Sirens of War Content Update

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There were a couple of news items published recently:

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20130218/69256.shtml
    This seems to talk about additional skill rebalancing but I don't see any specifics in there.

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20130219/69261.shtml
    This is talking about them adding new stones and I think something about making resharding easier (which of course consumes some new boutique item).

New stones go up to attack level +3 and defense level +3

3 DoT = attack lev +2
    3 attack lev +2 = attack lev +3
    3 JoSD = defense lev +3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    New stones go up to attack level +3 and defense level +3

3 DoT = attack lev +2
    3 attack lev +2 = attack lev +3
    3 JoSD = defense lev +3

Good god as if things werent already outta hand...
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im sure a handful of ppl have money ready for that. Every server has that one guy/girl who gets the next tier of things in a day.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    Im sure a handful of ppl have money ready for that. Every server has that one guy/girl who gets the next tier of things in a day.b:surrender

Its not the coin, its the level of murder it will produce for the super rich.

People complain about being one shot now, 200, 250+ attack levels later...

I seriously thought they left it at +1 for DoTs and +2 for JoSD for game balance so it isn't a "Whoever can target the person first after IG wears off" contest.

Yuck. Talk about a game killer. Can't wait to hear what it does in China. Given we still havent seen the NW map expansion hopefully it means we have at least that many months before this bad idea at selling more packs gets here...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Good god as if things werent already outta hand...

Lol, +1 no way is anyone gonna want to wipe their JOSD out for the +3 def level stones lmao, that's crazy. JOSD are like 130 ish on my server, can't imagine 400M +3 def stones, that's insane.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    Lol, +1 no way is anyone gonna want to wipe their JOSD out for the +3 def level stones lmao, that's crazy. JOSD are like 130 ish on my server, can't imagine 400M +3 def stones, that's insane.

Naw, with the new CS item you can convert existing shards over along with being able to unshard 1 slot at a time according to people on the Test server.

I can think of many people on HT that will go for it. Personally? Id go the cheap route and do the +3 DoTs. It's gonna be a one shot gank fest even vs the +3 JoSDs, def level sharding will be useless. I've already been 1-3 shot by Psys and Wizzies now as is in Marrow.

Think about it...200+ Attack level Psys with purify spell.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    May cause a rise in -channeling gear, whoever shoots first wins. XD
    edited February 2013
    I found the new stones in game:
    http://i.imgur.com/VEFK1t2.png

The +2 attack stone has a g13 req as expected and the +3 stones are g14.
    I wonder if this will cause DoT price to match DoD? You can now effectively counter defense sharding with attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Flarephoenix - Dreamweaver
    Flarephoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Full +1 attack lvl sharding on a heavy damage dealing class already adds a sizable increase to damage output, the +3 attack lvl shards would be overkill, and added to the 120+ attack lvls r9rr's get is insane. Against DDs with an attack shard build the +3 def lvl shards would only cancel out the +3 attack shards, which would still leave a r9rr attack lvl sharded DD with as much as 60 attack lvls or more above a def lvl sharded r9rr opponent.

I hope the +3 attack/defense lvl shards are never released in PWi, what we have right now with +1 attack lvl or +2 defense lvl somewhat balances out and a defense lvl build can stand up to an attack lvl build. These new shards would break that and though heavy damage dealing classes would still be quite squishy with +3 attack lvl shards, they would be nuking for hell of a lot more.
    edited February 2013
    I hope the +3 attack/defense lvl shards are never released in PWi, what we have right now with +1 attack lvl or +2 defense lvl somewhat balances out and a defense lvl build can stand up to an attack lvl build. These new shards would break that and though heavy damage dealing classes would still be quite squishy with +3 attack lvl shards, they would be nuking for hell of a lot more.

I think the only times functionality between PWI and PWCN has been different is when they get an NPC (like a forge) we don't have or vice versa. They added it directly to the jewelcraftman so I expect it to make its way here eventually. They could not release the new resharding service though if they never put that resharding stone in the boutique.

I'm going to guess by the time they release it here there will be some cheaper way to get DoTs and DoDs as there isn't really enough supply of those to support this.

We're getting pretty far behind PWCN, I'm surprised we havent had an update in a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Naw, with the new CS item you can convert existing shards over along with being able to unshard 1 slot at a time according to people on the Test server.

I can think of many people on HT that will go for it. Personally? Id go the cheap route and do the +3 DoTs. It's gonna be a one shot gank fest even vs the +3 JoSDs, def level sharding will be useless. I've already been 1-3 shot by Psys and Wizzies now as is in Marrow.

Think about it...200+ Attack level Psys with purify spell.

