Gear opinions

Sweet_Desire - Raging Tide
Sweet_Desire - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Wizard
Hello people!

I'm kinda divided, right now I'd be able to upgrade in certain way my current gear. This is what I got atm:

http://pwcalc.com/67a2c13498d5889a

And it could turn like this (using the morai oders shards. I got 5 summerwind tokens):

http://pwcalc.com/bdaa48765f8c470c

I would get some improvements in the survival department, but if you noticed I end up losing 20 attack levels as well. I feel like I'm needing this change because well, with the current standards I'm far from being OP and people started hitting really hard. I'm a sage wizard, with sage stone barrier so I get decent pdef as well.

This is the best I could get right now, going r9rr not an option atm, first I lack time for running fws for badges and some molds; second I lack time for producing money as well so I wouldn't be able to get some refines back.

I barely can attend TWs and NWs. But why don't you wait for getting 4 summerwind tokens more so you get full bonuses with your weapon? You might wonder xD The answer is I will be stuck a few months on it because I can't really work on that atm.

So guys my question is, should I keep my current gear and better wait a few months, maybe 3 more months so I can get the full r9r thing (so I don't lose attack levels) or should I go ahead with this? Taking in mind I do this mainly for TWs and NWs. If you have any other suggestions, they will be welcome :D

b:pleased

Thank you very much in advance :)
Post edited by Sweet_Desire - Raging Tide on

Comments

• taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    http://pwcalc.com/9abea499781b4556

cheap and fun imo if u cant afford full r9r3
  • Sweet_Desire - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    taringa181 wrote: »
    http://pwcalc.com/9abea499781b4556

cheap and fun imo if u cant afford full r9r3

Yeah that could be fun xD But I was expecting something more feasible based on what I already got, because well those gears on your pwcalc would take even more time (and more coins) and if I have to refine to +10 from scratch I rather try r9rr ._.

Thanks tho b:victory

I hope you weren't attempting to troll *Cough*
  • taringa181
    edited February 2013
    id suggest you to go full r9r3 even if u ll stay full +5 for a while

and then work first on weapon refinement
    then on armor refiniments

anyway consider that wizie gets all his phys res out his orns and rings so if u want a solid build go full r9r3 +10 weapon, +5 armors, +10 neck +10 phys ring\r9r ring and never forget to get barb buff before going out for some pvp
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Buy 3k mirages and recast ur set first than try to +5 at least all pieces and add flawless cit to lower cost. The recast bonus set is great in terms of adding 100 mag and extra att and def levels.
    Ur hp should be pretty much the same as 3rd cast reafines better. Do some full ws to get ur badges. Dont worry bout gear stats rerolls.
    Purify spell does little when ur purged and only 8k hp.
    Ditch the lunar ring and get a +10 skycover later on.

There are little costs and u keep ur weap rafines too.
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
    edited February 2013
    Thank you for the replies guys! Well I do know r9rr is the way to go, that's the higher end here so far, but well atm I kinda lack of time for running fws, so I was wondering if upgrading my gear the way I could do it right now was worth it, taking in mind I lose attack levels but I gain HP and some defense.

In the future I prolly will get r9rr, but not so soon xP

Thanks again b:pleased
  • taringa181
    edited February 2013
    consider also that passing from r9 to r9r3 u will gain a lot of phys res base from gear as well as hps coming from them.... on full +10 set i gained kinda 1000 hp and the base phys res was kind of doubled
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Get your armor and belt to R9R2. The extra HP and def is worth it! Then work on getting that all to stage 3 for the 5 piece set bonus.

Then work on your weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Recast the r9 ring first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Recast the r9 ring first.

I wanted to do that before getting the wep, but it's so expensive :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    edited February 2013
    Get your armor and belt to R9R2. The extra HP and def is worth it! Then work on getting that all to stage 3 for the 5 piece set bonus.

Then work on your weapon.

Thanks! I like the idea :D But is it worth losing 20 attack levels for now? I mean would be the loss of damage so significant?
    edited February 2013
    Thanks! I like the idea :D But is it worth losing 20 attack levels for now? I mean would be the loss of damage so significant?

I think the extra tankiness out weighs the loss of DD. To be honest you shouldn't be stuck on R92 for very long anyway. Warsong runs should take no longer than 45 minutes to an hour at the max. Do one of those everyday maybe 2-3 on saturday and sunday and it shouldn't take long at all to get your R93 armor and belt; and there is no question about whether that is better than 20 attack levels. It is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think the extra tankiness out weighs the loss of DD. To be honest you shouldn't be stuck on R92 for very long anyway. Warsong runs should take no longer than 45 minutes to an hour at the max. Do one of those everyday maybe 2-3 on saturday and sunday and it shouldn't take long at all to get your R93 armor and belt; and there is no question about whether that is better than 20 attack levels. It is.

cv only takes 10-15 mins per run, get badges a lot faster :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    cv only takes 10-15 mins per run, get badges a lot faster :P

The few squads I went with on HT?

Lord no.

Frickin' 2 hours or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    The few squads I went with on HT?

Lord no.

Frickin' 2 hours or something.

wtf.. must have been some pretty awful squads lol.. most of the runs that I did were around 10-12 mins, lesser squads up to like 18 mins.. and anything longer than that I just bailed. CV is a really easy instance, shouldn't take long at all lol
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    With the sort of gear around now, one Lunar run really shouldn't take anymore than like 30-45mins max.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    With the sort of gear around now, one Lunar run really shouldn't take anymore than like 30-45mins max.

it shouldn't take more than 15-20 mins MAX imo
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    if you have squad just kill the WS bosses b:avoid
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    it shouldn't take more than 15-20 mins MAX imo

I'm not that good at multi-clienting, okay... D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    I'm not that good at multi-clienting, okay... D:

I couldn't find much of a party one time so I multi'd wiz, seeker, sin, and veno.. still managed ~15min runs with me being 2/3 of the squad lol I had to drop it down to 2 clients (usually wiz/sin) to do 10 min runs.. although tbh I really didn't like multi'ing more than 2 clients (and preferred just playing one)
    edited February 2013
    wtf.. must have been some pretty awful squads lol.. most of the runs that I did were around 10-12 mins, lesser squads up to like 18 mins.. and anything longer than that I just bailed. CV is a really easy instance, shouldn't take long at all lol

Charm tanking bosses isn't fun though...and the squads I went with tended to wipe on the first boss and let me charm tank while the cleric ran back 24/7 to try res everyone.

Where as Warsong I already have a few people that I semi permanently squad with. Runs are fast, clean, no deaths and more importantly fun! The people only seem to want to do WS and never Lunar though :(

I can only seem to find random squads for Lunar, and they NEVER go well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    edited February 2013
    Thank you so much for all of your replies guys :D I think I will do as AshenSkies said. I already got 4 armor molds, missing the mold for the belt and some badges. I will try to find out how to get the essences, that would be like the non free stuff xP

I was messing around with the pwcalc and if I get at least to +5 the r9r3 armor I get around the same hp I have right now, I just hope to be able to refine higher since making coins lately is being a pain D:

b:victory