all in this situation?

T3 nirvana people usually get oneshoted by fire combo even if they are full+10. This includes arcanes too.
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    T3 nirvana people usually get oneshoted by fire combo even if they are full+10. This includes arcanes too.

How would a dew star help anymore than an ironguard? With a dew star they can still FoW you and Sleep you or even stun if they have chi. Fortify/AD+Ironguard would have so many more benefits. In 1v1 it gives you control as long as they don't run away, and if you're considering 1v1ing someone you know can 1 shot you anyway you're stupid. In mass pvp its stops you from being targeted or if the wiz doesn't notice it draws attention away from your squad.

That is assuming you don't have cleric buffs which would make dew star useless anyway.
  • Nuff_Said - Raging Tide
    Nuff_Said - Raging Tide Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Regardless of Spell_Caster's playing ability, he is at least trying to bring some life to pwi forums by sparking discussions. This thread was to try to bring some extra info to the wizard community and Rhyme completely threw it off course. If what Spell is presenting is incorrect, all that is needed is a quit note that his is and explanation why.

Faceroll said it best:

" The people who get upset in this game are generally playing as if THEY ARE THEIR CHARACTER. if you do something bad to their character you are actually doing it to them, if you kill their character you are basically killing them (** srsly too many ppl act like that). ofc most ppl can understand/maintain healthy balance but of the butt hurt population high frequency of ppl who superimpose theirself onto their ingame toon. arguably that is the entire point of an mmorpg... (ofc this does not excuse all behavior, specifically behavior direct at demeaning/attacking the real person behind the char...... i mean there is a real person behind the character... somewhere... sometimes... ok maybe 1/4th of the time?)"

No offence to Rhyme or anyone else but jeez, it is a damn game. Thanks for the info presented in this thread from all.
    "I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever! There's never been anybody as ruthless! I'm Sonny Liston, I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children!" ~ Mike Tyson
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Also your "attack the npc" in NW theory is just wrong. It's based on soulforce and since yours is 50k+ you automaticly get first in 20vs0 wars.

Does not compute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Regardless of Spell_Caster's playing ability, he is at least trying to bring some life to pwi forums by sparking discussions. This thread was to try to bring some extra info to the wizard community and Rhyme completely threw it off course. If what Spell is presenting is incorrect, all that is needed is a quit note that his is and explanation why.

Faceroll said it best:

" The people who get upset in this game are generally playing as if THEY ARE THEIR CHARACTER. if you do something bad to their character you are actually doing it to them, if you kill their character you are basically killing them (** srsly too many ppl act like that). ofc most ppl can understand/maintain healthy balance but of the butt hurt population high frequency of ppl who superimpose theirself onto their ingame toon. arguably that is the entire point of an mmorpg... (ofc this does not excuse all behavior, specifically behavior direct at demeaning/attacking the real person behind the char...... i mean there is a real person behind the character... somewhere... sometimes... ok maybe 1/4th of the time?)"

No offence to Rhyme or anyone else but jeez, it is a damn game. Thanks for the info presented in this thread from all.

That quote has no relevance to this at all. I have no negative feelings towards spell, he just sucks as a wizard and constantly seeing him giving horrible advice is not "bringing some life to pwi forums". In your mind he is the No Child Left Behind equivalent. Yeah he's bad and has no idea what he's talking about but dangit he deserves a chance just like everyone else!

Lets let everyone post whatever they want and we should just smile and say good job! You put 15 dex in for the extra crit all wizards need? Good job! I'm always saying I need more crit! You use mana shards? Man I hate it when I run out of mana good idea! You have full JoSD +12 gear and think dew stars are your biggest enemies? Yeah man hitting for only 1k damage instead of 6-20k sucks:D Thanks for the pointers!

He's hurting the community more than anything. It seems like everyone on Raging Tide are just so super! Yeah AriaArrow, Dylena, Bhavvy, Spell, etc all post videos displaying how bad they are, but they are doin their best with r9r2 and since everyone else is bad its not like they have a reason to get better!
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2013

If you are talking about people super undergeared trying to keep me busy, I think they'd be much better off hitting mdef charms like crazy.. opening with fow, pestering with sleep + MS or tactical/mortal reversion or ice prison (but stay at max range as much as possible).. then whenever I switch my attention to them blink/holy path out of range. If they are annoying enough eventually I'd probably tactical reversion and blink towards them to kill.. which would be the ideal time to use apoth/genie to survive. Using it right off the bat before I've even targeted and while you intend to have me unable to attack is not very helpful.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
This discussion has been closed.