New Psy Skills

Options
EithanPsy - Heavens Tear
EithanPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
We need some better tideborn skills! it seems like everyone else got some pretty amazing skills all but the sins lol they suck the most on skills and the psy skills cost to much to use! to even get the chi for it! all tho i like using them the cooldown is too long!

i wish we had like another new attack skill that didnt take 12 secs to proc! by that time im dead probably lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by EithanPsy - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mikosu - Sanctuary
    Mikosu - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Wow +1. More skills for tideborns please!
  • HaveanLight - Heavens Tear
    HaveanLight - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    psy are already OP , with there soulforce blah blah blah ...
    Dot...Dot...dots....dots... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    X
    We
    Are
    Reality
    X
    **** QUIT PWI BECAUSE NEW HORIZON EXPANSION SUCKS ****
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Psh. Give Archers a meaningful buff. Or at least give it it's own buff icon so that Genie and other class' speed skills don't override it. Pots will still override the buff.

Maybe add an increased Accuracy % or Critical Hit % bonus on our buff as well
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Feeling this post. "Whohooo i get aoe stealth that lasts 5 seconds HOORAAHH 5 ****ING SECONDS" And everyone 105 can still see everyone i stealthed ? Lol ? "Where is the sence that this should make?" lol?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Wut? I'd love half the skills sins seem to have. A good solid range of survivability skills for taking on bosses, a nice aoe amp, ridiculous single target dps, huge chi generation and good PvP control skills. Though it might help that the few sin friends I have in faction really know their class well.

As for psy's, I always considered them the underrated class. I've seen a good few psy's tank delta, while holding agro fine. When a psy goes all out on aoe they usually seem to shred agro from a wiz of same gear. And when I see them mob grinding the mob never reaches them. Wont even mention PvP, bane of nw -.-

What am I missing here?
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    What am I missing here?

that OP is talking about the morai skills. While not completely useless, other classes got way better skills (come on, check target's inventory? make the drop DQ? summon them to you? 3 spark -oh wait, 299 chi- ****?).

O the other hand, I completely agree that this was a nice balancing move (and distribution of sin/psy skills to other classes).
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Psys don't get good new skills because they already have pretty good skills. Ranged AOE stun for 1 spark is pretty OP.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Psys don't get good new skills because they already have pretty good skills. Ranged AOE stun for 1 spark is pretty OP.

Sage wiz gets one that has a 50% chance to use only 1 spark. It just takes a week and a half to channel and cast. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    yeah and make arme nier an aoe also batousai please! b:surrender no, seriously, psys have too many good skills
  • Orouhimie - Heavens Tear
    Orouhimie - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Bms also have tons of useful skills and yet they gave them Blade tornado which is a crazy skill use 3 sparks but gain 2 back? goes threw def lvls like a knife threw butter? unstunnable while using?

People say this class is OP or that class is OP but its not about the class its more about the person playing it and then the gear.

Sins/psys did get ***** over with morai skills none of the psy skills are even of use to us They all cost way to much Chi, and are all about helping others not doing anything for ourselfs.
  • Kane_lust - Heavens Tear
    Kane_lust - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Yeah And Bms Need More Aoes!
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Instead, BMs have a lot of skills that might have been not useless during TT as max stage, but currently are just utter **** no matter how we try to use them. We'll trade you Stream Strike, Magebane, Draw Blood, Vacuous Palm, Atmos Strike, etc for some of those supposedly "useless" Morai skills.

Older classes in all likelihood will contain skills that are useless because they were designed when a different balance existed. Newer classes will have skills designed for a more current game version, which means giving better skills to older classes is merely a "rebalancing", not a nerfing.
  • EithanPsy - Heavens Tear
    EithanPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    well then id be more happy with taking soulforce away from psys and just giving us a percent our skills will proc cause its redic we have to spend lots of money to get our skills to even work right unlike any other class! they dont depend on soulforce as much as we do ya know?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Soulforce is something that makes psys their own class and unique. Why take something away that would make all classes even more mirror-like in each other. They already gave soulforce to every other class in the game. Taking it away from just psys seems mildly stupid since they were the original holders of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    yea i want some good new skills but "like another new attack skill" would just be too much.
    we need anti stun lol or some other kewl buff :D b:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • camamiam1
    camamiam1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I've played a Psy for nearly 3 years, I'm happy with the skills we have to be honest, if we get anymore they don't fit on my skill bar >_>
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I've played a Psy for nearly 3 years, I'm happy with the skills we have to be honest, if we get anymore they don't fit on my skill bar >_>* made it the post on the wrong account .-.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Psys don't need ANY more skills......what are you high?
  • _NoMorePain - Dreamweaver
    _NoMorePain - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    WTB a psy skill that does physical damage like blade tempest b:pleased
  • Alondark - Heavens Tear
    Alondark - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Also pretty much every class besides psy has some form of debuff wheres my psys debuff at?
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    well then id be more happy with taking soulforce away from psys and just giving us a percent our skills will proc cause its redic we have to spend lots of money to get our skills to even work right unlike any other class! they dont depend on soulforce as much as we do ya know?

Yes, because BMs don't need to spend a ridiculous amount of money for their 5 APS gear. But then they need to get high end axes and refine those too. Oh and there's that R8 recast purge spear to get as well. All of which need refining.

I'm sorry, what was that again?
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Psy don't need new skills. What other class can change whether they want att or def +20-30(can't remember) in an instant. They are already beast, especially with R9. Of all the classes, I think sins need some aoe skills.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Psys need Focused Mind. 50% chance of succeeding.

Then we might finally be balanced.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I do have to admit that the Psy Morai skills suck, except the summon skill lol. That's cool as hell. I've been doing the marraige quest for a while, just so I can get that summon skill you can get by doing your daily's. It takes a long time to get, but it's worth it.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
    edited February 2013
    Options
    WTB a psy skill that does physical damage like blade tempest b:pleased

Soulburn/SoV's damage is neither physical nor magical so does equal damage on both sides, so just as good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    They could just...
    Remove the shared cooldown on Soul of Stunning/Retaliation...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    After years of playing a Psy the thing that has always bothered me is our buffs length. Like how Empower Vigor only lasts 90secs where as the Morai Myst skill Verdant Blessing lasts 30mins. Or how Soul of Stun/Retaliation lasts only 30secs. Aside from that i wouldn't change our skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
    edited February 2013
    Options
    They could just...
    Remove the shared cooldown on Soul of Stunning/Retaliation...

THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Like how Empower Vigor only lasts 90secs where as the Morai Myst skill Verdant Blessing lasts 30mins.

Mystic buff doesn't affect charm CD while psy one does. So there's your compensation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I think some of you TB players fail to realize that the reason your new skills were so lame is because you already had a loaded arsenal of skills to begin with, and the only reason other classes got cool new skills at all was to not be so ****ty by comparison.

No you didn't get shafted, everyone else just got boosted closer to your level.
This discussion has been closed.