Sadly with how they milked people with the whole chienkun stone feature, I'd predict it'd probably cost ~75% of what it'd normally cost to completely re-do them. b:surrender

With attack level being able to effectively counter shard defense levels, I'm also expecting charm prices to go up alongside the DoTs.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Metsomi - Sanctuary
    Metsomi - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    if this will happen really at next expansion then by by PWI , and i'm sure kerbiy ,Asterelle and kugyo will be only player play pwi b:surrender and everyone will leave game..

so pwi will be so happy to see those only those 3 ppl online in game ...
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    Sadly with how they milked people with the whole chienkun stone feature, I'd predict it'd probably cost ~75% of what it'd normally cost to completely re-do them. b:surrender

With attack level being able to effectively counter shard defense levels, I'm also expecting charm prices to go up alongside the DoTs.

tbh, it'll break the game unless DoTs and DoDs are available via another non pack/non combine shabby method. Cost is meaningless. Game longevity and keeping it from being a 1 shot borefest is meaningful.

If anything they need to up base level defenses, not up attack attributes. Really backwards.

200+ Attack levels, 100% accuracy, highest base damage, Ranged, and Purify Weapon. You'd be nuts not to make a caster. Its not even QQ, its just flat out logical.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to guess by the time they release it here there will be some cheaper way to get DoTs and DoDs as there isn't really enough supply of those to support this.

This...........so bad.

However, if they don't introduce an alternative way, I already can see a handful of players ready to go next tier, you know....the super rich in rl or the super merchant. Already, there's probably someone out there ready to hoard up those gems...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • arpirnat31
    arpirnat31 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Agreed, this will finish off what NW started and destroy the game.
  • Naturion - Dreamweaver
    Naturion - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow.. it alrdy takes forever for two classes who is full JOSD built to kill eachother on a 1v1 fight, imagine with the new +3 def levels gems lmao
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow.. it alrdy takes forever for two classes who is full JOSD built to kill eachother on a 1v1 fight, imagine with the new +3 def levels gems lmao

This only happened cuz before it was unwise to shard DOT just for pure damage so everyone would aim for JOSDs.
    Now that both the stones give +3 attack/defense lvl to the gear, i m sure this wont be the case.
    In fact, i m sure psychics will fully shard with DOTs and in black voodoo, they would literally kill anyone very fast along with their purify skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aluvitar
    aluvitar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

You're lucky. On Lost City JOSD's are roughly 270m.
  • notthemain
    notthemain Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Are DoDs still made out of 3 DoTs and DoTs out of 6 Drakeflames (not that anyone does it)? I'm curious since I don't see the usual DoD or DoT in that combine window :O
    edited February 2013
    notthemain wrote: »
    Are DoDs still made out of 3 DoTs and DoTs out of 6 Drakeflames (not that anyone does it)? I'm curious since I don't see the usual DoD or DoT in that combine window :O

It looks like those are removed. I don't see any way to make DoTs or DoDs in any of the tabs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i ve seen a full dot r9r3 dph sin hitting a r9r3 barb for over 38k...

+3 atk lvl shards? are you ****** serious? its like putting +20 vit stones that's ****** game breaking

+3 def lvl could be viable since atk lvls and def lvls works differently, if your defense level matches and overcomes opponent atk level, u wont have that much damage reduction from the defense levels exceeding the opponent attack levels....

but if opponent attack level matches and overcomes your defense level, you gonna be ground and pounded from the attack level exceeding your current defense level...

also r9r3 gears have already high atk lvl base... but really u cant give +2 +3 atk lvl shards to fishes...

imo if pwi wants to introduce those shards they need to modify defense level mechanics

anyway i am hopeful for new wizard shields b:dirty
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    taringa181 wrote: »
    i ve seen a full dot r9r3 dph sin hitting a r9r3 barb for over 38k...

+3 atk lvl shards? are you ****** serious? its like putting +20 vit stones that's ****** game breaking

+3 def lvl could be viable since atk lvls and def lvls works differently, if your defense level matches and overcomes opponent atk level, u wont have that much damage reduction from the defense levels exceeding the opponent attack levels....

but if opponent attack level matches and overcomes your defense level, you gonna be ground and pounded from the attack level exceeding your current defense level...

also r9r3 gears have already high atk lvl base... but really u cant give +2 +3 atk lvl shards to fishes...

imo if pwi wants to introduce those shards they need to modify defense level mechanics

anyway i am hopeful for new wizard shields b:dirty

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if they bring those in game too.
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Epic, just epic, though I`m still waiting for r10 with omgwtfpwn ATT and DEF levels to further milk the sheep!
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Epic, just epic, though I`m still waiting for r10 with omgwtfpwn ATT and DEF levels to further milk the sheep!

There's little reason for PWI to introduce R10 in the near future so long as they can find other creative ways to keep the arms race going. And I have to say from a PWI revenue standpoint, these new +3 def/attack level shards are brilliant. Just when you finished refining and resharding all over again your new R999 gear and think you're now finally on top of the world... LOL here comes some new OP "must get" items to **** you over.

Current R9 3rd cast +12 players fully sharded with standard JoSD, Vit or Dots will be like nothing compared to the next guy with identical gear who maxes out his sockets with this +3 sh**.
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Eh, another uber expensive implemention to make people spend money. b:worried
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How many times has it been said since the game started, that it's broken lmao. Everytime a new set of gear comes out, it's the same ole story. I'm sure the new expansion is going to bring a new instanse for Nirvi and more. You have to raise the att in order to kill the def. You have to raise the def in order to defend against the att. It's called game balancing. That's how you balance a game. It's a constant back and forth. Lmao, would you play the game if they didn't constantly update it with new stuff? The game would be dead if all they did was change the look of tt90 and that was the highest gear you can get. How boring would that be? I'm personally happy they continue to make upgrades and changes. If they didn't, I would be playing another game.

Here's an example. When you play apps on your phone. Lets say a driving game. The object of the game is to crash into cars and destroy them. Every time you destroy a car, the next car is harder to destroy. You start off with a pinto. Where would the game go, if you were always stuck with the pinto, your on lvl 5 and there was no upgrade, and you can't destroy that lvl 5 car. I'm sure that after 10 tries, you would say, why isn't there an upgrade so I can beat this lvl 5 car? This is why games constantly give better gear. To destroy the next best thing. Personally, the game would be over for me if the only gear I can get is the original starter gear tt70-tt90 and I had to run Warsong or Lunar with it. Or even a tt 3-3. Enjoy the game, expansions and upgrades. It takes it to a new lvl of game play every time.

And yes, I am a Cs'er, I also find this is going to be expensive. I'm not the type of cs'er that's going to run out and fill my gear up with it right away. it will take me some time. Eventually, maybe by the end of the year, I'll have something done to my R9s3. I'm curious of the cost. I've had my R9s3 for a while and it's still not sharded or refined. It's pricey to do it. now i'll wait for this to come out and some time by next year it might be done. Who knows. I'm a slow buyer.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How many times has it been said since the game started, that it's broken lmao. Everytime a new set of gear comes out, it's the same ole story. I'm sure the new expansion is going to bring a new instanse for Nirvi and more. You have to raise the att in order to kill the def. You have to raise the def in order to defend against the att. It's called game balancing. That's how you balance a game. It's a constant back and forth. Lmao, would you play the game if they didn't constantly update it with new stuff? The game would be dead if all they did was change the look of tt90 and that was the highest gear you can get. How boring would that be? I'm personally happy they continue to make upgrades and changes. If they didn't, I would be playing another game.

Here's an example. When you play apps on your phone. Lets say a driving game. The object of the game is to crash into cars and destroy them. Every time you destroy a car, the next car is harder to destroy. You start off with a pinto. Where would the game go, if you were always stuck with the pinto, your on lvl 5 and there was no upgrade, and you can't destroy that lvl 5 car. I'm sure that after 10 tries, you would say, why isn't there an upgrade so I can beat this lvl 5 car? This is why games constantly give better gear. To destroy the next best thing. Personally, the game would be over for me if the only gear I can get is the original starter gear tt70-tt90 and I had to run Warsong or Lunar with it. Or even a tt 3-3. Enjoy the game, expansions and upgrades. It takes it to a new lvl of game play every time.

And yes, I am a Cs'er, I also find this is going to be expensive. I'm not the type of cs'er that's going to run out and fill my gear up with it right away. it will take me some time. Eventually, maybe by the end of the year, I'll have something done to my R9s3. I'm curious of the cost. I've had my R9s3 for a while and it's still not sharded or refined. It's pricey to do it. now i'll wait for this to come out and some time by next year it might be done. Who knows. I'm a slow buyer.

Welcome to LIFE!
  • EllyFire - Dreamweaver
    EllyFire - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can't wait till this comes out. Have been saving up my coins for this update ^^

Any 'release date' known yet?
    "How do you turn this on?"
  • aluvitar
    aluvitar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nobody would be stupid enough to make a DoT out of Drakeflames, they would cost upwards of a billion coins... they come almost exclusively from packs.

That option is more of just something that is there that nobody will ever use, kind of like the 'new' option for combining dragon orbs.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Nice example... but you forgot one thing. My pinto (tt99 gear) is enough to destroy anything in the game. But now I am driving a monster truck rolling over everything while half asleep. Its one thing to get better gear to deal with bosses that can't be done with the previous level of gear... but its another to give better gear to deal and weaken bosses. Example FF.... FF was first done by me in my TT80 gear... then I got TT90... TT99/Lunar... R8... R9... but what happened to the same FF boss/mobs... it gets a 90% nerf.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
This discussion has been closed.